[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is joining the army reserves worth it (UK)? I want to learn

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Army.jpg (242KB, 2400x1558px) Image search: [Google]
Army.jpg
242KB, 2400x1558px
Is joining the army reserves worth it (UK)?

I want to learn new skills and still maintain my civilian status and get a bit of pay on the side without being a meat shield.
>>
>>133509993
>weekend warrior
Just go all the way or no one will respect you.
>>
>>133510107
Don't listen to this faggot. The reserves are a good way to serve your country and learn skills in an auxiliary role. There's literally nothing wrong with being a weekend warrior and you'll get to play with machine guns and explosives. It's a win-win.
>>
>>133510107
End of the day we all wear the same uniform and serve the de country, right?

But anyway it should be good right? Neets on here should do it
>>
>>133510652
>still a weekend warrior
Listen up faggot, everyone in the armed services hates your guts because you are a world class pussy. You get the benifits without serving your country or putting your life on the line because you put on a uniform and play army once a month. Also, don't tell anyone you were in the army, you were in reserves.
>>133510715
You don't serve your country in reserves. The reason reserves are classified as weekend warriors is because they wear uniform only once a month instead of every single day like most enlisted. If real war breaks out everyone in the infantry will look down on you as a burden who didnt have the nuts to go all the way. They won't trust you in a combat environment unless you prove yourself. Even the biggest boot is better than the reserve infantry.
>>
File: 847169841228430465.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
847169841228430465.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>133512293
>>
Inb4 OP is a Brit.

It's like being a volunteer firefighter. You do the same service but carry your own weight when you're inactive/not needed.
>All the responsibilities
>Not a welfare queen
>Good shit for a resume
>Keep yourself fit
>Retirement
>Medical insurance
>Possible way to meet contacts on outside
>>
File: 1484324428241.jpg (44KB, 580x490px) Image search: [Google]
1484324428241.jpg
44KB, 580x490px
>mfw niggers on here dont even go SOF
>>
>>133512684
Yeah I know I'm a sperg when it comes to this stuff but just being an infantry makes me see red whenever someone wants to join reserves.
>>
>Is serving kike overloards worth it

You tell me
>>
File: Screenshot-2017-07-03-18.52.13.png (852KB, 1006x785px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2017-07-03-18.52.13.png
852KB, 1006x785px
>>133509993
Nah, the Military's going full SJW. Main reason why I just gave up on the idea. Also, the pay's shit full time and the qualifications are not even civvy equivalent.
>>
>>133513789
Shame because I was interested in mechanic training or so
>>
>>133514444
You may get 'training', but the qualc you'll get won't have the same amount of units as the standard civvy one. Go to a Community College or get an apparenticeship. They're both much better option. I'm doing Electrical Installation this year and can be on £15 an hour within 2 years. With the army, you'll always be on £10. Unless you get to be an officer.
>>
>>133514705
Does the UK army pay an hourly wage?
>>
>>133515233
Nah, Salaried. Typical is £18k or $25k a year.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.