[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep hearing the second amendment is to protect you from government

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1426386652624.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px)
1426386652624.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
I keep hearing the second amendment is to protect you from government tyranny. And this is implied to be domestic governments, which makes no sense, instead of foreign governments, which actually makes sense.

Which implies that the framers of the constitution spent all that time setting up a intricate system of checks and balances, but then apparently the emergency switch is the second amendment, where a militia can retake the government.

So the second amendment allows the government to function like some third world banana republic that has a military coup every three months

Final question, in the civil war, if the north was so tyrannical, why did they just leave and start their own country, rather than using their constitutional right to retake the government

ib4 A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>133491917

It's not surprising that you have no grasp whatsoever of government or history considering that your "country" has neither.
>>
File: 1498970616129.jpg (546KB, 1272x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1498970616129.jpg
546KB, 1272x1316px
>>133491917
It wasn't to start their own country, rather decide on how America should be formed. North (Federacy and Unified Government) vs South (Autonomous States and Independent Functionalities)

And it's because we have an unwritten agreement with the government that we'll give you the tools to rule over us...but we have the guns if you fuck up or displease us.
>>
>>133492168
fpbp
>>
>>133491917
Fuck off leaf
>>
>>133491917
Here I can totally debunk your whole misconception:

The intent is irrelevant. Who are you to interpret the words written in the Constitution? SHALL
>>
>133491917
Stuff like this are mainly needed to scare the government away from being tyrannical, not to actually overthrow the government which is an ultimate measure.
When you're visibly armed the criminal won't attack you. He will instead seek unarmed target.
When the people are armed the government is less likely to attack the people because politicians know that they risk massive shitfest.
The guns are literally the only reason burgers still have some freedoms, not constitution, not laws.
>A fucking leaf
>>
>>133492805
Was meant for OP
>>133491917
>>
File: 1487444511753.png (401KB, 447x438px)
1487444511753.png
401KB, 447x438px
>>133491917
Trudeau is donating $241.5 million of Canadians money to the Clinton Foundation.
>>
>>133491917
>says the leafiest of leafshit
>"inb4 retarded that means you can't call me retarded XD!"
Our leafblowers will blot out the sun
>>
>>133491917

cant wait for summer to end and all the summerfags go back to school
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.