[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a Stanford educated philosopher and neuroscientist get

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 54

How does a Stanford educated philosopher and neuroscientist get an intellectual smackdown from a mediocre cartoonist?
>>
>>134313553
The mediocre cartoonist is much richer. Not only that, but the disconnect between arguments was huge, but it allowed the mediocre cartoonist to constantly poke holes in the Standford educated philospher neuroscientist's argument without much effort.
>>
Adams based his arguments in reality while Harris based his in virtue-signalling
>>
An economics degree from Cal isn't so bad.
>>
adams got crushed in my opinion....

>analogies are for people who dont have an argument
two seconds later
>everyone is watching one of two movies

i think harris was right when he said he was hypnotized.
normally he would have called that shit out easy
>>
File: DD_fW2eXsAAFIqP.jpg large.jpg (14KB, 437x238px) Image search: [Google]
DD_fW2eXsAAFIqP.jpg large.jpg
14KB, 437x238px
>>134313553
a microcosm of the 2016 election
>>
>>134313553
Does the fact that we are talking about this, mean the Harris won?
>>
>>134313961
>>analogies are for people who dont have an argument
>two seconds later
>>everyone is watching one of two movies
this is literally the ONLY argument r/samharris could come up with lmao
>>
>>134313961
That's not an analogy. It's a metaphor.
>>
>>134313553
Video?
>>
>>134313961

Adams said that analogies are only useful to describe a concept for the first time, and shouldn't be used as an argu-
>leaf
kys
>>
>>134313553

>Sam Harris is a neuroscientist

Since getting his PhD, he has conducted no scientific research.
Since getting his PhD, he has taught no university/college courses in neuroscience.
Since getting his PhD, he has devoted his efforts to his anti-religious think tank and publishing books, such as the one on using drugs and meditation to discover truths about our reality.
He received his PhD through partial funding from his own atheist organization.
He didn’t do any of the experiments for his own thesis work.
His PhD thesis was about how science can determine what is right and wrong and he turned it into a book for sale.
Since publishing his thesis/book, Harris has yet to use science to resolve a single moral dispute.
>>
>>134314257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vc9Gsn5Ees
>>
File: autisma.jpg (40KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
autisma.jpg
40KB, 720x720px
>>134313961

I saw Harris fanboys pushing this and it's clear they don't know Scott's full stance on the subject. If you actually knew what Scott had to say about analogies, you would know that he sees analogies useful for explaining things for the first time but become weaker in persuasion the more familiar the subject is with the matter at hand.

If I know everything there is to know about computer science, somebody giving me an analogy that servers and computers "talk" to one another would be woefully underdeveloped. If I was computer newb, the analogy has a lot more merit to it.

If you see the current president as an "terrible buffoon of a human being" yet can't wrap your head around why people like him so much, perhaps an analogy might do you some good.
>>
>>134313553
>How?
One is a conventional thinker and relies on what he knows. The other thinks in unconventional terms and considers what he doesn't know.
>>
>>134314432
>Since getting his PhD, he has conducted no scientific research.
>Since getting his PhD, he has taught no university/college courses in neuroscience.
>Since getting his PhD, he has devoted his efforts to his anti-religious think tank and publishing books, such as the one on using drugs and meditation to discover truths about our reality.
>He received his PhD through partial funding from his own atheist organization.
>He didn’t do any of the experiments for his own thesis work.
>His PhD thesis was about how science can determine what is right and wrong and he turned it into a book for sale.
>Since publishing his thesis/book, Harris has yet to use science to resolve a single moral dispute.
Lel, that almost reminds me of Richard Spencer, except Spencer didn't finish, because he got a job at a magazine
>>
>>134314490

What are some key moments in the debate?

some timestamps please
>>
>>134314432
b-but neuroscientist sounds cool
>>
Cartoonists tend to be excellent people watchers.

This is more appropriate in figuring out who is going to win an election considering the thing is really just an advertising campaign.

One product is totally impossible to sell while the other product is like NASCAR, you pay to see the explosions.
>>
Of all the people who have attached to Trump's movement, he's the one I'd like to sit down and have a beer with the most. Seems like a thoughtful, interesting dude.
>>
File: IsaacAsimov.jpg (55KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IsaacAsimov.jpg
55KB, 600x400px
>>134313553
>How does a Stanford educated philosopher and neuroscientist get an intellectual smackdown from a mediocre cartoonist?
>>
>>134313553
Sam Harris is an utter moron. He still believes the 17 intellegence agency meme. I could go on, but the majority of his "facts" aren't.
>>
>>134313553
one of the characters in dilbert is a garbage man who can understand theoretical physics at a level far above dilbert's own capability

should hint to you that the cartoonist part doesn't matter as much as you think

I'm not a doctor, but I have visited plenty of doctors in my life and thought "I'm smarter than this person"
>>
>>134313961
>two movies
It isn't even an analogy. He is literally telling you that people can watch the same event and see different things.
>>
File: 1496494182209.jpg (50KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496494182209.jpg
50KB, 500x720px
>>134313553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vc9Gsn5Ees

Quick Rundown for anyone who doesn't want to listen to two hours.

Scott forces Sam into basically becoming a stuttering wreck.

Basically it goes something like this

>Sam calls Trump a liar
Scott points out that Trump talks to the spirit of the American and isnt here to recite talking point.

Forces Sam into "Trump is Hitler" emotional break down

>Sam calls Trump a Con man
Scott triggers Sam when he points out Sam's cognitive dissonance and projection onto Trump, and is really just angry Trump is a good deal maker and good at getting stuff done.

>Sam retreats to "climate change" because he thinks muh science is a safe space
Scott says debate is good for the subject matter, and harkens back to when "diet science" sold us on the food pyramid so hard back in the day, which is now proved to be bull shit.

Sam says food science is hard and unclear, but climate science is absolute and should not be questioned.

>Final Word
Sam is just a stuttering reckt at this point. Starts randomly jumping from strange topic to strange topic.
>>
>>134313553
he really brought the insecure kike out of harris
>>
lel Jew Harris BTFO
>>
>>134313553
It's a true testament to someone reasonable and extremely bright who is an independent thinker vs. the modern day "intellectual" who is of above average iq but lacks profundity in thought and seeks to prop themselves up by aligning themselves with the status quo in order to appear significant.

Basically what I'm saying is that Sam Harris and many other "academics" hide behind their credentials and form an echo chamber of consensus. With the rise of the internet and debates like these with people who are actually gifted, they get completely blown the fuck out and there's no hiding it because it's broadcasted to the entire world.
>>
>>134314432
>Harris has yet to use science to resolve a single moral dispute.
he tries to do that all the time
that's his whole shtick
>>
All Sam Harris did was moralize. Does he hold every politician and businessman to that standard or just Trump? He came off sounding naive.
>>
>>134314697
There really aren't. It's mostly Harris telling Adams how contemptuous he feels about Trump. Harris wasn't interested in understanding why people like Trump, he wanted to tell people why he doesn't like Trump.
>>
holy fuck

just look at all the sad children in this thread
>>
>>134313961
that's not arguing with an analogy though.
>>
>>134315392
how does one become a big man like you without learning what an analogy is
>>
>>134315392
>Thread having discussion about the debate
>Pros and cons etc.
You come along and insult people by calling them mad children. You're a Harris fanboy aren't you?
>>
>>134313961
He explained his reasoning on analogies, but sadly you were too stupid to understand his point.

Let me try to break it down for your maple syrup drizzled mind:
Analogies are useful for introducing a new idea, like if you were to describe a zebra as a horse with stripes.
After that point it is no longer useful.
So the 2 movies analogy works as an explanation for cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias associate with this election.
You can't continue to use the analogy out of that context though because a horse is not a zebra. It's useless to start arguing about zebras from the context of the horse.

Basically, Sam got triggered, realized he got triggered, didn't realize that Scott Dilbertman was wrecking him the whole time and basically said he thinks he got hypnotized. Very Sad performance by Harris, especially since the basis of his argument was a bunch of spooks like ethics(yeah he seems to think politics should have ethical standards), muh faith in democracy, muh standards of discourse and other non-arguments.

Even Molymeme would have done better than this.
>>
>>134315054
>there's no hiding it because it's broadcasted to the entire world
True but 99.9% of the world will never watch this discussion and instead get their news from the MSM or John Oliver/Samantha Bee or just skim clickbaity headlines.
>>
>>134313961
>leaf
>>
>>134313553
Because one of them sides 80% with the facts and the other 20%.
>>
>>134315316
Only Trump, he literally said Hillary did nothing worthy of jail.
>>
Anyone read Persuasion Man's book?
>>
>>134314789
Careful. He'd hypnotize you and steal yo bitch
>>
>>134315882
Yes, breddy good self-help book. It is about setting up a mindset so you can improve your life without causing unneeded stress on yourself.
>>
>>134314799
>muh democracy
If anybody starts talking about democracy in the context of Western government then you know they have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>134315882
Good book. Key lesson for me: all humans are flesh robots and if you dont know what to talk about with people, then just talk about vacations and travel, and food.
>>
>Year of Our Lord 1911+106
>College degrees and education having any meaning or value
>>
>Don Jr. talked to somebody that lied and said they were russian govt
>It turned out they didn't
>later Don Jr. said they didn't talk to russian govt
>he didn't actually talk to russian govt
Sam Harris thinks there is an inconsistency in the above statements.
>>
>>134313961
He brought this up today and made you look stupid.
>>
>>134314872
He literally started the debate by calling it "the Russia thing". The easiest way to pin people down on this is to force them to say exactly what they mean and get down to the exact facts. So much of the argument is just weasling from vague allusion to unfounded accusation to confabulation from a loose set of unrelated facts.
>>
>>134315882
I read how to fail at everything and found it helpful/motivating. Now I'm trying to go through his persuasion reading list.
>>
>>134313553
Education does not equal intelligence, it only allows you to realize your potential (if educated properly).

