[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with SSRIs? Seems that mental health in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 39

What's the deal with SSRIs? Seems that mental health in general is shunned by the alt right and people like Sam Hyde who advise everyone to stay off them at all costs

For people who have tried everything except pharma to beat chronic depression, what's the /pol/ solution?
>>
>>134179029
When did Sam say that? Anyway he is hardly qualified to give that type of advice.
>>
>>134179029

I tried ssri and 6 million children died in newtownschwitz

Never forghetti
>>
>>134179029
jordan peterson
>>
>>134179102
There is a stream from a few years back where he is talking with fans over a Hangouts live stream

He emphasised that above all everyone STAY OFF WEED AND SSRI'S

I'll try find the link (prob not worth suffering through )

I get ironic maymays are part of being fash but the SSRI thing has piqued my interest

I guess it's because Jews run Big Pharma?
>>
They make you kys
>>
>>134179029
Walk 6000 steps every day and you can sleep normally and end your depression. It's not that fucking hard.
>>
>>134179333
>unironically believing this

C'mon sonny, I'm skeptical, not stupid

>>134179266
Proofs? There are side effects with any drug. On face value SSRIs seem that they help people attain a life worth living, millions of people can't be wrong right?
>>
There's lots of bad side effects, a few off the top of my head:
>weight gain
>might kys in the first few weeks
>dick stops working properly
>might not even work
A lot of people have stupid meme depression and don't need these things.
>>
The zaps when you quit are awful. Like electrical jolts in the brain
>>
>move to Colorado where it is legal
>try diff strains until one works to do what pharms cannot
>don't be a fucking degenerate asshole
>obey the laws even when they are fucked up; prisons are full
>use it to not only overcome mental issues, but become the best you can be in a discipline like programming "ethical hacking"...blow the competition away
>profit
>>
>>134179029
They're designed to literally dry off your frontal lobes, look it up.
>>
>>134179825
??

So your solution is literally dude weed and become a master hacker?
>>
>>134179229
They can be too readily prescribed to some people, and they have tons of inconvenient or downright painful effects such as "brain zaps" during withdrawal, loss of energy and livelihood, just generally turns (many people) into a shell of who they were. Jewish big pharma is just the icing on the cake, and in interest of personal health people should probably stop playing the role of helpless victim and take action in their own lives when possible without forming drug dependencies. That being said, some people probably do need some sort of chemical intervention for their outrageous degeneracy and SSRIs are certainly much better than benzodiazepines which are potentially far more destructive... but mental health prescriptions and diagnosis are basically doled out way too willy-nilly in general these days.
>>
>>134179029
The efficacy of tricyclics is much higher than SSRIs, however they are cheaper and have higher potential for harm.
>>
>>134179029
No joke; LSD. It is the most powerful temporary anti-depressant in the world, which gives you enough time to sort your shit out in the weeks/months after.

Proper setting etc. etc.
Don't fuck with SSRIs and anti-psychs, they're so hit and miss that it is a joke they're considered as treatment.
I know a fair few people on heavy SSRIs that still want to blow their brains out.

Better yet. Realise why you're depressed and fix the root of the problem, what are you, 18? 19? 20? Pretty much everyone has a little head fuck in their early days.
>>
Only weak people cant solve their depression or whatever natty style
>>
File: m phelps bongpro.jpg (440KB, 883x1200px) Image search: [Google]
m phelps bongpro.jpg
440KB, 883x1200px
>>134179229
>STAY OFF WEED AND SSRI'S
There simply is no one-size-fits-all solution to ANY complex problem. /pol/ needs to get out of that box, keep preaching ideas that are time tested and work 100%, but don't suggest stupid shit that is stupid; like NOT choosing to try legal plants to see if they work.

see pic related
>>
>>134179029
Everyone's brains work slightly differently, chemically speaking. There is a balance that had been achieved in your brain unique to you. If you look at clinical trials, an SSRI given to one person can manage their depression, while given to another person can make them more depressed or an hero. You never know how that stuff is going to affect you because of the unique chemistry in your brain, and neither do they.
>>
>>134179561
Well I had those symptoms. Though my depression happened when I realized i needed to fix my life asap but felt crushed by wasting my youth and anxious of failing. It helped me doing that. I stopped using them when it got better. If you use them like weed to not avoid your problems you're fucked.
>>
>>134179029

Swan diving off the nearest overpass into oncoming traffic is the ULTIMATE cure. 100% doctor approved. Weev is a stunted retard who got hoodwinked by the same nigger that started the Occupy movement. How awful and embarrassing.
>>
>>134179962
No. come back when you have managed to dislodge your head from your ass mkay thx
>>
File: Scan-141202-0034.jpg (201KB, 1001x638px) Image search: [Google]
Scan-141202-0034.jpg
201KB, 1001x638px
>>134179029
I was a psych nurse for a while.
SSRI and antidepressants in general are a miracle cure for some and worse than the disease for others.
If you have real actual diagnosed depression I think you should try them for a few months. You can always go off them again if they don't work for you.
It's definitely not just a scam. They absolute work for some people.
Most amazing treatment I've seen for depression, for those on whom it worked, was ECT (electroshock therapy) which could in some cases cure extreme cases of depression in 5-10 treatments. In other cases it did fuck all.

The truth is that we still know very little about how the brain works. We just more or less by trial and error found some treatments that work some of the time and we're using them.
>>
Memeing aside what can I do to feel better?

My life isnt particularly bad, it could be alot better and there are certain things that make it worse. But eating healthy, exercising, getting a job and a girlfriend still has me feeling pretty bad. What do i do? Going to a gp will only lead to a ssri prescription which I don't want to take
>>
>>134180062
I'm 27, thread is not about me though my life is fucked, just curious because I've seen SSRI meme thrown around in different circles on da web

>>134180113
Thank u

>>134180207
Yeah I suppose so

Is depression just normal? I mean, maybe people were just miserable 2000 years ago but they kept going anyway. These days, it's all about happiness, consuming, economic growth at all costs etc.

Could be modernity that is the real problem?

>>134180389
No bully pls

>>134180453
That's nearly line for line what my doctor told me a while back

Do you guys follow a script or something? I believe you guys though
>>
He looks like he has a colossal index finger

>>134179934
How about you provide source instead?
>>
File: Bicicleta Sem Freio.jpg (327KB, 753x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Bicicleta Sem Freio.jpg
327KB, 753x1045px
SSRIs are garbage,they turn you into a fucking zombie. Your motivation and energy levels plummet, and here's a secret guys, they also kill your libido. So unless you want to be a fat flaccid zombie, stay the hell away from them.
Get outside, go hiking. Exercise. stop eating shit foods, eat food that you actually have to prepare. Stop maintaining relationships with shitty people who don't care about you. Do things that you consider noble, and meaningful (especially in your career) The list goes on and on.
READ THIS AND CLEAN UP YOUR ACT
http://davidcherubim.net/documents/thelema.htm
>>
>he wants to fuck with his neurotransmitters because he's sad about his life not being where he wants it to be

Ever notice how people with real problems arent called depressed when theyre sad? you wouldnt call a homeless guy "depressed" because hes upset about being homeless, you wouldnt call struggling parents "clinically depressed" because theyve been upset about not being able to provide for their kids for a while.

only comfortable westerners get depressed. it stems from you being told you can do fucking anything when in truth you cant do fuck all without some sort of repercussion. people stop living their lives because of something theyre caught up on, and become depressed. jews capitalize on your weakened mental state to take advantage of you, by selling you drugs that you will need to keep taking forever because you fear being back where you were before
>>
File: 852182.jpg (24KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
852182.jpg
24KB, 402x402px
>>134179029
>>134179934

http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/water-and-brain.html

https://youtu.be/JB_omHQwYh8
>>
>>134180560
Hah no. I guess you just have an honest doctor.
>>
>>134179029
An 18 year old anon took himself out today. for some people there isn't a solution. live with it and cope or end it allhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFlCGZJ6qw
>>
File: daily reminder.png (445KB, 921x651px) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.png
445KB, 921x651px
>>134180618
t. happy-go-lucky normie
>>
I just started taking Zoloft a couple weeks ago. I'm 20 years old, I've been severely depressed since I was like 13 to the point I almost dropped out of college, attempted suicide twice, isolated myself from friends and family and basically ruined all of my relationships, etc.

I can't say exactly how well they're working because it usually takes about a month to reach their full effect, but so far I can definitely feel a difference. Haven't had suicidal thoughts, whenever stuff doesn't go my way I don't obsess about it and spiral into a depressive episode, and my social anxiety is way less noticeable. They definitely aren't a meme, but they're not for everyone either.

>>134180551
I would definitely recommend seeing a therapist. It likely won't lead to a prescription, it took about 7 or 8 sessions for me to get prescribed anything even though I was diagnosed by about the 3rd session. I noticed a big improvement in my attitude pretty quickly. It just feels good to be able to get things off your chest and not worry about the other person judging you. At least that's how feels for me
>>
File: 1500451111607.jpg (37KB, 751x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500451111607.jpg
37KB, 751x240px
>>134179029
>>
>>134179029
ketamine
>>
>>134180182
advicing people to take drugs to deal with problems is just irresponsible.

the chance that someone becomes a retarded druggy are far better than someone becoming a olympic level athlete.
>>
>>134180844
Can't afford a therapist and don't have the time, they dont take kindly to my lack of vigour towards their science (have been regarding a completely unrelated issue)
>>
>>134181066
Ketamine is part of what fucked me up in the first place
>>
>>134180841
im waiting any day now to kill myself actually as im an autistic neet with no friends
>>
>>134180618
This isn't the case for everyone. I was depressed in middle and high school despite being a pretty popular athlete. And it continued worsening despite getting a gf, getting accepted to my dream uni, lifting daily, fixing my diet, learning a few hobbies like guitar and programming, etc. Our feelings are entirely dependent on chemicals and you can't just fix abnormal hormone levels by trying to force yourself to have a positive mindset

>>134180604
I've felt the exact opposite, my motivation and energy levels are way higher than normal and I've been jacking off like crazy when I haven't had any sex drive for the past year and a half. Different people respond to them differently just like every other medication
>>
>>134181215
cyanide
>>
>>134181354
I'll try that, cheers
>>
If you live in a cubical farm, doing meaningless work, spending an hour and a half choking on car fumes each and every just to get there, you'd be whacked not to be slightly depressed. SSRI's may help to keep you maintain that lifestyle for your employer. Keep trying new ones if the first try doesn't work. It's not an exact science you know. Just try not to crack and shoot up some place while getting off them or we may need to take more of your rights away. Something is obviously wrong with people who are not constantly in la-la land despite their surroundings.
>>
>>134180604
Kek I got the exact opposite

