[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The anniversary of Hiroshima isn't very far off. Should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

The anniversary of Hiroshima isn't very far off. Should Trump take the initiative to formally apologize for the nuking of Hiroshima & Nagasaki?
>>
>>134264348
It was not worse than the fire bombing of Dresden. It's just a different kind of weapon, more humane if anything
>>
>>134264348
no, the japs stepped out of line and truman put them back in their place.
they should be thanking us.
>>
>>134264348
Japan should formally apologize for their shaming campaign while thanking us for saving millions of Japanese lives with Atomic Fire.
>>
He should go to the bomb site and cook a hotdog
>>
File: 1499308284587.jpg (33KB, 311x246px) Image search: [Google]
1499308284587.jpg
33KB, 311x246px
>>134264348
no, they got what they deserved for the rape and pillage of china, Frankly they got off easy with us helping them rebuild their infrastructure afterward
>>
>>134264657
to elaborate, its because if we didn't bomb them we would have massacred their whole archipelago and raised the death toll by millions in the pacific. the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki, horrific as they were, saved countless lives from a war of attrition.
>>
>>134264348
No. The Japanese would have suffered a far worse fate without the usage of the bombs. They should thank us for saving parts of Japan from 45 years of Communism, had the Soviets gotten to Japan they would have demanded at least Hokkaido.
>>
>>134264348
Fuck off weeb. The japs killed so many more and did so much worse. What we did was comparable to mercy in light of what we know they did to their enemies. Did innocent people deserve to die? No. Should we apoligize. Fuck no. That's life. It sucks and isn't fair. Strap up and shut up.
>>
>>134264348
Nah, Japs shouldn't have gone to war with us.
>>
>>134264832
with a microwave
>>
>>134264832
>>134265166
Kek
>>
Abe's approval rate is tanking (28%) and may even be replaced with a feminist PM. Maybe Trump can give him a shot in the arm.
>>
>>134264348
Goooo fuck yourrrrself, faaaggggooott!

Not even Obama would apologize. It isn't any president's job to apologize over something they had no understanding of the time or the control over.
sage.
>>
>>134264489

From reading about all the effects... I can't at all think its more humane, especially when the targets were more or less civilian ones.

>>134264657

Truman seemed like a trigger-happy asshole. He was prepared to use them in Korea, too.
>>
>>134264348
Why appologize? It is the necessary evil to end the war earlier
>>
File: nukes were necessary.png (25KB, 1191x277px) Image search: [Google]
nukes were necessary.png
25KB, 1191x277px
>>134264348
>Should Trump take the initiative to formally apologize for the nuking of Hiroshima & Nagasaki?
Never.
It was the right call.
>>
>>134264348
When you libtards winning about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I will go to Nanking.
>>
I hope he encourages Japan to become an Empire again.
>>
>formally apologize for the nuking of Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Did they formally apologize for ummm.... Pearl Harbor?
>>
File: putin bottle.jpg (81KB, 604x571px) Image search: [Google]
putin bottle.jpg
81KB, 604x571px
Nah but the government should acknowledge that they indiscriminately bombed women and children just like the Russians, Germans and Japanese. The allies didn't have the moral high ground in any way, shape, or form. This will never happen in a million years though because we stopped The Holocaust ™ apparently.
>>
>>134265395
korea deserves to get nuked.
>>
>>134265313
>"Trump prease aporogize for nukes."
>Trump firmly shakes his hand
>"No."
>Abe's approval rating deteriorates faster than Hiroshima
>commits seppuku on live television
>>
>>134265395
More civilians died in the fire bombings of Tokyo and the surrounding cities than the two atomic bombs combined. No one knew of the nuclear radiation poisoning after the fallout. It ended the war and stopped the invasion of Japan which would of resulted in millions of more dead on both sides. No president, and I mean none, would say sorry to the families of the dead fathers, sons, and brothers we would of bombed Japan to end the war but we didn't because we felt that was too inhumane toward the Japanese.
>>
>>134265395
>more or less
Fuck you talk like a 19 year old college libtard with no backbone. Ever heard of unit 731? Raping of Nankang, or is thebinly Japanese history you care about is their anime pop culture and ninjas? Without those bombs millions more would have died. They were genociding their own people at the time too with diseases islanders could not get vaccines for. Don't pull morality and human suffering on behalf of the japs into the equation when they have shown little to none throughout history, even to their own people.
>>
File: 1500318127787.jpg (703KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1500318127787.jpg
703KB, 2048x1152px
>>134265920
or how about, Truman decides against the bomb, invades Japan, millions die, North Japan becomes a communist client state, and the war goes on until 1947. And then it comes out Truman could have stopped the war 2 years earlier, saved millions of lives and not destroyed half of a country under communism, but had "moral problems" with executing total war against a savage nation.
>>
>>134264348
There was no trial so it's not established as a crime. If it's not a crime why apologize?
>>
>>134265969
Sir I agree with you!
Calling out those fucking jap weeb libtards and then fuck the shit out of them with truth.
>>
>>134264348
He should release Japan from the conditions we put on them after the surrender that keeps them from forming an offensive military.
>>
>>134265633

