[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason you don't accept the science of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 48

File: polar.png (707KB, 1844x1056px) Image search: [Google]
polar.png
707KB, 1844x1056px
Give me one good reason you don't accept the science of Climate Change /pol/.
>>
Thats a poor photoshop
>>
>>133107379
your photoshoped picture of plolar baier
>>
the planet will self-adjust.
more plant growth will fix the 'problem'.
>>
>>133107379
Because polar bears are Ursus Maritimus or the "sea bear" they like to swim out to places like that.
>>
>>133107379

It's not that I don't accept it; it just that I actually want the world to try and adopt renewables and fail with epic proportions. Then humanity will sober up and everything will become nuclear powered.
>>
Climate change is the one lefty issue I actually think we should do something about.
>>
Polar bears are white and deserve to die
>>
>>133107379
If the world is going to end-I don't give a fuck
If civilization is going to end-I don't give a fuck

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
My opinion is that it is vastly overblown. Why are developing countries given a free pass if they are purportedly the greatest affected? Why are we wasting our time on renewables instead of nuclear if it's such an imminent threat?
>>
>>133107817
Nuclear sucks if something like the Spanish flu comes back.

I don't know how to shut a nuclear power plant down safely
>>
>>133107865
They are stronger and smarter than brown bears.
>>
>>133107704
Previous temperature decreases have pretty much only been due to changes in the earths orbit around the sun. At our current position in the cycle we aren't close to anything that can counter CO2 induced warming.

>>133107817
Nuclear can only ever be part of the solution. Its certainly preferable to any other fossil fuel however it is costly in extraction, processing and in the potential threats it can pose.
>>
>>133107379
I'll think about accepting it if you concede that Africa's exploding population can only create more humans who will contribute to the problem. All those breeding Muslims in western countries can't be good either. More plastics, more cars, more air conditioners...
>>
>>133107379
China is the CO2 superpower, ask in a Chinese board.
>>
>>133108049
that's because of white bear privilege
>>
>>133108049
Jokes on you. Polar bears have black skin.
>>
>>133107379
Because it's chock full of politically and financially motivated shills using the shield of political correctness to undermine proper scientific discussion and hound scientists with dissenting opinions and facts in a way that even the inquisition would find morally dubious.
>>
>>133107379
Technology has been developed for the last 50 60 years to get us off fossil fuel dependency they haven't used it yet
>>
>>133108013
This. Most of the people talking about it don't even seem to care about the imminent doomsday they're predicting.
>>
>>133107379
>science of Climate Change
It's not science?
>>
File: 1476615820118.png (767KB, 1562x2546px) Image search: [Google]
1476615820118.png
767KB, 1562x2546px
i'll give you three. education, logic, common sense
>>
>>133107379
Can't polar bears swim anyway? I don't see what's wrong wtih this picture.
>>
>>133107379
Holy shit this picture just convinced me. I'm /with king nigger/ now!
>>
>>133107379
Because I don't care. It wasn't me who caused it, I have the moral right to pretend nothing happens until the stupid libtards pay out of their pocket to fix it. Taxes for preserving the climate would force me to pay as well, therefore I am against the climate change narrative in politics.
>>
File: warmismfireball.jpg (32KB, 389x400px) Image search: [Google]
warmismfireball.jpg
32KB, 389x400px
>>133107379
here are three:
1) it's not even science until it accurately predicts anything, which it doesn't
2) fossile fuel is hella cool
3) also, I don't care about that kinda changes
>>
Look up what happened between the Pleistocene and the current Holocene period just 12k years ago. Look specifically at the Younger-Dryas period. Earth's temperature can rapidly and catastrophically change for reasons we don't totally understand. Yes, we may be contributing to a "problem" right now but global warming is infinitely better than global cooling. Another Younger-Dryas would literally set back humanity to the stone ages.
>>
>>133107379
It's not the science I have a problem with. It's the communism attached to it.
>>
>>133108481
Nothing is wrong with the picture, polar bears hunt food from drifting ice, yet the climate meme post this picture expecting people to never do any research.
>>
File: africanigeria.png (253KB, 850x640px) Image search: [Google]
africanigeria.png
253KB, 850x640px
>>133108061
>Africa's exploding population can only create more humans who will contribute to the problem.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/26/bill-nye-should-we-penalize-parents-for-having-extra-kids/

>During a panel discussion, the 61-year-old Cornell grad asked: “Should we have policies that penalize people for having extra kids in the developed world?”
>>
>>133108670
>(((projection)))).
1 million Nigerian over 70's isn't going to happen in a million years nevermind by 2050.
>>
>>133108013
>Why are developing countries given a free pass if they are purportedly the greatest affected?
They aren't ever given a pass but there are good reasons that they tend to have less ambitious targets than developed nations.

For one its very inefficient to have millions of third worlder's living out a short existence and dying of some preventable disease. One kilo of coal burnt in Kenya is going to go a lot further than one kilo of coal burnt in the US as far as energy efficiency is concerned.

Secondly a third world emissions are largely driven by first world demand for their products. It makes sense that first world countries should have to compensate for their emissions in part.

>>133108061
Africas exploding population probably isn't all that bad as far as climate change is concerned. The reason its been low for so long is because life expectancy's floated around the 30's. Now that they live longer there'll be a greater ROI as they live for longer and become more educated.

>>133108139
China will only stop being such if demand for TV's, phones and all manner of consumer products were to disappear from developed nations
>>
>>133108902
Climate "science" is quite literally projection with little to no prior results to base models on.
>>
>>133108670
You look at this chart and realize that if we don't start having kids, immigration is truly inevitable. However, the retired thinking the immigrants will pay for their retirements when there immigrants outnumber the retirees descendants 3 - 1 is Ludacris.
>>
>>133107379
It was 55 degrees last night in the middle of july
>>
>>133109065
Correct. The infamous hockey stick graph is a result of a computer model that always shits out the exact same graph no matter which data you feed it.
>>
>>133108952
You bring up a good point which is the role of consumerism. Unfortunately the same authorities who fear monger about climate change never seem to bring it up and deflect with identity politics (e.g. "environmental racism").
>>
File: 6894326.png (341KB, 955x505px) Image search: [Google]
6894326.png
341KB, 955x505px
Daily reminder that the paleoclimate record shows us how ice sheets respond to a CO2 forcing - and shows an extremely tight coupling.

With the concentration of greenhouse gases ALREADY in the atmosphere, we will see a long-term rise in sea level of ~24 meters because of the collapse of the West Antarctic ice sheet, large parts of the Greenland ice sheet and more mobile portions of the East Antarctic ice sheet
>>
File: 1494133761373.png (66KB, 544x593px) Image search: [Google]
1494133761373.png
66KB, 544x593px
>>133107379
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/
>>
File: 1495962509192.png (311KB, 480x520px) Image search: [Google]
1495962509192.png
311KB, 480x520px
>>133107379

Same reason you don't accept the science of Flat Earth.
>>
>>133107379
The word science should be abolished.
On the one hand you have physical science which brought us to the fucking moon, created all of modern society's infrastructure, computers, etc.

And then you have like 'economics', 'climate change', 'sociology', 'psychology' which have done...nothing. Basically nothing. They may as well be priests, they seem to have the same effect
>>
File: jew.jpg (114KB, 533x585px) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
114KB, 533x585px
>>133107379
Because my Jewish overlords convinced me that climate change isn't real, and that they totally are not heating up the world in order to spread degeneracy and destroy the Middle East.

They're pretty trustworthy.
>>
>>133110053
>Muslim education
>>
File: temp since 1880.png (17KB, 780x489px) Image search: [Google]
temp since 1880.png
17KB, 780x489px
>>133108192
>using the shield of political correctness
Obligatory bogey man mention

>undermine proper scientific discussion and hound scientists with dissenting opinions and facts in a way that even the inquisition would find morally dubious
Well I haven't ever seen anything regarding that but I don't agree with doing that.

>>133108472
>warmest year on record
'The record' typically refers to the thermometer record which is pic related

>abnormal temperature rise
I don't understand the point being made. Claims of the alarming rate normally are talking in terms of data sets lasting only as long as civilisation (6 000 years). I could take a data set stretching back to the start of the universe and claim that the earths temperature barely changed at all but the data set makes the claim pretty useless for anyone interested in humans involvement with environment.