>weight stayed the same
>felt better
>lasted way longer in bed
>rock hard erections
>actually making chicks cum just from fucking
>sex much more passionate
>feel more connected with everyone
>relationships at work improved

Only thing I felt was slight nausea the first week or two and also woke up a lot during sleep which also went away

Gonna stop after 6 months though
>>
>>134181471
>SSRIs exist solely to keep you a productive working unit

This is true though

Such is life in bugman world

If that doesn't make your very soul cringe in horror then I guess you're a kike
>>
>>134179029
ayahuasca is the best anti-depressant you can get

Works in one or two treatments
Safe and void of side effects
Been in use for 10,000 years
Cheap
>>
File: Moebius.jpg (976KB, 960x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Moebius.jpg
976KB, 960x1350px
>>134180844
There is a detrimental trend in psychotherapy for doctors to write scripts instead of actually getting to the root of the problem, or even trying to. This removes any ability of the patient to understand the nature of their ailment, and strips them of the means to overcome their problems. This leaves the individual reliant upon a pill for the rest of their lives because their own power to understand and change their thoughts and emotions have been drowned in pharmaceuticals.
Zoloft stops you from feeling depression, true. It also stops you from feeling anything else, too. happiness, frustration, motivation, passion, it turns your thoughts and emotions into a beige wall. Understanding the origins of your difficulties and addressing them with honesty and clarity is the way to overcome them, not another pill.
>>
>>134181270
Though I'm taking them for ocd/anxiety I have the same effect. Not sure if it's a side effect or just going back to normal since that is how I used to be normal.
>>
>>134179522
>millions of people can't be wrong right?

Wrong. FTFY.
>>
>>134181957
Not to mention that they have very little knowledge about how they work across the human brain.
They know that it affects given pathways but are clueless when it comes to cascade effect
>>
i have generalised anxiety and have been on SSRIs for 18 months. I'm a lanklet and they helped me gain 10 kg, also anxiety has reduced. Dick still works fine and no side effects that I've noticed.

In the first two weeks I did have auditory hallucinations though lol
>>
>>134179029

There is absolutely nothing wrong with SSRIs, just scaremongering about them shrinking your brain and lowering your IQ. I take multiples every day and I'm fine. Just take them, don't be a pussy.
>>
>>134179029
Don't shill yourself on /pol/, Sam.
>>
File: goose.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>134179029
>SSRIs
Same as literally every other medicine, they're good if they're what you need and useless if they're not.
There are different types of depression with different causes. If yours is from not enough serotonin in the synapses because of bad brain chemistry then an SSRI will fix you. Might be the only thing that'll fix you apart from ECT.
I'm on an SSNRI. Fixed about half of depression symptoms outright with barely any side effects. Can recommend/10..
>mental health in general is shunned by the alt right
Leftist snowflakes have turned mental health into a joke by all having PTSD over everything, but depression is a real thing and there are lots of preventable suicides, particularly of men. Don't know about the rest of the world but unofficial policy in Australia is for the media to not report suicides (leave the family alone, prevent copycats) so for its body count depression gets relatively little attention.
The alt-right lumps PTSD faker snowflakes in with genuine cases, treats them all the same.
>>
File: 1499950149072.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499950149072.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
>>134179029
The only time I was legitimately suicidal, on the brink of actually killing myself and willing to do it, was when I was on SSRI's. They were prescribed to me when I was in the Army, even while deployed in Iraq. I was only 18, and mostly just down about not having a girlfriend to talk to, but they decided I should be on an SSRI - having very little knowledge about, I didn't see the big deal and viewed it as any other medicine. It took 1-2 years to ween off of that deadly stuff, and I have zero suicidal ideation, and the level of depression I used to have is within the same ballpark, but more manageable because I am matured. It's deadly, and withdrawals are arguably worse. I also feel like it permanently changed me, I still get the "zaps" from time to time as other anons mention, even though I haven't had them in over 15 years.
>>
>>134179029

wfpb diet. exercise. D3 and B12 supplements.

Depression is an inflamitory disease. Stop eating bullshit meat,dairy, eggs, processed food, added sugar, salt and oil.

Stop drinking, stop smoking. Get away from dense urban cities.

Depression is for the sickly and weak.
>>
>>134181106
The doctor decides if it will be helpful or not and prescribes you the proper amount. Then works with you via therapy that's tailor made for you. I don't know where you people get the idea that the docs just feed you pills and then tell you to fuck off because that just doesn't happen.
>>
>>134182566
Our media recently stopped the block, you can report on it now

Naturally the focus remains on women, and now also Maori people, if ur a male then just deal with it since you have life on e z mode

>>134182696
Go vegan? Here we go...
>>
>>134179029
>For people who have tried everything except pharma to beat chronic depression, what's the /pol/ solution?
Obviously because you have to be taking the right pills such as le black pill, amirite or amirite guyz?
>>
>>134181957
>This leaves the individual reliant upon a pill for the rest of their lives
no, it doesn't. Again I don't know where you people are getting this. SSRI are a temporary fix to help you get through the day while you work through your issues in therapy.
>>
File: comfty1.jpg (59KB, 678x500px) Image search: [Google]
comfty1.jpg
59KB, 678x500px
>>134180560
>No bully pls
don't say stupid shit plizz

seriously! there are "some" who can try marijuana cigarettes and get good results. speaking from a personal perspective, marijuana "some" cigarettes of a particular strain make me incredible focused. i can work for hours on one thing and never get bored. it helped me learn other languages, like conversational spanish; and if they do count as such Jave, Perl, C-sharp and Python

there is no one-size-fits-all solution. balance is everything. if you or someone uses a type of illicit or otherwise drug to vegetate on the couch and play some mean COD; the goals are all wrong. people do that out of boredom and having no challenges in their life. they're too 'comfty'. At 27, you should be challenging yourself. Mine was military. Afterwards, it was everything above my neck that counted to become my own level best. your revolution may vary
>>
>>134179029
Here's a story
>Be me
>Have clinical depression
>Wife convinces me to go inpatient
>Have SSRIs shoved down my throat
>Feel numb to all my emotions
>Stop taking them after a year
>See a shrink and just talk
>realize all I needed to do to sort my shit out was just to talk
>Doctors disagree, say I need to take pills
>Ignore them, just keep talking
>get a lot off my chest
>Never felt better, no drugs needed

At the end of the day you just need someone who will listen
>>
>>134181106
Your indoctrination is showing. work on that
>>
>>134182729
oh look, it's some retard that buys into the psychotherapy scam.

> don't know where you people get the idea that the docs just feed you pills and then tell you to fuck off

nice little strawman you constructed there, dumbass.
>>
>>134179029
Completely change a person.
>>
Lexapro has always helped me be happier. Without it I inevitably begin planning ways to kill myself. Very detached from emotion. I don't care what anybody says about placebo effect or w/e. Something is working.
>>
>>134181471
>If you live in a cubical farm, doing meaningless work, spending an hour and a half choking on car fumes each and every just to get there, you'd be whacked not to be slightly depressed
One has to be on drugs to think that is "normal" or should be "normalized". Seriously, reevaluate Value.
>>
File: CS1260837-02A-BIG.jpg (121KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
CS1260837-02A-BIG.jpg
121KB, 700x700px
Pills don't cure depression, they just fuck with your head in weird ways. Dealing with depression takes effort and a positive attitude. You have to take care of yourself and cut out all unnecessary negativity. You need to realize when you're wallowing and quit that shit, quit all depressing media and listen to more upbeat and hopeful music. If you choose to be happier you'll feel happier and good things will come. Also you have to stop going on /pol/ and watching dumb alt right shit. Trust me that's basically it.
>>
>>134181957
>It also stops you from feeling anything else, too. happiness, frustration, motivation, passion
Not true, at least not for me. I feel legitimately happy doing my old hobbies which I haven't felt in years. I'm capable of enjoying books and movies again. I don't just listen to music or tv shows as background noise but I can actually focus on them and they bring out emotions in me like they're supposed to, and that includes feelings of happiness, sadness, anger, etc. The only thing that's different is that my constant dull emotional pain and view of life as pointless is gone.

The reaction you're describing sounds like someone who isn't actually depressed. If you aren't legitimately depressed then I'm sure taking ssri's will fuck up your hormone balances and ruin your emotion. But for people who are actually depressed, as in the chemicals in their brain are screwed up, it can have the opposite effect and let them finally feel emotions again.

Also you aren't reliant on the pill the rest of your life. My doctor recommended I take it for 6 months and then gradually stop.

>tl;dr no one in this thread actually fucking knows what they're talking about, and depression is a real medical condition no matter how much you try to deny it
>>
>>134182676
>taking prescription drugs for years when you don't actually have the disease they're trying to cure can have bad side effects
no shit sherlock, how long did it take you to figure that one out?
>>
Try the Mindful Way Through Depression audio course: http://www.mediafire.com/file/stl5ctg1ptogszt/MWTD.zip

Also, these audio affirmations may help: http://www.mediafire.com/file/686p3ey8rl47lxc/Up_From_Depression.zip
>>
>>134179029
the cure for depression is to get a job and start a family.
>>
>>134179029
ssri's never helped me, I was eventually prescribed a benzo for anxiety instead and it changed my life, I went from a shit C student to a straight A wonder, I take the benzos sparingly when I need them and I have no ill effects at all. You shouldn't bash pharma drugs because they can really help in a tough situation, you just need what's right for you.
>>
>>134183276
You're a fucking dumbass
>Just be happier bro it's that simple!
That's easy to say when you don't have chemical imbalances in your brain. Sure, a lot of people who claim to be depressed aren't actually depressed and just have a woe is me attitude on life, but implying that it's not possible to have fucked up serotonin levels is really, really stupid

Seriously, 90% of the people in this thread sound just as bad as antivaxxers, vegans, and those "spiritual healers" who think yoga and chai tea can cure cancer. You can't fix legitimate physiological defects just by listening to happy music.
>>
>>134183968
From someone currently in a mental hospital due to depression. Thank you.
>>
>>134183968
So you're retarded?
>>
>>134184245
If I was retarded you'd probably tell me to go for a hike to fix it you dumb nigger

stop denying science
>>
>>134179029
An SSRE that works immediately: Tianeptine.
>>
>>134183643
Given that it was nearly two decades ago, there wasn't much controversy with SSRI's. I was depressed enough to require treatment but I didn't know the dangers of them, and apparently all the medical professionals I dealt with didn't either, or just didn't care. Also, if you are prescribed medication in the military and you do not take them, you can and will receive disciplinary action. Thankfully, I was deployed into combat so they didn't really have time to mess around when I stopped taking them.
>>
>>134179561
You forgot you might shoot up a school, church or movie theater.
>>
>>134180182
Phelps smoked weed therefore every time you hit your bong your one step closer to being like Mike. Great message chief.
>>
>>134184551
I was about to actually, you could use some fresh air. Or you could just pop a bunch of pills and walk around like a zombie.
>>
>>134179029
Read the book Listening to Prozac. I am planning on getting a script for it soon. Not all SSRIs are equal.
>>
Many of us may simply not be getting enough vitamin flouride and GMO. Various experimental chemical concoctions may help some.
>>
File: Depression-checklist1.png (66KB, 778x627px) Image search: [Google]
Depression-checklist1.png
66KB, 778x627px
>>134180618
>people with real problems arent called depressed when theyre sad
It's almost like depression and sadness could be different things.
>only comfortable westerners get depressed
There has been a huge increase in diagnosis in the west. They changed diagnostic criteria back in the 50s or something. Before then you only had depression if it was bad enough for you to be institutionalised and the only treatment was electroshock therapy. Now SSRIs exist and work on mild cases so they're diagnosing everyone.
The rate of really bad electroshock depression is about the same as in the past, milder depression is about 10x more common.

