[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm losing my ability to debate leftists, /pol/.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1473527839529.jpg (62KB, 958x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473527839529.jpg
62KB, 958x720px
I think I'm losing my ability to debate leftists, /pol/. I still have a firm conviction in my mind that marxist thought is wrong and will not lead to positive results, but at the same time I'm personally really bad at arguing with people, and when it is time to debate, I get trashed and end the confrontation looking like and feeling like an idiot. Should I just withdraw from trying to debate politics entirely? I'm not even confident anymore that my own positions may be correct.

tl;dr how do you debate individual leftists who are smarter than you?
>>
>debating people
do you have a job anon? you got nothing else to do in your free time?
>>
>>133318865
I debate people online when im home from work
>>
>>133318754
You should never enter into a debate without first knowing your core values and why you believe in them. Stick to your core values. Typically you are going to go for the defense in a political debate. Leftists are great at attacking but are horrible for defending their flaws without changing the subject. Once you find a flaw of their, stick to it and beat it until they realize they may be wrong. You do this, little by little until they start feeling like they are losing the debate. They will go all out. Refute their points, learn statistics, tell them they aren't thinking ahead enough in the future every time they try to claim what is best for humanity. Always tell them they aren't thinking ahead enough. I've made plenty of leftists go bat shit crazy and lose a debate by that simple trick.
>>
>>133318754
>a leftist that's smart

They're literally mentally ill
>>
>>133319125
What if I can't identify their flaws?
>>
>>133318754
>leftists
Call them "anti-white," O.P.
>>
>>133320357
they're proud of that, though
>>
>>133320238

Then why are you debating them?? Are you serious here, anon? Or is this just another progressive shill thread?

If you cannot identify their flaws, then obviously you do not have a grievance with them. That means you probably agree with them and are just being a contrarian asshole.

There is a reason why the neolibs are almost literally spawns of Satan. Progressives with their identity politics and insidious methods are ruining the west.
>>
>>133321242
The problem I'm having is that they bring up a point that I'm not sure I entirely agree with, I feel it's wrong but can't get past their logic. I don't know how to reconcile that with the idea that I'm not a leftist nor do I want to be one, but when I lose point after point because of my lack of self-confidence, I'm afraid I'll "break" and become a SJW commie cuck
>>
>>133321463

It is hard to say, anon. I have had issues with self esteem in the past myself. Just remember this. If your beliefs lay upon a solid bedrock of truth, then you will not easily lose, and if you do lose, it will be through sneaky emotionally charged techniques. For awhile I would fall for their guilt trips. They use those as debate steamrollers to crush you if they feel threatened. Just remember if you have a bevy of facts and fundamental and timeless truths on your side, you will not lose. Also if they steamroll you with their emotionally charged bullshit, weather it and continue talking with them sanely and rationally. This will usually infuriate them. They usually end up saying you are not worth any more of their time and leave in a huff.

See, the progressives are slowly starting to come to an unsettling and terrifying reality. They never actually had the moral high ground. They conflated sentimentality with morality and ethics. Now that people are picking their methods apart, the tower of bullshit that seemed so solid even a few years ago is starting to crumble.

Do not beat yourself up, man. Be strong and gird yourself. God puts every man and woman on this earth for a reason. That reason is not for earthly glory, but for a reason that only He knows. Just got to give yourself to the plan. This is hard, as we are fallen and do not want to conform ourselves to another's will, even if that other is God. He can give you the grace.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.