[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on "traveling" and "seeing the world".

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 42

File: IMG_1146.jpg (44KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1146.jpg
44KB, 512x288px
Redpill me on "traveling" and "seeing the world".

It feels like empty, consurmerist bullshit.
>>
>>133190580
That's because it is.
>>
>>133190580
This. Go to Paris if you want to be raped and cannibalized by niggers.
>>
"seeing the world" for a roastie is riding foreign dick and going full whore without people back home knowing about it
>>
>>133190580

As opposed to what? It seems far less consumeristic than buying a house and car. That is of course if you do it by yourself and not through some shitty tour group.
>>
t. English teacher travelling to Japan
>>
One should travel with no possessions but whats really necessary.
A bag, canteen, leatherman tool, and your paperwork, what else do you need?
>>
File: Travel nationalism.jpg (945KB, 1591x3502px) Image search: [Google]
Travel nationalism.jpg
945KB, 1591x3502px
>>133190580
This pic explains it all.
>>
>>133191185
A big bank account.
>>
>>133190580
Do it if you want to. Don't do it if you don't.
>>
>>133191300
That meme is wrong because the multiculturalism shown is only in western countries.
>>
it's a double edged sword. if you really never leave your home town than your risk becoming a blumpkin but it's true that a lot of it is consumerist memes.

i've traveled to nice white countries like Ireland, Canada, Sweden (barely white) but I would love to visit Japan. That's about it honestly I don't care for Europe too much or Africa or Australia or south Asia or China
>>
>>133190580
I find it fun to see other countries architecture, experience their cuisine, and explore the wilderness of their country. Of course only European countries and some Asian countries.
>>
>>133191442

A lot of the shitty third world is 'multicultural' in that different ethnicities and cultures are forced to live together within post-colonial national borders. The difference is that it's not a state policy as enforced in Western nations.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>133191532
>pic related
>>
>>133190580
If you travel over here you can stay at my house. I'll dress you up like a girl through and administer spankings.
>>
>>133190580
One of the best things you can do with your life, is live in a foreign country for a few years. But yeah travelling is empty consumerism.
>>
>>133191567
>>133191532
Idk, I was more talking about the general meme of western liberals thinking traveling is the greatest thing ever and you're nothing unless you've been to Prague or wherever. It just seems like status signaling while they're acting like they're not huge consumerist drones.
>>
>>133190580
Seeing as only dumb broads and beta males do it just to post pictures and feel superior, it probably is vapid consumerism.
What do I know though, I sit in my apartment most of the day
>>
>>133191769
Only if you call me gill and let me cum on your natsoc flag
>>
Why would seeing the world be empty bullshit? The world is a big place there's lots worth seeing.
>>
>>133190580
"Traveling" and "Seeing the world" for women consists of taking selfies and taking so much cock it can be measured in miles. For men it mostly consists of drug use and hookers.
>>
>>133191567
This

It really isn't anything life changing or sets you into a higher spiritual plane like it's made to seem, unless I imagine you're so intellectually bereft that it jerks you out of your thought patterns and you experience some kind of ego death that way - as if you were a roastie
>>
File: serboldman.jpg (20KB, 236x342px) Image search: [Google]
serboldman.jpg
20KB, 236x342px
>>133190580
Ah yes. You see, there is a difference, between travelling and tourism. Tourism is what you speak of. It is empty, hollow, lacking in meaning. Tourism is an industry. Crank the people in, sift through their pockets, send them on their way with bits'n'bobs as the local culture is slowly eroded to make way and accommodate this industry. Travelling is something different entirely. You are taking the time to learn about and understand the differences in a culture. This will involve learning a different language in order to truly appreciate. Don't travel to another English speaking nation if it's your first language. You'll assume that you share the same nuances in your language that you do with yoiur native people and it will cause headbutting with the locals. I've found that many people will be very kind and helpful if you're genuine in your attempts to understand their culture and language. It will be frustrating, embarrassing, and difficult. But if done correctly, you will have a deeper understanding of what it means to b human.
>>
I’ve been to over a third of the world’s countries.

Do it And get it over and done with in one hit and then get back to starting a career and raising a family.

You will find that everything posted here is true but it’s much better to see it I’m real life while fucking chicks every night rather than learn about it shitposting in your moms basement.
>>
>>133190580
try it you filthy nip. Y'all niggas dont ever leave your fucking basement
>>
>>133190580
It's nice to travel because you learn things that are hard to learn without the experience. I'm lucky I live in NYC so I can go to china town to experience how xenophobic chinks are, I can go to Washington Heights to experience how us hispanics make life hell for everyone else or I can go to a black neighborhood to die.
>>
>>133192086
I can vouch for that. From the Midwest and traveled to the West coast for half a year. Loved the nightlife hated the work opportunities
>>
>>133190580
Depends on what your goal is.

I am an urban designer/architect, and when I travel in Europe I walk the streets of old medieval towns and marvel at the organic, maze-like yet intuitive layout of the streets. When I go to singapore, korea, and japan I marvel at what central planning can achieve when done right. Old soviet nations show how architecture can be oppressive and dehumanizing. When am in America I am astonished by the diversity of city...from old New England towns to car cities like Houston or Dallas.

Looking at pictures and maps simple does not do it justice. In my work you need to understand how a city feels to be in. Travel is essential
>>
>>133192089

Depends on the country you go to, your state of mind, awareness of its history and culture, experiences you have, people you meet. If you go in like a retard, expect a dull experience.
>>
>>133190580
well it's the only world you'll ever get to see in your lifetime so why wouldn't you?
>>
>>133190580
Travelling is just fun consumerism, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>133190580
When Adam and Eve were expelled from Paradise, every man was condemned to wander the Earth forever.
>>
Sam Hyde already covered this

People who travel all the time are basically children that dont wsnt to grow up or work for a living, or ever produce something of value for society

If a woman ever says she travels, immediatly cut that off. That is code word for " i want to have no responsibility and fuck lots of men"
>>
>>133190580

Traveling was only cool when you got to plunder and rape when you got there.
>>
>>133190580
traveling to accomplish things is great

traveling to escape your shit liberal fucked up life and subsidising it by dealing week to other tourists is a fucking joke. this is what most travel bums you meet do
>>
>>133190580
Take it from me, there's nothing out there except communists, kikes and shitskins.

All things that are good and true are right there, in heartland America (not including the cities)
>>
>>133192460
>People who travel all the time
Thats a really big generalization.
>>
millennials spend three days following a tour guide around so they can brag on facebook about being "cultured"

its a joke
>>
>>133192460

Sam Hyde now works in a coffee shop too. Working into the grave on a 40 hour working week is a fucking meme and far detached from how people are meant to live.
>>
>>133190580

Nothing inherently wrong with it, but it's bougie as fuck when 20something trust fund kids do it and pretend like it's some life-changing experience.
>>
>>133192265
> you learn things that are hard to learn without the experience

Such as?

When a girl says that I know she's been fucked good.
>>
>>133192158
This.
>>
>>133191985
yes that's what I mean it's definitely a meme and people attempt to use it for status or signaling or whatever but if someone told me they traveled a lot, even more than me, I would just say "cool"

when I hear girls say "I want to travel the whole world omg" I take that as a flag that she probably hasn't done that much actual traveling before.
>>
>>133192460
Sam gets it right.
>>
>>133192353
Right; all summed up by: are you doing it for the right reasons.

If it's because you want to fill your hole, that's about as superficial as it can get. If you have a vested interest in it; it will be more meaningful to you

Honestly go with your gut. If a girl tells you how "life changing" it was, just ask a couple of "oh whys that?" Style questions to have her elaborate. If she can't think of anything not cliched she did it for Instagram likes. Get people's experience in traveling to see if it matches your motivations and expectations

Roasties only expectations are derived from the external, they lack hardly any conscientiousness
>>
File: IMG_2132.jpg (70KB, 458x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2132.jpg
70KB, 458x330px
Traveling is amazing, if you actually make an effort to learn about the cultures you're visiting or living in.

It's also part of the Western tradition, where noble elites would go on The Grand Tour to connect with the West's historical foundations.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is autistic.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 114x105px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 114x105px
http://rightwingnews.com/human-interest/woman-saves-30000-8-months-eating-trash-allowing-travel-world/

It's how the CHB's get their message out.
>>
>>133191985
You're completely right about that. There's a huge difference between people who like to travel because they're truly interested in seeing the world and people who "love traveling" just to post pics and brag on social media about how worldly and enlightened they are.

It just comes down to preference though. Would you rather spend your money on material items like a nice car, fix up your house, cool technology, etc. or would you rather spend it on experiences? It's all still consumerism, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>133192729
people who love "traveling" are always dull shits
>>
>>133190580
living outside of canada (in europe) for a while has made me a race realist compared to my fellow millennial canadians who many are outspoken self hating whites.
>>
>>133192829

I think >>133192158 summed it up well.
>>
>>133190580
It shows you how shitty 3rd world countries are AMD how all those brown bastards are taking over the USA quickly making us a shit hole like where they came from. in Peru there are rich white people and really brown people who are dirt poor thieves. but anywhere in South America they will take your stuff even if it's bolted down.
>>
>>133192158
True.
>>
I liked going to central Europe mainly Austria and seeing how fucked Italy is (comparable to the UK).
>>
>>133192682
it does change your life if you grew up as a suburban/urban spoiled kid.
>>
>>133190820
as shitty as paris is becoming its probably safer than any comparable size American city
>>
>>133192860
Hmm, yeah I haven't traveled to or around Europe yet. Honestly it's kinda overwhelming in its density and size. And I wouldn't want to do the tourist thing of going up the cities for a few days and stuff.
>>
File: advance white.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
advance white.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>>133190580
Traveling is only a part of gaining actual world knowledge. The true pill (pick a color) comes by how one chooses to experience the world. Though, I guess the same goes for how one lives at home.