>>134183358
Similar story. Depression for me was emotional numbness, not even sad, just tired empty hopelessness. Started as the zombie everyone says antidepressants will turn me into, now I'm on pills the tired hopeless numbness isn't there anymore.
>>
gained a shitload of weight on SSRIs

on the plus side I could stay hard much, much longer.
>>
They don't work and they fuck up your brain chemistry if you are on them for too long.

I was on them for six months, it took me a year to get back to normal.

>how to beat depression

Fix what is fucking your life up. If you hate your job, quit. If you are in a shit situation with your family, leave it. So on and so forth.
>>
After I OD'd they had me on 6 different prescriptions. Bipolar SSRIs and everything.
I felt like a zombie constantly, just shuffling around and doing what people told me. Luckily i managed to gather enough willpower to quit them all before my brain got totally mushed. Now I lift weights instead
>>
>>134179029
the herbal approach is st johns wort, clinical dose is 3 grams (tablet) twice a day.

the homeopathic approach can very but it is fucking effective. aurum met 200c is very good at dealing with severe depression with suicidal thoughts
>>
>>134186404
and st johns works better than pharma with less side effects. dont listen to the drug pushers.

i used to work for eli lilly selling cymbalta (SNRI) and they told me it only works 1/3 of the time.
>>
>>134186495
OP

What are you symptoms in detail
>>
>>134179029
SSRI's are more risky than some people, including those that prescribe them, like to think. Many psychiatrists seem to just dish them out because they see them help people who have very advanced cases become merely sub-functional. They also see patients come in every 4 weeks and making what qualifies as progress by their evaluation without considering the toll its taking on the 27 days you aren't in their office. They can be amazing for some people, but they can have awful and lasting effects for others. I don't think people should take them unless they feel like they can't continue dealing with their current situation and don't have other options.
>>
>>134179029
Stay away from medication, that shit will make you want to kill yourself
>>
>>134179029
been taking ssri for 6 years can lead a normal life no one can tell i'm "crazy" wasn't like that before the medications
>>
>>134186820
No you were just Canadian
>>
File: 1492219760920.png (232KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1492219760920.png
232KB, 700x525px
>>134187056
HOW DARE YOU!
TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW BURGER!
>>
If they are able to make someone a productive member of society instead of a sad beta faggot than go for it
>>
The /pol/ solution is to not let your problems affect you. There is no middle ground, therapy doesn't seem to work for most people if they aren't already prepared to be self-sufficient for the time they aren't able to see the therapist.
>>
Who the fuck is Sam Hyde? That's a pic of Cody Cigar
>>
>>134179333
Need to change thinking patterns too.

Many depressed ppl have a persecution complex, take the world too personally. They also make bad decisions over and over that keep themselves trapped.
>>
File: 300px-Squinty.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Squinty.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>134187477
Still trying to be a meme?
>>
>>134185143
It's an example of one size not fitting all
>>
>>134179029
i was on ssris (escitalopram) for about 6 monhts. worked wonders for me, am now off it. i was prescribed it for both depression and anxiety, and when the anxiety went away, the depression kind of just followed a bit later, and was gone as well.

although if you're on a fairly large dosage (i've heard people being on >40mg per day of escitalopram, double my dosage), then decide to quit cold turkey without consultation...then you've fucked up.

also this specific ssri is best used to treat combo of anxiety+depression as far as i've been told, and my depression was basically a result of my anxiety.
>>
>>134179029

You shouldn't take SSRIs unless you've tried everything else. The progression goes like this:
>try diet change and daily exercise (cardio every day, lifting threee times a week) + at the same time see a doctor and work out any vitamin deficiencies. A deficiency in Vitamin D can look like depression.
>if this doesn't work, try cognitive behavioral therapy
>if this doesn't work, try gonitive behavioral therapy and a "light" antidepressant like Bupropion
>if you're still a sad fuck now you can try SSRIs

Honestly though you're in the 1% of absolute worst cases of depression if exercise, diet, therapy, and Bupropion can't help you.
>>
File: good goy pills.jpg (99KB, 786x517px) Image search: [Google]
good goy pills.jpg
99KB, 786x517px
Because SSRIs are bullshit. So are a lot of psych drugs, but ESPECIALLY SSRIs because of how fucking prevalent they are. I swear to god, every other person is on these good goy pills.

First of all, the side effects are bad. They kill your sex drive, they can make you fatigued/drowsy, they fuck with your head, they can cause insomnia, they can cause significant weight gain, and worst of all, they can cause suicidal and HOMICIDAL tendencies. You'll often hear about the suicide risk, but the homicide risk is just as fucking valid.

Now, these side effects might be worth it... if SSRIs actually fucking worked. I implore everyone to go look up some SSRIs and their package inserts. Read over the studies that demonstrate their efficacy. It's fucking low. They barely fucking work. They'll use massive sample sizes to barely get a couple percentage points more effect compared to placebo. They're some of the least effective drugs on the market, and yet everyone is on them. Mostly because psychiatry is completely jewed-out, and shrinks just like to throw good goy bluepills at anyone and everyone, regardless of whether they need them, regardless of whether they actually work, and regardless of if the patient EVEN ACTUALLY HAS DEPRESSION AT ALL.

I can't tell you how many scripts I've seen from Dr. Shlomo Silverstein or Dr. Avri Goldblatt where they're starting perfectly healthy people on 3 or 4 drug cocktails right from the get-go and turning them into zombies. and then when people experience side effects from all these drugs, rather than assessing what the problem is, they just give them even more drugs to cover the side effects of other drugs, while causing even more side effects from the new drugs. The whole thing is fucking ridiculous.

They all act like this is serious business and that everyone would commit sudoku without pills. Yet, I'm pretty sure the suicide rates have not gone down with SSRI usage. In fact, aren't we seeing more suicides/ODs than ever now?
>>
>>134183055
That's all anybody needs. Society doesn't want to hear men, and we get laughed at if we admit it. Women are supposed to fill that role.
>>
>>134179029
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25729824
>>
>>134183055
No, goy. Talking your problems out and just writing everything off as intrinsic "chemical imbalances" is something you should never do! Just let me take the easy way out and load you up with more and more psych drugs until something sticks.

What's that? You're broke and your wife just divorced you? Obviously you suffer from mental illness! Now I want you to take this SSRI for depression and this Benzo for anxiety. Oh, and take this antipsychotic and some ambient too, goy!
>>
File: shocked merchant.jpg (17KB, 187x204px) Image search: [Google]
shocked merchant.jpg
17KB, 187x204px
>>134188823
DELETE THIS, GOY
>>
>>134188585
>First of all, the side effects are bad.
my only side effect of escitalopram was dry mouth. maybe the side effects would be worse if is was prescribed a higher dosage, i've seen americans mention dosages about 40mg per day in these threads, which is very very high.
>>
>>134189064
That's called an ancedote, which is no different than responding to the fact that average blacks have an IQ of 85 by saying "but I know this one really smart nigger!" SSRIs do have a lot of side effects (and no, I'm not just talking about megadoses that I hardly ever even see) and their effectiveness is absolutely abysmal.
>>
>>134189064
So you've actually taken one of these 'SSRI's?
Did they help? All I see is everyone saying how bad they are.
>>
>taking medical advice from some literally who on the internet instead of a doctor

you deserve everything you get if you do this
>>
>>134179029
Succeed. dumbass.
>>
>>134189392
it's an anecdote that gives people the other side of the story of ssris, my personal one.
>SSRIs do have a lot of side effects
>and their effectiveness is absolutely abysmal.
for some people, possibly. i am not an expert, i just know my story and the story of the other people in my group therapy sessions, i'm sure you've read dozens of articles about it.

but what i am saying is that for me, i had almost no side effects and it was effective. you make it look like ssris always have bad side effects and is never effective.

knowing my story, if i knew someone with similar problems, i would definitely recommend it.
>>
>>134189596
yes look at my post
>>134188446

i was on for 6 months, highest dosage was 20mg. certainly helped me a lot.
>All I see is everyone saying how bad they are.
i see that too, which i think is weird since the ones i know that were on the same drug all had positive experiences. but it's not a miracle drug, i'm sure it can be prescribed to wrong people. it's best to treat anxiety/depression, not just "i'm sad"/nihilism which some people bring up in these threads.
>>
>>134179029
they are helpful.
they will not cure your depression or anything like that, only time will do it, however you can get through the worst times on the drugs and not feel completely terrible. maybe if youre a low iq subhuman who cant control his impulses and is prone to substance abuse you should avoid it. but otherwise there is no reason to go through a traumatic experience feeling like absolute shit when you can feel less like absolute shit and recover quicker.
>>
>>134179522
I know a handful of people who stopped their meds, changed their diets and they say they have never felt better...I am always weary of brain chemical altering drugs and would advise against, but some people just have an actual imbalance.
>>
File: 1499490497340.png (59KB, 491x620px) Image search: [Google]
1499490497340.png
59KB, 491x620px
>>134181106
>advicing people to take drugs to deal with problems is just irresponsible.
>in a thread about taking drugs to deal with problems
>mfw
>>
>>134180453
I would be suspect of this post. Electrical current through the brain is lobotomy crazy shit.

If you can treat your depression naturally without SSRI and sending electricity through your fucking head (!!!), obviously that's more ideal.

