[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to ask American / UK military people for some advice.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I would like to ask American / UK military people for some advice.

Recently a Yemeni refugee applied for a job in my company and he left an ok impression. He has a legal refugee status and fled the country with his family because it was no longer safe for him to be in Yemen partly due to him working as a interpreter for US forces in Yemen and partly due to him being a journalist.

I would like to know what kind of vetting do interpeters go through in countries with US/UK military presence and whether he would be a trustworthy hire. From all my background checks (and his journalism available online), looks like he is leaning towards democratic values.

I live in a shit-tier eastern euro country and most refugees leave here as soon as they arrive for better pastures so I can respect that he has decided to stick around and try to find a job.

I would want to do the right thing and offer him a position to bring some normality, but I'm a bit tormented by whether this will bring cultural clashes and consequences.
>>
>shit tier eastern euro country
Why the fuck did he apply for asylum there? 99% of them faggots are on there way to the UK. Naming countries they passed through fucks up their applications, so applying somewhere other than god tier euro countries like mine makes no sense. He might be one of the good ones.

My experience comes from working under an initiative in 2011 to service the asylum process more efficiently, reducing it from months to weeks for certain candidates. I was working for the shadiest legal practice in the city. They basically were pushing these dudes through with cookie cutter stories. Why they left home, how they got here and one more criteria that i forgot.

Anyone can get asylum. Shit tier country just makes it easier. This guy might be Bin Laden's son.
>>
>>134232145
Their*
>>
>>134230467
>Recently a Yemeni refugee applied for a job in my company and he left an ok impression.
>ok
Never actually means okay..

This is our main issue, you don't care he's an inferior candidate you're just incapable of even thinking he's a less than average candidate. This is racism and it will collapse your "company" that probably shouldn't exist.
>>
>>134232145
>Why the fuck did he apply for asylum there?
It's a lottery where you end up due to the european refugee quota system. But truth is, more than half of the few my country has taken are AWOL, probably to sweden or germany.
>>
>>134232443
Well, if he were local, we would hire him. He wouldn't be a star hire, but a competent one.
>>
>>134232512
world has fucked it. used to be a time you had to hold onto the bottom of a truck for 37 hours in order to claim asylum.
>>
>>134232594
>Well, if he were local, we would hire him.
Then why don't you hire the better local applicants?

>He wouldn't be a star hire, but a competent one.
Then you admit there's some hypocrisy here. Granted he wasn't the worst, I'd bet some "alternative" white kid was, but if he's not the best he doesn't deserve the job. That's meritocratic and you're a troll if you think you can convince us Arabs deserve opportunities redistributed towards them.
>>
>>134232782
Rest assured, there's no redistribution. There's a shortage of labour here and we tend to hire anyone who is competent.

When you need to hire 30 people in a month and only 50 apply and 20 make it to interviews it's not exactly like someone's missing out.
>>
>>134232961
Actually, you'll find a pattern amongst the upper hand of those 30 who didn't get interviews, it's fairly hollow when Marxists say "well we interviewed a few white men, that's enough?" Well, no because you interviewed them specifically to not pick faults.

If you're asking advice because of this guy's ethnicity, it is exactly redistribution of opportunities.
>>
Don't give him the job. Give them an inch and they will demand a mile. This is my advice, from a person living in a country with lots of immigrants. Its not going to end well, so don't let your poor eastern euro country get destroyed like western euro countries are getting destroyed.

I strongly advice you not to hire him, simply because he is a non-white refugee.
>>
>>134233292
Not exactly. The main qualification needed is that an employee speaks english and is not a dumbfuck or an asshole.

He spoke fluent English, so he's qualified in that sense. I obviosuly can't tell if he's some kind of a sleeper al qaeda agent or genuinely "one of the good guys", since he had fairly liberal leaning articles and claims to have worked with US presence in Yemen.
>>
>>134233683
(so - the 30 people who didn't make it to interviews either a) declined an interview, as they already received an offer from some other place, b) quite obviously not fluent in english, c) with sketchy backgrounds (job hoppers, long spells of unemployment) or d) people who were offered an interview but never showed up. Then there's old people who are shitty with computers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.