[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people being enslaved by smartphones? Everywhere you go people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 17

File: 1984.jpg (396KB, 1200x897px) Image search: [Google]
1984.jpg
396KB, 1200x897px
Are people being enslaved by smartphones? Everywhere you go people only use that shit. Instead of having conversations, people pull their phone and keep looking at it instead of interacting.
>>
It's making me feel less weird desu. I was an Internet addict way, way before it was in.

It's kind of concerning though. People like me should be weirdos, not the norm.
>>
>>133459591
I'm quite the recluse yet when I go out and see 2+ people I know avoiding talking overall and fixating on smartphones it gives me a really bad impression. It's like they're hypnotyzed by those gadgets and would rather do whatever through them than socializing.
>>
>>133459591
put it this way, in a day where its the norm to be pathetic, it doesnt take a lot of effort to get ahead of the pack
>>
>>133460338
this
>>
What's better? Chick-fil-A or Taco Cabana?
>>
>Everyone today's just a zombie looking down at their smartpho-
>>
Why would i want to interact with some random people?
>>
>>133459139
>have nothing to say that people want to hear
>they have nothing to say that I want to hear
>eat, sleep, work, /pol/
>>
>>133460594
People were obsessed with hats back then. Cell phones are just the new hats.
>>
>>133460180
Yeah. I like how it leads to less risk of social interaction when I go outside but I know it's wrong kek. I like winter because of that too.
But fuck, think of the normies. The hell is happening to them?
What makes me mad is that the NSA is analyzing all of this. Building data models of society. Developing AI systems that can predict and control people. They probably have systems with a virtual AI agent representing everyone. Feeding them billions of datapoints per day.
Probably not just the NSA too. Marketing and financial firms too.
They are becoming omniscient.
>>133460338
Ahead in which way?
>>
>>133459139

They're turning humans into zombified cattle. Just as the Jew intends.
>>
>are people enslaved by a piece of technology they could easily just not use but adds so much functionality to their life and basically makes them demi-gods having information about any known thing readily available at their finger tips and being connected with the rest of the world

no they really aren't, you edgy fucking "i am 14 and thsi is really deep" retarded Luddite
>>
>>133459139
>people completely unrelated to each other are looking at their phones instead of talking to each other

Color me shocked. Fuck off money.
>>
File: skinner box.jpg (150KB, 584x337px) Image search: [Google]
skinner box.jpg
150KB, 584x337px
>>133460180

Operant conditioning, using psychological rewards and punishments. Normies will do this to themselves if you network them, because fickle and stupid.
>>
Look at all those teens missing out on the fun of waiting in line. in my day you just stood in line and thought about things till it was your turn. it built character
>>
>>133460766
I meant with friends who sit at a restaurant, then someone pulls their phone and the others also do. It's very odd for me to notice that because I'm shy but I kinda miss when people were more talkative. Now I feel like people are becoming more cold, and it's very unnerving. I love technology, all kinds of fascinating stuff but I also like learning about this psychological shit, the social engineering that is done, and I see them as something of the sorts. A very shiny object the cats can't look away from.
>>
>old fag here, even before cell phones were invented you never spoke to random strangers you just enjoyed the silence unlike today where you need to wear headphones to ignore other people's mundane phone conversations.
>>
>>133460700

Hats were popular since garbage was everywhere attracting pigeons that shit everywhere
>>
>>133461333
WTH is this BS? What's with all the smartphone shilling? NSA pls go.
There's a noticeable difference. You don't need to be such an old fag to experience it.
Yeah people weren't super social before, but a bit more so.
When your attention is constantly fixated on your online presence and random crap on your phone, of course it's going to distract you. You've got only so much shit to give.
>>
>>133461333
Smartphones are very good at being addictive. The internet as a whole is addictive and smartphones are a great vehicle for that.
>>
>>133461333
oath

Some boomer was rabbling on about how the NU GENERATION just stares at their phone and nobody communicates anymore.

I said I bet people didnt randomly talk to each other back in the day.

Gen X pipes in, yeah, nobody spoke to each other then.

Boomer BTFO.

Though the generation before the Boomers, the WW2 participants and just before/after, I think they were actually social people because they were still agricultural living in little towns, needing assistance from each other. The Boomers probably saw that and thought that was how life is meant to be, but they slowly broke that behaviour, and by Gen X it was completely gone.

Probably the growth of mega cities; nobody speaks to strangers in cities. The community where you knew your neighbour is gone, so there's no speaking to strangers.
>>
File: zuckerbergfacebook1.jpg (263KB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
zuckerbergfacebook1.jpg
263KB, 2048x1364px
Zuckerberg looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his blue shirt as he enslaved people to the matrix. Very very disrespectful.
>>
>>133461874
Zuckerberg literally looks demonic in many pictures. Not sure if it's his pupils, if he's under the influence of something, it just looks unsettling to me. Dead serious.
>>
File: 1496015701214.jpg (227KB, 1358x614px) Image search: [Google]
1496015701214.jpg
227KB, 1358x614px
>>133459139
Ten years ago I was getting shit from my parents for looking at my phone while talking to them.