Try excercise, eating healthy well balanced meals, alaways getting a good night's rest and surrounding yourself with friends and family. These are the natural ways I can think of to deal with depression
>>
>>134179561
You forgot you feel nothing. You're neither happy nor sad.
>>
Ssri's will fuck you up and give you terrible side effects IF you aren't actually depressed. That's all it comes down to. Doctors prescribe them way too much and people who just have a bad couple of months start taking them which, surprise, makes everything worse because that's typically what happens when you take medication for ailments you don't have. For people who are legitimately depressed they can help and anyone claiming they never work or turn everyone into a zombie is just fear mongering on the same levels as anti vaxxers.
>>
>>134189596
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0087089/

SSRIs only improve symptoms in 20% of cases. Note that this is just 20% who experienced ANY SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT AT ALL. If your depression goes from being, say, 8/10 to 7/10 then that counts as "effective" according to these data.

Now, I'm not saying SSRIs are always bad. My issue is that they are massively overprescribed to fucking everyone because they've been fed this lie that we're all supposed to be smiling dumb happy sheep literally 100% of the time, and that if you ever have any negative emotions about anything whatsoever, then that must be some sort of mental illness. And the fact that even with people who genuinely do have depression, they're automatically told to just hop on pills for life instead of doing ANYTHING themselves to resolve the problem internally. Whether that's talking things out or changing your diet or EXERCISING or getting more sunlight or anything.

Also, I seem to recall that there's some data to indicate that LSD can be used to actually cure depression. That is, you can take acid once and it "resets" your brain, so to speak, and resolves your depression afterwards without even needing to take it or anything else on a regular basis thereafter. It's a little hazy though, and there is so much red tape involved with using a schedule 1 drug for clinical trials and such, but still. I'm not even necessarily advocating acid trips; I'm just saying there are plenty of other avenues that aren't being addressed because shrinks just want to load everyone up on SSRIs and call it a day.
>>
Anybody I've ever known to be on SSRI's were scary as fuck.
>>
>>134189755
You're aware of the placebo effect, right? According to the data, the placebo effect actually accounts for MORE EFFECTIVENESS in treating depression than the SSRI itself. There's a good chance that you could've instead used a simple sugar pill and still have felt that your anx/depression was cured.

And not all side effects are overt. Some are subtle. There's probably plenty of negative neurological changes SSRIs do that we simply cannot detect because they might be things like subtle behavior changes (besides treating depression, obviously).
>>
>>134190240
First of all no one is on ssri's for llife. Most are on it for 6 months, some for up to a year if it's a very severe case.

Also I've done acid 4 times and shrooms 3 times and it didn't help at all. In fact about half the times it made it worse because I got a deeper look at all the fucked up shit in my life, and any bad trip I had basically made me suicidal for days aftwr. Not saying it can't work for some people but I'm very skeptical.
>>
>>134179029
Don't be such a weak minded faglord to start
>>
>>134190151
i was in a psychiatric facility for a few months. the most serious cases (usually older patients there) were all on ect. seemed to be the last resort kind of thing. it seemed to work for them, but all the ones that i talked to that were on it seemed a little "crazy". it this was due to long term mental illness or the ect, i don't know.
>>
>>134190503
>most are only on for 6-12 months
Yeah, let me tell you clearly that this is not what happens.
>>
>>134179029
SSRIs are a kike scam desu senpai
>>
SSRI kills the boner
>>
>>134190240
Oh god I agree with that dumb happy sheep part. And everyone these days acts like it's the end of the world every time they have a fucking fee-fee. And most of the shit they cry about is so fucking trivial too. But either way... I mean... I feel like depression is probably over-diagnosed. The world is genuinely garbage. If you can honestly wake up every day feeling happy about the world you live in, you are the one who is fucking mentally ill.
>>
The problem with SSRIs come when you stop. They're good for the short term but after id say 6+ months of usage the drop when you stop is worse than when you began. It's hard man. I found pot edibles helped me more than antidepressants but i also had an eating disorder, insomnia and chemo to deal with at the time, so maybe that helped with the other issues and dealing with those helped with the depression, but i really don't know.

I don't recommend anti-depressants though unless you're straight up suicidal, seems like most bi-polar or general depressive malaise can be dealt with by just diet / working out / small steps to improve your life rather than risking it all on drugs (that goes for recreational stuff too).

Everyones different though, there's no one size fits all pill that'll help everyone, you just got to explore your options and not let it spiral out of control if 1-2 drugs don't do it for you. Anyone who is out there depressed reading this, hope you get through it because lifes pretty good even if it's just shitposting with the boys on 4chan.
>>
>>134190495
the placebo effect is not an issue unless you're on experimental treatment where th physicians prescribe you personally in a controlled environment, for documenting the placebo use. not from pharmacies, but maybe pharmacies work differently in the united states.

and if there are side effects that haven't been discovered, then you can't really use those as an argument specifically against ssris, when all drugs can have undiscovered side effect. that's silly.
>>
>>134179561
they're a meme drug.
we don't know the underlying cause of depression and the serotonin theory is shit, so prescribing SSRIs to a fuckload of people is a recipe for disaster.
Luckily for us, pharmaceutical companies are run by a bunch of money grubbing kikes that have no interest in identifying the structural and chemical causes of depression so that it can be cured, instead they just tweak the existing memepills that break your dick and make it impossible to feel love.
>>
>>134179029
Mental health is a scam
People just need Jesus
>>
>>134190770
Truth. Patients will end up on the seratonin jew for years, only to talk to their practitioners every three months or so for follow up appontments to prescribe you more.
Very frequently, especially in lower class individuals, medication is thrown at the issue and then promptly ignored to make room for the next patient.
>>
>>134191013
>impossible to feel love
Hate to break it to you pillfag but there is no love. It's all a big fucking meme.
>>
>The long term effects of SSRIs have not been studied.
>No studies have gone into the effects of taking SSRIs during childhood.
>The short term side effects range from hightened anxiety/depression/suicidal thoughts to permanent damage of internal organs.
>SSRIs don't fix the underlying issues why a person is depressed
>Chronic depression can be cured or managed by healthy living.
>People on SSRIs often report that they go into states of complete apathy that last well after they've stopped taking the drugs - kids are given this during childhood, a time of major emotional development.
Why would you ever take something that hasn't been properly tested, that changes the way your brain operates?
I was forced to take anti-depressants during puberty. I'm fairly certain they're the reason why I can't empathise with anyone anymore.

>>134179029
>chronic depression
>tried everything
If you're on a good routine, eating right, exercising and attending some kind of talking therapy (CBT) and still nothing is happening after 6 months, then you probably need ECT. Instant results, minimal impact.
>>
>>134180844
36 and really happy with my life.

Had an on off history with 'depression' for a long time, but looking back i find it hard to relate to how i used to feel.

Maybe its because i stopped giving a fuck what others thought about me and started achieving things for myself.

Stopped doing guilt trip family holidays. Stopped my stupid, albiet well paying, career.

Started my own businesses. Stopped comparing myself to others. Stopped feeling sorry for myself. Stopped being impatient that i wasn't where i wanted to be.

Every day is different for me now. No shitty rat race routines. I find that people respect me a lot more these days.

Little people that get in my way can expect something between brutal honesty and painful sarcasm. I dont give a fuck about hurting people's feelings anymore.

Stop saying yes. Stop trying to impress cunts. Do things you like. Stop buying useless shit. Stop pretending you are somebody you're not.

Plastic people are cunts. Stop being plastic.

Delete your Facebook account. Delete your linkedin account.

Connect with yourself spiritually. Go bushwalking. Go for long walks. Clear your mind of the useless shit you keep worrying that you need to do.

Dont be jealous or envious of other people.

The only person you need to be proud of is yourself. Hold yourself to high standards. Find satisfaction in abstinence. Learn to control your impulses and emotions.

Take a look around at all the people you know. Do you really like them? Do you seriously think you are going to know them in 10 years time? 99% of them are useless cunts. The sooner you realise this the better. Who are you trying to impress? Stop pretending you are someone you are not in order to impress useless cunts. Why do you care what they think about you?

What do you really want from life? Stop trying to make other people happy by trying to live up to their expectations of what they want you to be.

Be yourself and you will find your own happiness.
>>
Also is there a biochemist here who can explain how in the fuck SSRI's are actually supposed to treat depression? It's not actually increasing overall serotonin levels, and it seems to be that it would lead to inevitable down regulation of serotonin sensitivity. But I'm just a forklift driver so that's why I'm asking.
>>
>>134191301
So what you are saying is that I should say fuck this world, go buy an acreage in butt fuck nowhere and build myself my very own ranch like I've always wanted to do?
>>
>>134191169
I don't take pills you dumb nigger, I just study drugs.
And call it what you want, but SSRIs fuck with people's ability to form any sort of attachment.
>>
File: alert.png (96KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
alert.png
96KB, 241x228px
This is a very strange occurrence. I have been severely depressed for years. About a year ago, my mom took me to get help since I was dropping out of school. Soon after, I took one of the pills. I didn't think much of it at all, but a few hours later I all of a sudden notice out of the blue that I felt much less miserable than I normally did. I didn't feel happy, but a much higher potential to become happy since it felt like a lot of anxious thoughts and feelings that I normally would have just magically were not there. Then my mom came home and fucked it up and made me rage, so I decided that I would save this bottle of pills for when I move out.
Now this morning I hop on my computer, find this thread, read it, interesting, everyone says how bad SSRI side effects are. I decide to take out this pill bottle from a year ago just out of curiosity. Turns out it reads 'Sertaline,' an SSRI (which I have never heard of before). Now I don't know whether or not I should take these.
>>
>>134191475
I agree. One of my first lays was some village slut on SSRI's back in Highschool. Her soul was so empty.
>>
>>134190915
It most certainly is over-diagnosed. And I feel bad for the people who ACTUALLY have some fucked-up mental problems like serious depression that's not just due to external factors, because they get lumped in with all the people who don't need them at all, and it invalidates by proxy these people with actual problems.

>>134190952
I don't think you understand the placebo effect. Clinical trials allow us to detect what fraction of efficacy is actually "real". This does not mean that the placebo effect does not occur in a real-world setting. You can think of the actually efficacy of a drug as being the apparent effectiveness minus the placebo effect.

SSRIs only have any effect at all in like 20% of patients on average. And that's without pointing out that any marginal "improvement" would get counted no different than full improvement.
>>
>>134179029
Sam never claimed to be alt right, talk to him on facebook if you have questions
>>
>>134179029

I was put on SSRIs for nearly 2 years, didn't do shit.

My depression was the result of shitty things that had happened in my life and the situation that I was in. It only got better when my life improved.

Also SSRIs made sex far less pleasurable, I couldn't cum no matter what I tried, it took ages for me to get to a point I would feel like I'm about to climax and then it would just start to feel uncomfortable, kinda like when you keep going after you've already busted a nut, and I'd have to stop.

