[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did we honestly bounce back from the 08 recession? All that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0775.png (30KB, 1460x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0775.png
30KB, 1460x680px
Did we honestly bounce back from the 08 recession?

All that happened was the Fed overprinted money to bailout the banks and lowered interest rates to record low numbers which is essentially kicking the can down the road.
We already have a gigantic everything bubble that has yet to pop and the economy is still in the gutters when compared to pre-08
>>
no in fact you guys doubled your national debt in that time period and the fact that interest rates are being raised should alarm all of us
>>
we're fucked too, but big picture our boats are tied together so we're with you either way
>>
You can't just pretend billions in unpaid debt just doesn't exist.

>>134277382
Its private and public debt just means the banks control the prosperity in your country with interest rates.

Oh no goyim none of that nationalistic libertarianism, bad, have a 15% interest rate. And then Australia collapses.
>>
>>134277429
Everyone will be fucked
The next recession will drag the world further down the spiral. The central banks are the root cause of this problem but of course they own almost every politician so they're untouchable
>>
It never was fixed, we postponed a debt crisis with more debt created by fiat.

We need the system to crash.
>>
LOL. It's all gonna work out. Where are ya'll from? Everyone is from a different country, I see, lol. Ya'll have any outlandish opinions on the economy, lol. Just being random
>>
>>134277226
>essentially kicking the can down the road.

yes, obviously

ww3 is coming. there was no saving this ship no way no how
>>
>>134277226
We put a really big bandaid on it. The problem that's coming next is that real estate is overvalued (again) and that the market is going to get flooded with assets when boomers sell off everything they own.

>>134277429
Fun fact, Canadian boomers are making out like bandits. Many older Canadians are downsizing to smaller houses and using their profits to buy American real estate in Florida.
>>
>>134278170
Boomers are gonna crash this economy when they all retire and start demanding pensions and social security from a generation that is drowing in debt

Every state is eventually gonna end up like Illinois with its junk status because it can't pay its debts
>>
>>134278651
Social security can be managed because it's government debt. At least in today's world, government debt isn't a huge deal because it's all fiat currency. The sell off of private assets is what's going to be killer. Boomers own large amounts of securities (stocks, bonds, REITs, etc) and real estate. What do you think is going to happen when they start selling off their retirement plans and houses, but there aren't enough buyers?
>>
>>134278170
Boomers will sell their property back to the banks through reverse mortgages for pennies on the dollar, because their pensions and other social programs will fall through. An extremely high inheritance tax will be ramrodded through around the same time, to capture the few that escape this trap.

Basically the banks will end up owning everything, with a thin veneer of legitimacy.

WWIII will probably kick off a few years after.
>>
File: image.png (1KB, 214x198px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1KB, 214x198px
>>134277226

dont worry go- guy. just keep taking out those loans and buying things you dont need and have to be replaced in a few months
>>
>>134278170
ayy too true i'll be a rich man once my g-folks kick off
>>
>>134279135
I can't fucking wait to see the look on those dumb fucking boomer's faces when they realize how fucked they (and we) are. Oh, it will be such a bittersweet moment.
>>
>underlying economic indicators have remained stagnant, or at best, VERY slow-growing
>stock market is through the fucking roof

These are textbook signs of an oncoming crash.

Hold on to your butts.
>>
>>134279887
>Be me
>millenial about to enter university for a compsci degree

What the fuck does this mean for me then?
>>
>>134280007
get really good at convincing people you can make them money using RNNs and Markov chains

never forget that building the software is only 10% of the work, the rest is convincing assholes to pay for it

good luck, and read your contracts
>>
>>134280007
Don't worry man, me and a whole bunch of other people are in the same spot.

The crisis will probably necessitate universal student loan forgiveness, so at least we have that to look forward to. Of course, post-primacy is also almost here, so a global financial crisis is literally gonna trigger WW3.