At the end of the day, some people are naturally smarter than others.
>>
trump didnt even write that book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxF_CDDJ0YI

trumpfags will be super butthurt by this one
>>
>>134315733
He uses his stunning intellect to read between the lines and infer every accusation levied at trump must mean something is there, yet with Clinton he just decides there's nothing to see. He considers Trump to be a manipulator who was able to dupe millions into voting for him, yet can't apply the same logic to literally any other politician.
>>
>>134315332
what are his reasons? I don't want to spend an hour on the high minded justifications of a navel gazer if they amount to little more than muh fee fees and can't recognize it was the better option than further neoliberal hell
>>
>>134313553

I've met first year law students who could put the smack down on le brilliant and famous modern philosophers. Modern "philosophers" are not of the same caliber as the past. The last great philosopher was Martin Heidegger, and since then we've had mostly "philosophers of science" who are cucked by materialists and don't have very rigorous training. I had a philosophy prof in college (an "elite" college, too) who regularly tried to defend The Great Apes Project, if that tells you anything. If you're clever and you know argumentation, especially if you've studied formal or informal logic, there's a good chance you could BTFO the average "philosopher," as long as he didn't bog you down in technical terms.
>>
>>134316814
It's really quite an insightful podcast thanks to Dilbert. You should stop being a knowledge vampire and listen to it instead of me cuck typing it out for you.
>>
>>134316924
i have things to do today instead of sitting in front of my computer staring at a still image of a youtube video in my underwear
>>
>>134313961
Sam Harris is the one who first brought up the two movies concept in the discussion, because he had heard Adams use it in the past, and Harris wanted to use the metaphor, because he found it a useful tool to frame the discussion.

listen again, Harris is the one who introduces the two movies metaphor.

You've btfo yourself, kiddo.
>>
>>134313961
Harris is such a fag

He always talks up his IQ and his debating ability and will literally ask his audience "find me someone to debate"

He will then debate said person and prove that he is obtruse and pedantic and only once they leave will he go "god they probably tricked me, that was very sneaky of them"

Tl;dr Harris is a fag
>>
>>134316814

he went to muhhh russia a lot
he stated multiple times that Trump isn't actually rich. he just sells that idea
that his entire image is just selling an idea.
he said that Trump is horrible at selling ideas
>>
>>134317081
>implying you cant just download the podcast and listen it on your mp3 player, phone, etc.
>>
>>134317081
>i have things to do today
Don't masturbate too much every day, you'll get venous problems down there when you're older.
>>
>>134314982
Each girl in pic related of yours has the same face
And it is infuriatingly plain
>>
>>134315583
You just have to go look at the R*ddit discussion on the podcast to see all the salt and cognitive dissonance this podcast produced.
100% of Sam's fanboys came away from that being even more sure that Trump was an Orange Buffoon with no morals who is Putins puppet and wants to destroy the environment.

Anybody who came into the debate with an open mind saw Sam getting triggered(which at least he was "intellectually honest" enough to admit) spending most of his time moralizing, putting together non-argument after non-argument while Scott simply explained how there are different ways to interpret the facts and clearly Scott's way has much better predictive power than Sam's. A real scientist would put some stock in the ability of a theory to predict reality but Sam is a pseudoscience who based his reality on post-hoc confabulation.
>>
>>134317227
>implying i mindlessly move through my day and can afford to listen to it while i rot in a cubicle when instead i am an overman committing my being to the present.
>>
>>134313553
>(((Harris)))
>(((Stanford)))
>(((educated)))
>>
>>134314491
The only intelligent response by a smart individual has no takers. That tells you all there is to know about /pol/ neckbeards.
>>
>>134317353
>implying you fucking burgers dont have to sit in your cuckcar for hours on end getting from place a to b and from home to work and from work to home
>>
Dilbertman actually understands behavioural economics which undermines Harris' whole idea of "rationality"

Harris quickly realised that despite him thinking that he's a super-rational person that he's actually just as feeble as any other human being in that he still suffers from mental foibles

Sam Harris would likely not have come across this issue because behavioural economics only became important in the past 2 decades
>>
>>134313961
I wouldn't count that as an analogy but he did almost walk into one by saying something about Trump's Univ being like a construction project, but he got quiet for Harris before he could go down that road. I think Adams missed a few openings where he could've hit harder, mostly when he was talking about a good economy being a better tool to fight climate change than throwing money to the EPA as though the EPA's shit regulations have anything to do with tech innovation, that different energy sectors besides coal are improving by the only real measure the two were looking at (the markets), and the Paris Accords being openly acknowledged by both sides as useless but they mattered to Harris because reasons. Also he should've hit Harris when he was all, "Oh Elon took a huge risk by running away from Trump because Trump is mean and he could've bullied Elon with his power!" It was a clear case of him letting his stupid assumptions of Trump's character get in the way since Trump literally never attempted anything of the sort, and he just proved Adam's point by saying what Trump DIDN'T do.

Adam's isn't perfect but he won the debate by the same measure he says Trump won the election - he won the game he was playing, the only one that matters.
>>
He describes how he sees Trump as a conman and that he isn't fooled by him and everyone would be in on the joke. And when confronted by arguments (read: persuations) why not everyone is in on the joke or how someone could see him being a persuator in a positiv way, he just comes back to, muh russia, muh ethics, muh joke.

I haven't seen much of Sam Harris, but I don't know why people would praise him. Just a guy not knowing stuff talking like he knows stuff, as everyone does. Especially true when he talks about reading Trumps mind, which Scott points out.
>>
File: donald.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
donald.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>134317081

Bro you can't just post on /pol/ and expect this to be a legitimate excuse.

This is the kind of board where people literally sit all day in front of WebSDR in desperate hopes of hearing "SKYKING SKYKING" repeated four times in a row somewhere.
>>
>>134317716
Kek.
>>
>>134317219

> Trump is a con man

> He's not really rich

> He persuaded everyone he's rich and enough people that he should be President

> But Trump is a shitty persuader

tfw being Sam Harris
>>
>>134317418
POO
>>
>when Sam Harris says Trump's been bad because more people are now talking about politics

Honestly he deserved to get shot for that comment, what a fucking retard
>>
>>134314697
Dont fall for this meme like I did. Harris was saying how awful Trump is. And Adams saying that whatever works, works.

There is no real interaction between them, it's utter garbage I want my hour back /pol/
>>
>>134317418
This isnt reddit where we upvote posts. If something is "intelligent" you should figure that out by reading it. And if something can stand on its own then it doesn't need further "takers". If you have something to add, add. If you have something to criticise. criticise. No need to shitposts with praise memes, or smug animes faces.
>>
>>134317935
He should have just come straight out and said "The goyim know"
>>
>>134313553
What the fuck is Harris' problem with Russian and Putin!? I don't remember him every focusing on the country. It's like he suddenly things Russia is on the wrong side of a manichean politcal contest because CNN tells him he should. I'll never understand how anyone who is wise on Islam would be anti-Russian. Jew thought processes I guess.
>>
>>134318123
Kek
>>
>>134317716

this is now a Skyking thread.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901
>>
>>134317350
I don't think I could handle looking at the comments.
>>
>>134317935

this was Sam losing the debate, hard.
>>
>>134317847
I love how Harris and other Trump haters claim Trump is a fucking idiot, yet they were defeated by an idiot.

If you're so smart, why are you a loser? Same question to /r9k/.
>>
>>134318274
Authoritarians hate democracy You can't have democracy without politics. Politics-free governance is authoritarianism.
>>
>>134317350
as much as I hate linking to that website, link?
>>
At least sam has this guy on without any gotcha questions, even if he did get bested.

can you imagine anyone from the right inviting a centrist or leftist on their show and giving them any kind of respect that sam has for his guests?
>>
>>134318329
They would blame it on dumb americans
>>
>>134318329
They think the country is populated by idiots and so Trump in his idiocy was able to connect with those idiots. He's a conventional thinker who considers what he "knows" to be more important that what he doesn't know.
>>
>>134317935
I noticed that too. I think he wanted to follow up with the argument, that people shouldnt talk about politics because that means something is going wrong with the country. As in, if politicians are doing everything right, we wouldnt care and notice. He fails to understand that it's not Trumps fault that politics is going down the drain, he just pointed it out. And that people didnt care before doesn't mean that everything was going alright.
I got intrested in politics because of trump. I laughed at him first, but the more I saw of him, the more I realised that him being an idiot is the most shallow stance I could take. I stopped watching funny edits of him after 1 day and started watching full interviews/speeches. So everytime I see someone call Donald an idiot, I know they are just shallow idiots, because I was once the same.
>>
It was the hardest I've seen Harris trashed since fucking Chomsky.
>>
>>134318296
The entire conversation was Harris getting hit in the face with his own rake.

>"Trump is bad because people are talking about politics more"
>"muh Hitler isn't that bad of an analogy"
>"Yeah, the red-blue team makes a lot of sense, but I don't like Trump"
>>
>>134318575
>That pic
Should have said Brain Force
>>
>>134316197
Sad but true.
>>
>>134318629
>>134318646
But you're still a loser who was defeated in sheep wrangling by an idiot.

If the USA is populated by idiots who can be manipulated easily, why aren't you the best idiot manipulator?
>>
File: 1489077409680.jpg (55KB, 532x634px) Image search: [Google]
1489077409680.jpg
55KB, 532x634px
>>134313553
in same way way we kinda won. Natural ability, and the educational systems ability to foster that ability not always work flawlessly.