SSRIs made me feel nothing, not happy or sad, just empty, which for me felt almost worse than feeling depressed.
>>
>>134191509
Also, I have experienced some of the side effects mentioned like complete loss of sex drive and being a shell of the person I use to be and I've always had insomnia. But aren't these just symptoms that you'd normally expect of someone who has has had chronic depression for a very long time?
>>
>>134179029
>chronic depression
Did it every occur to you that you're depressed because you're a useless fuckup that has ruined your life and the world doesn't need you?
>>
>>134191509
You can use them to detoxify yourself in case some herps monger tries to spike your drink with X
>>
>>134191509

I was on Sertraline

Read: >>134191695
>>
>>134179029

Running

Just go sweat out your sorrows, you'll feel better

If that doesn't work, drinking and smoking pot
>>
>>134191875
I've always held that if somebody can tell you why they are depressed, then they shouldn't be considered clinically depressed and shouldn't be given any kind of drug for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 842x1259px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 842x1259px
>What's the deal with SSRIs?

They increase your serotonin, making you feel done, completed and over. Doctors don't understand that normal mental health is caused by a gradient of neurotransmitters;

1: See food, release dopamine,
2: As the food is brought to the mouth, the body lowers dopamine to make to desperate to get into your mouth,
3: The food touches your tongue, and causes your GI tract from your mouth to your anus to release serotonin,
4: The serotonin causes the intestines to contract, making you poop and leaving room for the food you just ate,
5: The serotonin shuts down neurological activity throughout the body.

SSRI's prevent your body from getting rid of serotonin, and essentially prolong the 'pleasure refractory period.' It slows you down, and makes you feel fat and happy while everyone else seems cool.

Some people can benefit from SSRI's, but people with drive and ambition are ruined by them.

>what's the /pol/ solution?

Smoking Salvia divinorum and reading religious texts.
>>
>>134191560
this is irrelevant to my personal case though, which is the only thing i'm speaking. maybe placebos would work, maybe not. my case is that ssris worked.
>>
>>134191933
>Running
this is actually a good solution.
Or get a bicycle and start biking places.
Even a mild workout will give you a surge of endorphines.
Get a bicycle and you get a light natural high just for fucking going places you were going to go anyway.
>>
>>134191329
They literally don't treat depression.
They do however cause the neurons to release serotonin more easily over time because of the downregulation on the presynaptic serotonin receptors.

This takes several weeks to happen and you have to keep taking the pills anyway at gradually higher doses.
A lot of clinicians are realising now that the classic school of thought on SSRIs ("take these pills until you die of old age") fucks up patients, so they have started to put them on treatments that only last for 3-12 months. Same sort of story with a lot of the anti-psychotic meds too.

Depression is likely to be a structural issue, rather than a purely chemical issue but the neuroscientists haven't made up their mind yet and it's a good racket for kike pharma companies.
The hippocampuses in chronically depressed individuals have been found to be considerably smaller than healthy individuals, so experts are thinking that's a more likely cause.
SSRIs do have a mild neurogenerative effect, so that might actually help reverse the hippocampal neural apoptosis but it's not worth the side effects. It would be better to just develop a drug that is specifically neurogenerative in that region (i.e. NSI 189).
>>
>>134191453
if thats what will make you happy then yes

i used to be a chemical engineering consultant, making over 200k per year. i wasnt happy. i hated my life.

i gave it up to start my own small businesses. people thought i was nuts. i took a big hit for a few years, but i got far out of my comfort zone. learned so many new skills. actually felt that i was achieving things.

i still feel this way. i have 2 successful businesses and all i want to do is bigger and bigger things. but thats me. i always wanted to do entrepreneurial things, and so i am.

i like the randomness. like i said, everyday is different. new people new opportunities. thats what makes me feel alive.

also nature. i love going on epic bushwalks with one or two friends, every few weeks. it makes me happy.

working in ivory towers just wasnt doing it for me.

find something that does it for you. everybody is different.
>>
>>134191989
I like you.
>>
>>134191989
>increase your serotonin
>SSRI's prevent your body from getting rid of serotonin.
Wrong.png
The R stands for Reuptake. Your neurons naturally re-uptake excess amounts of serotonin in order to save them for later.
SSRI's block this reuptake and create a temporary increase in serotonin levels.
The drug ecstacy is theorized to actually cause the reuptake to go in reverse. That's why people who are degenerate faggot ravers kill themselves a couple days after. (The brain's long term serotonin supplies end up depleted).
So SSRI's probably work for some people when their reuptake is too aggressive. But for the average person they'll just turn you into a bipolar sperg by creating gaps in your serotonin supply.
>>
>>134192021
And I'm saying it's theoretically possible that it wasn't even the drug itself that actually solved your problem, and that there's actually a statistically higher chance that the benefit you felt was from the placebo effect.

And while it's great that it personally worked for you, what matters here is overall trends. That's why I use race and IQ as an analogy, because just having a couple outliers of "based black guys" doesn't change the overall conclusion based on the data. And the data show that SSRIs are not really effective.

You can always post-hoc rationalize your own experiences, but when it comes to the overall trend and whether or not OTHERS should be put on SSRIs, the overall conclusion in a broad sense is a resounding NO!
>>
>>134188307
The exception makes the rule. If it wasn't common on the ground knowledge that drugs make you a loser, we wouldn't try to be rationalizing a extreme person(who was gonna do great things regardless) as an excuse.

Chances are if you're looking toward celebrities or athletes as proof that drugs won't fuck you up, you're not that 0.25% of people who are gonna do the best you can regardless of what you use.
>>
>>134179029
Just nut the fuck up faggots
>>
>>134192394
It doesn't matter if they work or not.
It's about making money.
Until a group takes the time to develop a curative treatment for depression (i.e. ending the modern world because that's what's killing people inside), kikes will keep selling their goypills and goys will keep buying them.
>>
>>134192394
hey i'm just here to give my own personal experience
>>
>>134191695
/thread
>>
>>134192039
I've never considered myself to ever be depressed, although everyone always has their ups and downs and periods of time where they feel "down". But regardless, one of the best life decisions I ever made was lifting weights and getting /fit/. The effects of lifting, when it comes to your psyche, are almost immediate. You feel fucking GOOD during and after lifting. It's like you're on actual happy pills and life feels great, even though it's all internal. That's in terms of both the acute endorphin rush and just feeling content in general. In particular, I used to get really poor-quality sleep, but after I started working out, I always sleep like a fucking baby. Been lifting for years now, and I look and feel fantastic. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world, and even though I work 12 hour shifts, I still always make time to get my workouts in.
>>
>>134179029

>For people who have tried everything except pharma to beat chronic depression, what's the /pol/ solution?

Eat right. No sugar. Get plenty of sleep. Reduce stress. Mild exercise like long walks. Take care of yourself. Simple, but difficult.
>>
>>134192660
>MFW bike has a flat tire and can't ride anywhere because I'm too autistic to spend more than 4.99 on a new tube even though I can afford to.
>>
>>134179966
Underrated post
>>
>>134191695
This was also my experience. Did nothing for me.
>>
>>134192618
I understand and respect that. But what I'm saying is that overall data trends trump personal anecdotes. There are also personal anecdotes of literal snake oil being helpful for all sorts of problems. This is PRECISELY why so much time and effort and money is spent in clincial trials in the first place.

>>134192615
Believe me, I know all about it. You have some shitty psych drug that's totally subjective and "works" almost entirely due to the placebo effect with a shitty Number-Needed-To-Treat of like 5 people actually helped per 100 people given good goy pills, but this is fine and everyone signs off on it because the studies technically did show a slight net increase. It's all bullshit.
>>
>>134179229
I was put on an SSRI as a teen. It made me into a zombie with worse mental shit.
>>
File: 1491936355305.jpg (33KB, 577x537px) Image search: [Google]
1491936355305.jpg
33KB, 577x537px
>>134179029
ssris don't even do that much, especially at the low doses that normies take

i take 60 mg fluoxetine a day for OCD. i was constantly obsessed with hell and doing compulsive behaviors before it. i am concerned that i may be on it forever, but there is no known cure for OCD.

adderall is a way better antidepressant than SSRIs, they are only really useful at higher doses for panic attack frequency reduction and OCD. I know plenty about the long term effects and even epigenetic changes they can induce, but I don't know what would have happened if I didn't take it. the obsession with hell almost completely ruined my life and hospitalized me. thanks fucking christfag uncle. scaring kids with vivid threats of hell is child abuse, i was physically and sexually abused and honestly the threats of hell have had the biggest effect on me long term, as there is no bulletproof way to know you won't go there when you die. even being religious is no guarantee and actually makes the OCD symptoms much worse, as you cause yourself to focus on religious thoughts. life itself feels like hell to me at times, i just want a qt wife and for life to eventually end. no eternity for me plz.
>>
File: aquafresh pepe.png (134KB, 386x389px) Image search: [Google]
aquafresh pepe.png
134KB, 386x389px
>>134192754
>mfw spending my free time kayaking in the ocean and getting some god-tier cardio in while chilling at the beach and listening to William Luther Pierce broadcasts on my phone.
>>
File: 1499150611785.jpg (72KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
1499150611785.jpg
72KB, 400x362px
>>134191989
>recommending salvia for people with real mental illness
gave my friend derealization for a year
>>
>>134192394
>it's theoretically possible that it wasn't even the drug itself that actually solved your problem
highly unlikely since i was given my medication from sealed pill packages.
>>
>>134179966
We should just be locking up loonies and giving them shocks or electromagnet treatment, it's more effective than any of these bullshit mental health drugs.
The original use of these types of meds was to simply dull the spastics out enough to send them on into greater society without them flipping out.
So immediately you had people turned into zombies so that the institutions and pharma companies could have better profit margins.
This expanded to what is today, essentially supplements that dull you out and keep you on a chemical leash coming back to your psychologist (if they even bother to refer you to one).
>>
>>134179029
I was on SSRI for a year, I stopped them cold turkey since I wouldn't sleep for days, lost motivation, emotionally numbed, suicide was a very acceptable idea. People talk about street drugs fucking with brain chemistry, I can't believe this shit is even legal. Pushing through the awful withdrawals, one being my vision shifting every time my heart beat, is what led me to recovery, the pills themselves were almost the straw that broke the camel's back
>>
File: 1494990599614.png (177KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1494990599614.png
177KB, 550x535px
>>134193070
Well there nearest ocean is 1500 miles away for me. Whereas the nearest campground is less than an hour. And the local terrain is flat AF. So here if you want to be /out/ your choices are innawoods larping or cycling/running.
>>
>>134193014
Don't even fucking get me started on adderall. Yes, let's give literally every fucking kid under the sun amphetamines just because boys are rowdy and don't naturally like to be cooped up in school for 8 hours straight for 5 days a week. It's another one of those examples of people (especially elementary school teachers) being lazy cunts and not wanting to deal with children actually acting like children, and so they try to get them all hooked on more good goy pills.