Today I can barely get them to look up from their ipad screens when I'm visiting for dinner.

I'd say yes.
>>
>>133460498

Chick-fil-a hires human beungs and my order is always right. Cabana hires sub-humans and i've litera;y never gotten exactly what i ordered.

sorry typinf with oneb hand because i just got done jacking off and my other is covered in jizz and lotion. am i the on;y one who immediately closes all tabs and then comes to niggerchan while leaving jizz on my hand because im lzy and my priorties are fucked?
>>
>>133462060
looks like a vampire there Tbh
>>
File: Burnt Face Man.jpg (45KB, 696x309px) Image search: [Google]
Burnt Face Man.jpg
45KB, 696x309px
>>133459139
I don't want to have a conversation. And I didn't want to have a conversation before the advent of the smartphone.
>>
Why the fuck do they bend their neck in such an akward position? Just hold the phone up infront of you.

You can at least see where your going then.
>>
File: SH-OzNoy[1].jpg (61KB, 1140x353px) Image search: [Google]
SH-OzNoy[1].jpg
61KB, 1140x353px
>>133462060
He has those weird demonic looking eyes like Oz Noy. No offense meant to Oz Noy, it's just the way I see it.
>>
File: 111.jpg (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
98KB, 800x600px
>>133462060
Vampire Kike
>>
>>133459139
Nigga I didnt converse with random people before smartphones and neither did after smartphones
>>
>>133459139
>tfw ADD
>tfw in situations as in op's pic I just look around a bit
People think I have no friends because I am not constantly fiddling with my phone
>>
>>133459139
Humans in the western world are in hive-mind group addiction to social media internet.

Market Penetration has long since past fad. We have reached cultural norm in like what 4 or 5 years?(for smartphones)
>>
>>133462398
>I'm socially awkward so it's okay
>>
>>133459139
why would I want to interact with random people?
>>
>>133462398
I don't mean randoms having a chat, I mean people who know each other might pull a phone during a meetup, and then BANG everyone goes check their own phones instead of interacting. People didn't do that with anything else, so comparisons like this aren't fitting at all >>133460594
>>
File: received_1498985013478586.gif (342KB, 257x292px) Image search: [Google]
received_1498985013478586.gif
342KB, 257x292px
>>133462060
I've always thought that Zuck the cuck looked like what people describe lizard people within a artificial human body would look like. His skin looks like fucking rubber and his eyes are dead as fuck, that and in videos of him talking to industry orofessionals and astronauts and shit he has the social skills of a helmet wearing retard 6 year old, classic signs of a poorly socially acclimated lizard person. That and he wears the exact same outfit every day like a fucking autist
>>
>>133462480
To widen your perspective.
>>
File: uh oh they found me.jpg (36KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh they found me.jpg
36KB, 470x353px
>>133462539
I don't think he's a lizard but being in those globalist circles, he's probably neck deep into occult shit, that stuff changes people
>>
>>133459139
No, people are just scared of human interaction, that's why they bury their heads in their phones. These kids are afraid to look at someone in the eyes.
>>
File: suckerbergs symbol.jpg (127KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
suckerbergs symbol.jpg
127KB, 560x560px
>>133462705
The symbol on his clothes looks a lot like the chaos pagan symbol
>>
When have you ever struck up a worthwhile conversation while waiting in line? I make a point of not hovering over my phone like this and have benefited from it maybe twice in the past five years. If you want to talk to people, go to a bar. If you're too precious to go to a bar, go to church.
>>
>>133461167
Top kek
>>
File: chaos paganism .png (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
chaos paganism .png
34KB, 600x600px
>>133462877
well it's missing the horizontal one, so not the exact same
>>
>>133462480
>>133462955
see >>133462497
>>
>>133459139
It's a symptom of living in a condensed area of humans, you faggot. We don't have the capacity to know more than a couple hundred people. If not for smart phones the vast majority of sheep would be looking at their feet instead.
>>
>>133461874
kek
>>
>>133460623
In the US talking to women you don't know is rape. Eye contact isn't quite rape but is still considered harassment.
>>
>>133462877
it is a jew star
>>
>>133459139
Yeah OP these people are really missing the naturally beauty around them in this food court chic-fil-a line.
>>
>>133463528
For you maybe.
>>
>>133462060
It's the Semitic eyes. They don't have souls.
>>
The generations to come will lose their ability to interpret social cues and physical mannerisms which are essential to human communication. The result will be further withdrawal into microcosms which are completely under the individual's absolute control.
>>
File: neolit%20(1).jpg (96KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
neolit%20(1).jpg
96KB, 700x300px
>>133463392
>We don't have the capacity to know more than a couple hundred people
Yep. Dunbar's Number.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar's_number
>>
>>133463802
Technology is evolving so fast that robots and AIs will likely replace humans in the next generation anyway, so this whole tech addiction won't make a difference.
>>
File: emot.jpg (180KB, 594x600px) Image search: [Google]
emot.jpg
180KB, 594x600px
>>133463802
But they'll have emoticons instead.
>>
>>133461173
I make it a point, whenever I'm sitting or around another human being I don't pull out my phone. I am always off of it in public. When alone, yea I pull it out. I am also very unsociable, this is hard for me, but the alternative is so fucking annoying when you are having a conversation and the other person is just checking their phone
>>
Yes that's why I gave mine up.
It feels emasculating staring at a tiny screen like that.
You guys should try it, it's very freeing. You like freedom don't you?
>>
>>133464153
ive never had a smartphone before
>>
>>133459139
> Are people being enslaved by smartphones?
No, they are being enslaved by the internet. Cheap world-wide internet made information invaluable.
>>
>>133463802
so the future belongs to autists?
>>
>>133464042
Keep dreaming. That scenario is at least 50 years away.
>>
>>133464226
That's good.
I had a few before I realized how bad they were.
Now I just have a GPS in my car and I don't even miss it anymore. I never really used apps in the first place so it wasn't a big transition for me.