You also wont get taught how to shitpost there.
>>
>>134318046
stfu with your posting advice, Hans
>>
>>134318329
This is the good goy mentality that keeps these idiots depressed and easily manipulated. The world is a game with rules. They just aren't the rules that dumb fucks like Harris thinks.

Scott tried to explain the actual rules, but Sam(and the rest of the Left and most of the Right) just refuse to believe that they've been duped their whole lives and their set of well reasoned rational principles is just as arbitrary as the 10 commandments.
>>
>>134318646
>>134318817
Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant Harris is the conventional thinker.
>>
>>134318561
Just google sam Harris triggered reddit
>>
>>134318856
>natural ability
bullshit. I've practiced making memes here for 11 years. 100,000 hour rule, I've been memeing way longer than that, I am a meme expert.

Of course we beat the pants off redditors and industry groups and meme startups.
>>
>>134317182
>talks up his IQ
I've only listened to this one podcast but his IQ can't be over 115
>>
>>134318817
I think my biggest issue is how people could defend Hillary. There was literally zero legitimate way to defend her. This is probably my own bias, but if you deep scanned her hard, you would realize that there were just way too many "coincidences" surrounding her.
>>
>>134318046
4chan is the biggest hivemind of the known Internet. This place may as well be the origin of 'beating the dead horse'.
>>
>>134318949
That's what was so confusing reading the comments and listening to the conversation; they always tied persuasion to some sort of ethical pre-text
>>
>>134318561
https://www.reddit.com/r/samharris/comments/6o6v2s/87_triggered/

sort by controversial avoid the full circlejerk load to the face
>>
>>134313553
education =/= intelligence

Scott is simply intellectually superior.
>>
File: 8z1JpPf.jpg (58KB, 600x785px) Image search: [Google]
8z1JpPf.jpg
58KB, 600x785px
Sam demolished Scott.

>Scott: Autismo persuasions
Sam: You're amoral, unethical and covering for a con man.
Scott: All politicians are bad
Sam: No, you're a child.
Scott: You're cognitive dissonance
Sam: Nope
Scott: Trump is sacrificing his life for the country and his children
Sam: You've been conned.
>>
Education =/= Intelligence
>>
>>134316740
You should hear the podcast where he literally spends 90 minutes with Andrew Sullivan shitting on the Clintons.
>>
File: 1487229792512.png (232KB, 498x466px) Image search: [Google]
1487229792512.png
232KB, 498x466px
>>134317945
If you think this one is was bad be glad if you missed the podcast when he invited Peterson on. Harris proves himself to be a douche and I lose more respect for him with each of these podcast fuck ups.
>>
>>134319132
I don't agree with you, but whatever.
What are you doing here if you think that way?
>>
>>134319132
Why do redditors come here and project? I know it has always happened to an extent but has anyone else noticed it much more lately?
>>
>>134319108
When the Clintons talk about the vast right-wing conspiracy liberals believed them.

Part of it is that they actually believe Republicans are evil, partially because neocons are evil and partially because Republicans are PR morons who let the Democrats label them with everything and let the labels stick.

>Republicans want to take food from the mouths of starving children (muh welfare)
>Republicans want to kill your sick aunt (muh healthcare)
>Republicans are racist fucks KKK hitlers (muh minority votes)
Democrats have been excellent for decades at strawmanning Republican positions and the (R)s have nothing to say back but apologize for crimes they didn't commit. Worse than that the (R) strategy for years has been to abandon every ethic, moral and their voting base to court democrat spic voters who will always vote Democrat because they want free gibs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>134319310
Not one of those is an argument. Harris lost decisively and one-sidedly. Calling people names and sniveling about cons when none exist is not argumentation.
>>
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE RUSSIAN HACKING OF ARE ELECTION
>>
What the fuck does Harris mean by "ethics"
>>
>>134319514
At this point, one of the things I like about Trump is that he rarely apologizes. When dealing with the left, you can't apologize. That is a sign of weakness. Hell, I used to think that Japan should apologize to China, but when I look at it now, Japan should absolutely never apologize. Apologies are weakness.
>>
>>134313553
my favorite part of this whole episode was when adams said "yea russia tried to interfere in our election but we do that all the time, it's what everybody always does" and sam harris' only counter was "yea but we're the GOOD GUYS"
>>
>>134313553
Because Harris is a jew who argues in bad faith. He regurgitates fake news CNN talking points and then argues that Trump is dangerous because he doesn't like his tone.

Listened to the talk yesterday. Adams absolutely rekt his shit, and then proceeded to continue wrecking Harris' shit and the shit of all his followers on Twitter. Scott's bantz on twitter are like those of a trained aussie /pol/ack shitposter. It's glorious.
>>
File: columbine.jpg (33KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
columbine.jpg
33KB, 500x512px
>>134319132
Poo, you are so incredibly wrong.

The "hivemind" you believe you see is the regurgitation of the very best memes because shitty memes die out. Natural Selection of memes is why our memes are the strongest.

I bet you don't even know the context of my image, even with filename.
>>
Molymeme vs Adams
Who wins?
>>
>>134315392
>holy fuck
>return, return
>just look at all the sad children in this thread
Why did you have to space like that? It could be made into one sentence by using a comma.
>>
File: pseudo experts.png (590KB, 687x493px) Image search: [Google]
pseudo experts.png
590KB, 687x493px
>>134313553
>>
>>134319752
That and the "HOW DARE YOU EVER QUESTION THE CREDIBILITY OF MUH ANONYMOUS SOURCES".

It still blows me away that people try to argue that this "muh collusion" shit is real, when there is literally ZERO EVIDENCE of anything. Of course, Harris most likely knows this is all bullshit, and is only arguing in bad faith.

Overall, I'm quite disappointed. I thought maybe I'd hear some food for thought and arguments against Trump that aren't just fake news hysteric bullshit, but no. The leftists and skeptic faggots love propping up Harris as some awesome "thought leader" but he just comes off as so fucking dumb here.
>>
>>134319132

not really though.
>>
>>134317182
he should get Taleb on there. a very different, but IMO stronger defense of trump
>>
>>134319752

this.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170720-121234.png (265KB, 1440x2091px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170720-121234.png
265KB, 1440x2091px
>>134319214
>Rhetoric
This was Harris's whole schtick.
>>
>>134319087
I dont mean to disrespect that even, but its just that no university will give you the mean to teach yourself this. And the natural ability also comes forth from your talents, the long hours needed to learn this crap (I am near 10 years as well though I keep to other things usually)

There are many things in life to which we may lean to, to which we may search, and real life has no provided us with that at all. Many of us grew towards this place as some form of philosophical fulfillment. Even against the desire to make money or start a family, often.

Though even here our skills may be unique, and quite diverse. I am not able to quantify them that easily. Are we good at HR because we can naturally fix our community through memeing and logics when we get jew shills DC? Are we good at spotting patterns of jew shilling? Are we good at PR and subversion of consensus?

There are so many things here that we forced ourselves to be good at just because we want to kill the jew, nigger and mudslime.
>>
>>134313553
Keep in mind, Scott has an MBA from Berkeley (from before that school became a national joke), it's not like he's uneducated
>>
>>134316319
I tried that with this girl I was talking to from work and it got into the fact that one time she stayed at a friends small apartment in the bahamas and complained that it was a terrible time and she can't have fun on vacation unless she is in a luxury hotel. She has no money and has only had those experiences on her dad's dime of course. I couldn't help but sperg out and call her an elitist cunt so she won't talk to me anymore but it's cool bc the entire office hates her anyway.

Normies really are insufferable
>>
>>134320100
Harris hates Taleb with a burning passion
>>
>>134319088
Nah, Sam is in top level pseudo intellectual territory. Probably 125.
>>
>>134319214
Thank you for the cancer, I hope it is terminal. I hate to admit that I created an account when I was deployed in Iraq because this website was unreachable, sort controversial is literally the only way to survive.

And the majority of the comments are the epitome of "I lost to an idiot and refuse to understand why I was defeated."
>>
>>134316731
Hey you again with the spacing, why? Is it to make your post look more prominent so people will read it?
>>
>>134314124
>being this retarded
>>
File: hitler on jews.png (475KB, 1280x521px) Image search: [Google]
hitler on jews.png
475KB, 1280x521px
>>134320153
It doesn't even make sense. Dilbertman's whole argument is that these surface-level things that Trump does that liberals think are stupid/insane/"unhinged"/etc are actually useful persuasion techniques. Scott's WHOLE POINT is that actual policies and ideas don't really matter here. And he's right, because Harris's only real complaints are "I don't like the president's attitude!".
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-20_12-17-02.png (49KB, 607x333px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-20_12-17-02.png
49KB, 607x333px
>>134320100
>>
I have absolutely no stake in this, but man if anyone thinks that Harris won they are fucking retarded. That subreddit of his is an embarrassment .
>>
>>134319590
He's essentially a pseud version of a utilitarian--which is to say an utter brainlet. His arguments hold no philosophic weight whatsoever, there's a reason nobody takes ethical hedonism seriously. It's called the Hedonic Treadmill.
>>
>>134320279
Stop this forced meme.
>>
>>134319718
What's the point of apologizing? It doesn't change anything. All it does is sabotage your future bargaining positions.