Of course, as always, there are actual people who have ADHD and need pills for it. But the vast majority of claims of ADHD are utter fucking bullshit. I have 7 cousins on one side of the family and they're literally ALL on ADHD stims (or at least they used to be during school). I know for a fact that none of them have or ever had ADHD. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>134179029
From what I've seen, they help some people get their shit together and they turn some people into psychopathic school shooters.

Also if you don't wean yourself off them slowly you will have very bad side effects. Basically it's scary stuff that's pushed as normal and harmless. Definitely not normal. Definitely not harmless. Pharma has done this many times before.

The entire opioid epidemic in the US was started by Pharma and the Surgeon General telling Doctors that they need to be more aggressive treating chronic pain and that the new magic drugs like Oxycontin and Vicodin weren't addictive if used to treat pain.

Psychology, for the most part, is a pseudoscience. We know so little about neurology and neurochemistry that there is no solid theoretical basis for why most psyche meds work. You'll even see this when you look up most drugs. They'll outright say they are unsure why a certain drug has certain effects.
>>
>>134192945
>totally subjective and "works"
Yep, heaps of my relatives have "depression" and have gone onto SSRIs because they "really work".
They keep taking their goypills even though I have explained gently to them why they are bullshit and will only serve to hurt them in the long run.
You can't help these people, they're just cattle.
>>
>>134193228
You still don't seem to grasp the concept of placebo effect.
>>
File: 1495754034671.jpg (72KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495754034671.jpg
72KB, 1024x1024px
>>134193246
/pol/ experts hard at work
>>
>>134188911
ugh, literally my mid-late 20s story.
>>
>>134193418
I'm not even kidding.
Shocking loonies works better than giving them pills.
It's not nearly as brutal as it used to be either.
>>
>>134193409
Exactly. I have two aunts on SSRIs, benzos, and antipsychotics. You can always tell when people are on these drugs, because they have that listless dull expression on their face and just seem subdued and dumbed-down. And these family members of mine are (or rather were) very smart people. Really high scores and lot of successes back when they were in school, one is a retired doctor, etc. But these pills have reduced them to zombies.
>>
>>134191301
this anon right here knows what's up
>>
File: 1494307190094.png (11KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
1494307190094.png
11KB, 411x387px
>2017
>Not using depression to get legal weed.
>>
File: 1498840755586.jpg (44KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1498840755586.jpg
44KB, 650x650px
>>134193378
i said antidepressant. amphetamine or methlyphenidate do wonders for people with severe and/or treatment-resistant depression and fatigue.
>>
>>134179522
>there are side effects with any drug
Yep, can confirm. Just checked my bottle of Tylenol, suicide is listed as a side effect. Nothing bad could happen to people on SSRI
>>
>>134193649
Has Le Weed Man even followed through on his legalization promise, aka the only reason anyone voted that faggot into office at all?

Or is that too last-current-year for canada now?
>>
i hear ssri make you shoot up schools.

oh wait nope. that being A FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
File: 1496389938711.png (100KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
1496389938711.png
100KB, 400x465px
>>134188911
Good goy, take your pills.
While your at it, would you like to enjoy some entertainment?
We have all the new (((Hollywood))) movies, and BLACKED too. It's all very progressive - you're not a bigot, are you?
Yeesss, I knew we would see eye to eye. For being such a good goy, the first month of pills are on the house.
*Rubs hands*
>>
>>134193414
oh i thought you meant i was given sugar pills, i was confused. even so, placebo or no, it worked, so the pills definitely didn't fuck me up like a lot of people say.
>>
File: profimedia-0245639382.jpg (167KB, 891x1250px) Image search: [Google]
profimedia-0245639382.jpg
167KB, 891x1250px
why is sam getting so fat :(
>>
>>134193712
Allegedly July 1st 2018 it becomes legal. Allegedly. The Liberal party has been promising legal weed since the 90s though. So I'll believe it when it happens. And
>LE DUDE WEED LMAO
thing is inaccurate.
Swing voters voted for him because he promised to reform the electoral system. Our current system gives the Prime Minister both executive and legislative control. People elsewhere in the world don't realize just how fucking crooked that shit is. Like you literally have no local representation on the federal level in Canada because the reps are almost always required to vote along party lines. Trudeau promised to fix that shit. That's why people voted for him.
Weed is already legal for medical purposes in Canada. Like you don't even need to be terminally ill. If you can get a doctor to prescribe it to you, like say you have chronic pain, or any number of minor conditions it can help for you can get it legally. So it's barely even illegal now. Everybody knows somebody with a scrip.
>>
File: WLP.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WLP.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>134193070
Pierce is extremely underrated isn't he? I rarely see mention of him on /pol/. Which is your favorite broadcast? Mine has to be the classic 'America is a Changing Country.' Although every single one I listen to fills me with a burning passion to 14/88.
>>
>>134179029
Stop being a pussy and try to achieve something.
Being miserable is perfectly normal. In fact if you realize you're miserable you're smarter than most people.
>>
File: 1488641620658.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1488641620658.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>134193593
Just think, this is just the first stage of the attack on our health.
Next comes the hormone therapy for every girl that happens to pick up an action figure or boy that glances at a barbie doll.
Chemical subjugation and the destruction of the healthy European is coming if the satanic menace cannot be stopped.
>>
File: 1490413943127.jpg (72KB, 620x621px) Image search: [Google]
1490413943127.jpg
72KB, 620x621px
>>134193531
it only works for treatment resistant depression. literally no efficacy from TDCS, TEMS, Electroconvulsive, any of it, for anything else.
>>
>>134179029
Nature, you nigger
>>
>>134193409
>you can't help these people
Exactly. That is the biggest part of it that I discovered, the only one that can help me is myself. If you're waiting on some pill to magically make your life better, you haven't tried everything and are just fucking lazy but don't want to come to terms with it. Depression is nothing more than chronic self-rejection coupled with a victim's complex, nobody is able to fix that but the person themself. A pill cannot fix that. I spent years recovering doing all sorts of shit that ultimately led to me being pretty fuckibg content and motivated. First part was accepting that I was lazy and wasn't a victim. Some make it, some don't, recovering from depression is natural selection
>>
People are only depressed because they have to listen to psychobabble in the first place and pay tax to psychiatrists. The only clear solution to mental health issues is to go to the mental institutions, free the prisoners, slay the phyciatrists and their minions, burn down the institution, plant a forest in its place, come back in 30 years, burn down the forest. Any recidivists from within the inmate population will henceforth be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Any psychiatrists or those with psychiatric qualifications will be hunted down and exiled/ destroyed, Order 66 style. All books on psychiatry and books written by psychiatrists will be destroyed.
Problem=solved
>>
>>134193819
No no no, you're not getting it. The placebo effect is when your mind actually makes an effect "real" all on its own, purely by believing it will work. It's not intrinsic to only placebo sugar pills. The point of the sugar pills to is to account for the placebo effect. The placebo effect is still happening in the active medication pills.

Let's say I have a control arm and an active drug arm of a study.
Control arm ends up having a 30% success rate.
Active drug arm ends up having a 50% success rate

In this example, that 30% in the control arm demonstrates the placebo effect. It means that 30% of people experienced a benefit purely made-up in their head. From this, you can subtract 30 from 50 and conclude that the actual active ingredient itself gives a benefit in 20% of patients.
>>
>>134194046
Yep, being miserable is the first sign that you need to alter your life.
Unfortunately, life itself is now completely inverted by Jewish trickery, so people have no idea why the well paying 9 to 5 and the big goy house that they took out a loan from Goldstein and Co.for isn't making them happy.
Not to mention that most American men start out their lives with ritual sexual abuse, so that can't be helping their perception of reality.
>>
>>134193668
Wrong. It gives a brief sense of euphoria that they'll get addicted to and start abusing the drug just like any meph head just to get that 1-2 hours of happy. It's not real, leads to further addiction and abuse, and worsens the depression further when effects wear off or the drug itself no longer provides the euphoria, just concentration
>>
>>134193593
do you know what dosages those relatives were on? it is my understanding that people with high dosages get into these "zombie" states people always talk about. i had none of that when i was on, albeit a short time of feeling indifferent in the beginning.
>>
>>134194120
It's worth a shot if no other treatment are effective.
If you can't fix em with the pills, therapy, or little shocks, just give em one big zap and be done with it.
>>
>>134180551
meditation and lsd helps me somwhat but its a wild ride for my when i do that
>>
Psyfag here. SSRIs are serious shit, with serious side effects. Don't use them for minor issues. Using them recreationally, or as feel good drugs is a terrible idea. Using them to keep yourself functional, and not suicidal, or out of a job and living on a street is a good idea.

Expand on what you mean by everything first.

>>134179522
Sleep, diet, exercise ABSOLUTELY has a strong effect on emotional state. The fact that you're challenging it this hard indicates you haven't tried even the basics. I'd also switch mental health professionals, if that's the quality of care you're getting.

>>134180551
Do you understand why you're feeling bad in the first place?

>>134180560
>That's nearly line for line what my doctor told me a while back
>Do you guys follow a script or something? I believe you guys though
It's what the literature says.

>>134181147
Get advice from people you DO respect then. Maybe the church? Trusted instructors?
>>
>>134193992
It's hard to say. Probably the one about lemmings, or the one about how #NotAllJews is bullshit, or the one about the problems in sub-saharan africa and how they're eating whites alive.

Really good stuff overall. Everything he ever said has been deeply prophetic, and everything still holds true to this day and the stuff he used to predict has all come to pass so far.

>>134194058
Yeah, that shit about forcing children to get sex changes or they get taken from their parents is scary shit. When I have children, I'm seriously considering homeschooling them. If for no other reason than to keep them away from (((school counselors))) who will use whatever chance they can to force your child to take hormones, depression pills, adderall, etc
>>
>>134179561
>A lot of people have stupid meme depression and don't need these things.
Yup, I looked up symptoms of bipolar disorder and it seems to list everything that means being human. I don't know if I'm fucking insane but I function better than majority of people and just think I have meme depression which is just bad diet and boredom.

Thing about SSRIs is they're forever. You don't get to come off them lest ye shoot a bunch of people up or commit suicide. Brain altering shit is serious shit. Also weed can be bad for you I think that is a contribution to my problems but meh, I don't smoke outside of my private home so it's not affecting my professional life.
>>
>>134179029
>What's the deal with SSRIs?

