[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is rock music degenerate? I really like structured music, especially

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_o03lf1eHS71r7d7zyo1_500.jpg (122KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o03lf1eHS71r7d7zyo1_500.jpg
122KB, 494x750px
Is rock music degenerate?

I really like structured music, especially rock, but does the message it once stood for bad?
>>
>>134538998
Yes, if you're not listening to classical music you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>134539098
Can't tell if you're pulling my leg or not, classical, while important to appreciate, is not 'fun' to listen to, surely that's just as important for music to embody?
>>
What was the message?

The only rock I ever liked seemed to be the message of "shit they play on the radio is trash, this is better"
>>
Arctic Monkeys ie, yr pic, is typical working class white male music, for people from shitty places.
This Indie music style is inherently white.
>>
>>134539541
Well it was originally about rebellion and rejecting the establishment, but that was later into the movement with genres such as punk rock etc. Classical rock was more about have fun, and as you said, maintaining a higher standard of music.
>>
Rock is garbage. Just like the rest of modetn music. Classic is the only way to go
>>
>>134539746
So saying white is a bad thing?
>>
>>134539866
So you're telling me you put on Beethoven's fifth symphony when you want to relax and feel good after a long week of working?
>>
No, I put on a playlist of my favorite pianist:Chopin.
>>
>>134539307
It's not fun because you're not used to it yet. It is easier to mindlessly appreciate a song that is built upon 5 chords (like it would happen with Arctic Monkeys), but after a while you get desensitized to it, and the act of listening to classical music becomes effortless.
>>
>>134539307
It's not "fun" because you're a classless retard.
>>
>>134538998
Yes rock is pretty degenerate.
The only songs you should be listening to are various marches (especially German marches)
Music made with a purpose other than to get $$
>>
There are hundreds of metal bands that blow away any centuries old classical music as far as composition and detail
>>
>>134541130

It's the same music.

It's literally the same music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1ExSwL_wk
>>
File: rip-chester-bennington.jpg (297KB, 1616x1076px) Image search: [Google]
rip-chester-bennington.jpg
297KB, 1616x1076px
rip+
>>
File: art pop traditional.png (130KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
art pop traditional.png
130KB, 1600x1200px
Rock music this decade is unironically better than music from literally any other period in time.

>rock now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsh9xzTCFRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KF_6E7AfJ0
>>
File: 1469646940759.jpg (16KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1469646940759.jpg
16KB, 321x322px
>>134540000
>implying he has a job.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.