Democrats don't apologize. Hillary didn't apologize for Benghazi, she literally said, "At this point, what difference does it make?"
>>
>>134313553

He gets a little up his own ass from time to time. Also that cartoonist seems to be the type to educate himself and has the career to allow himself the free time to pull it off.
>>
It's kind of incredible how everything Harris claims about to know Trump's personality fits so much more strongly to Bill Clinton. It's really not the substance of anything the man has done that bothers Sam this much, it's entirely about presentation.
>>
>>134316731
so new he hasn't figured out how to switch his flag for a commie one
>>
>>134313961
Just face it. Sam Harris is a MASSIVELY overrated pseudo intellectual academic.
>>
>>134319366
I take your word for it, but I'll pass. If I want to hear an "intellectual" parrot the mainstream I'll watch Bill Maher's panel discussion.
>>
>>134319181
They are trapped in a modernist framework where there is simple right and wrong, good and bad, and the political spectrum is a simple scale from left to right.
A perfect example is how he kept inviting Trump critics on the show "from the right" who are actually just subversive neo-liberal Jews that align with Hillary Clinton in almost every single meaningful political position.
>>
>>134320449
I like Taleb but he's an organisational management specialist, might not want to throw rocks
>>
>>134318575
Tucker brings on leftist caricatures but if someone has reasonable points he will let them speak or concede that they have put forth a rational thought. It isn't like Sam was doing much of that, though, and he should have been blasted more.
>>
>>134319752
I guess the recorded the episode before the Politico article where it was factually revealed that the Ukraine Government spread lies about Paul Manafort receiving money from the Russian Government. Paul Manafort was fired over those false allegations, it literally had an effect during the campaign and none of it was true.
>>
>>134320653
>he's an organisational management specialist
wut
>>
>>134319590
The same jew who's a hardcore evangelist atheist who spergs out when anyone mentions being even slightly religious also tries to use "muh ethics" to argue against Trump's policies. Hmm, really makes me think.

My blood was boiling when Adams got Harris to admit that the Paris Agreement was a useless and bad deal, and then Harris tried saying that America should still be a part of it anyway just to make us look good. What a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>134320449

>iamverysmart: the man
>responds to his own tweet

The "intellectuals" of this era are fuckwits.
>>
File: Taleb Rippetoe.jpg (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Taleb Rippetoe.jpg
119KB, 1024x768px
>>134320449
I wish I knew how it would feel to be as based as Taleb
>>
>>134313961
That's a metaphor, not an analogy.
>>
>>134314627
Good think Spencer doesn't tout himself as a scientist and is instead just an organizer and propagandist, and there's literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: IMG_0700.jpg (58KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0700.jpg
58KB, 600x706px
>>134319310
>amoral
>>
File: 1498951121394.png (602KB, 793x794px) Image search: [Google]
1498951121394.png
602KB, 793x794px
I've never heard of Sam Harris before this podcast and now I've learned one thing.

Sam Harris must be physically removed. Into the ocean. From a high altitude.
>>
>>134320525
Exactly. You can renegotiate or set things on better terms, but never apologize. Like all these bleeding hearts like Sam Harris who thinks Trump should apologize completely miss the point on why you should never apologize.
>>
File: kristina basham.jpg (203KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kristina basham.jpg
203KB, 1200x1200px
>>134313553
Pic related is Adams' gf.

He's tapping into the fountain of youth every night.
>>
>>134320576
I wouldn't mind Harris if he didn't go to great lengths to show his audience how smart he is. Dude is unbearably smug.
>>
>>134320632
>A perfect example is how he kept inviting Trump critics on the show "from the right" who are actually just subversive neo-liberal Jews that align with Hillary Clinton in almost every single meaningful political position.

Kek, I totally forgot about that. As if this is just a fucking team sport and it's red team vs blue team.
>"IDK why people say I'm an echo chamber! I brought on Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer and all my other (((neoconservative))) chosenites!"

Harris also admits that IQ is largely genetically heritable, but then tries to argue that it's "unethical" to deport illegal aliens and prevent low-IQ shitskins from entering the nation.
>>
>>134320153
>you could apply these same mental gymnastics if trump pulled down his pants in the rose garden

How do you refute this?
>>
>>134319752
What was even worse was when he spouted the meme about ALL 17 AGENCIES AGREE THAT IT WAS RUSSIA, when in reality that was literally MSM lies created to discredit Trump which they quietly retracted and have now replaced with the more vague and highly disingenuous "intelligence agencies believe," when it was only 4 out of the fucking 17 of which they only proffered opinions no final verdicts.
>>
>>134317333
And yet I would let them rub their vagina on my face while calling me names
>>
>>134320704
Fuck, the energy argument was annoying too. Harris did nothing but suck Elon Musk's cock and advocate Obama era energy policies of hindering fossil fuel development and shoveling govt money into green energy scam startups.
>>
>>134315392
>REDDIT
>SPACING
>>
>>134319820
That would be a pretty entertaining narcissist black hole
>>
>>134320516
Hi there, welcome to /pol/, you're here forever now. I don't mind when someone is writing a long form comment and feels the need to separate into paragraphs, but I honestly do wonder what goes into someone's mind who breaks a small thought that could be written in a short sentence into multiple lines.
>>
>>134319820
they already did it, Molymeme loved Adams and accepted everything he said, even though in the next episode molymeme went back to pretending people are logical.
>>
File: trump ball.jpg (217KB, 640x891px) Image search: [Google]
trump ball.jpg
217KB, 640x891px
>>134321057
With evidence. Scott has been saying from the very beginning that Trump's actions aren't random insane bullshit, and that it's all part of a technique to persuade people. Trump ended up winning despite being a dark horse candidate with zero financial support from anyone else who fought against both the republican and democratic parties and the entire media apparatus AND STILL WON.

HE. FUCKING. WON. And people still want to cover their eyes and act like he's incompetent, or that he's just the most insanely lucky man to ever walk the earth. The evidence that he's using persuasion is that he won the presidency against all odds.
>>
>>134320704
If you take away the anti-Islam advocacy, Harris is no better than the average Bill Maher panelist. He's uninformed, predictable, and canned. It's like he's satisfied being the Sam Harris Fan Club president, and a gadfly to people actually doing scholarly work, rather than offering in depth contributions himself. As others have pointed out, his contribution to his area of expertise are basically non-existent, and he's not even an interesting historical commentator, political analyst, or philosopher.

Take away the anti-Islam stuff, and Harris has no reason to be a public figure.
>>
>>134318141
He takes everything that Gary Kasparov says at face value. And for Kasparov Putin is literally Stalin, Hitler and Mao in one. Kasparov also is a member of a Bilderberg Group so...
>>
>>134321057
>The "intellectuals" of this era are fuckwits.
Firstly analogies aren't arguments, secondly I wouldn't give a flying fuck if he did that as long as we got real and tangible results. Obongo was the epitome of being cool calm and collected, and just made everything shit.
>>
>>134313553
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Adams
>In 1968, he was rejected for an arts school and decided to pursue a career in law. Adams graduated valedictorian at Windham-Ashland-Jewett Central School in 1975, with a class size of 39. He remained in the area and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Hartwick College in 1979.[8] In his senior year, a vehicle breakdown almost forced him to spend a night in the snow, causing him to vow never to see a snowflake again. He took a one-way trip to California a few months after his graduation.

>Over the years, his positions included management trainee, computer programmer, budget analyst, commercial lender, product manager, and supervisor.[7] He earned an MBA in economics and management from the University of California, Berkeley in 1986.

The guy's educated. His wiki is somewhat impressive too. Also he has worked for a living and has actually seen the real world compared to most philosophers.
>>
>>134321298
Yeah, I guess they don't diametrically disagree on any greater topic. Where was this posted? On Moly's channel?
>>
File: persuasion.jpg (279KB, 800x1664px) Image search: [Google]
persuasion.jpg
279KB, 800x1664px
>>
File: persuasion2.jpg (204KB, 1110x694px) Image search: [Google]
persuasion2.jpg
204KB, 1110x694px
>>
>>134320762
Hide yo milk
>>
>>134321362
Harris and Kaparov/Weinstein are both Jews. That's all you need to know to understand their position.
>>
>>134313553
Because Adams was using badic logic and reasoning, while Harris was just projecting his high school bully onto Trump.
>>
File: 1467090582679.jpg (274KB, 709x516px) Image search: [Google]
1467090582679.jpg
274KB, 709x516px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9EkCZLUQMQ

Adams discussing the aftermath of the podcast on periscope. Hilarious.
>>
>>134321361
Thanks to anti-Islam stuff there's a real divide on the left. It very important to have people like him, transferring leftists to moderates and eventually to the right.
>>
>>134319514
Well you can easily point to things like Benghazi to support the Vast right wing conspiracy argument.

In many ways the Russia narrative is taken from the Republican playbook on Benghazi. Clinton fucked up, got some people killed, but not in an illegal way. Shit happens, and this was just bad judgement.
The republicans the turned it into a political shitshow, dragged it out as long as humanly possible and exhausted the public over continued circlejerking over pointless "investigations" into why Clinton tried to make excuses for her bad judgment as if the idea of a politician making excuses was some new unheard of level of deception and dishonesty.

It pretty much mirrors exactly what the Dems are doing with "muh Russia". Drag shit out as long as possible. Open a ton of investigations and hearings. Keep it in the news cycle as long as humanly possible.
In the long run, it will turn out(like Benghazi) that there's nothing there that can be considered criminal but the political circus will drag out until at least the midterms if the Dems can help it.
>>
File: rippetoe gomad.jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
rippetoe gomad.jpg
114KB, 720x960px
>>134320762
>GET IN, PUSSY. WE'RE MAKING MILK UNPASTEURIZED AGAIN
>>
>>134320565
It just shows a lack of introspection and intellectual dishonesty. It is the classic hubris of underestimating your opponent, even when you're defeated.

