[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all remember the rebellious phase from our youth when we said

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: 1417409906291.jpg (107KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1417409906291.jpg
107KB, 960x960px
We all remember the rebellious phase from our youth when we said edgy things like "God doesn't exist" etc.

But what's with the sudden influx of _adult_ atheists? They seem to be everywhere nowadays. Is this yet another trick by (((them)))?
>>
>Sudden influx
it's the kids who said god doesn't exist growing up and now being adults who say god doesn't exist because it's not like they changed their minds in unison
>>
Atheism isn't about the absence of god, but the dislike of religion.

Today's self-proclaimed atheists have made a bastardized cult if you will that don't even understand the definition of atheism.
>>
>>133472023
I just dont see the point in beliveing, it gives me no benefits at all.
>>
>>133472023
I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with atheists being out there for a long ass time. I don't get why people think that atheism started in 2005 or something.
>>
Everyone has an edgy atheist phase. Some people just start later than others or take longer to grow out of it. A gun to the head makes it pass quicker, because not a single atheist is willing to die for their beliefs. Why is that?
>>
>>133472097
Visible atheism is generally about dislike of religion, or on a deeper level of analysis dislike of western civilization, but the atheism that's ubiquitous is sort of the passive atheism of young people who, if asked, don't believe in god but don't care enough to discuss the subject. This is basically everyone I know personally.
>>
>>133472267
You won't make anyone believe into something by threatening them with death. You might make them lie, sure. And atheists don't believe in any kind of reward for pointless martyrdom.
>>
Why do you gags care so much about atheists? Do you love them or something? Lolfegs
>>
File: Children-with-Cross.jpg (201KB, 1143x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Children-with-Cross.jpg
201KB, 1143x1107px
>>133472023
You got that reverse, adults are the ones who can be non-Christian or maybe not, maybe they stay infant level Christian Jamal lovers.
>>
File: Religion_in_the_world.png (55KB, 1368x612px) Image search: [Google]
Religion_in_the_world.png
55KB, 1368x612px
>>133472425
They are mentally ill for real and actually believe there is a "god".
>>
>>133472267
>because not a single atheist is willing to die for their beliefs

Why in the fuck would anyone die for their belief that there is no god?
That isn't something to die for
>>
>>133472267
>nobody is willing to die over a non-belief
Truly, this is a mystery...
>>
>>133472267
because it makes no difference to me what you think I believe. nothing will punish me if I tell you that I'm no longer an atheist to save my life.
>>
So from a psychological standpoint, what's the benefit of bending a knee to a mentally challenged sky tyrant? I'm kinda all about my fellow humans, we're gonna rule the galaxy one day, I don't want a power-tripping asshole meddling with that shit.
>>
>>133472529
I read your text in ghetto nigger speak
>>
>>133472529
Devoted christians biggest wish is to die a martyr for his faith, same thing with muslims. They can't comprehend why someone would reject such a gift.
>>
>>133472425
>>133472481
Atheists are just as retarded as religious faggots since you can neither prove nor disprove that a God exists.
>>
>>133472023
>But what's with the sudden influx of _adult_ atheists?

after being a christian my whole life, i became an atheist at 25. i just couldnt believe a perfect, loving and all knowing god could create a hell and send people there for ETERNITY for committing a finite amount of sin.
>>
>But what's with the sudden influx of _adult_ atheists?

Uneducated pseuds pretending to be smart in the most safe way possible. Radical positions on pretty much everything else are a social suicide, but with this you can be a rebel while not breaking (((social))) norms at the same time.
>>
>>133472684
So you are also neutral on existence of invisible dragons? Also which god, there are thousands of candidates for the title.
>>
>>133472684
Nigger
>>
>>133472023
There is no sufficient evidence that a god exists, so until proof arrives, the best is to withhold belief
>>
>>133472718

Cool false dichotomy you got there, friendo
>>
>>133472775
he's a neo agnostic
>>
>>133472304

Western civilization is the most secular around, you dumb fuck.

Any atheist who uses it as a proxy for hating the west doesn't understand that everywhere else is far more religious.
>>
>>133472023
The thing is, man, God most probably doesn't exist for real, speaking objectively. That's probably the reason. Religion should change to accomodate for that fact.
>>
>>133472758
Yeah see, it's this. I think it might be religious people are natural subs and atheists are natural doms. It's a difference in the way you look at things. Religious people want to be .
submissive to something and atheists don't.