Would it be a lot more acceptable for it to have occured after an apology by Japan for Pearl harbor?

>>134265920
Pretty sure radiation sickness was reasonably established (at least in America) by that time. There were radiation incidents during the manhattan project. They inadvertently learned a thing or who.
>>
>>134264348

I don't know why nuking Japan is such a big deal to you. The Japanese were evil. They launched a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. They raped and slaughtered the Chinese at Nanking and countless other cities. So we nuked their evil asses and burned their eyes out of their sockets. We taught them a good lesson.

And it worked. Look at how well behaved the Japanese are today. They don't rape or slaughter anybody. They make excellent cars and video games. And they bow to us. The Japanese are so civilized now. You can’t argue with results. You are welcome.
>>
>>134266531
two*
>>
>>134265540
this 50 times over to any bleeding heart unable to do evil acts to stop greater evil. Especially against Japan, which in many aspects was the most savage country in the Axis
>>
File: 16438437373.jpg (65KB, 640x594px) Image search: [Google]
16438437373.jpg
65KB, 640x594px
>>134264348
They're just lucky we used nuclear weapons on them while they were still in early development. Do you know how a hydrogen bomb works? It takes one of those little nukes we used to glass the japs just to start it. That's right, the hydrogen bombs used a normal gun-style nuclear weapon to start the hydrogen reaction and it creates a much larger bomb. Japs have nothing to bitch about.
>>
>>134265012
Fuck off you dumb chink. Nuking them had absolutely nothing to do with avenging China. It was solely because we valued the lives of our soldiers above the lives of their (subhuman) civilians.
>>
Trump should visit the site of Hiroshima and let it be known that if the JDF doesn't attack the PRC within 5 months, more bombs may be headed their way.
>>
>>134265632
not likely considering the very first part of Japan's Constitution outlaws having a military.
>>
>>134266452
They have been allowed to have a offensive military since 2012. It was just popularised because the Chinese were livid we were allowing them to build it before their sanctions and conditions of surrender were up. We have been helping them build a military since the late 80s.
>>
>>134264348
He should apologize to the rest of the world for not finishing the Japanese race off once and for all
>>
>>134265339
Trudeau would apologize because he understands the value of virtue signalling
>>
>>134266807
Wasn't popularized**
>>
>>134266297
Exactly. We don't understand the situation that these people had to decide on. Therefore we cannot apologize. That's just muh peace bullshit of people that never had to suffer a global war or even understood WWII history. The US did other horrible incendiary bombings on cities like Dresden and Tokyo which killed scores of people that lingered horrible burns. But no one mentions those. Just the atomic bombs. It set the example of why the world shouldn't use these weapons. The Japanese also committed horrible atrocities that they don't even teach in their schools anymore. They were allowed to keep their hateful Shinto religion and their emperor. People can be so dim with their emotions that they lack rationality.
>>
>>134264348
Absolutely not.
>>
>>134264348
Maybe the Japs should apologize to the actual bomb victims and their relatives, all of whom did not choose to be nuked. Seriously, they're "untouchables," even when science has shown that gamma radiation does not spread like a disease, genetic or otherwise. Yet they continue in treating the bomb victims abysmally.

As for apologizing for the actual bombing? The pilot of the Enola Gay said he slept like a baby afterwards, and I wholly understand. Japan started the war. America was justified, and it was the right decision that prevented a longer conflict and greater suffering and death.

I'm far, far past the point where I hated the Japanese, even though they tried to kill my grandfather in the Pacific Theater, not to mention thousands more American Marines and sailors. They're human beings, for good and ill, even when they deny others (including their own people) their common humanity.

