[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you take pride in being born where you happened to be born,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: country of birth.png (6KB, 740x107px) Image search: [Google]
country of birth.png
6KB, 740x107px
Do you take pride in being born where you happened to be born, /pol/? Feels a bit arbitrary, don't'cha think?
>>
>no one chooses the intelligence and talents you're born with so it's foolish to be proud of it and anything you ever achieve
>>
>>133176552
How is that comparable at all to being proud of the geographical location of the place you came into existence?
>>
>>133177574
How is that not comparable to being proud of the genetics you've been given by the parents you never chose?
>>
>>133177773
No one is a slave to their genetics, just as no one is a slave to the values and traditions of their place of birth. It's all completely arbitrary.
>>
>>133175881
No, only utterly moronic civic cucks are.
>>
>>133175881
I'm proud of my family.
Why not my nation?
>>
>>133179018
>No one is a slave to their genetics, just as no one is a slave to the values and traditions of their place of birth. It's all completely arbitrary.
>what's determinism

Besides, everything is arbitrary, there is no point in obsessing about something seemingly being slightly more arbitrary than something else. Either you accept the nihilistic nature of the universe, that nothing matters, be it where you were born, who you are the, the planet you live, or some god forsaken group of chemical reactions on another continent. Or you stop crying about things being arbitrary.
>>
>>133175881
>>133177574
>>133179018
wow, you are a dumb fuck. I'm not even going to argue, there's no point. just fuck off
>>
>>133175881
Actually your parents generally do choose the country of your birth (excluding shit like North Korea). Similarly your parents chose each other.
Nationality and culture pretty much go hand in hand as well. Since it's part of your identity it's perfectly rational to be proud of it.
>>
Yes, we know, everything is a social construct. That's how societies work. Stop buying your professor's bullshit.
>>
>>133175881
Absolutely not
I am the product of the people who have inhabited this place for thousands of years
I can be proud of my family line because it's what makes me who I am and that pride comes with the commitment that I will carry on with our traditions and defend this land.
It's no accident I was born here, I was born here because my family wanted me to be born here.
>>
>>133177574

It's 100% comparable. None of your "achievements" are valid if they only exist because of the circumstances of your birth.

E.g. you're only a world-class violinist because you had the wealth and leisure time to spend all your time playing the violin instead of struggling to feed yourself
>>
File: 1496026758845.jpg (2MB, 1880x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1496026758845.jpg
2MB, 1880x2880px
>>133175881

You can't control where you're born but it doesn't mean you can't make it awesome. Not my problem if a bunch of sand niggers, yellow niggers, brown niggers, lighter brown niggers, or niggers in general get it right. Now they just come into my country with their own pride in whatever the fuck and tell me I can't have mine. Fuck them, can't wait till extermination begins.
>>
>>133175881
Do you take pride in the accomplishments of your family? Are you proud of your father for having put a roof over your head? Food on your plate? If not, you're likely in what we call a "toxic environment" or otherwise known as a "dysfunctional family". National pride is exactly the same as ancestral pride, family pride, and pride in one's culture. Our forefather's worked very hard to create and maintain this beautiful western culture of natural human rights, individuality and freedom; to feel nothing, to have no pride in their accomplishments, is the definition of evil.

You're fucking evil, dude.
>>
>>133183405
I forgot to add that a lack of pride is why niggers from shit cultures are always fucking everything up around them, they respect nothing about the work that went in to making their lives possible and end up with nothing to give their turd children.
>>
If you're born somewhere great, why shouldn't you be proud of it and try to protect it? If I was born a somalian I guarantee I wouldn't give a solitary fuck about my country.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.