[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /pol/ learn any languages for hobbies/future jobs? if so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: baum.png (145KB, 345x327px) Image search: [Google]
baum.png
145KB, 345x327px
does /pol/ learn any languages for hobbies/future jobs? if so any and which would you like to learn. what languages are the best to learn for the future and which one is based?

currently me:
learning german

planning for the future:
learn dutch, finnish and korean

currently know:
hebrew, english and russian
>>
>>133884689
There's only one language there's any reason to know.
>>
>>133884689
>russian
how and why?

russian jew?
>>
>>133884918
yeah arabic

>>133884979
yea
>>
>>133884918
spanish?
>>
>>133884689

Does it help you get more clients when you're whoring yourself out on Craigslist?
>>
>>133884689

I learned Mandarin and took a trip to China

Huge mistake and waste of time.
>>
english
perl
bash

i'd like to learn finnish since i have a finnish passport, but it's impossible unless you live there
>>
>>133885133
Not impossible, just have to get your head around the grammar, and after some time it gets less harder (experience).
Lack of material is definitely a problem though

>>133885096
my brother had a similar story. he put like 1-2 years learning chinese, went to a language course in china for half a year, and now he forgot everything.
>>
>>133884689
why do you know russian?
>>
File: 075.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
075.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>133885133
>perl
>>
>>133885455
>>133885013
parents spoke russian in home, and taught me, so i can speak it (although cant write and read for shit)
>>
>>133885390
>and now he forgot everything.
there's a /int/ sticky.

only learn languages you can apply irl. learning languages just because it is fancy is a waste of time. learning an common arabic dialect is probably useful in Israel but learning Mandarin isn't.
>>
>>133885567
so learn it, until them you only speak hebrew and english and understand russian.
also i noly know portuguese and english, i really like german too.
>>
>>133885673
very true, although learning languages does not have to be restricted on a geopolitical scale, since you can use the internet to communicate with anyone else in the world and continue learning.
>>
Learning Mam, a Mayan dialect.
Currently speak English , Spanish, German.
>>
>>133885799
yeah ill put time for it later, got the advantage of knowing it would be best to complete the whole list
>>
>>133884689
Fuck off kike, go to America. We don't want you here.
>>
>>133886018
you don't need me while you got your trillion niggers and arabs coming to you
>>
File: 4d7.png (825KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
4d7.png
825KB, 700x700px
>>133885390
on my last finnair flight, one of the stewardesses spoke finnish perfectly after living there for a year. seems a lot better than haphazardly trying on the internet from israel/usa/etc for who knows how long

>>133885559
5 or 6?
>>
>>133886168
It sure does, but it's manageable to do it home if you do surround yourself with finnish (music, radio, news, etc)
>>
>>133886328
what resources do you use? I leave for helsinki this friday and I should brush up my basics
>>
Learning languages is fine and dandy, but after learning English I find it difficult to motivate myself to learn other languages. I learned German for several years, but I have problem applying it in real life because there are hardly any situations where German is more useful than English. When I learned English it opened me whole new horizons, other languages in comparison open small spots.
>>
>>133884689
I've always wanted to visit St. Petersburg and am learning Russian before I do.
>>
>>133884979
There are a lot of Jews from USSR in Israel.
>>
>>133886517
for the very short amount of time I gave for finnish (one week), I found a really useful book that goes through the basics of finnish up to an intermediate level that I recommend: http://edulinkfin.weebly.com/uploads/3/1/0/1/31010041/13_colloquial_finnish_the_complete_course_for_beginners.pdf

other than that I didn't really use anything else, although I'm sure they are a lot more materials you can find, and finnish radios and all that stuff shouldn't be a problem.
>>
Only worthwhile languages are Russian, Chinese, and Arabic.

Give it 20 years and you'll know all the European languages if you focus on those.
>>
>>133886168
5, but I had look at 6 as well and except for new regexes and few annoying bits it isn't too bad either
>>
File: tohru.png (102KB, 389x327px) Image search: [Google]
tohru.png
102KB, 389x327px
Immanguaq Kalaallisut.
>>
>>133884689
Кaк жизнь, eптa?
Boзьмeтe мeня в мacoны?
Cyкa блядь.
>>
>>133884689

Wanted to learn the major languages of every continent. After /pol/ I changed that goal to major European languages.

Fluent in: English, Finnish, German, Swedish

I know some very rudimentary Spanish. So I'm gonna improve on that gradually and then maybe work on French and Russian.
>>
>>133884689
Speak German, English, and Russian.

Want to learn Spanish and French.
>>
Speak: Portuguese (check flag), Spanish (actually studied it, unlike most portuguese who think they can speak it just because od the similarities) and English

Tried to learn japanese during my weeb days for only got as far as memorizing hiragana and learn simple phrases. Might go back to it at some point, since it's actually a fascinating language, so different gramatically from european languages.

More recently tried to learn german but it was too hard and I wasn't motivated enough.

Currently learning french. Lots of businesses in my area have french clients and it's in high demand. Not that I expect to learn it quickly enough to get a job out of it soon, but it's a good incentive. Also, untranslated bande dessineé (guess ai'm a frencheaboo)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.