Whenever I travel, I go to local pubs, restaurants, etc, and I talk to the locals... if they speak the same language. I drink local beer, dine on local cuisine. Hostels are cool because you'll meet other travelers and everyone can trade tales of their adventures.

Usually it's liberals who have never left their home country and they just believe whatever they wanna believe when they watch tv or talk to their friends whom have never left their little bubble.

For instance, the migrants being complete fucking savages.... put a liberal in a boiling shitpot in Europe, if they get robbed/etc, all the better, and see if their shit opinion changes.
>>
Travelling the world made me love my country even more.
>>
Anyone else never leave their state?
>>
>>133192994
Yeah, bretty good.

Made me realize as fucked as America is, it's home.

You don't notice culture until it's gone, and doing simple things like ordering food, talking to strangers in strange lands feels so alien.
>>
>>133192860

Solo travel away from big hotels and tourism is an aristocratic venture and a lesson in self-actualisation.
>>
It's kind of a meme. "Ohmigod you HAVE to visit this shitty basement pub in the Czech Republic whose name and location you will never remember!" And yes sometimes it's an excuse to be a roastie or fuck ladyboys.
However: There are truly enjoyable things to do and things to see outside of one's own country. Maybe you can witness Europe before it utterly falls to Islamic barbarism. See the cathedrals, countryside, monuments, things like that. Learning other languages is a very enjoyable and rewarding skill.
If I never left Canada, then I'd never ever be able to experience tropical beaches. For a long time I was afraid of leaving my country because of unfamiliar territory or not knowing the language. I've since been to USA and Mexico and enjoyed the experiences immensely.
>>
depends on how you do it. I learned a fuckton and figured out who I am and what I want to do via hitchhiking around the united states for a couple of years, and I got paid to do it via busking and flying signs. learn a lot about how the world works and interaction with all different types of people, from millionaires to crackheads. now I have literally no urge to travel past looking for a place to relax in a certain mood because there's nothing I feel I have to learn or experience.

going around the aisles of tourism dumping bucks is something else entirely.

protip: if you're taking pictures, your goal in traveling might lay outside of building your experience and knowledge and more within the realm of seeking attention and emotional affirmation.
>>
>>133193052
Will it change my life if I'm a rural and suburban retard?
>>
>>133190580
It's a meme for retards and womans
>>
>>133190580
Traveling is fine, sex tourism and cultural appropriation is degenerate though.
>>
>>133190580
It's pretty fun and a great way to experience different ways of living. Gives you an appreciation for what humans are capable of doing around the world when left to their own devices.
>>
>>133193081

I'm obsessed with history so going to Europe is like crack.

If you learn enough of the language to speak with the locals it's a lot more gratifying.

Also, if you spend awhile in Rome and Florence you'll get a good idea of where it all started.
>>
>>133193297
it all "started" in mesopotamia, not rome.
>>
>>133190580

>Be me
>Have good job, healthy bank account
>Travel to every continent, see 40 countries
>Get new job, travel to 20 more countries I've never been to
>Work buys me round the world ticket, stop on every continent
>Realize everyone is the fucking same
>Realize everyone just wants name brand clothing and to stuff their face into their phone
>Have airline mileage account good enough for at least 5 first class r/t tickets anywhere in the world

Only place I like to go now is 4chan
>>
>>133193265
yes
>>
>>133193127
The majority of American travellers i've met in Europe have been very liberal. The most liberal ones are always the ones who come to take selfies at tourist sites and end up eating at McDonalds at the end of the day. Young American travellers are truly a plague in Europe.
>>
>>133191532
If you want a tropical getaway and great food go to Phuket, Thailand. I went with a group of 5 friends, best time of my life. The best meals, the ones you get from the market and vendors, all cost less than $2 and huge beers cost $2-$3. The people know enough English because you are in a semi touristy area and it's surprisingly crime-free. I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact, I'm going back with my girlfriend and another couple.
>>
>>133193524
Cant be worse than shitskins though
>>
>>133193437
>Realize everyone just wants name brand clothing and to stuff their face into their phone
sounds to me like you stayed on the tourist track. you don't even have to leave the country to experience some people living a different lifestyle. go hang around the woods near statesville NC or lolo pass montana and see how they're living.
>>
>>133191185

So are you going to hunt with the leather man tool?
>>
>>133193421
>florence
i guess he means the modern era
anyway if you want to understand history of the west, visit churches
>>
>>133190580
uh, I travelled all over the world. every continent except Antarctica
first take away, it's smaller than you'd think, and the oceans are bigger than you think.
it gets repetitive. human creation is especially repetitive, but even if you see too many of nature's miracles they stop being miracles. Maybe I was wrong in my youth to perceive humanity as greater than it is, too- but our accomplishments are actually depressingly small.

bonus, I've physically verified that the world is round. ha. Flat earthers are stupid.

my travelling is why I'm on /pol/ now I think. After I was done with my 'legendary' world travelling of 'I can get hit with a bus now and die with no regrets', I first was all cocky and thought I'd settle in Hawaii. I was there less than a week before I said fuck this and finally returned to the continental United States.

With all the memories of everyplace I'd been tumbling around in my head I went on a big tour of the states, looking for childhood nostalgia of big american summer skies or something. When I was finished I crawled into this cheap cooler ground level apartment in no-place-important midwest with the bugs and threw away all my work experience for brainless night time janitorial work.

Now I just survive. Just breath and eat and shit and work. I've got no problem getting hit by a bus and dying now, but it isn't the kind of satisfaction that I thought it was going to be. When I close my eyes and go to sleep I send myself back in my mind to the mountains. Almost all mountains had this special quality of clarity to the air. Then I try my best to abandon all thought and memory. I imagine scrubbing my brain of all memory and the feeling that I know what's behind every rock, until I'm just floating in a big empty colorless void, and then I pretend my body just withers away into the void.
>>
>>133193421

True well Western civilization started in Greece, but Rome is super foundational, and in a much more direct way than Ancient Greece, which had more of an intellectual foundation. Rome literally imposed the West and its norms through Empire, and eventually Christianity too.
>>
>>133193577
They are more dangerous than shitskins. There are a lot of young americans teaching English in Europe preaching their SJW gospel to young Europeans. Before we kick out kebab Americans need to go.
>>
>>133191185
>not knowing how to weave your own bags from tall grass or how to clean leather and procure fibrous thread
>not knowing how to create water containers from elderberry or bamboo
>not knowing how to knap and needing metal tools
>needing papers to cross borders
doing it wrong
>>
>>133190580
>"Thy love abroad is spite at home."
-Emerson

Women do it because she wants to be associated with money, status and contradicting societal values that she can recant to ignore any single tradition that tries to "control" her. And she can do it on a shoestring while always subtly suggesting she deserves a richer man who respects "culture" (read: allows her access to more dick). It is mainly for novelty addicts.
>>
>>133192680

>Sam Hyde works in a coffee shop

wut
>>
>>133193065
>A fucking leaf
>>
>>133193575
desu I don't want a tropical get away at all. I live on the west coast and I have been to florida (possibly hell on earth) and hawaii (nicely tropical),

I want to see some cool historical imperial shit in Japan I wasn't just hopping on OPs balls that is literally one place I would like to travel if I were to ever leave my country one last time
>>
>>133190580
>get motorcycle
>learn to ride competently
>ride it around your country solo
>indulge in wilderness and solitude
>there is plenty to see out there anon
>>
>>133192829
>If a girl tells you how "life changing" it was
That's code for getting fucked senseless by some bloke she'll never see again
>>
>>133192689
Well it's pretty neat to see how people live and what their culture is like. You can't really understand that just by watching a documentary or reading about it, you have to experience it. I'm of the opinion that once you do experience those things it helps you better understand others and how they think and act.
>>
>>133193866

Yep, some anons were posting where he works now. Since the Adult Swim fiasco he's all fucked up and has become what he always hated.
>>
File: IMG_1893.jpg (57KB, 740x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1893.jpg
57KB, 740x813px
I grew up with a mother who worked for an airline so I got free flights from 18 - 23. I went to Japan and Europe and all over US if anybody wants to hear some stories.
The best part of traveling is the history of each place and unique experiences but if you are traveling to find yourself and spending thousands of dollars on it your an idiot. I travelled the world alone and never spent more than 200 in each place.
>>
>>133190580
Nothing wrong with traveling and seeing the world.
The problem is that women are so fucking self-absorbed and narcissistic, that they make it all about themselves. They don't give a fuck about the places they go. They just want to show the world that they were there, and tell everyone how spiritual it was.
>>
>>133190580

The only people I have ever known to travel in a worthwhile manner, and grow as a result of it, were people who were already self-aware and confident to begin with.

The rest have just been middle class flakes either directly spending or otherwise secure in the safety net of daddy's money getting drunk in exotic locales and at most throwing up on the architecture of Europe. Just a fun distraction to stamp onto their digital passport of their life's wonderful, false narrative.

Traveling to find yourself is like pouring one empty glass into another. If there wasn't any subtance to begin with, a change of scenery isn't going to make a difference.
>>
>>133190580
>red pill me on X
>x = travelling
dirty basement dweller, travel and learn
>>
>>133194027
this
>>
>>133193852
Kek. This.

>>133192829

... and this.
>>
>>133193749
greece civilization directly descends from mesopotamian civilization. no mesopotamia, no western civilization. the lines we draw in this instance are arbitrary, the only hard and true alternative source of civilization is the YRV in china.