>SL rise
Same story as above, also the scale is at 10m increments. SL due to current heating has increased only a few meters.
>>
File: cenozoic-forcing3.png (27KB, 398x172px) Image search: [Google]
cenozoic-forcing3.png
27KB, 398x172px
>>133109573
also a reminder that a sustained doubling of CO2 concentration (i.e. ~560ppm), which translates to a forcing of +4 W/m2, would almost certainly bring back the planet into the ice-free state and thereby raise sea level by 80 m.
>>
File: model enhanced.png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
model enhanced.png
2MB, 3000x3000px
>>133108472
Models are accurate
>>
>>133107379
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses
>>
Fossilised vegetation (specifically, the number of stomata in the surface of a leaf) shows that CO2 levels have been much, much higher in the past with no adverse result. There is no reason to believe that a positive feedback loop will cause catastrophe given that the 'problem' corrected itself without intervention. Plantlife and crops will remember this time as the advent of plenty.
>>
>>133110412
>Obligatory bogey man mention
It's crappy but that's how world works. Fashions and trends are, unfortunately, important. Want to study sex life of X breed of frogs? Best chance of getting gummint grant shekels is to study the effect of 'global warming' on sex life of X breed of frogs. Sad but true.
>Well I haven't ever seen anything regarding that but I don't agree with doing that.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMNj_r5bccUwgm4-u98iH5X0EUD0w0L1j
IK, IK. Molymeme, not an argument... See what was said, follow resources provided, come to your own conclusions. What's the harm in taking a look at the opposing opinion IF you are sure you are in the right?
>>
>>133108257
name some of the technology
>>
File: mysticalbullshit.png (689KB, 1891x4901px) Image search: [Google]
mysticalbullshit.png
689KB, 1891x4901px
>>133107379

Because they lie to us.
>>
>>133107379
It used to be "Global Cooling" will bring a new ice age

Then it was "Global Warming" that was going to fry the earth

But since those didn't work, the "Earth Mother is Mad At Us and is Punishing Us" Cult decided on "Climate Change" because, no shit, the climate changes.

Climate Change Cultists are worse than Scientologists or doomsday cults.
>>
>>133110795
>CO2 levels have been much, much higher in the past with no adverse result
Well, insects the size of small helicopters (imagine the mosquitoes) might be considered adverse but I generally agree with you.
>>
File: Compiled ice over time.gif (901KB, 883x553px) Image search: [Google]
Compiled ice over time.gif
901KB, 883x553px
>>133108537
>Earth's temperature can rapidly and catastrophically change for reasons we don't totally understand
Well it was a transition from a glacial to an interglacial period so I assume it was just the milankovitch cycle (earths periodic change in proximity to the sun).

>>133109391
What do you think carbon taxes and emissions trading schemes are meant to achieve?

>>133110745
There's more than one ice sheet and there's sea ice.
>>
>>133109231
Where? Thats standard for most of the northern usa
>>
File: obvious.png (379KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
obvious.png
379KB, 800x551px
>>133107379
>>
I do accept it. However climate changes has happened before and will happen again. In fact it almost seems to be that as the world becomes more populated, more room just grows from the ice.

When civilizations were starting significant parts of Europe were still under a glacier.

The basic fact is things die, the world cools and heats, man made gasses are barely effecting it and the gasses that are are primarily Chinese Mexican and russian
>>
>>133111349
>What do you think carbon taxes and emissions trading schemes are meant to achieve?
Fuck over developed nations while not punishing developing shitholes and OPEC nations.
>>
Because years ago this reporter published a ton of emails from scientists that showed they were colluding and doctoring the results/data.
>>
File: Solar luminosity over time.jpg (48KB, 700x426px) Image search: [Google]
Solar luminosity over time.jpg
48KB, 700x426px
>>133110795
>CO2 levels have been much, much higher in the past with no adverse result
That's because solar output has varied over time.

>There is no reason to believe that a positive feedback loop will cause catastrophe given that the 'problem' corrected itself without intervention
Deglaciation periods preceded by orbital forcing would not have been possible in their scope if it were because of orbital forcing alone, the greenhouse effect due to CO2 and other greenhouse gases must have taken place to cause this

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/222818998_CO2-forced_climate_thresholds_during_the_Phanerozoic
http://www.atmos.washington.edu/2009Q1/111/Readings/Lorius1990_ice-core.pdf

Large temperature decreases in the past have been due to an increasing proximity of the earth from the sun.
>>
>>133111349
>What do you think carbon taxes and emissions trading schemes are meant to achieve?

Remember when the nuts were whining about CO2 levels but none of them thought to start planting trees?

No, shifting money around is what negates CO2.

Global Warming Cultists really are anti-science.
>>
>>133107379
>science of Climate Change
Post it fool or shut up
>>
>>133108059
>At our current position in the cycle we aren't close to anything that can counter CO2 induced warming.
how about if a super volcano explodes or a meteor strikes the earth?
>>
>>133107379
I do
>/pol/ is one person
>>
>>133107379
so but a good reason is a pic of a lonely bear
sure

climate does change but it seems to be politically exploited for the benefit of certain interests and that's whatmost people are opposed to

The climate change that is caused today is probably partly not man made.

What is man made is interesting only to the people who create machinery industry and manage waste and so on. Because the normal person can do very little in the moment outside of consuming less which of course should be publicly recommended (but isnt for economic reasons)

but who is going to close all the coal plants? Even gas and oil. The factories that pollute our rivers or the billions of cars that pump shit into the air every single day?
There is no solution to this at the moment.
>>
l*berals honestly somehow believe that it's my fault the climate is changing

Are you saying that if I vote democratic the world will be plunged into an ice age and the mammoths will come back?
>>
>>133108952
>as far as energy efficiency is concerned.
I'm not sure I follow
do you want energy efficiency or to stop climate change?
>>
>>133107379

I don't accept AGW
>>
>>133110795
Yeah I mean our crops and wild plants are only adapted to the current levels it won't do anything
>>
>>133111349
>carbon taxes
To make them rich, and to curb the US's oil production. That is the ultimate goal of the jews at the moment. The US collapses without it's oil industry.
>>
>>133108952
and as they become more educated, they become wealthier, and what do humans do when they become wealthy?
>>
>>133107379
It's irrelevant. North America and every country in Europe combined about equal just China in Carbon emissions. Add in the rest of South East Asia/India and the west is relatively insignificant.

If anything is going to be done about it those countries must be on board or else it's just pissing in the wind.
>>
>>133107379
this is like talking to a child

Gobal warming IS real
Global warming caused man is NOT REAL
>>
>>133107379
>He doesn't accept the consensus of academia!
Well lock me up and call me Galileo.
>>
File: carbon tax economists.png (105KB, 942x703px) Image search: [Google]
carbon tax economists.png
105KB, 942x703px
>>133111581
>Fuck over developed nations while not punishing developing shitholes and OPEC nations.
How? Demand falls if cost increases thats hardly good for polluting firms in developing nations.

>>133111592
There have been dozens of inquiries into that, most have published reports and all found no wrongdoing
https://skepticalscience.com/Climategate-CRU-emails-hacked.htm

>>133111608
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigovian_tax

>>133111699
Then that could change things but probably too much. Many small eruptions would be a god send but one shouldn't count on it.
>>
>>133107379
because:
I'm more inclined to believe it's an international kike plot designed to leech wealth off human existence

I don't think that even if true nothing would reverse the trend as long as shitskins go about their way of doing things

Earth's climate goes in cycles and is more likely that the result is natural than man-made
>>
>>133111349
>Well it was a transition from a glacial to an interglacial period so I assume it was just the milankovitch cycle
If that is the explanation for the Pleistocene to Holocene transition, then it can't explain the rapid reversal back to glacial temperatures that the Younger Dryas caused, and then the subsequent rapid cooling that followed it. We're talking about a global temperature drop, on average, of 10 degrees Fahrenheit in a span of decades.

Again, a global cooling event might destroy civilization as we know it, if we just look at what happened only 12k years ago. Fine, we may be causing some global cooling but put into context, this warming event is infinitely better than a cooling scenario. Given that the climate does change over time, pushing it towards more warmth instead of more cooling is actually a GOOD thing.
>>
>>133112059
>It's irrelevant. North America and every country in Europe combined about equal just China in Carbon emissions.
ouch.

and who is going to convince them to do anything. They can't be bothered.
>>
>>133111349
>Skeptical Science .com
>Graph only goes back to 1979
>>
>>133107379
Of course the climate of our planet is going to change, we have a dynamic atmosphere and its constantly changing thoughout all of Earth's history.

The argument is over whether or not climate change in anthropogenic or natural, but climate alarmists always like to blurr the line between the debate on whether climate change is real or whether it is anthropogenic.