It is like getting in a fistfight and getting knocked out, then talking shit about how you could totally beat them up. It is like they want to lose again.
>>
Because the cartoonist was right and it doesn't really matter if you have twelve faggot degrees if you're wrong, the best you can hope for is to lose with dignity.
>>
>>134321350
>HE. FUCKING. WON.
Um, no sweetie
>>
>>134313553
Academia is basically worthless.
>>
>>134314627
Not comparable.
>>
>>134321629
The thing with Benghazi is that there was tons of shit that is questionable. The issue is that I'm pretty sure that Gowdy and the bunch are controlled opposition. There's a reason why no Senator gets arrested for anything. They're all a bunch of snakes.
>>
>>134321735
5 million illegal votes were cast
he won the popular election as well nigger
>>
>>134314982
>if things were good we would not be talking about politics
LOL is this guy seriously considered a philosopher in America? What the fuck
>>
File: Screenshot (781).png (66KB, 950x617px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (781).png
66KB, 950x617px
Holy shit
>>
>>134321629
>but not in an illegal way.
The destruction of her emails was the crime. She destroyed federal property to get rid of incriminating evidence. A LITERAL CRIME.
>>
>>134321361
Even the anti-islam stuff is basically just a thin veneer. He's one of those types who argues that islam is bad, but that not allowing hordes of muslims into our countries is ALSO bad. Which fucking is it? They'll use arguments like "I don't hate muslims! I hate islam" as if you can separate the people from their belief.

Sam Harris is the worst type of kike. Pseudo-intellectual garbage that amasses huge followings of redditfags who circlejerk and think they're so smart for following whatever dear leader tells them. For an atheist, he sure acts like a fucking cult leader.
>>
>>134321842
Not seriously, no.
>>
>>134320316
>you being this retarded
It's a metophor
>>
>>134321735
Congrats, Hillary won the contest no one was playing.
>>
>>134319820
RARE
>>
File: IMG_1459.jpg (531KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.jpg
531KB, 1200x800px
Harrris TLDR

Trump is a conman I can tell.

Clinton is not a conman because the campaign said so.
>>
File: 1500549753387.png (531KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500549753387.png
531KB, 720x540px
>>134313553
>>134293070
I've never listened to Sam before this interview. Sam came across as a child that Adams was training. Sam almost purely dealt in impressions and innuendo. Philosophically lazy at best, but honestly he sounded like a butthurt Dem voter.

Jesus, Adams even taught him why Godwin's law is logical.... schooled him on what an analogy is.

It was a slaughter.
>>
File: 1487979395115.jpg (61KB, 944x670px) Image search: [Google]
1487979395115.jpg
61KB, 944x670px
>>134315392
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.jpg (23KB, 260x374px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.jpg
23KB, 260x374px
>>134320832
>Stirner
Kantbot'd
>>
>>134320176
>MBA
Sorry, but these are especially worthless
>>
>>134320997
sauce!?
>>
>>134320704
>My blood was boiling when Adams got Harris to admit that the Paris Agreement was a useless and bad deal, and then Harris tried saying that America should still be a part of it anyway just to make us look good. What a bunch of bullshit.
I've gotten the same response from normies on the internet too. They value virtue signalling even if it does the exact opposite of the virtue they are trying to signal.

I suppose it is a persuasion thing because the facts literally don't matter, only appearances and they get angry when you point out the facade. I don't know how to defeat this thinking yet, perhaps through emotional shaming.
>>
>>134320680
That's literally what he is. That's like literally the name of his doctorate. He has a bit of a background in math but he isn't actually a statistician or anything. Him calling Nate Silver an impostor is quite a stretch.

Silver just happened to be spectacularly wrong at least twice in the last year. Once he almost figured it out. Fucking up inside your own profession doesn't make a person an impostor. Honestly, trying to explain to anyone why Trump actually won and why the polls were "wrong" (they weren't actually wrong*) is next to impossible.

>*If blacks had come out to vote the preferences they expressed in polling, Trump would've lost Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, pure and simple. I voted Trump, I'll vote Trump again, but this is a fact.
>>
>>134321482
>he was rejected for an arts school
happens to the best of them
>>
File: guy fierri laugh.jpg (99KB, 540x523px) Image search: [Google]
guy fierri laugh.jpg
99KB, 540x523px
>>134322045
It was hilarious how Harris tried to argue that Godwin's Law is stupid and that Hitler Analogies should be a legitimate form of argumentation.

Typical kike, thinking he can use MUH GNATZEES MUH HOLOHOAX as an argument, so self-unaware that nobody else takes that shit seriously.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaass.jpg (153KB, 922x720px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaass.jpg
153KB, 922x720px
>>134322175
;^)
>>
File: 1476995905561.png (2MB, 1973x975px) Image search: [Google]
1476995905561.png
2MB, 1973x975px
>>134314982
The comment section is just hilarious. There are people that seriously put out comments like these ''Scott Adams is stupid or just incredibly intellectually dishonest.''. Is it that hard to recognize genius when you see it? These people must be themselves <100 IQ niggers. I've noticed it's always the retards that are terrible at judging smart people's intelligence.
>>
>>134319214
I hate them.
This gave me cancer.

If plebbit didn't have an upboat system maybe it would be at least salvageable
>>
>>134322128
Emotional shaming/bullying is the only way to fix them. That's how they adopted those viewpoints so they aren't going to reason their way out of it now. You just have to bullycide them.
>>
>>134319590
His own personally defined system that is objectively true.
>>
>>134321499
Yes, just search and you'll find it. It was several months ago.
>>
>>134322128
Surface-level stuff aside, that's what's most interesting-yet-pathetic about all this.

Dilberman's whole point is that people operate on emotions and not pure logic.
Harris tries to argue against this... by using illogical emotional arguments.
He literally proves Adams' point while trying to trying to argue against it.
>>
>>134321930
I keep reading quotes of him talking about dude weed lmao and abortion like he's some kind of authority of thought
>>
>>134322376
I thought it was almost a year ago? Before the election?
>>
Can we get Scott to debate Destiny?
>>
>>134321629
People actually died at Benghazi, something actually happened to warrant investigations and outrage

This Russia stuff on the other hand is absolute bullshit
>>
>>134322329
Nah, the problem with reddit is three-fold
1) identities mean people are "afraid" to make true arguments because they have egos and don't want to say anything that will make them look bad
2) le upboats leads to pure echo chamber
3) outright censorship by the mods/admins

You'd basically need to get rid of all three of these things in order to make the platform decent... and if you did that, it'd basically be an imageboard anyway.
>>
>>134322100
The slut or the information?

Slut:
https://www.instagram.com/kristinabasham/

Info:
https://twitter.com/kristina_basham/status/784087963546320896
>>
>>134322169
Did you mean to say "risk management"?
>>
>>134319214
Donte ever link that place again, browsig those comments gave me brain cancer
>>
>>134313553
It's almost like university status doesn't mean anything or something....

In all seriousness though I respect Sam for posting this. He got a smackdown and was man enough to show the world. Harris might be a kike and cucked on a lot of topics, but he is at least willing to own up to him being wrong.
>>
>>134313553
I had no idea he was still kicking this much ass. Hadn't heard shit about him since the election.
>>
>>134319087
This.

So much this. When you've been as mentally unlocked as long as we have. Only people with fuck you money like Trump or Adams make sense. They are free in all the ways msm and normies are not. They live by their own desires.
>>
>>134317333
Holy shit, until your comment I didn't even know they had faces.
>>
>>134321629
Benghazi was a underestimation of the danger by the State Department, not necessarily Hillary's fault.

Hillary is responsible for refusing military help, not illegal nor do I claim she made the wrong decision. I feel she made the wrong decision but I don't know.

The real problem is that they purposefully misrepresented a deliberate attack as random violence by a mob who were angry at youtube. Also the part where she was illegally receiving classified updates about the situation through her insecure email server.
>>
>>134320632
You're just wrong though. There is right and wrong and things aren't arbitrary. If some path of behavior leads to the collapse of society then it is wrong. Things aren't arbitrary.

Just because Scott doesn't use morality in his framework for how he views things, it doesn't mean that morality doesn't exist and can be dispensed with. It can't. If everyone behaved like Scott looks at the world the world wouldn't function as it does now.

If you truly think that then you're just a postmodernist nihilist retard who's actually just a small step above the retardation of Harris.
>>
>>134322540
Benghazi was also part of a decades long policy of corruption and funding/arming terrorists. It wasn't just one incident, the GOP just didn't want to dig too deep because people like McCain were in on the overall policy.
>>
>>134317081
you're wasting your time on 4chan, fag
>>
>>134320565
It's pure bigotry. Harris can't stand Trump because like most left-wing pseudo-intellectuals he deeply hates real Americans. Trump's speech patterns and mannerisms express American cultural norms. Trump even spent the better part of the past 40 years making himself a part of "Americana" as a pop culture icon. Harris just can't deal with the fact that someone who strongly reminds him of all the little people he despises is now in the Oval office.
>>
>>134322425
Sure, but you're sampling Reddit atheists and people who look up to Joe Rogan. In any group of somewhat serious academic philosophers, Harris is typically regarded as little more than a joke. I'm not one btw, but this is my observation.
>>
Listened to the whole thing and heard nothing worth talking about.
>>
File: internet_aristocrat.jpg (25KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
internet_aristocrat.jpg
25KB, 441x441px
>>134322491
Oh sweet jesus. Listening to destiny debates are the only thing more annoying than listening to a guy like Sam Harris.
>YO ARE YOU SERIOUS DAWG
>DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT DAWG
>I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D EVEN THINK THAT DAWG
>WOW DAWG, ARE YOU FOR REAL
>HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT, DAWG
>I DON'T BELIEVE THAT, DAWG

Only one I was able to stomach for more than 5 minutes was when Destiny debated based Jim, who just spun him in circles and watched as he flipped his shit and made retarded arguments such as "we need to militarily invade and annex mexico and make them all US citizens to stop illegal immigration to America". Holy fucking shit, this dude is nuts.
>>
>>134318329
I think people like Sam's problem is that they are too smart to be fooled by Trumps 'persuasion tactics', or his conning as they would term it, but they aren't quite smart enough to realize that Trump was never targeting intellectuals to begin with, and that he crafted his entire persona and platform to appeal to the right people to get him elected.

