[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the British government so obsessed with taxes? They have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 500px-UK_taxes.svg.png (52KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
500px-UK_taxes.svg.png
52KB, 500x344px
Why is the British government so obsessed with taxes? They have been doing this since their country was founded.
>>
>>134457348
heh, that's just a few. Here we even went and put a tax on fat. The only one, as far as I know, that ever got repealed the others stay in effect piling one on top of the other. Gibs don't come from nothing.
>>
File: what.jpg (147KB, 2048x1228px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
147KB, 2048x1228px
>>134457774
Tax on fat? Explain now.
>>
File: suburban freak trump voter.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
suburban freak trump voter.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>134457903
America's budget problems solved with one fat tax. Can you imagine the tax revenues.
>>
>>134458443
Actually a fat tax is a kinda good idea...
>>
Keeps the base level of living standard from sinking too much like in America where a lot of people live in literal developing country conditions. Average Americans also pay more in taxes than I do (I've lived in both countries).

America doesn't have weird niche taxes like the Brits do but it's a far more beurocratic and poorly managed system over there. You've got way more homeless, crime and people in prison. Here if someone loses their job with no fault of their own they get job seekers allowance and can pay rent buy food etc while looking for a new job for a couple of months. In American if you lose your job you can become homeless real quick where crime looks like a good option. There is crime in Britain as well but most of it is done by non British that are not entitled to benefits.

The lowest level in America is extremely bad while in Britain it's no where near as bad and still comfy. The highest level is better in America but do you really think you're going to become some multi millionare or have much chance of becoming one? I'd rather pay for weird niche taxes (less of which come from my income than they would in America) and live a comfy stable life rather than fantasise I will become a millionare while living in a trailer after getting out of prison for robbing a bank because I couldn't pay the hospital $10000 for catching a cold like in America.
>>
>>134459845
Alright, yet can the taxes be less niche?
>>
>>134458443
No no, not on fat people...
>>134457903
same as extra taxes on tobacco and alcohol, you already do that don't you?
>>134459324
The only real reason ours was repealed was that it was difficult/expensive to enforce and it didn't really make people ingest less fat. Because all of the sudden, if someone had fried something, they'd use the frying fat for the gravy instead of tossing it and going with a lean alternative (just one example) simply because, otherwise we'd be tossing tax money in the bin.
>>
>>134460037
I don't think so. They can change all the time which can be good or bad. It's better to change and adapt rather than keep the same thing going way past it's sell by date. That's the problem with US is that things are so beaurocratic and people are so fearful of change that people will keep going with them even if they are a failure and not working. The bipartisan president elect system is a perfect example.
>>
So? Its worth it for the healthcare
>>
>>134460670
Man we also get 4 weeks mandatory paid holiday, JSA, state and auto enrolment mandatory private pensions from our employers. We're way better off as common people in Britain than common people in the states. Only benefit to America to live there is if you're really rich but if you're really rich in Britain you can just move to the channel islands and live at an even higher standard than what the states offer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.