Instead of taxing the middle and working class into oblivion with 'green' energy taxes, instead of crippling our own economies by avoiding cleaner coal and nuclear power in favour of wind turbines and solar panels, made in China, with Chinese rare earth materials, a country which builds 2 new coal power stations every week, we should be focusing on stopping brown people from actually fucking up our planet with real definitive problems such as the following;

Cutting down 2 football pitches worth of rainforest every hour, drift net fishing thousands of tonnes of marine life and then dumping it all back overboard dead, dumping millions of tonnes of toxic waste into rivers and most importantly, having dozens of children per capita further exceeding the planets carrying capacity.

You should be worrying about global browning not global warming.
>>
>>133112094
The closest thing to a consensus is "climate change is real and humans have a part in it". It's pretty hard to deny that, but then again it's a meaningless statement.
>>
>>133112271
*subsequent rapid warming
*we may be causing some global warming
>>
melt more ice.
>>
>>133111605
>Large temperature decreases in the past have been due to an increasing proximity of the earth from the sun.
holding true to that logic:
>Large temperature increases are the result of..
>>
>>133112087
this is so bizarre

do you people honestly think that increasing CO2 by 42%, NO2 by 17% and CH4 by 246% will have no results and is unrelated to the coincident rise in temperature?
>>
>>133107379
Anon I think your missing the point even if we all did it wouldn't matter. The Chinese and the Indians are producing so much pollution it doesn't matter because they won't stop. Also by the time climate change becomes a problem for the world overpopulation will have killed us. Food will grow scarce and millions will die of starvation causing global war. The Chinese will win due to the fact they have nothing stopping them from being as productive as possible and so we'll simply be outmanned and out produced. (((They))) just want you to believe climate change is the big problem while (((they))) stock up on food and land while you waste tons of it with solar panels.
>>
>>133112342
It's funny because China admits they are only interested in reducing emissions to cut down on smog in their cities.
>>
I believe the earth and temperature is constantly changing. I doubt that humans can alter or reverse this process. Wasting time and money on it pisses me off and when I see all of these left wing faggots "march" for this shit it makes me cringe.
>>
>>133112059
Yeah if you ignore that Chinas emissions are caused by western demand like the cuck you are. America is the biggest c02 glutton around.
>>
>>133112142
Volcanos spew more CO2 than man's entire footprint, often in 1 event. Those events also have a cooling effect instead of a warming effect.
How do you rationalize that such an increase in CO2 doesn't warm the planet? How do you rationalize that even though natural processes do more than humans could ever hope to, we should still do something to "fix the problem"?
>>
>>133112575

fake news, from a fake german
>>
>>133112346
Give them an inch and they'll take a parsec. Reject the authority of consensus whenever you debate a technocrat.
>>
>>133107379
Did you know the polar ice caps in msrs are melting? It's true, look it up. Seriously.

I don't believe in earth global warming. I believe in mars global warming. We must tax the martians to pay for carbon neutral marxist tax credits. Those darn martians and their SUV vehicles are destroying the universe
>>
>>133112575
But scientific investigation has not evidenced that the additional green house gasses in our atmosphere are a result of our pollution. It is possible the global sea temperature change is actually driving atmospheric CO2 increase and not vice versa, as it has done in the past. The evidence that mankind is responsible is correlational and nothing more.
>>
>>133112342
5 star post
You hit a 6 with that one nige
>>
>>133109599

This.

Try refuting it OP
>>
File: TheExpanse_blog_belter_creole_01.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheExpanse_blog_belter_creole_01.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>133112799
Yeah fuck Mars!
>>
http://www.science20.com/news_releases/where_does_co2_go_mystery_missing_sinks

Man made climate change IS real. The science is settled with regards to infrared atmospheric reflection. That's simple physics.

What isn't settled is the natural carbon sinks in the earth. The carbon cycle is remarkably poorly understood, and somewhere between 1/5 to 1/3 of all carbon that SHOULD be in the atmosphere just magically disappeared.

Concurrently, as others have stated, the earth's temperature fluctuations vary considerably with national oscillations of earth's rotation, orbit, and sun cycles due to gravitational effects.

Do we need to restrict carbon output in the atmosphere? Of course. But do we need to do it RIGHT FUCKING NOW?! Nope. Any "green" initiatives we're seeing right now are horse shit designed to make some virtue signaling millionaires make more money.

The vast majority of "green" policies that the government introduces are basically designed to benefit certain individuals and corporations through economic manipulation and virtue signaling. Likewise, most of the anti-petroleum crap is bullshit which is made up. We have enough oil to last us hundreds of years.

Fixing our atmospheric waste isn't a matter of legislation and government bullshit. It's a matter of effective alternatives. Oil is an incredibly efficient and high energy chemical. The only way we'll reduce the need for it is when cleaner nuclear power is developed, and solar costs and efficiency finally break a critical threshold.

At current trends, we'll probably break that critical threshold at some point within the next 30 years. The problem is inherently self-solving. We keep doing science and research and engineering like we always have, and in time we'll crack open some better energy sources which will replace petroleum. The current trajectory of alternative energy sources will overtake our carbon output much faster.

tldr; It's a problem, but it's not the problem the MSM makes it out it be.
>>
>>133112674
>China being China is America's fault!
The logic of a child who wants another child punished by any means.
>>
>>133112818
Uh, we know how much we've pumped out in the past 200 years, Richard.
>>
>>133112142
>Demand falls if cost increases
correct
>thats hardly good for polluting firms in developing nations.
incorrect

Developing nations won't get punished or have severe restrictions imposed because they are 'poor, developing, victims of imperialism, don't know any better' and OPEC nations are exempt too because petro-shekels and vested interestst. Same crap has been going on since the kyoto debacle. Back then they used outdated info on pollution intentionally because fall of communism brought fresh capital and technology to former communist nations and pollution was already lowered. But, if you start with outdated info then you can claim that kyoto protocols brought improvement that was already there by the time it was decided on.
>>
>>133113084
We do not "know", we can only estimate. Some people are better at estimating than others, and some like to manipulate opinions with their faulty estimations.
>>
>>133112954
We fueled and continue to fuel most of their economy, because we want cheap consumer goods even if they are made in an unregulated country. So yes, we're to blame.
>>
>>133112954
The logic of a child who won't accept that he deserves punishment.
>>
>>133112953
Oh, and while we're at it. Carbon sinks naturally expand with increased carbon in the atmosphere. More of the earth is covered in forests and greenery now than 100 years ago. Increases co2 in the atmosphere means plants have an easier time, which allows them to grow and expand faster.

As long as we don't increase ocean acidity massively(something we DO need to fix), the carbon problem WILL sort itself out. Other forms of pollution are damaging and need to be restricted by government policy, but the government already puts a lot of pressure on that.
>>
File: c13-c13ratio.atmosphericCO2.jpg (52KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
c13-c13ratio.atmosphericCO2.jpg
52KB, 500x316px
>>133112818
you're just completely wrong, I'm sorry

we can observe that the added carbon is made up by significantly more light C-atoms. Which is consistent with the burning of (biogenic) fossil fuels but completely inconsistent with volcanic exhalation, ocean outgassing or anything like that.

The rate is furthermore unprecedented for the times at which we have a finely resolved geologic record. CO2 concentration shooting up that way in the matter of a few decades is pretty much unheard of in the paleoclimate record and is therefore inconsistent with any known natural processes.
>>
>>133113242
>we
Show flag. And how are Americans benefiting from Chinese ghost cities? Chinese oil exploration of the south sea? Chinese food stuffs?
We don't.

Did you know oil price was super inflated years ago because of China? And the price is low now because they are no longer building ghost cities?
Educate yourself.
>>
>>133113198
You're the child who won't accept responsibility and then gets easily manipulated because he plugs his ears. I don't care though, I'll be happy to see you and your ilk get what you deserve.
>>
>>133113334
>deserve punishment for an imagined crime
Typical
>>
>>133113084
Actually we dont know how much CO2 is in our atmosphere, we know how much CO2 is in any given part of our atmosphere at a given time as a proportion. There is no way to measure the mass of the the atmosphere and how much CO2 is in it accurately, and one theory for climate change is sea temperature change, which makes sense due to a possible feedback loop caused by an increase in decrease in global albedo, as more ice melts and the sea expands.

We have an estimate of 'how much we've pumped out', we have an estimate of how much is in the atmosphere, we have an estimate of how much has been absorbed back by the biosphere, we have an estimate of how much was there in the first place before the industrial revolution.