But when it comes to bitching about the bombs and denying their own barbarism? Get fucked, Akira. It's what you get for messing with the hakujin.
>>
File: Emasculated White Male.jpg (88KB, 706x728px) Image search: [Google]
Emasculated White Male.jpg
88KB, 706x728px
>>134264348
YES!!! Let's ALL be KEKS!! For Virtue's Sake People!
>>
The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki are made up hoaxes.
>>
>>134266531
They didn't know to which extent. How how long the radiation would stay. For 20 years. Not enough to determine why not to use it. Furthermore, the Japanese were making the US hurt for every shred of land we took from them. Unconditional surrender was the only solution and the Japanese would fight man, woman, and child to the death to stop it.
>>
>>134266297
>Americans still think the atomic bombs are why Japan surrendered

I bet you believe we beat the Nazis too.
>>
File: IMAG1971.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1971.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>134264348
I named my cat Nagasaki bomber, should I make him a cake on the anniversary?
>>
>>134267561
so how did kikes make japan surrender, I am genuinely curious historian
>>
>>134265395
>japs were offing themselves on conquered islands
>shock and awe ends the conflict
>>
>>134264348
VAE VICTIS
A
E

V
I
C
T
I
S
>>
File: P96.png (408KB, 460x606px) Image search: [Google]
P96.png
408KB, 460x606px
>>134267630
>Letting your animal up where your food goes
Fucking degenerate, you'll be gassed with the Jews.
>>
>>134267667
They say the Soviet declaration of war is what made Japan surrender. The declaration that came in August, 1945. But then people say the US did nothing because they entered the war (six months) late...
>>
>>134265540
this
>>134265395
it was brutal, no argument there, and it may seem excessively brutal depending on how you look at it, but you have to seriously examine the alternatives.
>>
File: other-losses.jpg (157KB, 1278x713px) Image search: [Google]
other-losses.jpg
157KB, 1278x713px
>>134264348
No way should Trump apoligise war is war and what happened was a lesser evil to prevent even more losses happening.

However he should apoligise about the 1 million+ ex German soilders who died in POW camps after the war, who's deaths at the hands of Eisenhower could have easily been prevented even by the international Red cross, had they been allowed to deliver food to the camps.
>>
I do wish FDR lived another couple months in order to drop the nukes himself since all the bleeding hearts love him so much. It was his idea to make the nukes!
>>
>>134267667
The Japanese had been under a heavy bombing campaign for months. Neither atomic bomb were significant in comparison to the entire campaign.

By 1944, Japan knew the war was lost, they were just looking for a way out short of total surrender. They had two plans: appeal to the Soviets to intervene diplomatically for a peace deal, and hold off the American invasion such that the large number of American casualties would give Japan leverage in negotiations.

The Soviets invading Manchuria and declaring war on Japan shattered both plans.
>>
>>134268098
I honestly think most people think it was FDR who ordered the bombs dropped.
>>
>>134267982
Both the invasion of the Japanese Sakhalin Islands from the Russians and the US atomic bombs were why Japan submitted to unconditional surrender. They thought they could delay and find a peace agreement but after those two events they knew it was over.
>>
>>134268098
FDR hated the Japanese for what they did. After the Doolittle raid, the Japanese captured the US pilots they could find and executed them. FDR was so furious he refused to leave his room for days.
>>
>>134268218
The atomic bombs weren't really a factor. The Supreme Council didn't even talk about the Hiroshima until the 9th, even postponing the original meeting on the 8th about it. Even on the 9th, Hiroshima was only mentioned in passing, while the Soviet declaration was discussed at length all morning.
>>
>>134268208
most young people don't know enough disjointed trivia in context to independently formulate a coherent opinion about any of it.
>>
>>134268493
Yes, but the Japanese didn't surrender until after the atomic bombs. They didn't know how many the US had or how many cities we'd destroy. It really pushed them to the negotiating table now rather than later.
>>
>>134268493
Soviet role is a lot bigger than people admit.

Japanese always put more emphasis on direct fighting and civil resistance, they figured they could tell their armies to hide in holes and they could kill ten million allied soldiers with pikes of something. Soviets betraying them and steamrolling almost all of their northern Chinese territory within a single month showed them their armies are entirely ineffective and I think that was the breaking point.

It's subjective though and all paperwork on the decisionmaking at that point in the war was literally firebombed into non-existence so anything we say now is just speculation.
>>
>>134264348
>Japanese rape and murder millions of Chinese, Koreans and other Asians for 9 years
>Japanese attack US base in attempt to militarily defeat the US
>Americans fight back

>end of Pacific War, Americans have 2 options
>invade mainland Japan; war drags on for another half decade costing tens of millions of lives
>force Japan to surrender by killing 100,000 Japanese

I'd rather just have 2 cities nuked than have my entire country invaded and war torn beyond repair.
>>
>>134268733
We had been bombing them for months. Neither atomic bomb was even in the top 5 of our most destructive raids. We have a fairly clear, objective measure of their importance in the Supreme Council ignoring the bombs for days after they were dropped.