"hurr durr but he never 'fooled' me, therefore his plan was stupid even if it got him elected, he's just a big dummie"

Nothing but cognitive dissonance as Scott pointed out. You think claim that Trump never persuaded you, but you can't claim that he is bad at persuasion.
>>
File: dt131128.gif (125KB, 900x280px) Image search: [Google]
dt131128.gif
125KB, 900x280px
>>134322175
>>
What sam really missed the boat on here is scotts moral relativism

Scott basically believes that the ends justify the means in most cases. This is a moral position.
>>
>>134313553
He doesn't.
>>
>>134317350
This is a great breakdown of the Podcast. Sam really should rethink his whole stance on Trump.
>>
>>134321849
Wow
>>
>>134317333
>looking at their faces
>>
>>134319490
This place is a collective consciousness made up of many points of views, opinions, and arguments fully bereft of ego (except for the tripfags) and they do not understand how this is possible because in their lives they are fully ego driven creatures needing constant validation from others. They also do not, or for the reason mentioned cannot, understand the fundamental truth of debate: that the purpose isn't to change the mind of the person you are debating but to create the thoughts of those witnessing the debate. This place isn't powerful because of the impact posters have on other posters. It's powerful because of the impact it has on the lurkers.
>>
>clearly not in the interests of the US to deal with Russia

How so, sam?
>>
>>134313553
Because education does not equate to intelligence
>>
>>134320675
>meme flag
>expecting anyone to take you seriously
>>
>>134322364
>emotional social shaming is they way to win
I think it is right, the problem is you have to establish yourself as a social authority in order to make the normie sheep sing your tune.

In the end it is just herding sheeple to do what you want and has no logic or moral basis. Being right or wrong has no importance.
>>
>>134320565
It's the same reason I hate the "skeptic community". They spend their time fighting "SJWs", but fundamentally support all the things SJWs do. Feminism, racial egalitarianism, destruction of traditionalism and morality, and all the other post-modern cultmarx bullshit are all A-OKAY just so long as you don't scream "KILL WHITEY" while doing it. It's purely just a matter of tone policing. The lowest form of argumentation.

As for Harris on Trump, I don't give a single fuck about his personality. I mean, I like Trump's personality and the way he doesn't give a shit and constantly trolls leftists, but even if he DIDN'T do that stuff, I'd support him anyway so long as he focuses on things like immigration and the other issues I care about. He could run around naked and swinging his dick and shitting on the sidewalk and I wouldn't give a shit so long as he does what I need him to do.
>>
>>134316056

Have you seen Scott's chick?
>>
>>134317935
I loved that part too, but was very let down when Adams didn't point out that Trump ran his campaign on political reform, and rooting out corruption, and thus would be justified in calling all the deep state political arguments and accusations into question.
>>
File: C1Dq3OBXUAI_uYz.jpg (44KB, 709x516px) Image search: [Google]
C1Dq3OBXUAI_uYz.jpg
44KB, 709x516px
>>134323118
M-m-m-muh DICTATOR
>>
>>134320185
Kek, good on you for shaming that dumb whore and doing your bit to save civilization
>>
>>134322601
Also another fact of the usernames:
Anybody can go through your previous posts and say "OH LOOK YOU SAID THIS ANTI-MUSLIM THING ONE TIME" in a subreddit where anti-Islam isn't popular and then you immediately "lose" the debate.
>>
>>134321620
Good video by Adams.
>>
>>134322943
I don't quite accept that. Harris says ">tfw to intelligent to fall for Drumpf's persuasion" but then regurgitates and 100% fully accepts every piece of bullshit that's come out of the mainstream media.

I think he knows it's all bullshit, but he's a kike, and kike's always do this thing where they argue for something to the death even though they know damn well that it's bullshit.
>>
>>134322984
No, he thinks that Trump doesn't believe what he says, he just does what he needs to win. There's no ethical or moral component to his argument.
Trump outrageous words would only matter if he followed them through. Instead he took far right and brought them to the center. Which something nobody else could achieve.
Weak argument with no relation to Scotts argument.
>>
>>134315543
>a bunch of spooks like ethics
I thought we all agreed here that spooks are too dumb to like ethics.
>>
>>134323369
yeah im getting tired of this he hardly substantiates anything.
>>
>>134322364
>Emotional shaming/bullying is the only way to fix them.
Well... they are r-selected.
>>
>>134318141
Harris has his bias and dissonance as demonstrated by this podcast. He only pretends to be objective when he is called out on it.
>>
>>134320675
Tucker is a great counterweight to the liberal nonsense out there but I still recognize that much of his way of arguing is flawed
>>
>>134313553
Just listened.
As a fedora atheist I've been a fan of Sam for a long time. I respect his opinion very much.
However as a rightwinger I disagreed w/ him vehemently on Trump. And I can't tell you how satisfying it was to hear said to him what I've wanted to say to him and then hear his autistic reaction.
>tfw your intellectual superior gets btfo by your intellect
To answer your question, he lost because he can't see the forest for the trees. If Sam was born outside of Los Angeles I suspect he'd see Trump with a more rational view.
>>
>>134322711
I suspect Sam's lack of moral authority is why he tries to club Scott with morality.

Scott like Jordarn Peterson have transcended morality like a physicist who can derive equations. If you can see cause and effect and understand how and why society works you can judge each moral and virtue as valuable or not valuable. And guess what? They end up with a viewpoint that morals have value.

It is a mortal trying to judge a God.
>>
File: UAEY2tk.png (852KB, 607x609px) Image search: [Google]
UAEY2tk.png
852KB, 607x609px
>>134323442
you just proved my point in a run on sentence with different wording. if you don't think that is a moral position you are retarded.

IS lying to get what you want the right thing to do? that is what they both agree trump is doing, unless you haven't listened to the podcast. That is a moral question you faggot.
>>
>>134318141
Adams should have shut down the argument once Harris leaned on this as an argument, because the premise from the beginning was "its foolish to comment on foreign policy because we're intentionally kept in the dark"
>>
File: 1500261428817.jpg (541KB, 900x889px) Image search: [Google]
1500261428817.jpg
541KB, 900x889px
>>134323432
Is Sam really implying that a good persuader has to persuade everybody?
>>
>>134322974
what did you mean by this
>>
>>134322984
No, you're not getting it at all. Scott's whole point is that he's not arguing on arguing for/against Trump's policies/ideas. He's merely EXPLAINING WHY Trump does/says the things he does.

People have a really hard time grasping this. I can also understand the reasons why marxists do and say the things that they do. I don't need to be in favor of marxists or marxism to do this. Whether Scott is a fan of Trump or not is totally irrelevant.
>>
>>134313810
Sam Harris was perpetually stuck in "oy vey" the whole two hours.
>>
>>134323765
He also argues that more people engaged in politics is a bad thing. Everything that comes out of this kike's mouth is disingenuous, so it's actually hard to figure out what he actually believes/thinks.
>>
>>134323796
sam: trump says things that aren't true
scott: we agree on this. but he eventually tones it down and gets what he wants
sam: but he's still lying and you're not holding him accountable

sam is making a moral argument but can't get him on it because scott refuses to take a position. because if he does take a moral or political position people will shut down and not listen to him. sam is right when he says he's trying to have it both ways.
>>
>>134322943
Funny enough, Scott Adams actually persuaded me to support Trump through is blog in August/September of 2015.

It might not have been Adams's intention, but Scott is literally the reason my posts here about Trump changed from "He's a con-artist trying to sell his new book" to "I don't trust Trump, but I distrust every other candidate more.

Also if Trump had failed to win the nomination, he still would have had his book sales, which is a lucrative consolation prize. Know who else had books for sale in 2015/2016? Almost every republican candidate.
>>
>>134321038
it's "unethical" to deport illegal aliens and prevent low-IQ shitskins from entering the nation.
On any possible consequentialist or utilitarian basis, that could not be more of a non-sequitur. And further, if there's any reliable, non-invasive test for psychopathy, it is unethical not to bar en anyone who tests positive on it.
>>
>>134323703
>Scott like Jordarn Peterson have transcended morality like a physicist who can derive equations.
>Scott like Jordan Peterson
>Jordan Peterson has transcended morality

You really can't compare them and/or say that Peterson has transcended morality. Peterson makes a good and logical, coherent and self-contained argument for morality that Scott doesn't even touch on. If they debated each other they would find many many points of disagreement between them. For instance, Peterson wouldn't let Scott disregard morality as easily as Harris let him, because Scott's behavior is clearly problematic if applied wrongly. At the same time though, he's making it clear to everyone willing to listen that this is the human condition and we're all vulnerable to this and all that, similarly to Peterson. But they both have huge disagreements with each other that I don't think would be easily solved.

Just on the face of it it's clear. Peterson consistently talks about the importance of family and all traditional things to find meaning in life while Scott apparently leads a meaningless life where he has no wife, no children and all he had was his career. I'm sure Scott enjoys his life and all that, and people can live truly meaningful lives without having to go for the traditional path (especially creative people like Scott), but again, they would have many points of disagreement between them.

My point is that Peterson would also try to club Scott with morality because there's a huge argument to be made there against Scott, Harris just couldn't make it because he's not educated enough.
>>
File: Scott Adams nah.png (92KB, 1258x444px) Image search: [Google]
Scott Adams nah.png
92KB, 1258x444px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydgDCbZB-KY

Can someone edit this so it is interspersed with Harris getting BTFO by Dilbertman?
>>
>>134324068
The outcome is literally all that matters, you can keep your moral positions (based on only words, not actions)
>>
File: dt160107.gif (123KB, 900x280px) Image search: [Google]
dt160107.gif
123KB, 900x280px
>>134323772
That comic is from 2013, but I suppose you can assume that Wally is desensitized like many posters on this website.