What we dont have is conclusive data that CO2 levels are a result of anthropegic activity to a significant extent.
>>
>>133113490
>I don't care though
>I'm only responding to your post and caring to type things out
>you aren't worth the time I'm spending on you!
Man you are stupid
>>
>>133113418
Yes, because increased c02 is the only factor in plant growth that is changing. And the regrowth of forests aftrr they were logged that is responsible for the increase in coverage is guaranteed to remain, Even in the face of desertification and destruction in the third world.
>>
>>133107379
At the end of the day it results in global wealth redistribution
I'd rather build a wall to block out the sea than give money to niggers
>>
>>133111883
Energy efficiency will probably be the main thing that saves us from climate change. More efficient cars, mechanical systems, production lines and importantly people all help us take care of more people while consuming less energy and thus outputting less CO2. An African who recieves an education and dies at 20 due to malaria is ridiculously inefficient in comparison to an African who recieves an education and lives to 40. An increasing African population is an indication of greater energy efficiency and thus potentially greater chances of averting climate change.

>>133111976
lmfao carbon taxes aren't making anyone rich, the ones that have been put in place bring in nothing in comparison to other taxes.

>>133112059
Chinas emissions are primarily due to western demand. Punishing them would only punish us.

>>133112202
>I'm more inclined to believe it's an international kike plot designed to leech wealth off human existence
But they could just raise the income tax by a few percent and make far more money doing so with far less of a political challenge.

>Earth's climate goes in cycles and is more likely that the result is natural than man-made
We're currently in the middle of an interglacial period during which temperatures are largely stable, doesn't end for another few thousand years.

>>133112271
Sorry it wasn't milankovitch driven. It appears that it was probably due to changing water currents which prevented warmer water from circulating north.

> Given that the climate does change over time, pushing it towards more warmth instead of more cooling is actually a GOOD thing
Well it depends how much cooling and how much heating. Anything within moderation and inside a certain range is fine, runaway heating or rapid cooling is not.
>>
>>133113634
>>133113679
>>133113535
Fuck all of you. Retard.
>>
>>133113422
I love graphs like these where they start changing around the 50s, when methods to test these things were developed.
Shows they are obviously extrapolated, and whoever did it had a vested interest in the results being in line with their theory.

Fake science that changes the results to fit the hypothesis.
>>
>>133113983
>REEE TAKE MY FAKE SCIENCE AS FACT REEE
>>
Human activity contributing to global warming is a fact and there is enough scientific proof of it. As with everything that generates a profit (((they))) saw an opportunity here which leads to all the bullshit about climate change, (taxes, investment etc...) IMO humanity has the capacity to make some changes in the three principal sources of pollution ( Industry, transport, home comsuption) but ((((( they)))) somehow fuck it up like everything
>>
>>133114056
FUCKAAAA YOOOOOO FAT AMERIKEEEEENNNNNN
>>
>>133107379
We occupy a state of eternal transition. The climate never stops changing. China is polluting itself into oblivion making "green" products wrapped in garbage for retards who buy into your idiotic rhetoric to consume. Faggot.
>>
>>133114218
You are probably a filthy g*rman aren't you. You still haven't shown your flag.
>>
>>133113726
Except the vast majority of co2 absorbing greenery is plankton on the surface of the earth's water bodies. Desertification is a series problem, but it's also not as big of a problem as its made out to be. We still need to fix it tho
>>
>>133114088
Based redpilled Belarusian is correct
>>
>>133114273
The problem wont be the east coast turning into the Sahara. It will turn in central texas. Semi arid.
>>
>>133107379
Ah yes, the (((((science))))) of climate change.
>>
>>133114088
I agree with this guy.
>>
>>133113954
>But they could just raise the income tax by a few percent and make far more money doing so with far less of a political challenge.
income tax is filling local kikes' coffers, not international yids'
income tax treads on individuals and there are many ways of avoiding having one's pound of flesh sliced off annually; the co2 jew targets productive enterprise that may not escape its greedy grasp in case an int'l agreement is in place to make it impossible to avoid it regardless of chosen jurisdiction

>We're currently in the middle of an interglacial period during which temperatures are largely stable, doesn't end for another few thousand years.
there are so many variables at play here that this statement may or may not be correct
>>
>>133112342
First, the issue of power generation and the issue of rainforests are independent; different people and organizations are responsible for them and you cannot focus on one over the other.

Second, the climate change debate is actually secondary to the choice of power sources, because people are more concerned about the more immediate effects. We all remember stories of smogs and acid rains in Europe. We all know that Chinese air is shit. We now and then hear that air quality in some industrial areas of the US and Russia is bad and people there suffer from various health conditions. Now and then, there are incidents at nuclear power stations. We know that gas and oil money fund wars in the Middle East. And so on.
>>
File: arctic sea ice volume.png (96KB, 1364x992px) Image search: [Google]
arctic sea ice volume.png
96KB, 1364x992px
>>133112288
Its NSIDC data you can look at it for yourself.

The person I responded to was using 2003-2008 data

>>133112342
>Cutting down 2 football pitches worth of rainforest every hour, drift net fishing thousands of tonnes of marine life
Hmmm I wonder what makes them engage in so much of this activity (demand in developed countries)

And I'm not sure how much birthrates matter when only a few children survive

>>133112521
Large temperature decreases have also been due to volcanic eruptions which spew out aerosols into the atmosphere. The climate is influenced by many factors only one of which is the sun.

>>133112683
Volcanoes output fuck all what are you talking about. Also the net effect of most eruptions is cooling due to SO2 emissions, it might be volcanoes that actually save us from increasing temperatures.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S092181810200070X
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2001RG000105/abstract
>>
>>133114088
>Human activity contributing to global warming is a fact

Wrong, retard.
>>
>>133113986
maybe you have something with your eyes, but for me the graph shows a clear downward trend starting at ~1800

and you don't need to make feeble speculations about the methodology when there is an entire paper outlining it in detail:
it's from Böhm et al. (2002)

if people would just start looking things up instead of going on gut feeling based on the flimsiest of observations, we would be doing a lot better
>>
>>133107379

fuck off slut of the jew. So much information REAL information out that Climate change is a jew tax.

I wish I could take you by the hair smash you head down and rape your pus or ass
>>
>>133114428
Yeah but then the northern climates will unfreeze to make up for it to some degree.

That being said, simple geometry shows that the amount of equatorial land removed from the equation by desertification will NOT be made up by northern and southern expansion. Especially since the key latitudes in the southern hemisphere are all aquatic. But it does significantly reduce the impact. And the amount of increased plankton growth areas in northern and southern latitudes combined with the equatorial waters that are immune to desertification ultimately makes the effect on the total co2 cycle not as bad as stated.
>>
>>133108047
Modern designs shut down when improperly managed. You need someone who knows what he's doing to turn it on. Not having someone who knows how to turn it off isn't a fear anymore.
>>
>>133107379
I accept that the climate changes.
I just don't accept it's human activity causing it.
>>
File: char.jpg (76KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
char.jpg
76KB, 800x450px
We need to leave Mother Earth so she can rest for a while.
>>
>>133114961
Mmk so plankton will be the carbon sink we need? Think again. Also, good luck farming that boreal and glacial soil.
>>
>>133115050
hell, I can even accept that human activity contributes to it - why wouldn't it?

The question is how much, and if the models' predictions are correct.

Scientists have made consensus predictions based on shitty models that were completely wrong: peak oil, fats are bad, global food shortage, etc
>>
File: America_WWII.jpg (222KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
America_WWII.jpg
222KB, 1280x800px
>>133108531

Spoken like a fellow physicist. Fuck any science that isn't repeatable, and subject to result that is reliably calculable.
>>
>>133107379

because I am not a scientist hahahah. Chaos and Catastrophe are good for humanity in the long term. We will figure out Geoengineering once Wall Street is underwater. It really isnt that hard. Bill Gates could do it all by himself if he wanted to.
>>
>>133115246
if only we had a thing called fertilizer and greenhouses, I've heard of advanced non-communist cultures using it once
>>
File: 1495757388719.jpg (112KB, 772x817px) Image search: [Google]
1495757388719.jpg
112KB, 772x817px
>>133107379
Consensus building is not science, you retarded dipshit.
>>
>>133107379
I can accept it but dont care. I care about important issues like cis rights and bathroom equality
>>
>>133107379
I accept the facts, and reject the exaggerated and miscalculated climate models.
You know, for a people that insists on facts the ecomentalists do a great job of avoiding them.
>>
>>133115264
So basically you are stuck criticizing the shit from the 80's. The science back then was based on fear and naivety; now its rock solid.
>>
>>133115619
You don't know shit about farming buddy.
>>
>>133107379
I reject climate science based on politics. I don't care if it's factually correct. If the other side of the political spectrum also knows it's correct then I will reject it.
>>
File: 1493428042893.gif (2MB, 419x292px) Image search: [Google]
1493428042893.gif
2MB, 419x292px
>>133115777
Says the idiotic dumbass that subscribes to the political religion that has killed millions of people due to an inability to farm properly.
>>
>>133114428
But who cares if the fly over states turn into deserts? If they all die, that's good for the world. They had a chance to stop it. They should have known better. This happened once before with the Dust Bowl. If they don't learn, then they will die. That's evolution and natural selection. Only the fit will remain. Flyover republicucks will all die.
>>
>>133115777
I'm not your buddy, comrade
that may be almost as true as communists not being able to avoid catastrophic famines
>>
>>133115994
Communism was never done correctly shit Lord. The Soviet Union did increase it agriculture output immensely though, they just sucked at distribution and not being corrupt and genocidal.
>>
File: putin kills.jpg (42KB, 606x416px) Image search: [Google]
putin kills.jpg
42KB, 606x416px
>>133107379
>>133107704

Current theories dont take into account Water Vapor.