I don't really care all that much how people want to think, I just like talking about it. I definitely consider mesopotamia the source of a few branches of civilization including western, the same that I consider the wealth and structure of rome to have branched into the HRE and byzantines, even though both nations are pretty different.
>>
>>133193690
I feel compelled to continue travelling because of this. What is there in the Untied States for me? Every job I ever had in the USA was literal slave tier. At least in other countries that arn't lifeless shitholes yet I can still have a somewhat respectable life.
>>
>>133193690
Sounds haunting

It seems like you've found peace through ceasing the journey. Are you bitter? Is there anything to look forward to?
>>
Travelling on your own is actually a very good way to develop confidence and problem-solving. I don't think travelling is just "a meme", it sounds like something that people claiming education is a meme. There's nothing bluepilled about learning mathematics, history, or literature. But if you pursue only certain aspects of education (especially gentle lies), you produce a pattern, which is what I assume the bluepill actually is. I would approach travelling the same way.

The best way to travel, I think, is to stay away from alcohol as much as possible, and go easy on the girls. Every self-respecting native despises lady-killers. You're acting as an ambassador for your nation, so do the things you want your nation to reflect. People will remember you and where you came from. Don't step on their crops; only trust people with more money than you have until proven otherwise.
>>
>>133190580
Women are just dumb cunts

I talked tohat an old family friend, who happens too be a psychologist, about my frustration, unemployment and friendlessness and she was kike "Just go on a vacation! Meet new people, relax!"
>>
>>133193164

Funny, for me it was the opposite. Going to other ethnically hemegenous countries makes me realize what a fucking disaster America has become. In some ways, Chinese cities feel more comfortable and natural to me than any American city with a large black population.
>>
>>133194101

>tell everyone how spiritual it was

Bingo. These are the same individuals that become obsessed with yoga. Total LARPing spiritualists.
>>
>>133192086
I don't agree. I never fucked a hooker and I've traveled around. Lived abroad, studied the language and culture, then came back.
>>
File: 1499709094487-pol.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499709094487-pol.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>133193831
>working this hard making stuff instead of just stealing it

step it up
>>
>>133194307
I envy you hungaros. based as fuck
>>
>>133193297
Rome is an overcrowded shithole and the locals hate any non Italians. The food was great and I enjoyed the art/cathedrals/Vatican but the locals act like you're shit and in their way constantly.
>>
>>133192158
This anon gets it, well said sir.
>>
>>133190580
When a girl talks about "traveling" she is speaking of going to foreign countries for foreign dick plus trinkets to prove she was there. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
>>133190828
You've probably never banged a chick while traveling. That sucks. It's one of life's greatest experiences
>>
>>133194446
you mean wealthy foreign dick
>>
File: average liberal.jpg (211KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
average liberal.jpg
211KB, 1080x1080px
>>133193524
Of course liberals only do the boring ass tourism shit. I'll run around and do that shit on day 1, get it outta the way to alleviate any 'wonder' about it, or answer questions back home about what it's really like, but the rest is all exploring.

Traveling is no joke, especially if done alone. If it's night time, I might prefer a crowded chain restaurant than some dark cafe or bodega.

For safety I'll wear a pair of gym shorts under my pants with my wallet and passport (i would never leave that shit unattended, not even in a hotel or hostel). My normal pants would carry my decoy wallet.... put in a few bucks, things that look like credit cards (foreign crackheads won't know at first), that way if I'm mugged, they get that shit.

Tell some liberal shithead that they need to be careful of random shitskins robbing them and they'll look at you as if you're a paranoid bigot. Like that black American who just got killed in a bar in Greece.... even if he really dindu, it shouldn't be a fucking shock.
>>
>>133193690
maybe you should write down everything if you know what's behind every rock.
>>
>>133190685
FPBP
>>
>>133194391
nothin to steal in the bitterroot mountains boy

but yes, no sense in reinventing the wheel
>>
File: 1396332913154.jpg (51KB, 499x382px) Image search: [Google]
1396332913154.jpg
51KB, 499x382px
>>133194101
My wife did nothing but take selfies of herself and update her social media when we were in Trondheim a couple of months back. It cracks me up that someone from Norway had to go and say that.
>>
>>133192158
whao, an actual non cancer post on /pol/
>>
>>133194481
>>133190828
Exhibit A: Cancun from March to May
>>
>>133190580
never do it with someone else. They will ruin the entire trip.
>>
>>133194310
I agree completely. I honestly think being in Japan made me become a white nationalist. I became jealous of their homogeneity and lack of distress over their demographic future.
>>
>>133193852
Beautifully put
>>
>>133194582

I hope she's hot, otherwise that must be a lonely life at home.
>>
>>133190580

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH573B1bkHI

I know its 2015 man but a broken clock is right twice a day. People who "travel" are incredibly selfish.
>>
File: pgfdes.png (39KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
pgfdes.png
39KB, 1000x893px
Three K's a day keeps the niggers away.

If you're 100% European descent aka white and you hate filthy niggers, dirty spics, kikes, arabs, furfags, gayfags, commiefags and all other scum on the earth as much as we do, you should join the Moon Central Discord Server. Introduce yourself in #introductions and answer our questions to get unkiked!

https://discordapp.com/ - invite/ - YvZen6k (Remove the - )

1, 2, 3, 4 I declare a race war!

Sieg Heil.!,
>>
>>133193775
Why do they think it's normal for them to constantly talk about politics even when they are in foreign countries?
All the yanks I met were constantly talking about muh drumpf.
>>
>>133191300
Beat me to it, but yeah that says it all. No need to see the world when it all looks the same
>>
File: 1484873190444.jpg (24KB, 316x286px) Image search: [Google]
1484873190444.jpg
24KB, 316x286px
>>133190580
I enjoy it only when I'm alone tbqh
>>
Depends on your area of interest. I spent about four years traveling in between HS and university studying religion; it was enjoyable, educational, productive, and all around an interesting experience that helped me orient myself before college. There's a lot to be gained from seeing the world, but it can also be vain and purposeless if you think you are going to "find yourself". The person who leaves is exactly the same person that returns. It definitely is shilled in western culture, especially by rapacious universities and their often worthless study abroad programs. Like any elite endeavor, people make it a status symbol and are often assholes about it. Of course, the attitudes of a minority of douchebags doesn't say anything substantive about the activity itself but I'm sure OP has already made up his mind in this regard anyways. I have a feeling you are the type of person to label anything you don't like (or haven't been fortunate enough to experience) as "empty, consumerist bullshit".
>>
>>133194267

It descends from Mesopotamian, but Mesopotamian descends from the early agricultural social norms that existed before Mesopotamian Civilization.

Greece, Rome, and Florence are the places where various components of "the West" as we know it today really started.

I suppose you could add Wittenberg too because the Protestant Reformation is extremely crucial to understanding the West as well.
>>
>>133194968
Isn't it lonely? Being in a foreign country alone, like being alone in a crowd. I think for me it'll be better with a buddy.
>>
>>133193997

Imperial palace is kind of lame, you don't get close enough to see more than a few glances of outer walls. In fact you can pretty much skip Tokyo if you go to Japan
>>
>>133194582
Lots of selfies in front of the Nidaros Cathedral I take it.
>>
young people who want a badge to signal their supposed intellect
mostly girls

inb4 just taking a vacation away from it all
>>
>>133194925
I'm convinced American SJWs are the worst in the world. Even in cuck countries like Germany the majority of young people have enough of a cultural base to not descend into full retarded SJW mode like Americans do. Almost every American ive met in Europe complains about the lack of "diversity". I think Americans are so lost and devoid of any connection to their country that they radicalize as fast as sandniggers.
>>
>>133190580

unless you go to Switzerland, it's mostly just an education in the spectrum of poverty and scam artists and pickpockets, and the stupidity and boorishness of drunken 20 somethings who could stumble drunkenly over a World Heritage site and have no clue about its history
>>
>>133193997
I just meant to say that southern Asia isn't all that bad if you go to enjoy the food and stay away from the really, really shitty areas.
>>
>>133192265
Chinatown or Flushing? Both are Shit holes
>>
>>133194310
Of course it's a disaster here, and while other places are impressive imagine being there for good; or somewhat long term at least. Unless you luck out with a social circle, you won't be accepted. You won't be able to effectively pair and raise a kid, connections will rightly seem out of reach. Almost like a perpetual visitor; shown kindness but never meaningful appreciation.
>>
>>133194055

He just sold like 300,000 worth of books

u got memed on
>>
>>133194008
>ride it in a straight line
>>
>>133195178
I know /pol/ has serious problems with women but this is a ridiculous notion. Men vanity travel just as much as women do, if not more so. Anyone who has ever been to any popular tourist destination would know this
>>
>>133195151

stop posting anytime

Tokyo is a must see for any Japan trip
>>
>>133191990
It's not that only beta males do it, it's just that real men don't travel and brag about it for everyone to know on social media. Then you'll only know about the betas that do it
>>
>>133193127
>local everything
hipster faggot detected
>i know a little cafe hidden in paris
>you wouldn't have ever been there
>it's fantastic
>>
>>133195207
>Almost every American ive met in Europe complains about the lack of "diversity".
Heard this shit from Canadians too. Like one girl who went to Italy and was lamenting how it wasn't very "multicultural" or diverse or whatever because all they ate there was italian food. Fucking dope, going to another country IS the diversity she sought! They want every country to be a homogeneous cosmopolitan shithole devoid of real culture.
>>
>>133190580

Woman want to fuck the world in all ways possible.
>>
>>133192868
The difference is, the ones who genuinely appreciate seeing the world will not go out of their way to talk about it. It will occur naturally in conversation. The vapid type will use every opportunity to compare something to shit they did overseas.
>>
>>133194794
She's beautiful. But like all beautiful women, they're expensive. Her narcissism is whatever. Her credit card is another story. I constantly limit it.

>>133195155
But of course. Beautiful Cathedral. Don't need her in the picture though to admire a fine piece of architecture. She got really bored when we went to go visit my family in Stadsbygd. Because there's nothing but farm land. But she had plenty of phone batteries and an okay connection to complain about it, I'm sure.
>>
>>133195273
Thats the big problem for the modern American. You can stay in a country that is quickly losing all identity, or try to live in a better place with an identity where you will struggle to be accepted and fit in.
>>
Like all things women say, yes, it's empty. They don't care about the world nor can they actually process the beauty of nature or enjoy sightseeing and new scenery on a level greater than "wow this is a great selfie background hehe!"