It's not just SSRIs

But look at it another way. What's with all the people ON SSRIs/ant-anxiety pills etc

They're all fucked.
>>
>>134194466
I don't know their exact doses on these various drugs. But in general, let me tell you that it's not JUST the high doses that have these effects. Obviously the higher the doses the more common/severe the side effects, but they're still present at normal doses as well.

I work as a pharmacist. I know what I'm talking about. I can tell from the look in someone's eyes whether they're on psych meds just from a quick glance before even seeing their script or profile. And I also can't tell you just how many people are on these drugs. Bullshit psych meds probably make up the most common group of drugs I deal with, besides stuff like cardiovascular meds. And this kills me, because I'm part of the problem by dispensing all this shit, but what am I to do? What the shrink wants, the shrink wants. It's futile to try to take a stand against this shit.
>>
>>134194557
>I'm seriously considering homeschooling them
Do it if you can structure your family in a way that you will have time for that, as well as socialisation with other kids.
School is super Jewed at this point so it's a very good idea to take control of their education as long as you can do it properly.
It's honestly staggering the extent to which our lives are actively subverted from a young age (birth for the yanks that get the snip).
>>
SSRIs made my depression a lot worse and introduced anxiety and paranoia into the mix. Switched to SNRIs and had some proper therapy and my mental health is a lot better, though not perfect.
>>
>>134192368

>The R stands for Reuptake. Your neurons naturally re-uptake excess amounts of serotonin in order to save them for later

In other words, it prevents your brain from getting rid of serotonin.

>That's why people who are degenerate faggot ravers kill themselves a couple days after. (The brain's long term serotonin supplies end up depleted)

I've taken serotonin antagonists along with L-dopa, and I can understand why other people would crave serotonin, but for me the pain of headaches and social anxiety is too much.

>So SSRI's probably work for some people when their reuptake is too aggressive

I take serotonin antagonists for depression - people with low serotonin report mania and hypersexuality. They don't like to give out serotonin inhibitors because they can make you psychotic. SSRI's are also used on sex criminals and violent offenders. No one needs SSRI's - they give them to you to make you pliable.

>But for the average person they'll just turn you into a bipolar sperg by creating gaps in your serotonin supply

SSRI's cause global serotonin levels to rise, and prevents serotonin from being metabolized. The negative effects can be called serotonin syndrome.
>>
>>134194272
>>134194272
>The placebo effect is when your mind actually makes an effect "real" all on its own, purely by believing it will work. It's not intrinsic to only placebo sugar pills.
dude you're the one not getting it. we agree on this, i already told you. i'm just saying i thought you were saying i was given sugar pills specifically. i was just confused, no big deal.
>>
>>134180182

Michael Phelps isn't depressed? How do you know that? Celebs kill themselves all the time.
>>
>>134194589
>without shooting up a school
No, you just deal with some god awful fucking withdrawals and you push through them if you have even the slightest constitution left in your spine that keeps you from being an absolute pussy. Stop taking the shit, enjoy 2 weeks of hell, a year or so of finding real ways to fix yourself (alcohol fucking helped me, good lord, granted I drink far less now), some good, some bad, but if it works and is only temporary, do it, because the condition itself is only as permanent as permitted by yourself. There is no money in a cure, remember that every time you pop a good goy pill
>>
>>134195101
Yeah. I've been doing alot things to try and help with my issues. It barely works but im always worried that the pills is a line i cant cross or something.
>>
>>134194945
Absolutely; the indoctrination is real. I was smart enough to realize the brainwashing was happening when I was in like middle school or so. We kept having to read various books like To Kill a Mockingbird and other stories AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN that were all about how the poor blacks are suffering at the hands of evil whitey and how we're all racist and whatever else. And for fucks sake, I'm not even in the goddamn south. Even when I was like 12 years old, this shit began pissing me off. Not to mention all the jewed-out history books that have chapters that go by decade throughout America history, but ALWAYS make sure to keep on mentioning every time that BLACK FOLK BE OPPRESSED N SHIT even though it's not even fucking relevant to the rest of the chapter. They always just shoehorned it in as a reminder that whitey is evil and racist over and over.

I'm still pretty young and actually getting married and having children is down the road for me. But I absolutely plan on having a stay-at-home wife who will raise lots of children and homeschool them herself rather than wasting our time on indoctrination from the good goy schools. That and it's the only way to protect your children from diversity, depending on where you live here.
>>
>>134195228
I doubt he's depressed. Pro athletes don't kill themselves as often as actors. Because as it's been discussed; physical accomplishments come with a natural endorphine rush. Exercise is one of the best natural antidepressants.
>>
File: gallery_14595_3189_58371.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_14595_3189_58371.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
>>134179029
>For people who have tried everything
everything except exercise and a good diet
>>
>>134195423
Also to add to this the whole
>dude weed lmao
angle.
Marijuana is a completely different drug when you are a self motivating person. Stoners just sit around getting high, it enables them to just zone out. Whereas if you are motivated, you can instead use it to zone in on a task.
>>
>>134179029

If Sam Hyde thinks medication is bad. Then that explains a whole lot.
>>
>>134195286

Medication helps to get your moods under control, but nothing helps like being part of a community and having people around. Get yourself involved with a sports club or volunteer group or something, just to take your mind off of yourself.
>>
>>134193960
the man eats like a slob, always snacking on something.
>>
I think some doctors certainly throw SSRI's into peoples faces without them actually needing them.

My girlfriend was suicidal and tried a few medications and non conventional ways to fight depression. SSRI's are the only things that have had a good impact on her.

Things with the brain and mental conditions are very hard to treat. There is no treatment that works for everyone, it's very hit and miss.
>>
>>134195185
People seem to not understand that washing your brain in serotonin eventually causing a numbing, sociopathic existence. Shooters are the ones who have been on them too long to the point that they are incapable of feeling empathy, or much of any emotion for that matter, with a moral compass that's completely destroyed. A lot of these people are just trying to get some form of emotion to manifest, it's as pitiful as it is monstrous. They'd make great troops, feel no fear nor remorse
>>
>>134195185
So it does increase long term levels but does inevitably lead to down-regulation? So in other words if there's nothing wrong with somebodies serotonin system and they are prescribed SSRI's it will basically just slowly kill them mentally from the inside out.
>>
>>134195702
Absolutely. I think a lot of alleged depression comes from the social isolation that many of us experience. Humans are social creatures, and when we're cooped up in shoebox apartments surrounded by "diversity" and completely withdrawn into things like video games (and imageboards...) it's just not good for our mental health.
>>
File: 1453690595265.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453690595265.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
I dont really know who this sam guy is besides for memes, but I was on SSRI's for years and they fucked me up.

>I started getting really bad migraines in middle school. I missed like 1/3 of the year in 7th grade. Because I was in bed so much for migraines that saI'd I had depression, I wasn't sad or anything ethier. Slowly over time I just stopped caring about everything school, friends, hobbies, hygiene, eating, even video games lost there apeal.

>After a short stay in a psych ward I learned from the other kids that it was the SRRI's doing it. When I left I imeaditly got off them and I've been trying to peace my life back together ever since.

moral of the story, don't give a 14 yr old kid anti-depressants unless he needs em.

>Pic unrelated
>>
>>134195716
Indeed. I'm not writing off SSRIs wholesale; I'm just saying that they're overused and usually unnecessary. The cases like your gf's are valid.
>>
>>134195396
>We kept having to read various books like To Kill a Mockingbird
Yep, we had to read books that had leftist leanings, I remember having to read some shit about a girl living in the middle east and another one that made abos seem alright. It was all about encouraging pluralism and a "we're all the same" mentality about things.
A lot of our history was abo sympathy time and the mandatory holohoax lesson.

>I absolutely plan on having a stay-at-home wife who will raise lots of children and homeschool them herself
This is my goal as well, but it's going to be hard to find a woman like that in the pozhole that is the modern world.
>>
>>134195716
>My girlfriend was suicidal and tried a few medications
get out now anon. they don't get better with age
t. guy who ignored the signs (cause titties) and now has crazy ex-wife
>>
>>134195702
Yeah when im hanging with my cousin that helps alot,
Its just disassociation is a bitch to deal with
>>
>>134195946
>This is my goal as well, but it's going to be hard to find a woman like that in the pozhole that is the modern world.
My goal is to find a young woman who hasn't experienced the college-level indoctrination. Just be up-front and say I'm looking to settle down with someone. The stigma against younger women is a fiction propagated by old feminist cunts anyway.
>>
File: 1499715434872.jpg (2MB, 2444x2336px) Image search: [Google]
1499715434872.jpg
2MB, 2444x2336px
sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, whatever it takes to live to die another day nigga fuck you, you don't know pain
>>
Getting laid helps.
>>
>>134195979
She's doing very well right now. It isn't that typical crazy bitch type thing. When she wasnt on the pills she was still a great girlfriend. It was just sad seeing her depressed.
>>
>>134195984

Have you been diagnosed with BPD or a disassociatve disorder?

Feeling disconnected sucks and it's the one thing medication can't fix, you need actual therapy for that and you absolutely have to drink their kool-aid if you want to beat it. It sucks, but if I spend any amount of time with my own thoughts my mood plummets.
>>
>>134180062
>>134179029

I sincerely second this. I was diagnosed major depressive disorders. Instead of taking SSRIs, I flushed them to make the doc think I was taking them. Actually did LSD and DMT and life did a complete 180. They are both such effective, physically harmless drugs. You'd think that people could recognize the potential of psychoactive drugs for psychological disorders.

My life is 1000% better. Went from "Life is meaningless, there's no point to it, why bother?" to "We make our own meaning in life, Life is a wild ride, let's enjoy every moment." I cry a little everytime I think about it.