Pic related is from 2016 and speaks on the topic of persuasion.
>>
>>134324308
fine. you are taking a position scott can't even admit he holds or doesn't. sam should have held his feet to the fire and gotten him to confirm or deny this position
>>
>>134324068
The whole "drumpf is lying" thing isn't really about morality.

To quote Ann Coulter, most of America was taking Trump seriously but not literally, whereas the media/kikes/etc were taking him literally, but not seriously.

Getting upset over obvious hyperbole isn't a question of objective vs relative morality. I don't even know what to call it. People like Harris just willfully refuse to accept when Trump gives hyperbole, he's making generalized statements where the basic gist is true and simple to connect to; not trying to make absolutely 100% scientifically factual theses.
>>
File: 1500077672086.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
1500077672086.webm
3MB, 700x392px
>>134321082
Yes
>>134322672
Its because they are all practically the same girl
>>134323085
They want me to notice something else... Like something other than that huge fucking camera in her hands.

This is probably the worst trend among bitches with plain face syndrome, or anything else that might be wrong with them

>if I buy this expensive camera I'll be more sexy

>if anyone asks I'm a "photographer"

This is a tell tale sign she is a stupid bitch

>would still engulf face in pussy
>>
>>134314971
he's using an analogy to explain that people can watch the same event and see two different things. retard.
>>
>>134317553
>cuck car

I spend 10 minutes a day driving to work and 10 Minutes driving home

Anywhere else I want to go I can easily whenever I want, from Central America to the arctic circle because of my "cuck car"

How long do you spend taking a train to work every day ?

>cucked to have your own mode of rapid transportation
>not cucked to benstuck on a government owned and operated vehicle stuck on a single track

Kill yourself
>>
>>134324068
Harris isn't some Kantian either, he's a utilitarian, so him arguing from that position is disingenuous
>>
>>134321519
>FINISHING MOVE: PERSUASION BURADE!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>134324068
How do you negotiate to sell or buy a car?

Make an offer that the other party won't accept, then you both compromise on a price acceptable to both parties.
>Seller expected to get $5000, but priced at $6000
>buyer expected to pay $4500, but offered $4250
>final price was $4750 and both parties exchanged on acceptable terms
Both the request of $6000 and the offer of $4250 were unreasonable.
>>
>>134313553
1st time I saw Harris get verbally rekt
>>
>>134324496
well it depends on whether or not you consider lying immoral or not.
>>
>>134321057
Scott mostly defends larger Trump actions, not every single tweet and word meaning that he puts Trump on one of two things:

1.Conscious competence where he thinks about what he's doing

2.Unconscious competence to where he has mastered persuasion so much that even when it can't be really quantified as "4D chess," it's just his innate ability shining through

Trump would never do anything like that because it would embarrass him and be a highly embarrassing way of getting media attention off of XYZ fuckup of his.

So at the end of the day, it's not really plausible and it doesn't directly refute Scott's claim of Trump's persuasion abilities whether innate or consciously thought about. Basically Harris is trying to say "you take this persuasion stuff too far sometimes, he's also just a bit of an egotistical jackass," but his Jewry makes him go full Kvetch.
>>
>>134324438
People making deals always ''lie'' at the start of a negotiation.
You'll see it with the Brexit negotiations, shame on them, making grand claims when they will weak them down, shame!
>>
>>134313810
Best analysis I've ever read about politic discourse in current year
>>
>>134324619
>using a poor allegory
>after listening to this podcast
>>
>>134321057
But Trump didn't do that. Arguing about counterfactuals is another approach of the pseudo intellectual.
>>
File: Bantj_7cde68_5389561[1].jpg (37KB, 640x647px) Image search: [Google]
Bantj_7cde68_5389561[1].jpg
37KB, 640x647px
>>134313553
Being "educated" doesn't mean you are smart. It's the person you are inside
Many of these nu-atheists are the most retarded people because they are so educated in science and even in humanities but they never consider what if they were wrong. They just repeat what academia says about the way life is.
>>
>>134319088
>tfw 115 IQ
It's like purgatory because I'm smart enough to know how the world works but too dumb to advance in it.

I am also a high school teacher, proving a certain adage about those who can't do.
>>
>>134324212
>not educated enough
He's TOO educated. He is a technocrat who believes the world is just a problem that can be solved with the right application of expertise, it doesn't occur to people like him to consider traditional bonds and sources of meaning as good or important, because they are preoccupied with materialism, careerism, liberal democracy, etc
>>
>>134323735
He doesn't lie you retard, he exaggerates to get attention and to give himself room to negotiate.
And every single politician is lying, that's the rules of the game, so even if he did, he hasn't done anything Obama or Clinton hasn't done.
>>
>>134319132
But you're wrong because I don't agree with that.
>>
>>134322943
Sam runs into this often, just like he tries to engage religion on a theological level which has very little to do with the common pleb that actually causes ruckus.

He's a bit too autistic for his own good.
>>
>>134324212
I think the point he was trying to make is that Harris tries to act like life is just a series of empiric 100% logical science experiments, whereas people like Adams and Peterson reject this sort of world view. That's not to say these two have the same views themselves; simply that they both reject "MY SCIENTIFIC RATIONAL TRUTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD" sentiment that Harris holds.

>>134324299
Scott's twitter bantz post-debate are arguably more savage than the debate itself.
>>
>>134319310
>emotions are more important than reality
>I feel like trump is a bad man and therefore he is and you should agree

Childlike mind
>>
>>134324845
> simply that they both reject "MY SCIENTIFIC RATIONAL TRUTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD" sentiment that Harris holds.

Yea I agree with that
>>
>>134324779
Trump does lie. this has been proven. All politicians lie. I'm not on sam's side here. but he refuses to call scott on his moral deficiency
>>
File: 1355495477558.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1355495477558.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>134324068
>>134324308
>>134324438
Mortality of words is disingenuous.

Only morality of actions has meaning.

Which is why virtue signalling is hated here.

>>134324299
pic related is Scott every morning.
>>
>>134321298
Molymeme is persuasive as well, just like Sam harris is. They both appeal to the fedora tipping "I am enlightened by my intellect" crowd.
Trump is largely unappealing to the euphorically but that's not the game he's playing.
>>
>>134322616
damn that's a lot of titty pics
>>
>>134324638
It's not lying. We're talking past each other here. If I say I'm going to arrive at 2:00 and I get there at 2:01 instead, is that a lie?
>>
>>134324980
it seems you can make moral claims. unlike scott
>>
>>134323263
They actually help SJWs by training them to be less reasonable and less autistic and more appealing to people and allows them to further "refine" their arguments to be more palatable

In short, losers like Sargon and Thundercuck that take on these low hanging fruit SJW do absolutely nothing for us
>>
File: autism pepe.jpg (14KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
autism pepe.jpg
14KB, 326x326px
>>134324975
Was it autism?
>>
>>134325079
no, because you haven't arrived yet when you said you'd arrive at 2. it's a projection.

saying muslims were dancing on a rooftop after 9/11 is a lie.
>>
>>134324068
at the same time scott is being naive in trying to impose morality while admititng it selects for malignant narcissists

Everyone is aware that they're corrupt, but trump supporters forego his corruption because his direction is enough of what they want. Sam can't see that reflected in the reverse towards the democratic party. I'm an hour in and while it shouldn't be whataboutism, trying to maintain moral superiority in democratic elections means you should never vote period.

>>134324066
kike shit.

he prattles on about muh 17 agencies that was redacted weeks ago.
>>
>>134325189
>by training them to be less reasonable
by training them to be **more** reasonable
>>
>>134314058
Kind of.
But what would you rather talk about e-celebs or shill bait threads ?

Sam git btfo and it was entertaining so it's fine by me.
>>
>>134325123
Do you think Scott would say killing people who have not broken the law is immoral?
Of course he would, he's just not into your crybaby behaviour over someone clearly negotiating his position with the American people.
Get over yourself
>>
>>134324522
But two people watching the same event and interpreting it differently is literally his thesis. It isn't an analogy it is what he's talking about. It is an example.

Here is an analogy:
It would be as if you wanted to explain a speed trap and then pointed to a cop pointing his radar at a dip in the road and then watched the cop pull over a speeder and gave them a ticket.

It isn't an analogy, it is the literal thing.
>>
>>134324975
Citation
>>
>>134314432
Yes but you just summarized 90% of western "scientists" nowadays.
>>
>>134321784
There's questionable shit surrounding Trump and Russia too if you choose to look at specific facts. At the end of the day though it's fucking nothing and neither was Benghazi.
>>
>>134321629
But the state department literally let those people die rather than admit they were up to shady shit in Libya an Syria

They let 4 Americans die to save some political headaches.

The hillary email scandal was a thing (related to bengazi). They deleted emails and obstructed and investigation to continue saving face.

This obfuscating is what motivates hackers to get at John podesta and cause the Wikileaks during the campaign.

Bengahzi is the reason there is even a Russiagate investigation
>>
File: trump fact check bleachbit.jpg (77KB, 1023x731px) Image search: [Google]
trump fact check bleachbit.jpg
77KB, 1023x731px
>>134325224
pic-related is basically you

>HURR DURR THIS THING TRUMP SAID WAS SLIGHTLY INACCURATE BUT THE GENERAL GIST OF IT WAS TRUE. DRUMPF IS A FUCKING AMORAL LIAR AND YOU'RE AMORAL FOR DEFENDING THIS!
Nobody fucking cares. I reject your shit-tier headcannon of what morality is.
>>
>>134314432
>Since getting his PhD, he has conducted no scientific research
Nothing wrong with that. You can get a PhD and work in a private company. Many PhDs do so.
>Since getting his PhD, he has taught no university/college courses in neuroscience.
Same as above.