But as someone who just got into trucking, although it's just traveling my country (and getting paid for it), it's pretty cool. This country is unimaginably bigger than I imagined too. Also, fuck California. Nuke it.
>>
>>133192867
>http://rightwingnews.com/human-interest/woman-saves-30000-8-months-eating-trash-allowing-travel-world/

dafuq
>>
>>133193164
When I land in America I know it's America because it's the only place in the world with so many fatties
>>
>>133190580
its for whore to have casual AIDS with ``exotic'' cock
>its so different!
any whore who "loves traveling" is a massive red flag
>>
>>133191300
Nails it.
>>
it's good for those interested in archaeology and architecture and art

bad for basic bitches who want exotic dick and virtue-signalling self-portraits
>>
>>133193179
I hate those conversations with other travelers. What seems like an innocent discussion turns into a pissing contest
>>
>>133195273

Eh, I'm not concerned with making friends or "being accepted", I'm concerned with quality of life, safety, and raising children in the best environment possible. Unless there are some signs that things will drastically change in the US soon, I plan on moving to anither country to have children.
>>
File: 1373408999215.jpg (11KB, 242x209px) Image search: [Google]
1373408999215.jpg
11KB, 242x209px
>>133195670
>This country is unimaginably bigger than I imagined
Yea you sound like a dumbfuck trucker alright
>>
File: 1498365432022.jpg (322KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
1498365432022.jpg
322KB, 500x702px
>>133195101
it's actually quite peaceful. like getting to know your hotel night staff and bartenders is super /comfy/, getting food after the kitchen is closed/etc. when I travel I still pick cities that I have friends in but it is always nice to wonder cathedrals solo
>>
>>133195812

>he didn't have horse sushi in a 3-seat restaurant on the 4th floor of an abandoned mall in Kumamoto

Oh well, I bet disneyland was fun.
>>
>>133195747
>any whore who "loves traveling" is a massive red flag
The fake travelling culture among young people is totally ridiculous. Posting wanderlust memes is basically a normie calling card by this point.
>>
>>133195647
Yup. At the very least you can sequester yourself to a small community. Rural America seems to be the last bastion of American identity. It's pretty comfy, while a shame the metropolises of yesteryear are gone into cesspits of neoliberalism, I think you can have pockets of belonging.

Who knows? Maybe this is an era of a split America where cities become neo-Rome. Different, but at least kind of respectable if it drops leftism and becomes a reckoning force
>>
>>133193247
Taking pictures to post online**

I take loads of pictures. I love to capture the people going about their daily lives. Rarely do they every end up online
>>
>>133193617
>>Realize everyone just wants name brand clothing and to stuff their face into their phone
>sounds to me like you stayed on the tourist track. you don't even have to leave the country to experience some people living a different lifestyle. go hang around the woods near statesville NC or lolo pass montana and see how they're living.
Head off the beaten path of any place. Find people farming all day every day. Wow such interest
>>
>>133195101
I'm sure there's a beauty to it. The overwhelming sense of how little you are compared to the rest of humanity is staggering that first time you're swept away in a crowd of unrecognizable people you can't possibly hope to communicate with.
>>
>>133195685
Yes, unfortunately, this is the degeneracy we have come to.
>>
>>133195645
>Stadsbygd
Are you Norwegian?

>Because there's nothing but farm land.
I usually spend my summers in quiet towns in western Norway along the coast, where I go hiking, boating or fishing. It's just so relaxing and idyllic, at least the two days a year when the weather isn't total shit.

>But she had plenty of phone batteries and an okay connection to complain about it,
Does she have any positive qualities? I'd go insane with a wife like that.
>>
>>133191072
>Consuming money for a vacation that you'll forget about beyond the material pictures and consumer trinkets you purchase on that vacation is less consumerist than investing in transportation and shelter

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>133193437
Sounds like you saw alot of Chinese tourists
>>
>>133194507
>i

this guy gets it
>>
File: that feel lost in translation.jpg (7KB, 174x252px) Image search: [Google]
that feel lost in translation.jpg
7KB, 174x252px
>tfw obsessed with geography and reading random wikipedia articles about other countries cultures, people, history, cities, etc.
>When other people would be watching netflix or playing vidya I'm browsing through google earth and learning nearly useless facts about countries I'll probably never visit. Or I'm playing geoguessr.
Cannot fucking wait to have the time and funds to travel alone. Never left the east coast US in my life. Should be able to by next year. I want to live somewhere else for a while and see what it's all like in person.
>>
>>133194435
>Rome is an overcrowded shithole
>the locals act like you're shit and in their way constantly
I wonder why.. People in Barcelona, Venice, Brussels, etc are the same - mass tourism is fucking cancer
>>
>>133196064

By getting a better car you arrive sooner for work?

Dumb redneck.
>>
>>133194113
Quality post anon
>>
>>133195822
I agree. I just worry I would be a second class citizen and can't offer my children the best foot in our new land. But if I can guarantee those things I would go also. However, one more thing I would like is family beyond my nuclear. Leaving everyone behind goes against my values of maintaining familial ties
>>
>>133190580
it is if you go to live in luxury. if you respect the place and people you are visiting then maybe it isn't bad, provided that you use the knowledge you gain through travel and apply it to bettering your own community.
>>
>>133193138
made me kek.
thank you based shimazaki
>>
>>133190580
>>133190580
depends on where you are from. if youre in the best country in the world, theres little reason to leave it and only a handful of countries worth seeing. why would an american want to go to vacation in the middle east, africa, or worse, paris?
>>
Places I want to go in life
>Church of the Holy Sepulchre
>Reims Cathedral
>Rome
>London

That'd be enough
>>
File: shit opinion.jpg (44KB, 502x794px) Image search: [Google]
shit opinion.jpg
44KB, 502x794px
>>133195450
Haha, I'm a hipster for wanting local shit? It's the best quality of goods. After drinking a Heineken in Holland, and then drinking it literally 12 time zones away, it was like night and day.

Stop trying to be cool, you little nothing.
>>
>>133194748

I understand completely. People talk about culture shock when going to east asia, but the shock is coming back. Flying into LAX and having to see, hear, and smell niggers for the first time in months makes me want to hop back on the plane to somewhere sane.
>>
>>133195958
But for suburbanites or city dwellers a rural community might as well be a foreign country. You could have the same difficulty fitting in like in a different country. No matter where you go its bound to be a struggle to get accepted somewhere.
>>
>>133190580
Hey nip can you redpill me on how japs see latinos in their own country? Im fairly white (kinda like andy garcia) and look like mix between spanish an italian, (my maternal bloodline is pure italian)
>>
>>133196105
>When other people would be watching netflix or playing vidya
Grow up, you sound like a fucking faggot
>>
>>133196217

>telling someone they're nothing while bragging about drinking Heineker

literally kill yourself
>>
File: chocolate-killer.gif (1MB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-killer.gif
1MB, 300x159px
>>133194481
He still has a point, though.
>>
>>133190580
I like to go hike. Walking boots, tent, some essentials and travel through the forests of Scandinavia.

Me and my woman do it a few times a year.
>>
>>133196031
On my father's side, I'm half. My grandparents are from that area and her family has lived on that land for generations. I try to make it a point to go there every 5 years; if work permits. Beautiful country and people. Wish everything wasn't so damn expensive, but I understand why.

Min forståelse av språket er dårlig. So as a result, I might have the blood. But I don't consider myself Norwegian. Language is crucial to culture.
>>
File: 1497475761066.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1497475761066.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
>>133190685
fpbp

>>133191072
>That is of course if you do it by yourself and not through some shitty tour group.
>muhh special snowflake backpack tourisms meme
There is absolutely no difference. Tourists fuck up one place after the other, not matter what kind of backpack they have. Ask Croatia, which was the "insider tip" a bunch of years ago.
The effects of you fucking tourists is that locals have shittier life, higher prices on everything, from housing to not finding a fucking shop for normies, since they all closed and in their place you get fucking souvenir shops.

Tourists are the worst.
Stay the fuck where you are.
>>
>>133195343
>stop posting anytime
one of my favorite memes. thanks guy
>>
>>133196269
I'm not saying that in a superior or pretentious way. That's just what I like to do with my free time.
>>
>>133195343

I thought Tokyo was completely tedious, but then again I've seen a ton of big cities. I have no reason to go back there if I return to Japan.

Sure, spend a few days there if it's your first time in the country, but that guy said his goal was to see imperial history- you can do better than Tokyo for that.
>>
>>133196442
>>133196031

On a different note, I forgot to ask. I plan on obviously going back in a couple of years as previously stated. Any recommendations for vacation?
>>
>>133190580
If you want to see the world just because you're complacent in or hate your life, you're going to have a bad time.

If you want to see the world to have fun and meet some new people, you might have an ok time.

If you want to see the world because you're doing business.....it's going to be fucking great.
>>
>>133193273
Womans, childs and others persons
>>
>>133196477
>I'm not saying that in a superior or pretentious way
Yes, you are. If you just wanted to describe what you do with your free time (which no one gives a shit about anyways) you would have done so, rather than include that little blurb about how you're SO DIFFERENT THAN MOST KIDS YOUR AGE UGH
>>
>>133195293
>He just sold like 300,000 worth of books
>u got memed on
>>
>>133194631
Well yea, check OP's flag
>>
>>133196478

Tokyo isn't like other big cities, if only because you won't get stabbed by wandering around at night.

