[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >come home from university for summer >Read newspaper

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>Be me
>come home from university for summer
>Read newspaper with parents(wealthy old people with a nice house). Piece about expensive housing in the "big" cities
>Me: It's indeed expensive, I live there after all. When I will have to find a house I am screwed.
>Me: "But if you add a large city in immigration every year obviously prices will be going through the roof. Thank you government"
>Parents: YOU BIGOT IT"S WAY MORE COMPLICATED, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WORLD. LITERALLY HITLER
Fun
>>
>>133521493
hi
>>
TFW Mother actually works with refugees so she and the entire family hates them and calls them monkeys.
Eastern European stuff.
>>
>>133521493
>>Parents: YOU BIGOT IT"S WAY MORE COMPLICATED, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WORLD. LITERALLY HITLER

Your parents are correct. Housing prices literally do not correlate with immigration, but with whether a country invests in housing and has lax zoning laws and easy building regulations and approvals.

This is why America has one of the cheapest housings in the whole wide world, while Britain and Holland have among the highest priced houses.

So do not blame immigration, blame your incapable government.
>>
>>133521493
You live in Rotterdam anon? Fucking hopeless, trynna find a place there myself. Also your parents are retarded babyboomers I assume?
>>
>>133524727
Of course it matters how many people are living in the country, especially in big cities were you can't build so much.
>>
>>133524727
Correlation isn't causation. More immigration= more demand for houses = higher house prices. Also the real reason housing is cheap in America is that they have vast empty spaces in which they can build, whereas England and Holland are very densly populated. Population density also means we need stricter expansion laws, which is why the correlation you mentioned exists.
>>
>>133521493
why would the netherlands have refugees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ
>>
>>133524727
>hurr if you increase demand prices won't go up!
kys yourself
>>
>>133524727

Depends on the country. Housing prices in Canada and Australia has almost entirely to do with rich Chinese buying property as an investment. European countries are mostly to do with zoning laws and construction permits/regulations.
>>
>>133521493
Call your dad a bitch nigger and murder him in his sleep to inherit the house
>>
>>133524727
We have more land that we haven't used than you fucks even have.
>>
>>133524727
housing prices in cities are more effected by immigration than building laws.

Very few cities have room for new developments, but instead have a problem with scarcity of property and a surplus of potential buyers.

When you have 30 people fighting over a house and making ever-increasing offers, it jacks up local housing prices.

I know this because I flip houses for a living.
Having more than 2 offers will often result in going 50-100K above asking price and jacking up the comps in the area.

I bought one place and was planning to rent it after reno for some substance income, but then a nearby house sold for 50k over comps, and another sold for 40k over that.

I had to move quickly, but I turned a 4bd/2.5 bath with a pool from a 270k investment into a 380k sale after reno.

The prices in the area have permanently settled into the 375k range just 2 years later.

A nearby low income housing project was evacuated, renovated, and is now being rented as apartments for $1500 a month when they used to be $800.

Chinese land speculators are getting involved now too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.