They're both fine, one is just meant for women and pussies.
>>
>>133472684
Negative belief and positive belief is not the same thing.
Negative belief without reason is being a sceptic.
Positive belief without reason is being retarded.
>>
>>133472023

They are brainwashed by the jew. Jesus revealed the truth about the jews, they are subhuman and demonic servants of satan. The jews push atheism because they want to lead people to hell for the glory of their master satan.
>>
>>133472930
If you want to find out if you are dealing with an atheist worth anything you just need to ask him about islam. If he starts to defend it, you got yourself a certified cuck.
>>
>>133473009
Take your meds.
>>
>>133473009
Oi vei, just look at this schlemazel
>>
>>133472023
>influx
What? Atheist populations aren't going up, they're in decline.
>>
>>133473005
You got that the wrong way around. Your philosophy got buried by Gödel damn near a century ago.
>>
>>133473392
Worldwide, yes. Niggs are breeding like rabbits and they are all religious. But in the west it's a steady growth.
>>
>>133472023
about 91% of the world's population is religious to at least some extent
BUT
atheism is also a religion considering it's based on a dogma

therefore 100% of the world pop is religious
>>
>>133473475
Really?
Tell me more of orbiting teapots...
>>
>>133473392
Unfortunately, we're losing numbers not to christians but to muslims. honestly i would rather have christians completely dominant, you guys are pretty harmless and picky with your religion these days, it's the muslims that are the problem. they're...problematic.
>>
its not their fault. their youtube heroes told them to.
>>
>>133472023
Actually is white the opposite. As a kid I believed in magic beings like the east bunny, santa clous, jesus, etc. Now I know how the real wordl works
>>
>>133473652
Meh, don't bother. Some people just need a strong dom. It's their thing.
>>
Your pagan ancestors are rolling in their graves.
>>
>>133473052

Agreed.

Also, fuck Islam 50 times more than fuck Christianity. Islam is cancer in human form.
>>
>>133473115
Don't you have my toilet to clean?
>>
>>133472023
It's like racism. Stupid people are racists, smart people are tolerant, very smart people are racists; stupid people are religious, smart people are atheists, very smart people are religious.

>>133472182
You don't have to believe to be a Christian. Bible can be read in two way, figuratively and literally. The simpler people read it literally and become moral and traditional that way. Smarter people read it figuratively, understand the meaning behind what it says, and become moral and traditional that way.
>>
>>133472023
>1 post by this ID
Obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>133473925
How much are you paying? With your economy not being what it used to we got rather picky.
>>
>>133472023
>durr it's a phase

No it's called growing up. Being part of the scam that is organized religion as an adult, when you should absolutely know better, makes you a grade A retard.

>>133473958
>very smart people are religious

Name 5 """very smart people""" who are religious (as in, the actual sense of the word, not some wishy washy crap).
>>
>>133473958

>stupid people are religious, smart people are atheists, very smart people are (((religious))).

:^)
>>
>>133474090
>Name 5 """very smart people""" who are religious (as in, the actual sense of the word, not some wishy washy crap).
he means it in the wishy washy way. You know the Peterson thing where you don't actualy believe but you live like if you did because you see advantages in such mindset.
>>
>>133473958
Oh, you're the sophisticated "figurative" christian who believes jesus "figuratively" rose from the dead. You're so much better than those damn fundamentalists.
>>
>>133474204
>You're so much better than those damn fundamentalists.
No I'm not. They have a place in our society just as I do. The important thing is that we have many things in common, so we should try to get along to protect these common things.
>>
>>133474314
Well I'm not disagreeing on that man, the problem is, we don't all need to pretend to believe stupid shit to defend our values. We can just choose to defend out values because they're, you know, our values.
>>
File: 1498323995001.jpg (132KB, 459x676px) Image search: [Google]
1498323995001.jpg
132KB, 459x676px
To me religion alongside with politics have been the training wheels of civilization, but as the society matures, it can see how the "training wheels" have started to hinder the ride.

I would like to see that great day when humanity will remove them and not forget, but place them in their respective pedestals in the history books by something that had helped us in the beginning of progress.
>>
>>133472023

God is a fairy tale mohammad
>>
>>133474459
>We can just choose to defend out values because they're, you know, our values.
The problem with that is that soon you have some moral relativist come here saying "what makes your values better than this dindu's?" Instead of starting to explain the benefits of my value system to his deaf ears, I can say "God told me so." I'd gladly explain them to those who would listen, but for many people the reasons need to be far simpler.
>>
>>133472023
Park shin hye is top tier woman crush material. She's great in many kdramas, which incidentally also reinforce conservative values and male supremacy through the romantic lens.
>>
>>133474782
No, when someone asks you what makes our values better you can just point him to the glory of the western world then point him to the shithole that is islam. that is what makes values societally beneficial. saying these values come from "God" diminishes them and tarnishes them, making it seem like just another unreasonable ideology instead of a set of principles upon which Civilisation can thrive.