Also it has good museums (Edo-Tokyo for instance).
>>
Best street food in the world is in Southern Asia btw.
>>
>>133190580
I've been all around Europe and quite a few places in Asia.
Here's your "redpill" op:
Traveling most places is a pain in the ass. Any of the so-called "wonders of the world " are filled with tourists just like you. Cramped, crowded, smelly, irritated tourists hustling along taking selfies and sneering at each other while the locals fleece the fuck out of 'em.
Then if you do manage to get off the beaten path and be a hipster visiting some "cool out-of-the-way" spot, the locals outright despise you and make your life miserable. Most hipsters who talk about visiting some cool place are either lying or fabulously rich enough to not have to deal with the common scum. Yes, if you go to Paris and are willing to spend 17€ for a beer, a taxi to drive you through the slums at 100km an hour you'll have a blessed time and go back home talking about the city of love. There's a reason most people don't have those experiences. Most people aren't the elite.
The best places I've ever visited have been within the US. Great Smoky Mts Natl Park, Big Bend in Tx, western Montana...
>>
>>133196583
t. jew
>>
>>133196448
>Ask Croatia, which was the "insider tip" a bunch of years ago
This. We own a house on the coast, but I refuse to go there late June/July/August/early September. Loads of tourists, jacked prices, traffic jams, etc
>>
>>133196583
You watch too many movies. Traveling for business blows fucking dick. There's a difference between actually working abroad (which is awful and leaves very little free time) and getting business perks for leisure traveling
>>
>>133190580
Isn't it easy to travel these days?

Just Google Earth/Google Map the country you want to go too and just click around.

If only Google made a real life MMO based on Google Maps/Google Earth, it would make immersion even more easier.

If I had money, I would travel to Japan, though, rather than Europe.

That's because I enjoy convenience store items and Japan is number one when it comes to convenience store items.

All Western food/drink companies actually put in effort in Japan so you have all these limited edition or seasonal potato chips or soft drinks all the time.

Also, traveling alone seems safer to do in Japan than other countries.

At least, I would be able to walk around at night without worry of being mugged.
>>
File: 1496076290226.jpg (891KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496076290226.jpg
891KB, 1920x1080px
Dont be such cunts ''Muh travel is consumerism''

Travel to things you want to see and enjoy.
Have some fun sometimes.

I went to Rome for the historical sights and such and I had a great time.
I went my own way and didnt go the path layed out but discovered my own way around town. Didnt fall for the ''Tourist traps'' but I bet some angry little cunt will say traveling in its entirety is a trap.
Saw some great things, ate some good food and jerked off on the Colloseum.

Italians are mostly cunts btw

But thats how we learn.
>>
>>133194446

Instagram photos too.
>>
>>133196681

Are you retarded?
The tourist sectors of Paris are incredibly wealthy.

Maybe if you knew how to read a map you wouldn't have gotten lost in the "slums".
>>
>>133196303
I didn't know I was bragging about drinking a fucking brand of beer.

Oh it's fucking summer vacation, goddamn you fucking children and your lack of strength, balls, and confidence. You're probably dudes, so try this go to a gym, pick up something heavy, experience testosterone for the first time, and maybe you'll stop being a bunch of flaming faggots.
>>
>>133195151
>>133195343
>>133196478
>>133196624
Historical buildings in Japan are more based around Kyoto, the old capital, rather than Tokyo.
>>
>>133190828
>"seeing the world" for a roastie is riding foreign dick and going full whore without people back home knowing about it

So true. I purposefully go clubbing in awful tourist clubs in Berlin for the American girls. They're always gullible, liberal and easy. Just promise to show them some cool local bars and an hour later you're balls deep in them. This applies to most girls from other countries but I found the hardest girls to bang are Spanish chicks followed by Irish. Spanish girls seem like they only want to bang other Spaniards and Irish girls are frigid as fuck and can't take a joke. The dudes are funny bastards though. German women are obviously just as awful as all the other top travel sluts.
>>
>>133190580
>"traveling"
Going to tourist traps and getting ripped off by shitskins. Also, staying in hotels/hostels that only whites use. Also, using your iPhone 7 for most of the day.

>"seeing the world"
Fucking other white backpackers and/or doing drugs.
>>
>>133190580
I don't ever want to leave the states, and there's plenty of states I don't want to visit.

I go camping and kayaking, but I can't understand why anyone wants to leave their country for anything other than business.
>>
>>133196442
>Beautiful country and people.
Let's hope it stays that way. The election this fall is going to be crucial.

>Wish everything wasn't so damn expensive, but I understand why.
Imagine what it's like to travel for a Norwegian. Everything is so damn cheap from our perspective.
>>
>>133196260
True. I'm more rural anyways so I know I have that available to me if need be.

It's a shame the state were in. Wish there was a solution. I suspect this is relatively new, within the last 30-50 years or so. If boomers weren't so out of Touch I would pick their brains to see how our history and curriculum has changed to be a soma for our ill civil culture
>>
>>133196826
I think Heineken tastes fine, and I'm not sure why that dude is judging you for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 309x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 309x405px
The reason why burgers have such a small minded view of the world is because none of them travel outside of their trailer park
>>
>>133196826

>that butthurt about being called out on your bullshit

top kek mate, maybe I should go to the Budweiser factory in Arkansas or something and brag about how much better it is than here in filthy Brazil.
>>
>>133196937
It's an overpriced shitty lager
>>
>>133196836
>They're always gullible, liberal and easy.
Yea no shit, they fell for the study abroad meme. They're not actually "traveling" 99% of the time
>>
The real answer?

Traveling to take in the beauty of the world is good. Almost all cultures have some good and some bad. Almost all cultures have some beauty and some hideousness. Interesting food, people, architecture, clothing etc. It is positivr to take in the different places of the world as an experience.

That being said, there is a difference between taking in different cultures and pretending that there is something mystical and more moral to learn from them. Western Civilization is by far and away superior...that is why it has been as successful as it has been and why all the third worlders want to come here. The facebook roastie meme of takijg pictures next to poor people and finding enlightenment via selfie while staying at some New Delhi AirBnB is absurd

Traveling to different cultures ought to be done as European world travelers in the past have done. Its as if being on safari. Sure...the giraffe is amazing. The lion is mahestic. But don't pretend that they are more enlightened than you. Don't let the baboon into your safari vehicle with you because he is so noble
>>
>>133196972
Brazilian beer is shit, stfu
>>
>>133196595
I wasn't though, being a wikipedia autist isn't something to be proud of. Lots of people posting personal shit that nobody cares about ITT, you cared enough to reply twice.
>>
>>133196983
It tastes fine, and I believe him when he says drinking it at the source tastes better than after its been shipped halfway across the world. It's like that with most degradable food products.
>>
>>133197061

Of course it is, all beer is shit.
>>
>>133190580
Going places is fine. Prioritizing seeing the world instead of being an adult with responsibilities is not.
>>
>>133196972
Nothing's good in Brazil. A country full of retards.
>>
File: bhagavadgita.png (2MB, 1641x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bhagavadgita.png
2MB, 1641x1024px
>>133190580

I can't be happy unless I'm an international hedonist.
>>
travelling is all well and good, i'm grateful that my parents occasionally took me on out-of-country vacations during my youth, but it isn't nearly as essential as certain people (namely young women, especially college-aged, who i most often see trying to make "travelling" part of their personal identity) make it out to be. any "insight" or "knowledge" or "appreciation" etc you claim to benefit from travelling can be achieved in your own country (especially if you live in the fucking massive US), i guarantee it.
>>
>>133197114
It's shite no matter where you drink it, like all mass produced beer
>>
>>133192158
wow. this is why i come here.
>>
>>133192193
Ok Bruce Willis, one day I hope to be as edgy
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 500x447px
>>133196951
>Aussie inmate #8008135
You wish you knew what real freedom tastes like
>>
>>133192466
Honestly this.
>>133192158
Wtf this is actually insightful.
>>
>>133197143
Ah.. You know what? You have a point, cheers mate haha
>>
File: banffyhunyad.jpg (160KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
banffyhunyad.jpg
160KB, 800x578px
>>133190580

If you live in a first world country anything other than another first world country will seem like a sack of shit. I'm astonished how many bright-eyed hippies there actually are remaining willing to visit such sacks of shit for their natural beauty and hidden cultural gems. Including my country for example, which is just post-soviet hell with a few very nice lakes and forests.

But if you live in a shithole, theres nothing better than going to a first world country and collecting the wellf- I mean seeing the sights and the culture uh-huh. After you scarped enough cash together in your Adidas sewing mudhole, you sure are gonna go to another country to just frolick around. And the dumb shits who eat that story up deserve every brown skinned exploding goatfucker they get.
>>
>>133196624

Well yeah, but that's true for most East Asian cities
>>
>>133190580
I just spent 4 months in Europe.
Shit opened my eyes so fucking much.
>>
>>133196681
You are wrong.

>most places
>tfw poorfag
Based ghetto Mexico and Haiti are wonderful.
Common scum are just like you if you can fucking integrate for a few seconds and show courtesy. Traveling to poor countries is great and the people aren't worried about you fucking up their way of life. Just don't be a flashy tourist faggot like you and you'll be fine, knowing at least one person helps too. I personally haven't been to the rape-your-face parts of town, but people who live in relative poverty know how to party and can show you a good time.
>>
>>133196550
I live in Bergen, so I'm obviously biased, but the western coast is beautiful. You've also got Norway's two famous fjords on the western coast.
If you want to visit a small town that's not a traditional tourist destination, but that still has a lot of local culture, I'd recommend Rosendal. They often have traditional Norwegian plays and concerts there, in the courtyard of a Renaissance era manor. You can get there by boat from Bergen.
>>
>>133190580
it can be fun if you go to the places that are not meant for tourism, but it might be dangerous/hard if you don't know the language.