To the extent the Hirohito blamed the bombs after the war, it was a political maneuver. By blaming the bombs, he can frame the surrender as a result of some magical, unforseen technology, rather than the systemic failure of his divine sovereignty. It allowed him to maintain his legitimacy with his people and put forth the Japanese as victims in the international community.

>>134269012
We have the records of the meetings within the Supreme Council, which unambiguously show the bombs were rather irrelevant in the decision making.

The only reason this myth gets perpetuated is because it makes America out to be the hero, and its a simple causal narrative that is easy to teach children.
>>
>>134264348
No, society should move on. It has been almost 72 years. Most victims are dead. Most of the people reasonable are dead. Our time is better spent maintaining peaceful relations than obsessing over the past. Besides wars are generally brutal affairs. Regular citizens getting hurt or killed is always a risk in war. If they weren't ready for the risk then maybe they shouldn't have picked a fight with the USA.
>>
>>134269364
It was truly ugly.

They didn't wanted to surrender and they expected to pull off a last minute save like britain did.
>>
>>134264348
he should nuke them again
>>
>>134267237
My uncle witnessed the Nagasaki blast while working slave labor at a POW camp. His 4 years of captivity ended two weeks later.

Fuck Japan
>>
>>134269364
I know. This was my argument towards the hippie over the atomic bombs. The US incendiary bombs killed way more civilians than the atomic bombs did. It didn't faze the Japanese much. It's just the scale and utter defenselessness of such a weapon. All you need to send was a single plane and the Japanese couldn't tell if it was one of theirs or not. Some argue it was all to the send a message to Russia but I still believe it was to end the US invasion of Japan before Russia did. The bombs were rushed to Japan and it was urgent that we dropped them now. They went through great risk to do that. The ship that transported the bombs was sunk afterwards by a Japanese submarine. America wasn't concerned with what the Japanese did after the war. They were concerned with ending the war first and foremost.
>>
>>134268493
>The atomic bombs weren't really a factor

Who told you that garbage? Your college (((professor)))?

“Moreover, the enemy has begun to employ a new and most cruel bomb, the power of which to do damage is, indeed, incalculable, taking the toll of many innocent lives. Should We continue to fight, not only would it result in an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization. Such being the case, how are We to save the millions of Our subjects, or to atone Ourselves before the hallowed spirits of Our Imperial Ancestors? This is the reason why We have ordered the acceptance of the provisions of the Joint Declaration of the Powers.”

Emperor Hirohito’s radio broadcast, August 15, 1945.
>>
>>134264348
Lets apologize for nuking the chinks who killed many American CIVILIANS not SOLDIERS just for some fucking naval superiority. I say no and for Trump to tell them if they're still sore about that then we shoulda dropped another so they can "forget"
>>
Japs are the most self-loathing people on earth. There's no reason to apologize to them.
>>
>>134264348
Why don't you get Japan to apologize first. And tell them to use historically accurate textbooks while they're at it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_history_textbook_controversies
>>
>>134264348
>1945 single B-29 raid with incendiaries kills twice the people as both Atom bombs.
>Japanese butthurt because the finally surrendered because they thought we had more than 2 A-Bombs
>>
>>134270277
I've already addressed that here. >>134269364

Feel free to analyze the actual record and come to your own conclusion. Things are rarely as simply as your high school textbooks make them seem.
>>
>>134266805
didn't Abe abolish that?
>>
>>134265395
>From reading about all the effects... I can't at all think its more humane,

It's a hell of a lot more humane than an invasion of the home islands. A rifle in every hand, and when the rifles run out, knifes, sticks and rocks. Tunnels covering the entire country, an entire population down to the youngest children and oldest women mobilized against the enemy. Estimates put a successful invasion of Japan at a loss of over 5 million Americans alone. They made so many purple hearts and bodybags in expectation that they still haven't ran out 70 years later.
>>
>>134264348
Nah. Japs don't deserve shit until they start acknowledging their own atrocities, such as the Nanking Massacre.
>>
>>134264348

the Japs don't even want an apology. That would mean they'd be forced to apology for attacking Pearl Harbor and the Rape of Nanking.
>>
>>134264348
Third nuke, we're not sorry
>>
>>134264348
do it again
>>
>>134264348
Apologize for what?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.