They also dont take into account:
> Cooking the books on temperature readings
> and Lysenkoism
>>
>>133116058
You can't do industrial farming in thin, acidic, mineral soils turd brain.
>>
File: solar activity v temp.gif (10KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
solar activity v temp.gif
10KB, 500x335px
>>133112953
>Concurrently, as others have stated, the earth's temperature fluctuations vary considerably with national oscillations of earth's rotation, orbit, and sun cycles due to gravitational effects
Currently solar output is decreasing. We're halfway through an interglacial period during which temperatures are generally stable.

>Fixing our atmospheric waste isn't a matter of legislation and government bullshit
But climate change is the mother of all failures. I can fill up my tank tomorrow and pay a price that doesn't account for the fact that some guy 100 years from now is going to have a worse life because of my purchase. Both sides of this transaction couldn't be less disconnected from the person bearing part of the cost. Any good economist will tell you that a tax on the product to account for this cost is essential here.

>>133113191
>Developing nations won't get punished or have severe restrictions imposed because they are 'poor, developing, victims of imperialism, don't know any better' and OPEC nations are exempt too because petro-shekels and vested interestst.
I don't understand. Are you trying to say that consumers will be guilted in to buying the same amount products from China despite the fact they're more expensive because they think developing nations are oppressed? Also I'm not talking about placing restrictions or directly punishing developing nations I'm just saying that they won't sell as much product as they previously did and will thus be worse off.

>>133113418
> Increases co2 in the atmosphere means plants have an easier time, which allows them to grow and expand faster.
But plants also need moderate, predictable temperatures and water to grow. Both of which aren't assisted by climate change.

>the carbon problem WILL sort itself out
It only ever has in the past when the earth has shifted sufficiently far enough from the sun such that excess CO2 may dissolve in the ocean.
>>
>>133116219
>Current theories dont take into account Water Vapor

please stop making things up
>>
>>133116237
with commies anything is possible, for instance turning a place formerly known as aral sea into salty desert so slaves can into cotton
>>
>>133107379
Because I experienced the lie from the beginning.
First it was
>global cooling
omg lads, we gonna have a new ice age by tomorrow, if we don't ban oil and coal products in the western world by right now
>global warming
omg if we don't cripple the developed world industry right now earth will be 90°C warm in all places within the next 8 years goys
Those fuckers still don't fall for it, I have it let's call it
>man made climate change
we can make up what ever facts we want how ever we want it. It's cold, global cooling caused by man made climate change, gib money goys, it's warm, omg global warming caused by man made climate change, gib money goy

And that's where we are, 0 scientific proof, not a single valid projection, not even the slightest consent among relevant climate researchers and any time they need proof for their hoax they ask 2000 feminist dance therapy professors and call it
>professors and researchers world wide agree

Asking a "alternative african american history" aka Kangzology professors from the diploma mill university of social justice in bumfuck no where for his opinion about climate change is not scientific nor does it hold any value.
>>
>>133107379
>HURR CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL
>HURR LET'S MAKE MORE CHILDREN
>NO AFRICA DOESN'T HAVE AN OVERPOPULATION PROBLEM
Fucking kill yourself, if you believe in climate change you must believe that humanity needs to become a tenth of its current population.
>>
>>133116219
>Lysenkoism
:D
>>
>>133107379
It's not a science. You've been lied to. Neither of the two branches of climatology is a science, yet they tell you they are: that's the hallmark of professional liars who should not be trusted.
>I cheated on you with your brother, but I love you and am faithful to only you.
>As an expert in relationships anon, I'm glad ours is so strong. You're not a relationship-strength denier, are you?
>>
>>133107865
Polar bears have black skin and clear hair. They aren't white.
>>
earth is about 4.5 billion years old
humans are about 250,000 years old
ice age ended in northern hemisphere about 10,000 years ago - what caused the warming then?
internal combustion engine invented about 1859
thermometers invented 1638 - no international standards until 1990
Detailed information exists since 1850, when methodical thermometer-based records began.
Carbon dioxide - CO = car exaust = bad = suffocate
Carbon monoxide - CO2 = breath = plant food
>>
I do accept the science. The USA can't fix the problem alone, and I don't trust the other countries to not take advantage of us if we put a burden on our businesses.

I'm not willing to have my taxes go up, or to have my fellow american's employment suffer.
>>
File: f00.jpg (70KB, 600x946px) Image search: [Google]
f00.jpg
70KB, 600x946px
>>133116128
>Communism was never done correctly shit Lord

>Doesn't know that Communism progresses in a series of adaptive stages, often times seemingly at odds with Communist goals

Dumbass, you don't even understand your own religion. I'll probably be the one to put your ass in the ditch like that cunt Luxembourg.
>>
>>133116609
>ice age ended in northern hemisphere about 10,000 years ago - what caused the warming then?

how about this: instead of throwing around questions in the confident expectation that there couldn't possibly be an answer, why don't you just look up the conclusions climatologists have been extensively documenting in the published literature?
>>
Climate Change according to the " scientific community" and news agencies is fake news
>>
>>133107379
It's 100% fake news.

Alex Epstein on Dave Rubin.
>>
>>133108952
>One kilo in Kenya is going to go further than one kilo in the US

You're entirely full of shit and that statement just made me discount everything you have or will say. We make damn good use of our energy here
>>
>>133108190
This is true
>>
File: GHG v temp.png (125KB, 543x343px) Image search: [Google]
GHG v temp.png
125KB, 543x343px
>>133114724
>the co2 jew targets productive enterprise that may not escape its greedy grasp in case an int'l agreement is in place to make it impossible to avoid it regardless of chosen jurisdiction
Alright then they could just impose a progressive corporate tax. Only corporations have to pay it so you wouldn't have any issues convincing the electorate.

>there are so many variables at play here that this statement may or may not be correct
Not really, we know where we are in the cycle even without climate science. Astronomy can tell us the proximity between the earth and the sun.

>>133114932
>I wish I could take you by the hair smash you head down and rape your pus or ass
>Jew fetish

>>133115264
>>133115718
A lot of climate models have been correct though>>133110653

>>133116219
>Current theories dont take into account Water Vapor.
Yeah they do. If they didn't they wouldn't predict the runaway effect and the predictions would be way under observations.
>>
>>133110617
Assuming the worst of the worst doomsday models regarding CO2 warmings are true and nothing in the system adjusts over hundreds of years
>>
>>133117176
this has nothing to do with models - it's an observation from the paleoclimate record
>>
>>133107379
because the animals in your image are doing just fine
https://polarbearscience.com/2015/05/31/global-polar-bear-population-size-is-about-26000-20000-32000-despite-pbsg-waffling/
>>
>>133117112
>progressive
you sound academically bubbled, anon
you have to understand that "corporate tax" is something that is killing small and medium enterprise on top of all existing commie schemes, these are small companies or individual entrepreneurs that lack significant lobbying power whic would allow them to go about it as large enterprises do, legislating their way out of paying for anything or fucking off to some godforsaken jurisdiction in order to avoid paying
>>
>>133110617
Are you trying to seriously peddle that 100ppm more and we all die and we become a water world?