If you fall for the main attractions its just pointless on rails consumerism to grab your cash.
>>
>>133197505

Most weebs dying to go to Japan haven't gone to Seoul, Taipei or Singapore yet, all of them being Tokyo clones tbqh.
>>
File: 20170505_143220.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_143220.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>133193690
Why dont you just live in the mountains then? You can clean toilets anywhere.

Posted from my truck camper at 9500ft.
>>
File: 1474618340848.jpg (42KB, 556x344px) Image search: [Google]
1474618340848.jpg
42KB, 556x344px
>>133190580
>Travelling
>Seeing the world
>Wanderlust

I've studied English Literature, and every girl utters this whenever it is possible, as if they love travelling around, seeing new places and meeting new people and cultures;

If you could only have seen what these eyes had seen, you would definitely consider a mass travelling ban and buy a pair of chains when your girl starts to view a travelling magazine only to chain her up to closest heater.

To short; If you want to be cuckolded discretely or in a very expensive way, and add some hideous abortion stories to your life, go for it
>>
>>133190580
Most young people who travel are doing it for sex, parties, drugs and bragging rights. Travelling is only interesting if you're doing it for the nature or history of where you're visiting or you just happen to be some [insert country]aboo.
As for someone who has travelled most of the world for business don't fall for the whole 'it broadens your mind meme'. Developed countries are all identical with different variations of work ethic. 3rd world countries are all backwards with differently levels of hell. All travelling will do is confirm stereotypes and prejudices and you'll appreciate your home country all the more.
>>
im a young adult and my friends who are around my age frustrate me

pretty much all of my friends have tattoos and have slept around a bit. and sometimes i talk to people who haven't gotten drunk and slept around and got tatted up but those people usually get high regularly. and usually they also do harder drugs like lsd and ecstasy for the "experience".

i hear the word "experience" so fucking much. "i took acid for the experience". okay well why not swing a ball peen hammer as hard as you can into your forehead for the "experience"? just because something is an "experience" doesn't make it a good fucking idea.

these are oftentimes people who have better GPAs than i do in college and i don't fucking get how they're so smart and yet so stupid.
>>
>>133194040
You're right, no one has ever learned anything from reading about it in a book. Fucking kys retard and go back to tumblr
>>
>>133197058
As a followup I have just one more thought

Roasties love to say that traveling the world is important to them and mind expanding...but one thought experiment to get to how shallow this all is is this: if they couldn't tell anyone where they went, or post pictures on social media...if the knowledge was only their own....would they still think it was so important?

People in this modern age of social media like to define themselves with things like this...if they couldn't post a picture of themselves in Nepal on facebook would they really go in the first place?
>>
>>133190580
Unfortunately we live in a time-frame that's pretty shit for travelling as far as unique experiences because it's so easy to get around.

>>133194481
>tfw 22 and unknowingly bangin a 15-year old
I'm lucky I wasn't murdered by someone.

>>133196448
Yea Western Europe is not worth it anymore. It's one giant tourist destination.
>>
>>133196609

not that he pocketed it all, but when the book is like $37 and you have a decent
core group of followers, not that difficult
>>
>>133197435
>Collect the welf..

Top kek
>>
>>133196756
>Netherlands
WTF? Do you really consider that travelling for you? That'd be like me going to a city a few miles away. Is it really travelling if it's on the same continent you live in?
>>
>go from generic capitalist collection of poor foreigners to generic capitalist collection of poor foreigners
>fuck chads at each stop
>pay 500 dollars for "local delicacies" concocted by immigrants
>take meme photos in the midst if an immense tourist rabble
>watch the very people who whine about westerners eating ramen strike ridiculous poses in front of a martyr's grave
>return "enlightened" and holding even stronger versions of your original views
>>
>>133197651
Sounds like you can't handle a woman you little roach. Scurry away now
>>
File: 1499032243034.gif (885KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499032243034.gif
885KB, 256x512px
I'm looking to travel to get rid of the bullshit I've allowed to accrue in my personality. System shock tends to force things back into order.

>Drink Ayahuasca for a week straight
>No shitty job
>Figure out who I am once all of the normal external stimuli gets removed and replaced
>>
>>133193690
Ps i'd highly recommend some study and deliberate practice in psychadelics if you havent, or havent done it with careful intent.
>>
>>133197651
>Checks flag

Lolz
>>
I have a question for this thread though, is thailand still the go-to for young idiots looking to expand their horizons?
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>133197657
>compares LSD to smashing your head with a hammer
Put your helmet back on, downie.
>>
>>133193831
Underrated.
>>
>>133197657
>these are oftentimes people who have better GPAs than i do in college and i don't fucking get how they're so smart and yet so stupid.
dear young anon, I would question your reluctance in trying new things. You remind me of the fox in the fable of the fox and the grapes. Don't rob yourself of having a good time just because you think it's not smart. More often than not, you're just being an arrogant dick when you choose to look down upon those that are enjoying themselves, and everyone else sees this. So, reconsider your positions please, or at least ask yourself intently if that's what you really believe, or whether your just hiding your real intentions out of fear. Don't be afraid of life. Don't sacrifice who you can become for who you are now.
>>
>>133193852
Love that you quoted that particular essay because in it he rekts pretty much the entire modern "elite"
>>
>>133197602
Singapore is too strict to travel.

Most foreigners are aware that Singapore has a lot of rules so getting drunk in Singapore would be a bad idea.

That scratches Singapore off the list.

Taiwan is what would China have been like if it was ruled by Japan and it is definitely cheaper than traveling to Japan but it is still Chinese and not Japanese.

Good thing a plane flight from Taiwan to Japan is only 90 minutes if there are no delays.

I don't have experience with Seoul
>>
File: 1429914365153.gif (240KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1429914365153.gif
240KB, 400x200px
>>133197787
Unless you are a chad-in-making, neither you can.

Regular dudes like us cannot control female hypergamy, quit deluding yourself.
>>
>>133196868

>I can't understand why people want to go to countries that don't have 40 million
niggers

weird
>>
>>133193980
slide post!!!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 708x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 708x960px
>>133197749
your time is coming nigger, get the fuck off of our homelands or die
>>
File: cianiggers.jpg (399KB, 822x1101px) Image search: [Google]
cianiggers.jpg
399KB, 822x1101px
>>133198043
I'm loving these new cia-downie memes. Fuck those fucking niggers. But yeah, that anon sounds like an idiot.
>>
>>133194654
cool a degenerate normie
please get out or i may reeeee
>>
>>133197021
>Yea no shit, they fell for the study abroad meme. They're not actually "traveling" 99% of the time
Funnily enough the most common thread is that their parents always work in academia and obviously they're all from relatively wealthy backgrounds. Coming to Europe and hanging out with people roughly their own age is by there standards slumming it. Also the line "I love how multicultural Berlin is" when they only hang out in the most gentrified areas of Berlin and happen to eat kebab when wasted. But meh, they're usually attractive, upbeat and willing to do dirty shit because no one is looking. The last days of Weimar have their perks.
>>
>>133198263
Who you calling a nigger?
>>
>>133190580
It is empty unless you do it with a grain of salt.

Things that make it less empty:
>You spend your own cash and not your daddy's
>You learn a language
>You try activities you wouldn't be able to try around your place
>You use it as a way to free yourself from stress
>Again, you go abroad to enjoy things you wouldn't be able to enjoy where you live. This includes partying hard in Ibiza without fearing to be judged by your family and shit like that
Now, this is consumerism as well, except it is a choice of your own and with your own means.

The first point is paramount.

To the ppl who tell me of the spiritual value of a journey... Well, they could opt for a pilgrimage, wouldn't they?
>>
>>133197355
>You wish you knew what real freedom tastes like
You don't even have freedom of speech, look at you educational institutions.
>>
I live in Scandinavia where it's dark 9 months a year and cold. Feels amazing to see sun, great beaches, exotic nature, just different culture, people, food, life in general.
>>
>>133190580
>I never want to experience the entirety of the world I live on
>I don't want to see the most beautiful places in nature
>I don't want to see beautiful architecture and art from other countries
Traveling is the shit and anyone who disagrees is a poorfag
>>
>>133193852
well said my petrol-sniffing friend

>captcha says wagga wagga
>>
>>133190580
Aside from the aforementioned hedonistic degeneracy, traveling to liberals is done just so they have another tool in their toolbox in order to appear "smart". They are so worldly and cultured, can't you see that they're always right, /pol/? I knew an ultra liberal girl who did that shtick back in college. In fact, what they did to travelling is exactly what they did to college/university.

>Screw up country/university nearly beyond repair with your marxist, communist garbage
>Tell everybody that they have to go to them if they EVER want to be considered knowledgeable, functioning of society
>Try to force people who don't comply out of the world's platforms of debate via shame or outright physical force.

It's shallow in every respect of the word and they are insult to academia and those who try to understand the world. Any conservative of their respective country who see these travelling cunts trying to destroy and exploit you should give them a WARM welcome. By that, I mean beating them senseless. That is, if the violent minorities and other assorted trash they supported having in your countries don't do it first.

The nigger that croaked in Greece is a good start.
>>
>>133190580
Depends on the individual and your motivations, if you're an individual and confident it can be amazing and i recommend travelling with a hobby/interest that you love as it's always a gateway to meeting actually interesting people. The type of travelling most students do though is just taking the same bullshit hedonistic culture they have to various hostels around the world learning nothing about the host culture sticking with other obnoxious twats and feeding the stereotypes we all know of. It's worth doing at least once imo to decide if it's for you, don't listen to the inevitable cynical pol tards as most of them here are miserable insecure bitter fucks who don't even have the balls to travel abroad alone, most struggle with the local super market.
>>
File: 1470115648707s.jpg (3KB, 97x124px) Image search: [Google]
1470115648707s.jpg
3KB, 97x124px
>>133197717
he absolutely did not make that much, and i think he deserves so much more for his talent, but at the end of the day he fucked him and MDE's future with the Bernstein interview and yeah, You get the choice in life to be successful or great. Sam is unfortunately for him, Great.
>>
>>133198400
Study abroad is a waste of one year of college to be honest.