Basically, just keep on keeping on.
>>
File: assets.jpg (136KB, 893x540px) Image search: [Google]
assets.jpg
136KB, 893x540px
>>
File: buyer.jpg (71KB, 622x359px) Image search: [Google]
buyer.jpg
71KB, 622x359px
>>
>>134277226
The US didnt fully recover and the interior is pretty much being abandoned. America is going to have a lot of problems with it's large rural population because the trajectory for society is concentration in cities.
>>
File: ponzi.jpg (206KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
ponzi.jpg
206KB, 1067x600px
>>
>>134280007
>comp sci degree
You are fucked six ways to Sunday. Even without a crash.

Get an internship and learn everything you can. Job experience is much more helpful than a degree in this field.
>>
File: owners.jpg (224KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
owners.jpg
224KB, 1024x681px
>>
>>134277226
>overpopulation
>changing climate
>antiobiotic resistance
>poor state and global economies
Man we are going to see some shit you guys. This is gearing up to be the 20th century on steroids.
>>
>>134280327
The Federal Reserve is fucking useless.

They only try to prevent crises *after* they've already happened. It's like a fire department that only arrives once your house is complete black ash.
>>
File: proof.jpg (128KB, 808x479px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
128KB, 808x479px
>>
>>134280618
>he actually thinks comp sci is a bad degree

You people need to get some fucking perspective. Do you know how abysmal the law school situation is right now?
>>
>>134277226
>Our VAT is 17.5%
>Because of the recession they want to encourage people to spend
>Discuss lowering the VAT to 15%
>But this will only be for one year and the following year the VAT will be 20% to make up for the previous year
>Before dropping back to the original 17.5% the following year
>"FUCK MAN! I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO SPEND! I'M GOING TO SAVE SO MUCH!"
>"I guarantee you barely notice the difference and next year you'll complain everything is expensive as fuck because it's suddenly went up 5%"
>"NAH MAN LEARN ECONOMICS BROOO! WOOOOOO!"
>So it gets lowered to 15%
>It doesn't really encourage anyone to spend except a few goys
>Next year it is up to 20%
>Everyone complains that everything is suddenly much more expenive
>That "20% VAT for a year" thing is now 6 years later and remains at 20%

Never trust a goy, man.
>>
>>134280709
>They only try to prevent crises *after* they've already caused the crises by inflating gigantic financial bubbles in the first place.
>>
>>134280837
Agreed. Comp Sci is probably the most employable degree you can come out of school with.
Don't even bother with law school if it isn't a top 20 school.
>>
>>134280655
u complain' 'bout private ownership of the general interest? u mus be a commie! Don' tread on me!!!
>sucks corporate dick
>>
>>134280912
They don't cause the bubbles, they just keep the popping of the bubbles from collapsing the world economy.
>>
>>134277226
>Did we honestly bounce back from the 08 recession?
No.The Fed printed over $16trillion to bail out investors and kick the can down the road
>>
>>134280465
That's fucking retarded. Pirate flag posts are always cancer

>>134280559
It's more than just a rural/urban issue. There's a north/south dynamic because industries are generally moving to Dixie because of the lower cost of business. In urban areas there's the issue with what type of urban housing has accrued in value. White urban neighborhoods and inner ring suburbs are hot, but exurbs and black/hispanic neighborhoods and suburbs are not.

The dirty truth about American real estate is that most places are designed to be disposable. Keeping people moving from place to place means developers and real estate firms can make lots of money because the middle class is always getting shifted around and looking to buy a new house somewhere else.
>>
>>134277382
>the fact that interest rates are being raised should alarm all of us
We should be alarmed they didn't raise them higher.
>>
>>134277226
THIS. Fucking Obummers think that he saved the US from the recession? No, he doomed the US to another one later down the road.
>>
>>134280007
>>134280208

Also consider throwing the names of all the popular frameworks into your resume. Spark, Tensorflow, and Keras should be a good start.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.