[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Professor: 'white marble' in artwork contributes to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: Sculpture.jpg (76KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Sculpture.jpg
76KB, 1200x630px
http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9285

>A University of Iowa professor recently argued that appreciation of “white marble” used in classical artwork contributes to “white supremacist ideas today.”

>Professor Sarah Bond demonstrates in an article published in Hyperallergic that “many of the statues, reliefs, and sarcophagi created in the ancient Western world were in fact painted,” meaning the “white marble” often seen in such pieces of art were intended to be colored.

>Consequently, Bond argues that “the equation of white marble with beauty is not an inherent truth of the universe,” and is thus “a dangerous construct that continues to influence white supremacist ideas today.”

>Bond goes on to point out that “most museums and art history textbooks contain a predominantly neon white display of skin tone,” which “has an impact on the way we view the antique world.”

>“The assemblage of neon whiteness serves to create a false idea of homogeneity — everyone was very white! — across the Mediterranean region,” she adds, later stating that misconceptions of the classical era provide “further ammunition for white supremacists today, including groups like Identity Europa, who use classical statuary as a symbol of white male superiority.”

>“It may have taken just one classical statue to influence the false construction of race, but it will take many of us to tear it down,” Bond concludes. “We have the power to return color to the ancient world, but it has to start with us.”

Daily reminder that literally everything Europeans created is "racist" and "supremacist" and should be destroyed.
>>
File: 1435444838888.jpg (85KB, 800x401px) Image search: [Google]
1435444838888.jpg
85KB, 800x401px
so are you telling me that Italy is literally Hitler?

nice
>>
Always archive
https://archive.is/dj3gV
>>
File: greek statue painted.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
greek statue painted.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>133667945
>We have the power to return color to the ancient world
She's right and when we do, we find out they painted them whiter than any Grecian today.
>>
File: repaint-gods_jul08_main.jpg (49KB, 520x413px) Image search: [Google]
repaint-gods_jul08_main.jpg
49KB, 520x413px
>>133671324
>Blonde hair
>red hair
The ancient world was created by people of color. Colors like blue, green, red, and yellow
>>
File: digitally remastered.jpg (12KB, 449x356px) Image search: [Google]
digitally remastered.jpg
12KB, 449x356px
>>133667945
>everyone was very white! — across the Mediterranean region,” she adds
By Jove, she's right.
>>
>>133669817
I want to ____ that rock
>>
Good fuck letting black tards existing
>>
>>133667945
White is right
>>
jew freemasonry police lawyers clergy enslave you for the jwo via secret oaths in the cult lodge
>>
>>133667945
>Daily reminder that literally everything Europeans created is "racist" and "supremacist" and should be destroyed.
If Western Civilization goes, the welfare state goes with it. Careful what you wish for Tyrone.
>>
Americans are the worst shit ever, since they feel guilty of having nigger slaves they think they have the authority to order all whites around the globe what to do.
You nigger king was the WORST politician in the world and I hope your imminent downfall is as painful and miserable as possible.
>>
File: 1499649459097.jpg (71KB, 710x532px) Image search: [Google]
1499649459097.jpg
71KB, 710x532px
>>133667945
gtkrwn
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.