You should do a local internship, instead.

Most of my friends did it, though. It didn't really greatly affect them in any way.

For those that studied abroad in Europe, they just say they miss European macarons.

For those that studied abroad in any Asian country other than Japan, it was always humid, hot, and raining all the time
>>
Enjoy staying in your echo chamber.
>>
>>133192193
Jesus could you be more of a cookie cutter boring fuck normie?
>>
>>133197602

I just think Tokyo fucking sucks. Sprawling, decentralized, expensive, too many liberal tourists, too many thai hookers, disgusting red light districts with nigerian gangster-owned night clubs, too many shitry french restaurants, old and outdated subway system, too many transactions based on cash...it's just personal preference, but I'll take Shanghai or Shenzhen over Tokyo any day.
>>
>>133197021
>>133198400
>>133198616
Also, I should add. Study abroad is a meme but getting a pHD in foreign country isn't a meme like getting a phd in Japan.

For example, Japan has been on a recent Nobel Prize winning streak and also recently discovered a new chemical element.
>>
>>133198400
Man, I wish I had written your post.
>be me
>go abroad to really study and improve myself
>don't party
>learn a language, write a thesis
People still claim I wasted my Erasmus. Fuck them.
>>
>>133191990
>only betas travel the world
>real alphas never leave their hometown
Pick none
>>
>>133198687

???

Tokyo isn't expensive, and has one of the best subway systems in the world.

I think you're confused.
>>
>>133192158
Good post
>>
>>133192352
This kinda backs up my point, travelling with something like an interest or hobby is definitely the best thing. If you're a boring shit person like most here no matter where you go you'll be the same and just blame the places for being pointless and boring rather than look at yourself, travelings what you make of it.
>>
>>133198687
You enjoy Chinese Smog that much?
>>
>>133190580
Travel will show you how bad things can get.
I went to turkey and learned that they are subhuman filth, i went to spain and found that they are muslim rape babies pretending to be white, I went to florida and met my first real life mexicans(don't really need to say anything else)

'Travel narrows the mind wonderfully'
>>
>>133190580
It's now considered as a status symbol if you've been to other countries. I honestly see it as a waste of money, time and energy as an introvert.
>>
>>133190580
Being a tourist is the Bluepill.
Travelling should be for business.

Want to explore? Tour your own country first.
>>
>>133198854
>If you're a boring shit person like most here no matter where you go you'll be the same and just blame the places for being pointless and boring rather than look at yourself, travelings what you make of it.
Fuck you
I ain't boring
I am just pleasantly slumbery
>>
>>133198810
>Falling for the bait this easy
>>
>>133198793
Depends where you live.

The son of a governor or mayor have no reason to leave because their family position makes life more easier compared to anywhere else.
>>
>>133197657

It's a degernate fucking world anon, as soon as you're out of college you can (mostly) keep it away from you.
>>
>>133193007
this
>>
>travel to asian countries
>just a bunch of fucking insect people acting like 3rd worlders
>all tourists are either weeaboos, sex tourists or drug dealers
>go to non tourist area
>eat food cooked with gutter oil
>go to tourist area
>eat food cooked with gutter oil
>get hit by car
>left on road for 4 hours

>travel to nigger countries
>why the fuck would you ever travel to a nigger country?
>are you fucking retarded?
>see some cool animals just like at the zoo back home and for only 50x the price
>go to non tourist area
>get aids
>die

>travel to spic countries
>eat spicy food
>hang out with other white people in the special tourist area made just for white people
>wow, its literally exactly like back home
>go to non tourist area
>get murdered by drug cartel
>get murdered by government officers

>travel to white countries
>have to remember each country's exact level of cuck so you can adjust your behaviour accordingly and not go to prison for accidentally committing a hate crime
>have people yell at me in arabic
>have SJWs yell at me for being a white male
>get caught up in mass shooting
>get caught up in terrorist attack

>travel by plane
>sit between fat sweaty smelly people
>have baby crying and mother ignoring it
>have some little cunt kick your chair for 3 hours and when you tell him to stop his parents get pissed at how rude you are
>you can avoid this by buying a first class ticket though goy

>travel by boat
>waste all your fucking money
>seriously cruise liners are so fucking expensive holy shit

>travel by car
>takes fucking forever
>cramped s fuck
>what are you, some kind of fucking hobo?
>oh god you sleep here dont you?
>when was the last time you showered?

>buy special local keychains for $20
>buy special local shirts ($10 plain shirts with shit printed on them for $5) for $50
>buy special local cups/mugs for $30
>>
>>133190580
depends on what you're up to.

if you want to go from 5star holiday resort to 5star holiday resort it is empty consumerist bullshit.

If you pack you stuff, travel to rural areas of foreign countries, no planning whatsoever only an array of different currency and a travel health insurance... that will change you as a person to the positive.
>>
>>133194366
You are boring.
>>
>Culture shock.

Thats it. Thats all the ireason you need.

Ive spent a healthy amount of time in and around Douala, Cameroon / Hyderabad, India / Hong Kong / and several European countries. The shock of coming back to your own country and being able to see things in a different light gives you a real sense of urgency and discernment about the things that are great and the not-so-great things about your own country,
>>
File: 1494367517306.jpg (24KB, 317x432px) Image search: [Google]
1494367517306.jpg
24KB, 317x432px
>>133190580

I'll drop you a few redpills about "travel" girls

> Travel is the new "green" movement. Its virtue signaling because travel is still a luxury and has not been played out yet like "artistically" food, which was last cycles (2010-2015)'s social virtue signal

> People can not travel so like video gaming channels, Nommie's will live vicariously through travel blogs & instagram

> Women who are pretty are paid by instagram marketing companies to cam whore on various trip blogs, provided someone can take them travelling

> Enter the Soft-prostitution market whereby any "fitness model", sugar baby and "travel companion" is paid by someone to sponsor their travels, likely for sex.

> Make a fake "Chad" account and hit up every girl who says she wants to "travel". They will give you a quote and a sex menu, 100% of the time. "traveling" is for soft sex underground like "cheese pizza" is for child porn. Its code if you know what you are looking for and are in the scene.

> In most countries, Japan, Korea, Canada etc. about 40 to 60% of university girls have engaged in some form of soft prostitution over their 20's. Which is why STI / STD's are rampant now. What was once an industry of about 3mm sex workers at most has exploded into at least 12mm women who are sexually active on par with a 1980's NY high end prostitute.
>>
>>133190685
FBBP.

>B-but I wanna let everyone know on social media that I spoke to some shitskin in south america. So much wisdom.
>>
>>133190580
Those plane tickets ain't gonna sell themselves, goy.
>>
>>133198793
>hometown
>REAL alphas never leave their street
>>
>>133198924
>waste of money, time and energy as an introvert.

I'm an introvert, and I find traveling alone is a great way to decompress between projects. I take a month or so off and just wander for a while; out of contact with everyone until it's time to return for the next project.

I sublease my apartment, and I find I actually spend less overall while traveling than if I had stayed at home playing videogames.
>>
File: Auyan_Tepui_01.jpg (87KB, 679x382px) Image search: [Google]
Auyan_Tepui_01.jpg
87KB, 679x382px
>>133190580
dont be fucking stupid, there is pretty cool shit out there that you should see if you can afford it, dont let being redpilled cause you to miss out on life
>>
>>133190580
Traveling per se is not a bad thing, I however try to avoid interaction with other tourists when abroad, especially younger people, since 90% of them are like you described
>>
>>133199035
Japan has a lot of first class or sleeper trains.

You could travel to most of Japan by train.

If Japan is too expensive, Taiwan is also another option.

There's more white people in Taiwan these days. You be surprised how different sides of the island can have quite a different climate.

For graduate students native to Singapore, Taiwan is usually the number one grad trip since its pretty affordable.
>>
File: 7584375.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
7584375.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>tfw poorfag so have never travelled to fiordland and stewart island which are nearby where I live
I've just turned 18 so when I get a job one day I can save enough money to see things in my own area that I've never been to
Never seen a fjord, never seen a kiwi, never seen a dolphin, never seen a native bat, never seen a whale, never seen a porpoise, never seen a giant weta, etc
It sucks growing up in poorfag household
Almost everyone I know have travelled fiordland, and have seen kiwi, whale, dolphin, etc before in their life
>>
>>133198810

Tokyo is quite expensive, and the subway system runs on literal punch cards like you're getting s ticket
to the circus. China's subways look like space stations by comparison.
>>
>>133199291
Be thankfull you we atleast born in a 1st world country you stupid cunt, what id give to be an aussie..
>>
>>133199291
Animals aren't worth seeing. Smelly and musky as shit.

My childhood memory of exotic animals is literally remembering the elephants taking a dump at the zoo.
>>
File: 1498789486393.jpg (48KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1498789486393.jpg
48KB, 1024x576px
If I could carry a firearm in most countries I would travel more. Tourists are prime targets for getting fucked by locals and local governments.
>>
>>133198889

The cost of living there is so low that when I'm there I get a luxury apartment that has air purifiers/filters on every floor.
>>
>>133199035
Hahahah
>>
>>133199542

???

Tokyo's metro has been working with magnetic Suica cards for many years.

I'm just going to assume you're retarded and confusing Tokyo with Bangkok or something.

You've lost me.
>>
>>133198973

Yeah yeah, everybody romanticizes Japan until they actually go there.

I mean, it's fine, have fun. But at the end of the day it's just another American colony, another outpost of the International Community.
>>
>>133199607
>>133199616
I fixed some errors and reposted here: >>133199514

>>133199607
I'm not Australian, NZ doesn't have high living standards like Australia does, that's why 20% of NZ population have moved to Australia
NZ HDI is lower than America's

>>133199616
I hate most humans and want mass slaughter of humans by the billions
Animals are way cooler
>>
>>133196951
It's awesome to never have to think of you people except when we bomb you.