Seriously, LSD will save lives.
>>
>>134196094
>The stigma against younger women is a fiction propagated by old feminist cunts anyway.
Women marry men that are 4.5 years older on average, so you'll be doing the natural thing.
It's hard to find anyone that hasn't fallen for kike bullshit, whether it's leftism or any other modernist way of thinking that fundamentally contradicts human tradition.
>>
>>134195946
To kill a mocking bird isn't leftist, the lawyer is actually super racist but he wanted the challange of defending a nigger in lynchy-land. Fucking SJW's through a fit over that a while back.
>>
>>134189684
>>
>>134179522
you havent gone through a really bad ssri withdrawal then, shit like paxil will make you extremely volatile in withdrawal even if you are normally just a depressed person
>>
>>134179029
you don't have time to be depressed if you excercise and watch your diet everyday, one well earned cold glass of coke with ice will then make you 100times happier than chugging 2 liters per day
>>
>>134179029
Social life, meaningful relationships !
>>
>>134196643
>>134179522
sorry misread the post
>>
>>134196441
t. your local cyber voodoo shaman
>>
>>134196643
This. When my folks split up when I was a teenager my dad saw a psychiatrist who prescribed him SSRI's for some reason (even though it was fucking situational depression) and when he was coming off of them he would always talk about suicide and shit.
>>
>>134196648

>drinking the sugar jew
>ever

Never gonna make it
>>
>>134179029
Kratom and exercise. Eat healthier.
>>
>>134196538
That's not what Harper Lee said...
>>
>>134196422
Not BPD but depression with disassociatve disorder. The shrink thought it may be BPD but he needed to talk with me more but he said its pretty much a given i had depression with disassociative symptoms. I don't have the money anymore for it so i just kinda do meditation and shit and that helps somewhat but eh. It feels like i gotta fight with everything I do to deal with and its very tiring.
>>
>>134179029
Find a hobby OP. Weather it's vidya, models, electronics, whatever. Fapping to kiwis doesn't count as a hobby.
>>
>>134179029
>mental health
95% of those people are mentally healthy failures who embrace delusions to have an excuse for never trying to succeed.
>>
>>134179825

Smoking weed is not going to make anybody a better programmer.
>>
>>134196441
This is why we can't drink our water anymore. Thanks you massive faggot
>>
>>134179522
Yes they can and offer are...
>>
>>134179029
Reminder that psychotherapy is the only means of properly addressing neuroses.
>>
>>134196538
The point is it portrays niggers as genuinely good people who are innocent, vulnerable victims of drunken, ignorant, racist Southern white men. It isn't necessarily leftist but you have to wonder why it is so widely taught in schools since those are the stereotypes it revolves around (innocent, selfless, 'mockingbird' black people victimized by evil racist bigot whitey).
>>
>>134179029
all spree shooters were on SSRI
ssristories.com
>>
>>134179102
>qualified
one day jew, one day
>>
File: IMG_2845.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2845.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>134179229
It's ok to be depressed sometimes. People shouldn't always be happy.

Forcing a negative feedback loop in your body chemistry that stops natural production of serotonin is dangerous, especially when the scientific explanation by doctors for why you are depressed is "lol idk"
>>
Starting writing my suicide note last night trying to give some explanation but honestly there really isnt one. I just take zero gratification out of life and trust me ive done it all, travelled world ajd country, hiked for weeks and live off the land and every little trick like liftig weights for years but i simply dont think the benefits outweigh the costs of living for me anymore. My entire life has been a big exercise in finding ways and reasons to not kill myself.
>>
i tried ssris and bought into the idea that they were mind destroyers. convinced i was turning into a zombie and tried to solve my depression/anxiety naturally

nothing worked and i wasted 2 years of my life overthinking it and digging myself into a hole.

recently i said fuck it and tried a difderent one. it worked. i feel more normal than i ever have since i started noticing my anxiety issues

dont trust a talking heads moral stance over science and well trained doctors. this is one of those cases where science fucks faith in the ass.
>>
SSRIs changed my life for the better. The withdrawal is brutal. Holdfast anon.
>>
>>134180841
Ugh I think it's too late guys fuck
>>
>>134197591
>I tried it thinking it wouldn't work and it didn't.
>I tried something essentially the same but with a different brand label hoping it would make me feel better and it did
>literally describing placebo effect
>2017
>>
>>134196422
>>134196997
Do you have any advice anon?
>>
>>134195935
you arent worth saving if you are retarded enough to have a negative side effect and not link it to the drug you were taking.
>>
>>134196997
If you get the wrong medication (i.e. you're bipolar but they give you depression meds) it could lead to suicide. Shit is powerful.
>>
File: 1447896778857.jpg (74KB, 342x427px) Image search: [Google]
1447896778857.jpg
74KB, 342x427px
>>134197859
Damn thats some shit
>>
>>134191301
I wasn't depressed until I had children.
Knowing that one day I can't be with them, or that even worse...they might die before me, has fucked me up. There's no cure for such knowledge, except SSRI's & alcohol.
>>
>>134197841
they're different drugs. you have to try one that works for you. believe what you want to believe though, i have to assume you dont suffer any severe mental problems if you think a placebo effect would do anything noticeable
>>
>>134195808

Exactly. I realized that I was running from life and stress, and the Saliva helped me face that.

But Salvia didn't make me feel good - it made me feel like my problems were inevitable to the point where I couldn't and didn't need to solve them. In other words, it made me able to accept being a loser, and able to take pleasure in the simple things in life.

>>134195822

Yep. I was l given SSRI's, and it made me want to die. I begged the doctor to take me off, and he insisted on the serotonin antagonist and the L-dopa.
>>
File: me.png (111KB, 612x720px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
111KB, 612x720px
>>134179029
Dunno about the wide scope of things, but from personal experience they are fucking awful. For 2 years I tried about 5 different types, all of them made me 10x worse. My depression got worse, my anxiety got worse, I tried to commit twice since taking them. I got off them & felt so much better, I'm still pretty messed up but I feel like I can beat this bollocks at some point, or atleast give it a good crack.
>>
>>134179029
man, i use chemical restraints every day.
if i didnt id probably kill someone of kill myself.

pharma psych meds actually work. no joke.
>>
I took sertraline and tried to kill myself twice. stopped taking it and had depression but never wanted to die. start mirtazapine stops depression and anxiety but i tried to killmyself. im now off them and feel much better
>>
>>134184591

old one but it is avaible since 2014 in germany.
many psychatrists don't even know about it.
>>
>>134198540

same for me, i felt worse and less connected to people.
mostly they are bad but you have to find a good one if you have depressions since many years, it is like cancer, the longer you wait the harder it is to get rid of this crap.
i bet in 90% there is a reason for the depression, but you don't always have the time to go to a psychoanalyst.
>>
>>134199637

everyone, doesn't matter if it is a doctor or whoever, who says that depression is just missing some serotonin is talking bullshit, there is no clear evidence that supports this and thinking like that alienates the people from their feelings, which makes them easy to manipulate, easy to work as drones instead of thinking what is wrong.
>>
>>134191329
SSRI's are evidence based medicine. This means it works but we no fucking idea how. 90% of all medicine is evidence based medicine.Only 10% of treatments are based on complete scientific understanding of the underlying mechanisms. Welcome to the real world.
>>
>>134199867
there is a lot of clear evidence. Any drug that effects seritonin makes you extremely happy. e.g mdma then once youve depleted all that you get depressed for a week until your seritonin levels get back to normal.
>>
>>134179029
Take pills, ignore existential nightmare.

These medicines allow doctors to ignore the existential problems of mankind that lead to such widespread misery. They aren't interested in greater philosophical questions like that - they are in the business maintaining good social status as a doctor and making money. It's materialist medicine. In a society that is increasingly spiritually sick, their practice becomes more and more of a farce.

Not to say that 100% of psychiatric pharmaceuticals have no utility. Some do, although they are still over prescribed in my experience.
>>
>>134197843

Sorry, employment called.

If you're still here the inly advice I can give is keep your mind on superficial things until you're healthy again. It's a long term thing and improvement is incrememtal, you won't notice a change until one day you realise you've had a good week, then a good couple of weeks.

For me the watershed moment was when I stopped having suicide ideation every couple of hours.
>>
>>134200312

there are 2 sides.
what i was talking about are the reasons for depression and in most cases there are personal reasons for it, it isn't like suddenly out of the sky you have not enough serotonin.

the other side is how chemically depressions are detectable in the body, for sure serotonin is a key factor, but not alone.
for example there a studies for ketamin as an antidepressant, it helps immediatly and this has nothing to do with serotonin but neuronal plasticity.
>>
>>134179029
Do cardio two or three times a week - Get those endorphins going, it helped me, so I can say that it really works.

If you smoke weed cut back. Again, I know this from experience.

Then maybe find productive ways of occupying and fulfilling yourself. Something that's yours and makes you feel somewhat accomplished and capable. Learn to play an instrument if you don't already. Again, I know this from experience.

Fuck Facebook and all that shit too.

If you try even one or two of these things you should start to feel better.
>>
>>134200388

A lot of my therapy was about acknowledging the existential crises we face and finding ways to ignore them.
>>
>>134179029
Jordan B Peterson recommends them as a valid option but Alex Jones says they are dangerous.
>>
just do nofap
>>
>>134200872
i agree and have used ketamine for depression myself and works better than ssris short term for me but only on suicidal ideation i was still sad just didnt want to die which most studies show thats its main promising features.

depression for me was sudden as the best thing in my life suddenly was taken away from me, and it sure felt like i suddenly didnt have enougn seritonin mainly because it was like i was on a drug comedown constantly.
>>
Did SSRIs for a year after a burn out. I was not eating, sleeping, had panic attacks, etc.

SSRIs changed my fucking life. Seriously. I took 6 months off got rid of all my negative habits except 4chan. Everybody noticed the change for the better. Less frustration, less social anxiety, normal nights, etc.

The hardest part is the withwdrawal and the sex life. I was still pretty horny but couldn't ejaculate I would fuck non stop for an hour. Girls don't like it when you don't finish... but it's better than the contrary.
>>
>>134180062
Psilocybin mushrooms are superior for treating depression
>>
File: freedom.gif (1MB, 514x360px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.gif
1MB, 514x360px
Depression is often just something you need to adapt to. Sometimes it is related to your diet and physical circumstances.
To combat that I started lifting and doing yoga. It worked. The idea of taking a pill to reduce pain is failing to see pain as a teacher, some things are supposed to be painful and it's up to you to get past it.

I very recently had some 'spiritual' type depression where the underlying foundations of how you model reality come into question. Jordan Peterson talks about this, but the method is the same. I also saw an Elliott Hulse video where he gave the same response. I was feeling out of whack because my model of reality WAS in conflict with reality.
Instead of reaching for alcohol or something else, I let it run through me and slowly started to change. They're like growing pains. Become strong, hiding just delays the inevitable. Maybe one day you'll be strong enough to fully appreciate that you will eventually die, and yet still be a happy and powerful person to the end.
>>
>>134179029
Frog, Kike, Nigger, Chink.
>>
>>134202260
thats because your spiritual type of derpression is very minor, until you get depression that can prevent you from even moving which it can do, you will realise doing yoga isnt always possible. i used to lay on the floor physcilly unable to move until a doctor prescribed me 2 benzos just to get me moving for the day and next and took anti depressants that worked initially but just that small hope in life is the reason im still here.

yes physical excersise is probably the best treatment but sometimes it doesnt cut it.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.