Lmao ok
>>
File: 1495764243243.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495764243243.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>133117580
No, don't hurt the Liberal corporate monopoly that chokes small business and entrepreneurs to death with punitive tax codes.
>>
>>133116862
Because the peer review process has been shown to be increasingly faulty as PC has invaded the soft sciences. Any non-consensus studies are encouraged NOT to be published. If there was any objective assessment to be made then the faulty models would be cast out.

But...our ability to model and predict is so weak that we can't get ANY model, so the one that has consensus now is unshakable. Many scientific fields are under serious burden right now with failure to reproduce experiments and form predictive models. Things like psychology/psychiatry, climatology, sociology, and so on are seriously failing right to remain rigorous.

Also, unrelated but interesting. Pharmaceutical companies will run tons of studies and only publish beneficial ones, as will college research centers looking for grants and donations. This means that often times worrying research on SSRIs, antipsychotics, and ADHD meds will fail to surface until decades later. That's why we're only just now seeing studies showing that aderall and ritalin are having permanent brain changes on children after being administered for relatively short periods(couple months to a year) during childhood.

If you got brain issues, get your meds, but be careful as FUCK about giving that shit to kids. Better to hold off until they're in college and if they're still having issues then jump on the psychiatric horse. Otherwise you might just amplify problems that would have sorted themselves out normally.
>>
>>133117722
depends on what your definition of "water world" is
but you saw what I wrote and it's the conclusion you come to when studying the Cenozoic climate record.
If you have nothing to offer against that besides your own personal incredulity, then I rest my case.
>>
>>133111969
Plant life developed during the Cambrian explosion where CO2 levels were 7000ppm
>>
>>133112142
Please stop posting Skeptical, it's very intellectually dishonest and downright manipulative

https://www.masterresource.org/debate-issues/skeptical-science-website/
An actual physicist shits on the site as being anti-science
http://www.populartechnology.net/2012/03/truth-about-skeptical-science.html?m=1
Loads of inconsistencies and lies and falsehoods with censoring and deleting and ignoring debunking. SkS is a political machine, not a science
>>
File: 1498158934061.png (429KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498158934061.png
429KB, 500x500px
>>133107379
Polar Bear populations have done nothing but rise over the last 50 years.
>>
>>133112575
>do you people honestly think that increasing CO2 by 42%,
CO2 is less than one tenth of one percent of the atmosphere. Stop using Jewish tricks to make litterally nothing sound enormous.

The CO2 feedback loop hypothesis has been disproven by its continued failure to accurately predict results.
>>
>>133116813
Im still correct. Communism in its correct form has never been done
>>
>>133118302
who actually gives a fuck about them?
what is their impact on humanity? substandard seals surviving?
they certainly wouldn't be the first nor the last life form exterminated by the hands of the apex predator
>>
>>133118352
guess what: the concentration of ozone is even smaller with ~1ppm in the atmospheric column. Yet you wouldn't say that therefore ozone has a negligible effect on the earth's surface (or maybe you do).

Is it really an impossible cognitive feat for you to recognize that tiny amounts (in relative terms) can have significant effects?
This "literally nothing" gas we're talking about here is the principial control knob regulating surface temperature
>>
>>133116401
I mean its a solution but not a good one, there are far more other options we should exhaust before heading down that path

>>133116609
>ice age ended in northern hemisphere about 10,000 years ago - what caused the warming then?
Sun, CO2 and H2O forcing mainly

>thermometers invented 1638 - no international standards until 1990
Methodologies are accounted for via homogenisation and the record can be verified with proxies

>Carbon monoxide - CO2 = breath = plant food
Heat and drought = plant murderers = bad

>>133116970
kms, start listening to actual climate scientists for information on climate science

>>133117067
>We make damn good use of our energy here
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lawofdiminishingutility.asp
You do but economics simply prevents you from ever using it as well as a Kenyan may.

For a similar scenario think of two identical productions lines except one has two machines and one has 5 000 machines. As all other factors were probably being underutilised by the firm with only two machines (factory space, maintenance team, power) if they were to buy one more machine they'd have a greater ROI than then firm which already has 5 000 machines.

The same applies for energy use in Kenya and the US, the energy in Kenya would likely be used for something far more dire than in the US, say providing basic electrical services (heating, light, cooking) to an impoverished town.

>>133117580
>you sound academically bubbled, anon
wtf do you call a tax that increases in percentage as revenue increases then?

Also I don't support any corporate tax I'm just saying that if the government were truly out to fuck over the prosperous as much as possible that'd be a better way of doing it then imposing a carbon tax

>>133118261
I try not to but I was only really interested in the list on the page of all the investigations made into climategate and no place else seems to have it.
>>
>>133118460
And how would you go about establishing communism this time, you fucking idiot?
>>
File: 1492730689594.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492730689594.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>133118460
No you're not, and this shows you ignorance.
If you actually studied what your religion teaches, you'd see that the murderous and totalitarian march to statelessness IS Communism.
Keep getting all your info from internet memes and other dumbass pop-culture references you hear at school. It's in my best interest that you people remain clueless and slavishly braindead.
>>
>>133117176
>>133117309

What is Pascal's Wager?
>>
>>133116862
if someone were funding me to find proof of climate change, i would find it because it is politically correct
>>
>>133118856
Killing the rich and then killing idiots like you. Then making state owned companies that pay fair wages and don't have owners to steal profits. Naturally they will destroy the competition.
>>
File: IMG_3533.png (35KB, 570x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3533.png
35KB, 570x705px
>>133114892
Ok so reading your study, why didnt you post this graph?
>The excellent reproducibility between records from different sites of similar water depth (Figures 3b and 3e) shows that sponge skeletons can reliably register **regional** environmental signals
What about this quote?

>The observed close correlation of our data with atmospheric pCO2 indicates a common and therefore global cause. The most likely common cause of all observed carbon cycle changes is an increase in the global biogenic carbon mass during the Little Ice Age [Trudinger et al., 1999; Joos et al., 1999]. At the same time, the combined atmospheric and marine data allow for only minor global cooling of the ocean surface
And this?
>>
>>133118848
Population control is literally the only answer, that and strict control of pollution.
It doesn't mean one shit how "green" you try to go if our population continues to go up. You're talking about a few years to a few decades difference.
While if we dropped to a tenth of our world population the world could actually return to its own natural state.

Right now it means nothing, especially when China doubles the rest of the world combined with its pollution.
>>
>>133118978
Pascal's wager is a thought experiment concerning a hypothetical supernatural deity
>>
>>133118924
The paths to communism are not thr end goal. Equating the soviet union to future forms of communism is just a lie you spew.
>>
>>133116388
Their allowance for water vapour in the models is lower than CO2 or methane generally which points to the fact that they dont care about it and dont view it as the source of the problem, if any

Probably why they cant predict shit
>>
>>133118848
>wtf do you call a tax that increases in percentage as revenue increases then
I wasn't addressing the use of terminology but the aftermath of implementing it, which is catastrophic for the people who have no possibility of going around it, the local people; on the other hand, globalists love it because they get rid of localpatriotism and competition, kind of like mafia, if you will

when it comes to taxes, all of them are made with the best intentions, most of which lead to hell of skewed markets; the only ones benefitting from them directly are government employees, state budget users and their successful public bidders; I'm a bit jaded when it comes to wealth redistribution schemes, I'm sure it comes across the screen
>>
File: the-crowd.jpg (52KB, 940x380px) Image search: [Google]
the-crowd.jpg
52KB, 940x380px
>>133119278
I'm not equating the SU with anything, you're so far below my level you can't even understand the discussion at hand. When you hit the ditch nothing of value will have been lost to Communism.
>>
>>133107379
Why do libshits alwaya say this?
Nobody is denying climate change, of course the climate fucking changes its called the ice age
We deny that humans have any impact on it because to this day there is zero proof, kinda like the holohoax
>>
>>133119080
>Then making state owned companies that pay fair wages and don't have owners to steal profits. Naturally they will destroy the competition.
Hell no, there's no reason they would do better than the competition. Exploiting the workers allows them to use the money elsewhere, and while it's not fair, it is very efficient.
Capitalism let the rich invest in projects, which is what built the fucking world around you.
You also want to end individual property. This is horseshit and you know it, nobody wants to work knowing they'll never ever be able to build heritage. If you don't let some room for dream and ambition in your society, nobody will accomplish anything.
>>
>>133119264
*sigh*

A. I believe in God. God is real. Infinite happiness in heaven.
B. I believe in God. God is not real. Some loss of resources and time.
C. I do not believe in God. God is real. Infinite misery in hell.
D. I do not believe in God. God is not real. No change.

