[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our doctors are getting dumber, pushing those who are passionate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: medschool.jpg (126KB, 1286x383px) Image search: [Google]
medschool.jpg
126KB, 1286x383px
Our doctors are getting dumber, pushing those who are passionate about health science to the Ph.D road. All in the name of (((diversity))).

"'Previously, medical schools were focused upon excellent preparation for biomedical sciences," says Dr. Anthony McGreggor Crowley, a college adviser at IvyWise who used to serve on the Harvard Medical School admissions committee. "Over the last 15 years or so, there has been more emphasis on balance, meaning that premedical students now need to focus on these foundational biological courses and on the humanities.'

Crowley says the shift is also reflected in the new MCAT, which now has a new subsection: Psychological, Social and Biological Foundations of Behavior."
>>
It's no wonder we need to help minorities. They couldn't achieve anything on their own.

The only think keeping america from having an average iq near a failed African state is abortion.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>133392706
The real redpill is donating to Planned Parenthood. The biggest organization doing the most good for america as a whole.
>>
>>133392706
It's pretty funny you say "we need to help minorities" as if you're actually in a position of power. Big man on the internet.

>>133392554
"Our doctors are getting dumber". Nah, it's just that medical schools are also selecting for social intelligence alongside academic intelligence now.
> hhuuuuuurrrrrr the MCAT has a humanities section that means the end of the world
> MCAT still has major science focus
> GPA still major hurdle to get in
Also how'd you make the retarded conclusion that testing for social intelligence somehow helps minorities? The evidence is clear that interviews tend to introduce a bias towards white people. It's like you've read one blog post and decided you've figured it all out.
>>
>>133392554
Did you even understand the data you posted? Literally shows white people get in on lower MCAT scores than Asians and Hispanics, which fits the well known theory that whites are advantaged in the interview process. Jesus, you're so dumb you posted a refutation to your argument as your picture
> doctors are getting dumber
> no, you're just too dumb to understand things
>>
>>133393467
Yea maybe you're right. In order to perform surgery, knowing about "social science" will help tons. I bet it'd help a lot more than taking an extra course on biology or chemistry. Finding out what's wrong with Ms.Elenor? Gosh if only I was awake in social inequality instead of microbiology.
>>
>>133392873
anon-kun speaks the truth. PP is doing the lords work boys
>>
>>133393911
I said "minority" to be polite. I meant blacks. I think it was quite obviously implied. Do (((you))) understand the data I posted? There is a concentrated effort to boost up low performing students into medical school if they have a certain skin color. Hispanics are boosted up a shitton. same with blacks. Whites and asians are kept down.
>>
File: 1416672176513.jpg (268KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1416672176513.jpg
268KB, 1366x768px
>>133393911
Stop shuckin and jiving long enough and you might realize his actual point jigaboo.
>>
>>133394041
You're making the retarded assumption that it's a binary one or the other situation.
> med schools select on academic ability and social intelligence and you can't understand how some people have both
> can't see how knowing how to talk to a patient could be helpful
Dude just because you're autistic doesn't mean medical students have to be also.

Also the surgery reference is straight up dumb. Becoming a surgeon is hyper competitive. Often people need a phd (in a medical science hurrrrr who would have guessed) to be accepted into a surgical residency. Then you have to prove you're capable with some of the toughest exams and training on the planet.
>>
i will never ever be seen by a nonwhite nonmale medical professional other than a nurse or if its an emergency situation
>>
>>133394367
>>133394605
Blacks get affirmative action. Hispanics and Asians don't. Whites perform worse than Asians and Hispanics but get in because they get a bias in the interview. Blacks worse than everyone because nig. None of this is a conspiracy and it's been well studied. If you want to talk about affirmative action that's cool, it sucks.
> inb4 you post a photo from the Internet and expect to be treated like someone presenting a thesis
>>
>>133395089
>Only blacks get unrepresented minority status

You're lying, my good abo.
>>
>>133394672
Mate you're a dumb fucking nigger. Don't breed. Our doctors are in a highly competitive field, with only a couple hundred admitted per medical school a year. They are trained for over a decade with the purpose of keeping people fucking alive. It takes a lot of skill. Selecting people because they're niggers, or spics, instead of whites or mooks because """diversity""" is iresponsible.

