[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like there may be intentional attempts to keep /pol/ confused

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

you would think we'd have our shit straight on all the layers of "sounds like this but means this" heaped up on top of each other surrounding the situation of internet in America right now.
>>
>>133547916
duh. Shills want to keep you misinformed and they're everywhere on this board.
>>
File: 1474262019925.gif (477KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474262019925.gif
477KB, 500x281px
>>133547916
oh absolutely but its also due to the summer fags. who I bet will stay here now since this is akin to an edgier R_the donald
>>
>>133548073
>>133548128
So how do we get things straight on what is happening?
>>
>>133548574
Seasoned 4chan vets should have a working bullshit filter from all the years of shitposting.
>>
>>133548128
The issue is R_Donald is that they are immature childish creatures, but the problem was amplified once the r/politics raids began to constantly attack starting in mid March of 2017. If we could purge the reddit influence groups that organise in discords to shill on pol in such large numbers that it gives the impression pol is suddenly doing a complete 180 day to day. Newfags make this worse because they do not know how to use filters in the catalog and sage shit raid,bait, trolling, or legitimate shilling threads.
>>
>>133548128
That's why I'm here. You guys are way more hardcore.
>>
>>133548725
I cleared my cookies and now i am buried in bullshit, that i have to slowly replace with filters.
>>
>>133548829
0/10
>>133548937
Then go to AspieChan
>>
>>133548794

It feels strange to agree with reddit the company on something (internet law), while this board is being spoiled by people from subreddits that disagree with both of us.
>>
>>133548574
>So how do we get things straight on what is happening?
Learn the obvious warning signs.

>One post by this ID
>Redpill me on X
>Race-bait Thread
>Repeated phrases/Posts

I focus on these items. If someone starts a thread, but never comes back I don't want to interact. It is rude, and usually a shill/slide thread.

Racebait threads are just dumb shit with "whitebois can't compete" type of idea. It usually involves some obscure faceberg/twatter pic.

Repeat phrases are things that happen due to bots. You will begin to see these things after a while. At first it is usually bots, but then /poltards/start repeating it ironically. This is where the "We should all go to sleep" thing comes from. Most of what bots post however is just retarded. I don't know if they are just reposting previous content....The goal is to disrupt, so the threads need to be somewhat coherent to not be blocked/banned right away. I notice the re-cycling of pictures and text. You see lots of the exact same thing for days on end.....same pict, same text.
>>
>>133549608
>BTFO threads are trash 9/10 times
>Obvious larping pretending to be an ideology just to make posts that make the ideology look bad on purpose.
>>
File: themoreyouknow.gif (4KB, 98x65px) Image search: [Google]
themoreyouknow.gif
4KB, 98x65px
>>133549608
Here is a shill/slide thread:

>>133547981

This is a fancy "Red pill me on X"
One post by this ID

And people continue to respond. Why are they so retarded?
>>
>>133550454
It is an easy target for morons, i feel that when i see one of these threads i have to be the first to respond. In that response i say the usual sage and for newfags sage in the options if one must respond. We need to make people more aware of this ability so shit threads are not bumped. We should develop a graphic depicting what a slide thread vs real thread look like to help the new fags because they will never leave.
>>
As I understand the situation

1.) The new head of the FCC, Ajit Pai, wants to change the laws effecting ISPs so that they are able to tread data differently. Put things behind pay gates or block them, charge additional fees for speed, have more of an open hand in selling off personal data then they currently do, and more.

2.)The current laws meant to stop ISPs from doing these things hinge on the classification applied to internet service providers as commom carriers under Title II of Communications Act of 1934.

3.) people, and various companies that offer online services and media, are attempting to protest this.

4.) AT&T, one of the ISPs that wants to have the power to do the things mentioned in "1.)" has announced they too are protesting for internet neutrality.
However they are still claiming that Title II outdated and should be done away with and that Title II is not the same thing as net neutrality.

5.) AT&T is also claiming that new rules that define the internet should be written up by congress.

6.) Large ISPs would be at an advantage in influencing what from congressional laws on internet data would take.

7.) The supreme court is able to challenge the stripping of FCC internet regulations as a violation of the first amendment.

Are these correct?
>>133549608
thanks.
>>
Didn't this happen before? What's changed this time?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.