A. I believe in AGW and attempt to fix it. AGW is real. I save the earth.
B. I believe in AGW and attempt to fix it. AGW is not real. Some loss of resources and time.
C. I do not believe in AGW. AGW is real. The earth is destroyed.
D. I do not believe in AGW. AGW is not real. No change.

Look, man made climate change is real. No doubt there. But the idea that if we don't cut CO2 by massive amounts and put our trust in "green" energy corporations and government policies or we will face an eternity of torm-er, the destruction of the earth is basically a cult. The parallels are uncanny.

The entire AGW push by climate cultists is essentially pascal's wager, on science that is NOT settled. We know co2 has a big effect on the environment, and that we are putting a ton into the atmosphere. But we have no idea on the nuances of the co2 cycle, and atmospheric co2 has been MANY times higher in the past than it is right now.

We're far better off just focusing on improving alternative energy sources than trying to shut down and restrict fossil fuel uses. But the crazy climate cultists want to literally destroy economies and put their blind faith into green corporations and the government. That's a cult.
>>
>>133119493
The carbon tax that was implemented in Australia came with concessions in the corporate and personal tax rates. If you really want to get rid of said catastrophic taxes how could you not support a carbon tax? Even if you don't believe in climate change you have to acknowledge that transaction taxes like the GST and carbon taxes are far less distortionary than the conceded taxes
>>
>>133117957
Your bullshit claim was repeated for decades and decades. I've already lived through 4 different apocalypses. 80m isn't going to happen because during the Ceznoic, as you fail to state, the continents were splitting apart creating oceans

Do you consider ocean creation via continental divergence to be the same as flooding the whole world Noah's Ark style like you say will happen?
>>
File: a_real_nasty_habit.jpg (62KB, 720x500px) Image search: [Google]
a_real_nasty_habit.jpg
62KB, 720x500px
>>133107379
>>133107379
http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spectacularly-wrong-apocalyptic-predictions-made-around-the-time-of-the-first-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/tracking-us-temperature-fraud/

https://thsresearch.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/ef-gast-data-research-report-062717.pdf

Real scientists do not fiddle with historic data.
The 3rd link DESTROYS the whole AGW garbage.
AGW is politics.
>>
>>133118848
That's because SkS is a propaganda outlet that silences dissent through editing, hiding, deleting and adhom bullying. It's why they post bogus studies like the 97% joke - want my copypasta I made on that in which the actual people who were cited completely shit on that paper?
>>
>>133119202
why didn't I post this graph? Because it's only used to establish the relationship between coral thickness and age. It doesn't have any immediate significance to the discussion.

>What about this quote?
the answer comes right in the next sentence:

>The great similiarity between the Jamaica and Pedro Bank records indicates that the measured carbon isotope signal is representative for open sea surface waters of the central Caribbean and of the equatorial to tropical/subtropical Atlantic Ocean.

In fact, you then go on to quote the part yourself where it says that this is representative of global conditions and not just regional phenomenon. So how does this help your side exactly?
>>
File: dem therapy.jpg (63KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
dem therapy.jpg
63KB, 400x284px
>>133108472
Worthless to try and convince these 'religious zealots' their faith in falsified science is misplaced.
*Hint*...it's about 'feels', not 'thought'.
>>
>>133119899
>B. I believe in AGW and attempt to fix it. AGW is not real. Some loss of resources and time.
wrong, mass adoption of clean and renewable energies would be a big net benefit to society and the environment even if climate change didn't eventuate.

if you think continued reliance on fossil fuels, especially petrol is in anyway desirable regardless of the impact of climate change you are either fucking retarded or an oil company shill
>>
>>133108670
Hahaha how will they feed.
>>
>>133119419
again, please stop making things up
the radiative forcing resulting from water vapor with doubling of CO2 is widely regarded to roughly TRIPLE the direct warming of CO2.

You're completely misinformed when you think water vapor is neglected by climatologists
>>
>>133107379
Polar bears are doing better than ever.
>>
>>133119899
unlike the existence of God, global warming is a physical science matter.

So your entire point is moot.
>>
>>133120949
unlike global warming, God is real.
>>
>>133121025
Unlike God global warming can actually be proven through observable data.
>>
>>133119643
Youre saying that SU style totalitarianism is necessary, thats bullshit
>>
>>133120190
the position of the continents doesn't have any direct effect on sea level

and you're wrong about the Cenozoic. The continents at the beginning of the Cenozoic were in roughly the same position they are in today. The only real exception is India, which was still south of the Equator in the early Paleocene.
>>
>>133121134
So why do alarmists have to lie to make their point?
>>
>>133120784
on each other
if you take a look at SAR's historic population counts you'd see what r-selection does, parasites breed until they've killed the host
>>
>>133121144
why would anyone part themselves from the fruits of their labor if not for fear of terror and inability to escape it?
>>
>>133107379
its more a matter of not caring. Why try to save a world that will be 100% chinks, poos, niggers, and muds?
>>
how can there be global warming when the earth isnt a globe
>>
>>133121144
Go around your neighborhood and explain to people that you are in support of taxation to offer more benefits to others. Report back here with your findings.

Hardmode: Actually go outside.
>>
>>133121676
Ownership uses terror and force just as much as forced taking of anything. You think profits from ownership are fruits of labor, you're wrong. When everyone will get a fair wage, there won't be any departing.
>>
>>133122181
Thats socialism. What I advocate is fair distribution of wages. Which will be accomplished by having means of production that have common ownership.
>>
>>133107379
I agree that the climate is changing. I don't know what is causing it, and I don't care. We have much bigger problems to address than a slowly warming climate.
>>
>>133120691
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about restriction of petroleum products. In 50-100 years solar and nuclear will render petroleum obsolete, but is it really worth it to weaken our economy and consolidate power in the government and top corporations even MORE than already in the short term? Nope.
>>
Global warming is the revenge of Ra the sun god for being abandoned and forgotten. There is naught we can do but worship Ra and hope he changes his mind.
>>
File: jim carey.jpg (7KB, 216x243px) Image search: [Google]
jim carey.jpg
7KB, 216x243px
>>133115730
>The science back then was based on fear and naivety; now its rock solid.
>>
>>133122471
>common ownership
Confirmed for not going outside. Have you ever been to a national park, a playground, library, courthouse, etc...?

>means of production
What do you mean by this? Are you talking about unions?
>>
File: iceage.gif (65KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
iceage.gif
65KB, 600x388px
>>133107379
Remember the iceage?
How did cavemen melt the ice without hummers?
>>
Warming and CO2 is good for the planet. Prove me wrong. Pro tip, you can't.
>>
>>133123716
Obviously them breathing produced more co2 which caused the Earth to warm, Humans have been the only reason for climate change, don't you know anon?
>>
>>133122287
>ownership
the sole motivation in getting off one's ass; needs in marxist sense are not the end-goal, needs are different among individuals and represent the baseline of their existence; wants are closely related to ownership and the main driver for progress and self-actualisation in my book

>fairness
fairness is not a concept found anywhere in nature; self-regulation is by punishing excesses and rewarding innovation
also consider the well-established fact that Pareto distribution is present everywhere and cannot be ignored, only attempted to be fruitlessly countered, which ultimately results in negative selection of humans posessing evolutionarily undesirable traits

>wage
what you're advocating is subordination modelled after industrial era, what I'm advocating is free cooperation among individuals, as in global entrepreneurship where one finds their niche(s) to be offered on the free market at an appropriate price point; such an unskewed competition would result in the most efficient use of resources possible and negate any manipulation by some so-called authority
>>
>>133107510
it's a polarbear
>>
>>133107379
All of the false prophecies really turned me off. Then after every single failed prediction, the climate cult is ready to go right back to bring infallible. It's almost like a *gasp* religion.
>>
>>133123716
let's be honest here: this has got to be the worst pseudo-argument in this entire debate.

It barely even qualifies as an argument. You're just parading around your own ignorance.
>>
>>133111699
Or how about if the earths natural orbit goes back to lowering temperatures? It's almost as if humans have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>133107817
2017 still thinks nuclear power is real
>>
File: IMG_0558.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0558.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>>133124172
>He thinks windmills are a sufficient source of energy for billions of people
>>
Fun fact: If the world's population all held their breath at the same time, for a second, we'd have 43% less Co2 in the atmosphere in 2 weeks.
>>
>>133124504
Fun fact: No.
>>
>>133124504
Funfact: wrong
>>
>>133124504
fun fact: if subhumans were eradicated off the face of the earth we'd have no problems whatsoever
>>
>>133107379
>Science
What science? The UN based their decisions on a fake study that refused to produce proof, got sued for it, and lost.