We had a fucking great run for about 60 years where even a given group of 105-120 IQ Americans wouldn't be able to locate 80% most countries on the map. It's not stupidity, it's just not caring, and you not mattering.
>>
I travel like many Finns, mostly in winters because of long and depressing dark period. Even if you sit inside all days long, human needs sun.
>>
>>133199800

That is some strange shitposting.

Japan is one of the least americanized countries.
>>
>>133199064

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I have never felt an ounce of this
>>
>>133199853
Ah sry.. Im on mobile and kiwi flag looks so similar to aussieflag :/
>>
>>133198747
The majority of Americans that study abroad, or any erasmus students for that matter, are doing it to party. Its not really a meme if the soul purpose is to get as much foreign dick, clubbing and booze into your system as possible. Obviously if one is actually doing it for respectable academic pursuits its well worth it. The girls I'm talking about are liberal arts students and that is the vast majority of them.
>>
File: 1473266878430.png (277KB, 325x594px) Image search: [Google]
1473266878430.png
277KB, 325x594px
>>133197651
Noldukinem, merak ettim şimdi.
>>
>>133191334
This.
>>
>>133190685
fpbp
>>
>>133200008
I spent my time living and laboring with the locals. None of the plush luxury bullshit.

Maybe thats why,.
>>
>>133194559
>fpbp
this
>>
>>133190580
the last thing i want to do is give some third world shitskin untermensch my money to go stand on his gay mountain. europe or other locations with actual humanity only thanks.
>>
>>133199885
They actually need Vitamin D3.

Was surprised I had to start taking one vitamin D3 pill a day by my doctor despite drinking milk.

It's because most food is enriched with Vitamin D2 not D3 and D2 is not as easily absorbed by the body as D3.
>>
>>133199770

Since I was there short term I had no reason to buy a card, the tickets are the basic and easiest option

It's not a terrible subway, just shitty compared to China
>>
File: 1493735806424.jpg (13KB, 345x410px) Image search: [Google]
1493735806424.jpg
13KB, 345x410px
>>133190580

Left my own country 6 years ago, never returned since then. No plans
to ever returns. incorporated in tax heaven a new company. Been working and traveling since then. Paid no taxes. As a non-burger and as a non tax-resident of any country, I legally don't have to fill any tax income anymore. Don't get any benefits either (just paid 9000$ for a surgery). Choose where I want to be and when. If a country is shitty I move to the next one. My situation had never been so good.
>>
>>133200296

the card costs 3 dollars you mongoloid
>>
>>133198909
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
>>
>>133199291
>fiordland
Its pretty good

>stewart island
nothing noteworthy, boring as fuck

>never seen a fjord
they're pretty cool, would recommend if its available, but dont go too far out of your way because you think you're missing out

>never seen a kiwi
they're pretty gay to be honest

>never seen a dolphin
you can see shitloads of them if you take the interislander ferrry or go whale watching in Kaikoura, they're moderately interesting for a few minutes

>never seen a native bat
they're interesting for a little while for the sole reason that every other animal species in New Zealand is boring as fuck

>never seen a whale
same as the dolphins, if you want to then the number 1 place I recommend is Kaikoura, spotting whales there is EZ mode and the guides get you really fucking close to them, also some of the boats have glass windows on the bottom so you can see shit underwater

>never seen a porpoise
I dont think we have Porpoises in NZ but Im probably wrong, I did a quick search to be sure and again all I could find was stuff about our whales/dolphins also a place called porpoise bay in the south island

>never seen a giant weta
they're just big bugs, not much really interesting (bright colours, cool flight patterns, poison etc)
>>
>>133199891

Are you out of your mind? It is literally occupied by the American military, and forecefully feminized by western liberalism to the point where their young men (imbued with almost as much nigger-worshipping pop culture as the koreans) are terrified of their women.

I don't think you've ever stepped foot on mainland China in your life if Japan is your idea of non-Americanized.
>>
>>133200227

Maybe, though in the case of Hong Kong it's pretty much all high-end and expensive.
>>
>>133199502
I actually forgot about trains because its been so long since Ive been on one

I think japan has pretty much the only good trains in the world, everywhere else they are either just shitty subways filled with hobos and piss or 3rd world trains with 200 people in a 20 person cabin
>>
>>133200357
Well spotted. Didn't expect anyone to get that because I don't think it was reprinted from 2nd/3rd editions. That was a very right wing(closest thing anyway) hobby for teenagers in the 90s.
>>
>>133198687
>tokyo
>outdated subway

confirmed for never having been to tokyo
>>
>>133199035
Pretty accurate if one's actually travelled. Its one exhausting trip spent sitting too long and then walking too long experiencing different levels of human filth and getting fucked over by the local populace. Rather invest resources into building one's own personal paradise.
>>
>>133200572

>reading is for faggots: the post

daily reminder China's main occupation is making iPhones and Xboxes, not American at all
>>
>>133196756
>>133196756

> Italians are mostly cunts btw

Can confirm. Lazy pieces of shit. Of all the train stations in Europe I visited to get on the next train to some other country, Italy had the worst workers. 2/10 kiosks were ever running at any time, including peak reservation time. When one worker would come back from break another would go on break. There were 2 or 3 workers sitting off to one side doing god knows what.

I even shared this opinion with other people and they called me racist.

"Italian isn't a race, it's a nationality. Learn the difference."
>>
>>133200755

Most of Western Europe, Korea, Japan and to an extent the U.S. have good bullet trains.
>>
>>133195326
kek m8, i would lose you in the twisties so fast
>>
>>133200731

Yeah, your right. Hong-Kong and Brussels, and Paris were very easy trips. And there wasn't much shock at all with those. Which is why I didnt really list those specifically. I only listed Hong Kong because it was my first time away from home for more than a couple months and I spent a fair amount in mainland China during that trip also.

Cameroon and India, though, major cultuue shock.
>>
>>133200913

dolce far niente
>>
>>133200518
Reposted here: >>133199514
as I made some errors in my original post

>>133200518
So I should I save up to travel far north to Kaikoura? so I can see whales, dolphins, etc
What's wrong with Stewart Island? Isn't that where all the kakapo and bats live? Where did you see bats?
Where is a spot that I could see kiwis?
>>
>>133200868

You said Japan is one of the least Americanized counties on earth. That is objectively false, and it would take remakably high levels of weebery to maintain that delusion.
>>
>>133199043
>Go to rural area
>lost and disorientated
>Struggle to communicate with local populace
>Get fucked over with pricing
>Struggle with a bunch of social interactions until you figure out the general mannerisms and learn more of the language
>Try some local pussy

This will do nothing for you unless you've grown up incredibly sheltered or lived in some incestuous village your entire life.
>>
>>133200972
>japan
I said that
>korea
thats a good one, I actually forgot about them
>western europe
I never caught the trains over there so I wouldnt know
>to an extent the U.S
no, not even to an extent. most of the subways there are fucking 3rd world tier and I dont know about the normal trains because no one catches the train over there
>>
>>133201152

I actually managed to use their subway system properly, so i'll go ahead and claim I know the country better than you do.

>>133201062

After visiting India, I mostly felt:
>wtf I love bathrooms now

Would never go again
>>
>>133200838

It's really not that impressive. China of course only started opening theirs a few years ago in many cities so it's not really a fair comparison, but they are years Tokyo's in every aspect.
>>
>>133201278
How the fuck do you afford to travel all these countries?
>>
>>133201278

Usually people differentiate subway systems and actual trains that go from one city to another.

New York's subway is a shithole, but the amtrak is OK.

Moscow's metro is great, but the train to Vladivostok is meh.
>>
>>133196217
You're a hipster for thinking going to local pubs and restaurants makes your little gay tourist trip redpilled
>>
>>133201282

lolz YES

I spent a full afternoon in a field with bright green liquid shit shooting out of my ass when I get some sort of parasite.

Never wanted a toilet seat more in my life.
>>
>>133201066
>dolce far niente

AKA, happily lazy. I'd rather go to Germany, in the "racist" Bavarian sector, thanks.
>>
>>133199171
This man speaks the truth. An obvious truth but the truth nonetheless.
>>
>>133201282

>using the basic, default, and cheapest option means you didn't use it properly

monkey comprehension
>>
>>133200118
kürtaj, boynuz, evlilik vaadedip kaçma, sabotaj vs.
>>
>>133190580
Don't do it. Waste of money. Especially with VR travel coming in the next few years.
>>
>>133201535

one-way tickets are the same price that they charge you when you exit the subway with your magnetic card, down to the very last yen

>burger accounting

did the iPhone manufacturing dust clog up some brain vessels?
>>
>>133200287
Yeah but it's psychological thing too. You can't fix it just with D vitamin supplement. Months of basically no sun can fuck up your head.
>>
>>133201513

Italians do struggle with infastructure and things that require organization.

On the other hand, Germans can't make good food to save their lives, so it's a toss up for me.
>>
File: bitches and whores.jpg (33KB, 620x410px) Image search: [Google]
bitches and whores.jpg
33KB, 620x410px
>>133201587
>Generic turkish whore backstabbing
I don't know what I was expecting.
I hope you recover mein nigga
>>
>>133201731

It's the default, basic, cheapest option- even if a card is cheap, no card is cheaper. No reason to buy and carry around shit you don't need if you're there short term, I travel a lot and only get things like that if it has unique advantages (like the London Oyster card). The little Tokyo tickets amused me, but have very little to do with the subway system as a whole being sub-par compared to China.
>>
you can easily have a great experience travelling and you can also do only the shitty tourist trap stuff, no need to build up an idea in your head to feel better than those people on your facebook bud
>>
>>133196105
geoguessr is great anon
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.