Nothing wrong in saying "this is right because humans" instead of saying "this is right because God". We have observable evidence one of those is right.
>>
>>133472023
There has also been a wave of (((anti-Semitism))) in this new atheist generation
>>
>>133475181
Didn't you know that western success is a direct result of the evil whiteys oppressing the culturally and technologically more advanced Africans and Muslims? Everything whitey has is stolen. America was built by blacks.
>>
>>133475368
They'll always bitch, it doesn't matter.(White Man's Burden). We'll drag them along with us, first to Mars, then to the Asteroid Belt, then outside the Solar System, then outside the Galaxy. Because they're still humans, and humans rule.
>>
>>133476174
>then outside the Solar System
I'd rather we just ship non-europeans out of the system and be done with it
>>
>>133472023

Because judaic religions are ridiculous and people have realized that.
>>
Monotheism is a literal Jewish invention to control the masses.

Any believer is a sheep, Jesus even tells you so.
>>
God is just something backward nations use to keep order. Us civilized people have no need for such foolishness. Not even self proclaimed Christians in western nations care that much about God, at least not in the sense where they would sacrifice personal satisfaction for religious belief.
>>
File: 1425273172202.png (328KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
1425273172202.png
328KB, 800x778px
>>133472023
>>133472063
>>133472097
>>133472182
>>133472252
>>133472267
>>133472304
>>133472363
>>133472425
>>133472452
>>133472481
>>133472529
>>133472570
>>133472601
>>133472612
>>133472633
>>133472718
>>133472654
Bakunin makes a precise point that is attainable in the title of his "God and the State." God and the State are both surrogates for the Big Other. The social system is the Big Other. Capitalism is effectively everyone's God. It is only immanent because we continue to believe in it. Even those who do not "believe" in it are still subject to and must operate within it. This is how capitalism functions as theological idealism (in the worst sense of the word). Moreover, the expression "I do not believe in the Big Other" is from within modernity, and today's atheists think they know that God is dead (an idea derivative from Friedrich Nietzsche's seminal work Thus Spake Zarathustra), most of the time without even realising what Nietzsche actually meant by this statement (which is that what died with Christ was humanity's empirical guarantee; to put it simply, we are on our own now). What the typical atheists fail to realise is that, unconsciously, they continue to believe in God, even if they radically choose not to acknowledge it (and not confronting it is a problem).
>>
>>133472023
Its mostly cucked german posters
>>
>>133478519
My God, you made Nietzsche a Christian, what will you do next? Are you GOING TO DISNEYLAND?
>>
>>133472023
Most modern atheists are just Marxists. They replaced organized religion with the worship of an almighty welfare state that provides all for them.
>>
>>133472023
Why did you think anybody stopped? They're just less edgy about it now so you don't notice as much. Religion in the civilised world has been on a decline for centuries; this isn't anything new.
>>
>>133472023
by (((them))) are you referring to the authors of the abrahamic religions?
>>
atheism is the default state of human being, what are you talking about?
>>
>>133472023
We all know who's behind this
>>
>>133472612
i cant tell if this is ironic or not
>>
>>133472023
Nice bait thread. It's a matter of faith, which many don't have. Likely, it's because there are too many unanswered questions. Questions like:
>When a child gets terminal cancer, how does that fit into "God's perfect plan"?
>Why does "sin = suffering" seem to not affect everyone equally?
>Why wait 4000 years to send us an example of how to relate to him and do his will?
>Why is the genetic distance of whites and sub-saharan africans greater than that of subspecies of apes?
I could go on, but I think you get the gist.
>>
>>133472304
>don't care enough to discuss the subject
I've noticed this trend myself but it seems to extend to a lot of areas of life. There are very few people who will engage in topics beyond mere superficiality and some who will outright self censor. When I question them about it or their reasoning it usually comes down to not holding strong beliefs about anything or they're scared of being judged for what they espouse.
>>
Hate christianity all you want but admit to the fact that leaving its values are one of the causes for the degeneracy of western society.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.