They still refuse to supply their data, they'd rather pay millions.

http://principia-scientific.org/breaking-fatal-courtroom-act-ruins-michael-hockey-stick-mann/
>>
>>133124768
[pure coincidence intensifies]
>>
>>133124768
The "hockey stick" has been abandoned by climatologists long ago. The only reason it was produced was because early computer models were based only on CO2 levels and no other factors.
>>
>>133123334
State owned companies that follow communist ideals as an alternative to CEO run, profit above all corporations. The state owned businesses would still run like a business, but pay fair wages, no less and no more. Profits get recycled back into the company instead of some owners bank account. Products get sold at a lower price due to less need for profits. Requires no tax payer money besides the initial investment which gets paid back.
>>
>>133107379
I accept the science, i just don't see the point paying international environmental organizations money since we had basically no pollution 30 years ago during Socialism and we weren't paying any money for protection. Now we are paying and saving energy and we are more polluted than ever before. Those international organizations are all scam, big scam, you should know since for starters they import tons of illegals, they don't monitor any goddamn shit, they just collect money.
>>
>>133124768
>>133124884
>>133124961

all of you are babbling idiots

not only has the hockey stick nothing to do with models (it's a reconstruction of past temperatures using latewood density proxies, with the instrumental record added in the end), but the data is also openly available to anyone with a keyboard, an internet connection and a pulse.

But being factually incorrect is little more than a negligible detail for the sort of people that quote PSI when they're trying to reach for authority
>>
File: Climate Change.png (9KB, 552x319px) Image search: [Google]
Climate Change.png
9KB, 552x319px
>>133107379
1. Because climate is cooling and heating within normal parameters.
2. Because scientists are funded with the caveat they need to find a link between climate change and humans.
>>
>>133123944
>global entrepreneurship where one finds their niche(s) to be offered on the free market at an appropriate price point
If were all starting off from a blank slate, sure. ln the real world, monopolies develop over time, shutting out most competition. Ownership skews everything when owners are allowed to abuse.
>>
The theory of man made climate change is based on correlation, not causation. You fuck off with your pseudo-science.

That's not to say we shouldn't be looking for alternative energy sources, but don't force opinion based on scaremongering bullshit "climate science".

Remember the ice age we were supposed to be entering into?
>>
>>133116052

Enjoy eating your i-phone.
>>
>>133107379
always believe the opposite of what Jews say
>>
>>133108139
They are trying to lower it though.
>>
>>133122175
nasa does this to make the earth look prettier. 90% of the time the earth is absolutely covered with clouds. just so happens the guy they put on PS duty is a fucking mong.
>>
File: 1498421033669.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498421033669.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
Why are Americans so dumb?

Honestly, they are so fucking scientific illiterate that it fucking hurts to read 90% of their posts.
>>
>>133124087
>let's be honest here: this has got to be the worst pseudo-argument in this entire debate.
>It barely even qualifies as an argument. You're just parading around your own ignorance.

dat projection
dat ignorance
dat lack of substance

8/8 shitpost, hans
don't you have innocent peoples' cars to light on fire?
>>
>>133111568
Mexico??? You taking the piss?
>>
>>133127555
you saw what I read:
being ignorant of what caused deglaciation in the past isn't something that should be leveled as an argument by anyone with any kind of self-regard
>>
>>133127915
that makes no sense.
how the fuck would prehistoric homo sapiens have caused global warming and deglaciation?

deglaciation isn't caused by CO2 emissions...
>>
>>133128422
let me repeat myself:
I wouldn't make a big fuzz about not knowing what caused the deglaciation if I were you
>>
>>133127301
>burgers are so stoopid they allowd 2 wrongthink
>>
File: 1498370882923.jpg (136KB, 639x401px) Image search: [Google]
1498370882923.jpg
136KB, 639x401px
>>133107379
>Earth gets more hot due do large amounts of CO2 trapped in the atmosphere creating a "greenhouse" effect
>Ice caps melt, exposing land mass beneath them
>More land, warmer climates, more food for vegetation (Carbon dioxide), and more water will result in optimal environments for plant growth
>New species will be discovered developing in the new environments.
>Can literally confirm or debunk Darwinism with the current change in world climates
>Plant growth will explode around the globe
>decrease in mammal life because of not enough optimal environments to thrive in
Part 2:
>Plants consume most/all greenhouse gases in atmosphere due to large amounts of plant growth over ~100-500 years
>Less heat to be trapped by the sun for Earth's warm climate
>Temperatures fall, plants are food for mammals, cooling of Earth's water at the poles to provide a larger landmass only mammals can live on
>Mammal population boom
Cycle Repeats. The Paris Climate Accord is a fraud, used for to further the Agendas of (((them))). The cycle will keep going.
>>
File: fag.jpg (31KB, 457x359px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
31KB, 457x359px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0
>>
>>133111134
This
>>
>>133107379
Wait, there exists a picture pf a polar bear? I am convinced now.
>>
File: 129155620794.jpg (57KB, 390x260px) Image search: [Google]
129155620794.jpg
57KB, 390x260px
>>133107732
I quibble with you thus:

"Ursus maritimus"

The generic name is capitalized, the specific name is not.
>>
>>133107379
I accept the science. Hell, I'll even acknowledge that we probably aren't helping with all the pollution we do.

But I disagree with the accepted way to fix it. Giving money to shithole countries will not fix the Earth.

Faggot.
>>
>>133108574
This post should be rated more highly.
>>
>>133111183
[Cricket noises intensify]
>>
>>133111310
>Well, insects the size of small helicopters (imagine the mosquitoes) might be considered cool as fuck...

It's like you DON'T WanT to see giant dragonflies fighting, hurling cars at each other,,,
>>
>>133111349

Depends on what you mean by "meant by."

They are intended to achieve confiscation and redistribution of wealth.
>>
>>133111183
I'll bite.

S-Solar!
>uses more fossils fuels to create and keep electricity grid up (ie: maintenance, creation of new grids, etc)

W-Wind!
>see above

F-Fuel Cells!
>see above with added H2O creation, which semi-contributes to climate change

You can't win!

Nuclear or bust. Launch the waste into space or dump it into Europe.
>>
File: 1499703169949.gif (2MB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
1499703169949.gif
2MB, 252x280px
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/exclusive-study-finds-temperature-adjustments-account-for-nearly-all-of-the-warming-in-climate-data/
>>
>>133111771
>There is no solution to this at the moment.

There are plentiful and cheap solutions, IF the goal is to counteract the climate effects of CO2 and other greenhouse gasses.

None of those are being tried (Al Gore shits himself if you mention them in his presence) because the goal is NOT to do to that, the goal is to redistribute wealth and enact a broad leftist agenda.

The good news is, we can counteract the effects of CO2 as a greenhouse gas with a garden hose full of sulfur compounds into the stratosphere at any time it becomes necessary -- the explosion of Mt. Pinatubo already demonstrated that it works and has no other serious environmental impact.

In the meantime, as a rule of thhumb, anybody who claims to be deeply concerned about Climate Global Warming Change but who is also opposed to building nukes as fast as possible is not seriously concerned about any environmental crisis, they're after your money.
>>
File: IMG_3809.jpg (112KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3809.jpg
112KB, 600x450px
They provide the mean, but not the standard deviation. They're fucking keeping that information to themselves to push an agenda
>>
>>133112018
Internet porn.
>>
>>133107379
It's globally warming up. That is an irrefutable fact.

The real question you should be asking is that the human factor is of any significance.

Personally I think our impact is vastly overexagerated. We are also sure that those graphs that are released about this are statistically unrepresentative and doctored.

This is the stuff that the earth does, you know.
>>
>>133107379
My past 30 years of paying attention to the news. Every ten years its the end of the world, and then it's not.
>>
File: now you know something.jpg (87KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
now you know something.jpg
87KB, 1920x1080px
>>133128673
>I wouldn't make a big fuzz about not knowing

For future reference, the English word you want here is "fuss," not "fuzz."
>>
File: 1499380633085.jpg (46KB, 278x251px) Image search: [Google]
1499380633085.jpg
46KB, 278x251px
Pollution =/= global warming
>>
>>133132397
>Launch the waste into space or dump it into Europe.

Put it out in the desert where the atom bomb tests were. According to the anti-nuke types, this is already a radioactive Hell on Earth, so no harm in adding a little more. Put a big fence around it -- and a sign that says "If you cross this fence, you will die." in every language known. Every time somebody crosses the fence, the average intelligence of humanity goes up a tiny bit.

Evolution in action.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.