You want to know how to fucking talk to patients? You fucking talk to them. You don't need to read a goddamn cousebook on social disparities to understand or treat people. It's a waste of time for a medial professional that's there to save lives. A medical school picking it's students based on scores in these more then useless fields will dilute the medical field of great potential doctors.
>>
>>133394948
That's cool. But flyover country doesn't really have any doctors left that are white or ethnic, they've all moved to the cities.
>>
>>133395480
>But flyover country doesn't really have any doctors left that are white or ethnic
The majority are white, yes. You've never visited any US hospital, have you?
>>
>>133395444
Yea except that only happens for blacks.
> Asians and hispanics have to demonstrate higher science competence because they do worse in the interview than whites and you somehow think this is a bias towards diversity.
Blacks are a whole different story. That's affirmative action and it's shit
> selecting people because they're niggers or spics
Again, only affirmative action applies to niggers. You're so upset and yet know so little.

Did you know there's an entire field in academia dedicated to analysing which students make the best doctors?
> inb4 I have common sense and know everything there is to know about the medical admissions process despite only ever getting a high school diploma
> muh conspiracy against whites
>>
>>133396171
>Yea except that only happens for blacks.

Did you even look at the OP graph? Or are you just blind?
>>
>>133395811
Another great demonstration of how shit American comprehension is. I'll put it simply:
> doctors continue to leave your flyover shitty town because you cunts are too poor to afford good doctors
>>
>>133396285
Did you? Asians and Hispanics have higher entrance scores for the MCAT followed by whites then by blacks.
> didn't read the graph or doesn't understand it and tells other people they don't understand it
HahHahhahaha
>>
>>133396446
That's strange. Considering. You know. The facts.
http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/compensation/2016/public/overview#page=5
>>
>>133392554
Isn't this chart just saying niggers are dumb and that smart niggers are rare?
>>
>>133396788
Nah saying if you're black or Hispanic you have a much much higher shot at being admitted to medical school. Especially if you have poor marks.
>>
>>133396788
Yea. Also shows Asians and Hispanics outperform whites in MCAT and GPA but OP is too triggered to read properly.

>>133396782
Flyover country isn't entire states, it's the shitty little counties between cities.
>>
>>133396596
You're fucking graphically illiterate mate. The trend is staring you right in the face yet you're so fuckingdumb you can't see it.

Hint: look at a per GPA per MCAT comparison of all the different races.
>>
>>133396917
Hahahahhahaha you don't know how to read data.
> average scores for Hispanics and Asians for both GPA and MCAT need to be higher than whites for admission
> you read this as they have a lower score somehow
Are you illiterate?
>>
>>133396917
The way in seeing it is

>10 niggers get good enough scores
>half get in because population disparity

Obviously diversity enters a little but, but it's not like an equal amount of niggers and whites are becoming doctors. Also the whites are held to higher standards, so hire whites to fix yo sheit.
>>
>>133396596
they have higher average scores. probably because the schools take less white students in the upper ranges to take more hispanic, black students.

AKA if you're white you better score between 30-32 or else you have less than 50% chance of getting in.
>>
>>133397216
Yes. Average for admitted. Meaning: per person a Hispanic does better on the MCAT then someone who is white.

But comparing the same scores I.E. A Hispanic and a white with the SAME MCAT and the SAME GPA the spic has 5X shot at being admitted.

Feels good, being white, helping out some disabled child on the internet read basic data.
>>
File: spurdosparde.gif (796KB, 498x466px) Image search: [Google]
spurdosparde.gif
796KB, 498x466px
>>133392554
>every individual piece of data on ethnicity ends up like OP's picture
>lol u guys theres no difference in race
>>
>>133397134
You have to account for how many of each race make up the general population. All it's saying is there are more whites applying for medical school, meaning there are a lot of smart whites and few spics and asians (though you have to account for there being less applying since there are less to choose from).
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.