[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What message is this film saying politically, /pol/? Is it for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

What message is this film saying politically, /pol/?

Is it for or against "degeneracy"? Discuss.
>>
>>134257421
it doesn't really have a political message. it's just a comedy movie
>>
>>134257629
There's actually a bunch of hidden anti-Nazi and anti-fascist symbolism, but you have to pay really close attention. What do you think was meant by
Frank: Go on, Dr. Scott. Or should I say Dr. Von Scott?
Brad: Just what exactly are you implying?
>>
>>134257629
This. Not everything has a fucking message dude.
>>
>>134258798
>Doesn't know what was meant by the pink triangle
Pleb.
>>
>>134257421
It's a complete leftie hilldawg movie pro everything that /pol/ hates, but it has really good music.
>>
>>134257421
I have not seen it, I have no desire to see it, and I will always show anyone who acknowledges the film's existence as anything above trivia knowledge tinted in disgust with the utmost suspicion and distrust.
>>
literally the worst movie I've ever seen
>>
>>134260096
>shew
meaning treat
cautionary tale to proofread your drivel.
>>
I've actually thought about this a lot, OP. I'm not convinced there's a totally coherent message, but I do think there is strong strain of nihilism in the film that veers toward anti-degeneracy.

Basically all of the characters in the end are destroyed by their own hedonism. They have fun with casual sex, gender bending, carefree lifestyle but seem to realize it is simply "rose tint"-ing their world and masking their struggle and pain. Frank is revealed to be a pretty despicable person throughout the course of the movie - selfish and murderous. Ultimately, they are left abandoned and empty as their faux-savior is similarly wrecked by his own unbounded pleasure-seeking. The film basically ends by saying there is no meaning in this world, and these people have ruined their lives trying to find it through instant gratification and self-destructive tendencies.
>>
>>134260966
>a movie about how meaningless life is
Did you just finish freshman year of film-school?
>>
>>134257421
Saw it 2 Halloweens back. Still don't understand the appeal.
>>
>alien tranny ruins white straight couples life by introducing degeneracy
>>
>>134257421
>Is it for or against "degeneracy"?

Very much in favor of every form of degeneracy. "Don't dream it, be it."
>>
>>134261180
Yep, fuck me for trying to genuinely engage the topic of the post. I'll stick to shitposting from now on if that makes you feel better, anon.
>>
>>134260301
Same. I hate musicals as it is, but this one was pure degenerate crap. The coolest character (the biker played by Meat loaf) who also had the best song gets immediately killed. Can't have too much testosterone in a fag movie can we?
>>
>>134257421
they made up for this movie with their sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffWg2Oxomo
>>
>>134260966
Checked.
Sadly, I don't think think this is the message people have taken from the movie.
Most people Ive known were just inspired to play it out in real life.
>>
>>134257421

The movie ends with the space police arresting frankenfurter for degeneracy essentially.
>>
>>134261689
>he sings this literally minutes before being killed for his degeneracy

great analysis there, dumbass
>>
>>134258440
ohhhh this sounds pretty interesting care to expand, i love hidden messages and symbolism in movies even its a bit of stretch.
>>
>>134258440

they were making a joke about pulp sci fi movies always having a secret nazi angle
>>
File: pool.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pool.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>134257421
dude, it's literally the Adam and Eve story-- Brad and Janet are Virginal and aiting until marriage-- until an unsavory character tempts and seduces them both-- Frank N. Furter is the snake.

The fans who celebrate the hedonism of the film don't really understand it-- it was conceived as a send up of 1950's B Sci-Fi/ Horror films-- which is why they reference going to the movies and so many of those b-films in the title song. And almost every B movie in the fifties had a conservative moral-- it was very black and white, good vs. evil.

By the end of the film, Brad, the male, has become emasculated by homosexual sex and Janet, the female, has become empowered by sex but both have lost their will, Frank has them participate in the orgy ( in a pool with michelangelo's sistine chapel painting of God and Adam painted on the bottom, while Frank floats in a life preserver from the Titanic) and they are helpless to resist--until Riff Raff bursts in to arrest, and eventually execute Frank for his hedonistic indecency:

"Frank-N-Furter, it's all over
Your mission is a failure
Your lifestyle's too extreme
I'm your new commander
You now are my prisoner
We return to Transylvania
Prepare the transit beam"

Frank and his Creation Rocky, a creature designed only to be a sexual toy, are destroyed. Brad and Janet, along with Dr.. Scott are left in the ashes of the ruined house, and in the UK Version and the play, they sing a song "Superheroes" about how they now hunger for sins of the flesh-- and you get the felling they're not happy about it. They sing it as if they are not empty beings-- and the narrator comments on them, and all of mankind:

And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time, and lost in space
And meaning

The wages of Sin and hedonism, the corruption of the innocent in this film are death. It is decidedly against degeneracy, but degenerate fans see ignore the moral and see instead the sex.
>>
>>134257421
this film is well worth watching in a full theater.

it's a fucking blast.
>>
>>134267126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjc-I-parYs

here's that song "Superheroes" that was cut from the original U.S. Release. This is after The orgy and death of Frank and Rocky. The House flies away, and they're left half naked on the ground like trash, In my opinion, bemoaning their loss of innocence.
>>
>>134258798
The style of film it parodies always had a message.
>>
>>134261896
I got what you were saying anon, i feel the same way >>134267126
>>
>>134262062

The the acceptable face, of the human race!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEUpYcSwOM
>>
>>134264792
Nah, I'm good.
>>
>>134267126
good summary.
I associated the aliens with outerspace Jews.
They both have an almost obsessive frenzy in the way they try to push degeneracy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.