[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think /pol/ would lean more toward the left had the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 18f.png (47KB, 450x490px) Image search: [Google]
18f.png
47KB, 450x490px
Do you guys think /pol/ would lean more toward the left had the rest of the Internet not been as liberal between 2004-2012ish? I'll hang up and listen.

Pic unrelated but still hot.
>>
File: IMG_20170503_002503.jpg (81KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_002503.jpg
81KB, 750x708px
It's been literally years since I've posted here so I have no idea how appropiate bumping is with forced IDs now but have this pic as an apology.
>>
Pls respond I'll suck yo dick
>>
Hard to say
/pol/ has always been libertarian and only on the last election did all this alt right memery happen.
I'd wager that yes pol might still retain more libertarian ideals but the ultra left has definitely alienated and exacerbated the radical ideological split.

Its just normies man.
>>
File: 1497688310545.jpg (65KB, 963x731px) Image search: [Google]
1497688310545.jpg
65KB, 963x731px
>would political incorrectness be less politically incorrect if the rest of the internet was not so politically correct
>>
>>134165940

Thanks Canadian friend, I'm a lefty myself but I'm fascinated by the ideological shift by 4chan in general over the past decade. I remember in 2007 when folks on here prank called the shit out of white supremacist Hal Turner on his radio show, DDoS'd his site, and basically killed whatever tiny career he had. Nowadays, he'd be embraced. Poor guy timed it wrong.
>>
>>134166134

Fair point.
>>
>>134166178
I'm A burger not a leaf.
I'm also a fellow lefty.
Again yeah I think back in the day people just wanted more freedom and an outsider to break the monotony of gridlocked politics for the cause of America.
However the current state of affairs has sort of pitched classes and even races against each other under the guise of just the opposite. Its madness. It's why o distance myself with much of the left currently desu.
I understand socio political economics problems but I don't see how marginalizing and segregation based on sjw and political party doctrine solves that.
>>
>>134166664

In a world where you can literally shitpost your way to the Presidency, I don't know what to think anymore. I'm terrified that alone will set the tone for politics in the next century.
>>
>>134167013
It's honestly not that bad.
I didn't vote for the cunt but at least he's more transparent I guess?
My hope is that transparency increases with the digital age. Like yeah trump kinda exposes himself which I would like to see more often in politics.
Would be nice if it were a competent politician tho.
2018 maybe
>>
>>134166178
Most people here do things because it's funny. The funniest people to troll are the people that react in the funniest way. Currently that is the left wing.
>>
>>134167363

That's a reassuring perspective, the Internet has done a lot to hold politicians more accountable.
>>
>>134166178
Also a leaf here (rakes btfo, hiss!) and not a full on Nazi, although sometimes I think Nazi germany would have really improved the world of science had their leader not been so ideologically driven to suicidal strategies.
Very libertarian myself, most everything here is a diverse mix of opinions that largely add up to a bunch of patriotic and liberty loving anons, whatever that form may be. Currently the left is the dominant force of authoritarianism tearing the world apart, so our memes go the opposite way. If it was a bunch of crusty old right-wing christfags controlling the world (like it was in the US for quite a while until the last 20 years or so) you can bet there'd be a lot of f a b u l o u s gay and satanic memes all over the place. Don't let the memes fool you, appearances can be deceiving. Sieg Heil.
>>
>>134167013
Are you literally shaking?
>>
>>134167756

I've had several seizures since beginning this topic.
>>
>>134164701
Yes it would. If being a racist white neckbeard was "normie", we would be quite different. 4chan gots to be edgy bruh.
>>
>>134167756
Bong thoughts: As long as Trump makes a dent in the human trafficking and pedo problem and that some how wakes a few of my fellow bongs from their slumber and they realise our media is currently dividing us a driving us to civil war, I'll be happy
>>
>>134167948
Not a chance. Your government is so far up its own ass it has the public thinking it never shits
>>
>>134168257
You'd be surprised there is a large under current of of awareness but a) people feel helpless that nothing will ever change and b) people have it so cushy they're happy enough, even on benefits people have it cushy here. The only thing that would change would be worsening benefits, more terrorists or a big trafficking exposure, the first 2 are gradually happening but I feel thats the plan to drive to civil war not take the government down
>>
File: Download (1).jpg (12KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
Download (1).jpg
12KB, 308x164px
>>134164701
>Do you guys think /pol/ would lean more toward the left
IT ALREADY DOES

this place is full of leftists. There is hardly a conservative voice here. Anyone notice this?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.