[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State-owned industry is better than completely controlled governmental

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: b81.gif (1MB, 276x210px) Image search: [Google]
b81.gif
1MB, 276x210px
State-owned industry is better than completely controlled governmental industry.
Prove me wrong.

Inb4: free industry
Not what we're talking about.
>>
Defined state-owned.
>>
>>134060094
Owned by the state, but the state doesn't control the inner workings.
Baasicaly free industry but owned by the state.
>>
>>134060236
Okay.

Define owned.
>>
>>134059939

NASA compared to the Soviet analogue for example back in the space race?

Yeah, NASA was better, but the Soviet one was pretty good.

It'll be interesting to compare Space-X to the other 2.
>>
>>134060299

The government owns all the shares, revives all or some of the profit, the assets of that company are owned by the state.
>>
>>134060588
Yeah, this
>>
>>134060588
So the government is the share holder. Okay, good, now I can talk. What's the difference between that and debt and why wouldn't a government just sell all those shares for debt, thus inevitably leading to privatisation almost always?

If the issue is money the government is very willing to borrow if the interest rates are low and loans themselves can leverage things that create jobs and then raise taxes.

Now if the issue was nationalism.. uh, this would be a different conversation.
>>
>>134060733
Ok, it seems I must clarify something. I want to compare state owned to governmental without any interference from the free industry. Just imagine that we're talking of a country where that's outlawed, so there's nobody to sell it to.
>>
File: 1362999821462.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1362999821462.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
>>134059939
>doing your homework for you
>>
>>134060967
>imagine that's outlawed
What was outlawed can be legalised.
>>
>>134060733

>What's the difference between that and debt and why wouldn't a government just sell all those shares for debt, thus inevitably leading to privatisation almost always?

Maybe that government is not in debt, or that company has more worth than just monetary. Military contractors in a lot of nations are example of the latter.

The types of companies that usually are state owned are Defense, Resource Extraction, Construction and Transport.
>>
>>134061002
What kind of education would I have to take to have that as homework? Just curious
>>
>>134061064
Please stop thinking outside of the box
>>
>>134061237
>stop thinking outside the box
Sloth. Think child think, why on earth would it be legalised?
>>
>>134061563
Or how about you think why it would be illegal? There is a good reason why not all the countries in earth work under the same system.

Also
>child
Hilarious and original
>>
Ten years ago I graduated with a degree in lean manufacturing and international logistics. I make a little over $80k working for a fortune 1000 company.

Centrally planned economies fail is because of misallocation of resources and corruption. We have computer software now that can predict when inventory drops below need levels and instantly order parts or raw materials. We have another enterprise asset management system that has a module to re-design inefficient systems and departments within the organization.

If we put plenty of safeguards in place to prevent corruption, this type of system owned by the public (citizens, workers, employees, shareholders, etc.) could produce far more wealth than CEOs, who often drive their companies into the ground to prove a point, then get a golden parachute as a reward.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.