BUT, when I travel, I might take one with me because of how convenient they are and mobile internet.
Day to day life though? nah.
>>
What are they looking up on the phones ?
Are they seeking knowledge or just entertainment
>>
>>133464669
They are trying to drown out the pain of being surrounded by diversity
>>
>>133460180
It's going to cause mass autism and if there are internet outages people will go insane.

Every day I pray for a new Carrington Event. I have ham radio so I'll still be shit posting.
>>
>>133464669
they are sedating themselves with le funny reddit kitsch and/or posting narcissistic advertisements on jewbook to garner the approval of other insect normies
>>
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>133464758
I had an old woman step in front of my car, she was so fixated on her phone.
I managed to swerve around her and not run her down.
>>
>>133465076
That's a shame
Think of the tax savings
>>
>>133465076
Thunk of the hassle for me, just smashed some old lady up.
>>
>browsing this thread on my phone rn in public
>>
>>133459139
For me, so many people waiting in line for fast food is pathetic, not tapping their phones
>>
fuck i want some blessed chicken
>>
>>133462497
I'm an introvert and in general don't like talking just to talk, but I like to discuss actually interesting things. I most likely won't spark a conversation with somebody I don't fully know, but I'll respond surely.
That said it's straight up fucked people just disengage randomly and go check their phones. I mean WTF, unless you're taking a break from speaking as a whole why would you suddenly just get glued to phones? This seriously sounds fucked up to me and I spend much time on phone/PC.
>>
File: 1453659650505.jpg (45KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1453659650505.jpg
45KB, 500x333px
>>133462877
>2010 was 7 years ago

Holy shit, is this what it feels like to get older?
>>
>>133459139
I've made a pact with myself somewhere when I was 21 to never check my phone when I'm in a waiting room or something. Now I noticed the people not checking their phones actually make small chit-chat, which is more enjoyable cuz you talk with people you usually don't talk to. They're usually like 40+, so they got some life wisdom I'm always curious about and how to raise kids etc.

The funny part is, I make apps for a living.
>>
>>133459139
Hey I know that place! That's the food court at University of Texas.
>>
>>133462060
Its the Jew blood. I noticed this long ago I could tell if someone had Jew blood if I look in their eyes. They all have an evil look in their eyes.
>>
>>133459591
It actually makes me feel even weirder. I spend an unhealthy amount of time in front of the PC, but I am still capable of just meeting with friends and talking to them without pulling my smartphone out of the pocket all the time.

They aren't, so if I am already addicted, what does that say about them?
>>
>>133460594
Do you think these people would pull their newspaper out of their pockets mid conversation to check some article while you are still saying something?
Because that would be the equivalent of what's happening with smart phones.

I am not so much weirded out by people who play around with it while waiting in line or sitting in the bus.
I definitely do find it weird as fuck when they sit down at the table with their friends and the first thing they do is put their phone on the table, display up, to ensure that they can immediately react when something comes in.
>>
>>133460498
It's spelled Chic-fil-a in this timeline. Also Taco Cabrones.
>>
>>133462060
He must be a redhead, maybe has that weird, twitchy eye thing some of them are afflicted with.
>>
>>133463802
I can for sure tell you that people are already losing their ability to form coherent, grammatically correct sentences because all they do is spam one liners on chat apps and social media.

I work in academia so I get to spend a lot of time on going through their reports and so on - and it's fucking terrible. Reads like the fucking ebonics of my mother tongue.

>"Oh, I don't bother to type properly in mails and so on, but I can totally still do it. When a situation arises where it's necessary, I will pay attention."
Turns out they can't because skills diminish if you don't hone them every now and then.
>>
>>133465190
The problem isn't looking at your phone when you have nothing better to do.

The weird thing is people just randomly disengaging from ongoing social interaction to pull out their phone and so some random shit on it. As if the "Hi" message on WhatsApp is so important that you absolutely cannot wait 5 more minutes before you answer it.

People weren't even that obsessed when it was just regular mobile phones, without the internet aspect. Often enough they'd just mute it when they met up with another person as to not be interrupted.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.