>He received his PhD through partial funding from his own atheist organization.
Nothing wrong with that

>Since getting his PhD, he has devoted his efforts to his anti-religious think tank and publishing books, such as the one on using drugs and meditation to discover truths about our reality.
Sounds pretty stupid. Don't think that's the entire truth. Probably neurochemical research involved.

>His PhD thesis was about how science can determine what is right and wrong and he turned it into a book for sale.
Nothing wrong with that either. Again, many PhDs do that.

>Since publishing his thesis/book, Harris has yet to use science to resolve a single moral dispute.
How you know that?

>He didn’t do any of the experiments for his own thesis work.
Again, how you know that?
Also not much of a problem since in actual science lots of experiments are collaborative publications and often full institute efforts
No way you are going to be first author on those. Especially if there is more than one supervisor

t.PhDStudent
>>
File: MASTER PERSUASION.jpg (652KB, 1280x3611px) Image search: [Google]
MASTER PERSUASION.jpg
652KB, 1280x3611px
>>134322616
>>134325078
There's nothing that says 5/5 persuasion than getting a girlfriend like this. She's not only good-looking, she does seem to have brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUE_N1AkPhE
>>
>>134322618
Oh, literally nope and not in any way at all. You're still completely wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassim_Nicholas_Taleb#Education
>>
>>134325224
They were dancing after 9/11.
Look it up
>>
>>134325252
>he prattles on about muh 17 agencies that was redacted weeks ago.
Even if NYT didn't retract that a week or two ago, it was known from the VERY BEGINNING that what actually happened was that there was like 1 guy who's in charge of 17 agencies under his purview that said he thinks Russia "hacked the election". So the media ran with this and said 17 agencies came to this conclusion.
>>
>>134324712
>negotiation is about making an offer the other party won't accept and then negotiating to terms acceptable by both parties
>an example of negotiation doesn't explain the features of negotiation
You are dumb as shit, go to a car dealership and pay sticker price like Hank Hill.
>>
>>134321875
Yeah the emails thing was a crime, but Benghazi was a witch hunt.
>>
>>134325362
Jan. 21 “I wasn't a fan of Iraq. I didn't want to go into Iraq.” (He was for an invasion before he was against it.) Jan. 21 “A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine.” (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55 times.) Jan. 23 “Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose the popular vote.” (There's no evidence of illegal voting.) Jan. 25 “Now, the audience was the biggest ever. But this crowd was massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive.” (Official aerial photos show Obama's 2009 inauguration was much more heavily attended.) Jan. 25 “Take a look at the Pew reports (which show voter fraud.)” (The report never mentioned voter fraud.) Jan. 25 “You had millions of people that now aren't insured anymore.” (The real number is less than 1 million, according to the Urban Institute.) Jan. 25 “So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his speech. You can't have that.” (There were no gun homicide victims in Chicago that day.)
>>
>>134325283
Scott BTFO out of Harris, I was making a riff on something Harris said during the conversation
>>
>>134325423
What ethnicity is she? I've seen pictures and she has an anglo surname but looks persian.
>>
>>134325531
you're comparing buying a car to lying about reality
stay mad uneducated scum
>>
>>134325638
You realize how kikey this sort of argument is, right?
>>
>>134322128
Bullying, ridicule, violence if necessary.
>>
>>134325784
buying a car is reality, brainlet.
You're lying about what you think the car is worth, and so is the other party.
>>
>>134325530
yes, i came to the same conclusion

"a spokesperson for the 17 agencies says the actions and motivations are consistent with Russian interference"

>conjecture
>not an official consensus of the 17 agencies
>one of them is the coast guard with no intelligence capacity
>days before the debate that hillary used in a point

It reeked of bullshit to me, but doesn't have the kind of stopping power you'd like to call it as much if trump were to push back on it in the moment. The kind of thing that would become a point of stalemate if anything. There needs to be a word for that kind of thing if you get my meaning.

So when it was redacted it was more like vindication for me.
>>
>>134325727
>>134325727
I think Scott said she is from Turkey
>>
>>134325123
Perhaps you didn't listen to what Scott said. Personally I think he was much too polite to Sam. I would have called Sam a fool for continuing to underestimate his opponents.

Jordan Peterson is also too nice, but Jordan is used to talking to crazy people who might turn violent so he's more likely to be passive on an issue rather than taking a killshot.

Sam Harris is fucking garbage and needs to be utterly destroyed in a way that he will feel pain for a month or longer before he will learn any lessons.
>>
>>134322169
The polls were wrong cause they though blacks would like Hillary "super predators" Clinton for promising gibs.
They confused the Obama turnout for political engagement. It was just racism(the good kind).
>>
>>134325912
your analogy is fucking poor. the worth of a car is opinion. that's why it changes. whether or not the car is bought or sold is reality.
>>
>>134319132
pooooooooo
>>
File: 1404736411407.jpg (86KB, 1280x521px) Image search: [Google]
1404736411407.jpg
86KB, 1280x521px
>>
>>134326171
Then you tell me what the worth of a car should be
Production cost + what?
On the basis of what does the car dealership determine price?
Based on what he can get away with, you fucking idiot, and going by you you buy cars at a high markup
>>
>>134325638
I'll take one of your examples and show why this sort of argument is completely disingenuous:
>Jan. 25 “So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his speech. You can't have that.” (There were no gun homicide victims in Chicago that day.)

The point Trump was making is that there's an average of 2 gunshot homicides in Chicago on an average day:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-two-shot-to-death-in-uptown-marks-first-homicide-of-2017-20170101-story.html

The fact that you think that you can take something as autistically literally as you do and use it to say Trump is "lying" about it just shows that you're either arguing in bad faith, or thick as a brick. You completely miss the point.
>>
>he's not ethical based on my filter and analysis of him!

How can he be so stupid?

How do people actually think like this?
>>
>>134326285
You don't have an argument.
My argument is that trump would say: I bought this car for $1200
When in reality he bought it for $5000
He lies. I don't know what your argument is.
>>
File: nedry dodgson.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nedry dodgson.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>134326482
DRUMPF LIED!
DRUMPF SAID SOMETHING THAT TECHNICALLY ISN'T 100% TRUE!
DRUMPF IS A LIAR OVER HERE!

See? Nobody cares.
>>
File: 1400074206093.jpg (66KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1400074206093.jpg
66KB, 960x960px
>>134326482
>you don't have an argument
How fucking unaware are you?
>>
>>134326482
>gee wow man you're really twisting my balls man, we're hardly making a profit on this car, got away with a really good deal!
>rubs hands jewishly
Same thing
>>
>>134325912
Thank you Mr. Snek, I couldn't have said it better.
>>
>>134322645
This is true. At least he had the balls to post it and he gets bonus points for the actual title.
>>
>his long con turned out to be a non con

and sam admits trump isn't the boogeyman he paints him as.

and doubles down on oy vey.

>>134326276
this
>>
>>134314432
typical kike desu
>>
>>134326605
>a liberal politician lied!
>liberal scum said something that technically isn't 100% true!
>Nigger/Spic/Self hating white is a liar over here!

most pol can't even to cognitive dissonance
>>
>>134326793
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>134323149
As hard as you're trying to fit in it isn't working, schlomo. The confederate flag is to signify an even more specific geographic location and therefore sets itself apart from other meme flags. The fact that you don't innately understand this, even without it being explained to you, is why it's easy to tell you're not only new, but will never fit in here properly. You will forever be LARPing as one of us, very much like the diaspora of your disgusting people.
>>
>>134326482
The important part is that Trump bought a car and the seller sold the car. The terms were amendable by both parties.

You must be underage because literally everyone lies, especially women.
>>
File: jews pilpul.png (67KB, 1220x619px) Image search: [Google]
jews pilpul.png
67KB, 1220x619px
>>134326993
No, he's just using pilpul.
>>
>>134313553
PHD's are experts in their narrow field of expertise and knowledgeable about the broader subject their field belongs in, but beyond that they're no better than laymen. I'm assuming that the argument was about neurosciences.
>>
>>134324776
Are you me?

120 and low in conscientiousness
>>
>>134326993
>everyone does something
>that means it's okay

ok normie. leave me to my autistic moral superiority
>>
>>134322711
I actually fully agree with you. "right v wrong" is determined by time. That's why degeneracy is always wrong.

But the misconception of pseudointellectuals like Sam is that there is a simple good-bad spectrum. So they think by being the opposite of wrong they will be right.

There is only one right but infinitely many wrongs and the way we determine what's right from what's wrong is what survives the Darwinian test of time. The best heuristic then is to look towards the past and towards tradition and see what has worked and lasted throughout the ages and oh look surprise surprise, it's patriarchal norms and rejection of sin/degeneracy.
This is why you see the West decline in direct proportion to the rejection of Patriarchy and the spread of degeneracy.
>>
>>134326986
nice blog post. i'm infinitely more respecting of your meme flag. now please, reddit is the other way
>>
>>134326891
You apparently. It is literally the normie arguing of "Muslims can't be bad because the Crusades happened 800 years ago"

Standard false equivalence which is listed in the image that has been pinned as the #1 thread on /pol/ since moot resurrected /pol/ years ago. In some ways I'm sad that Hiroshima Nagasaki won't delete /pol/ only to create it again a few weeks later. /pol/ harbor will probably happen again.
>>
>>134327223
>when your opponents win they lose
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.