[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question about Jews, /pol/. Why are they the only religion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: our greatest ally.png (21KB, 500x203px) Image search: [Google]
our greatest ally.png
21KB, 500x203px
Serious question about Jews, /pol/. Why are they the only religion on earth that actually seems to discourage conversion?

Virtually every other religion on earth - Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, hell, even fucking Shinto - welcomes new converts with open arms. Jews are the only religion that looks upon people wanting to join their faith with suspicion, like they're trying to gain something from it.

You'd think that the smallest major religion (outside of cult-tier religions like Scientology) would welcome them.
>>
Probably because everyone hates them lol
>>
>>133095334
Because it's an ethnic cult intended to facilitate the survival of the genes of a particular bronze age ethnic group. Converts dilute the gene pool and ate thus mostly undesirable.
>>
File: 1499502678121.png (573KB, 680x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499502678121.png
573KB, 680x500px
>>
>>133095334
Because they don't want to share some (((secrets)))
>>
>>133095716
Ding ding ding
Jews ain't a religion, kids. They're a nation.
>>
Because they have been nomadic for the majority of their history so they value keeping their culture intact and nepotism more than anything actually spiritual.
>>
>>133095334
>>133095859

Actually this, as a Jew.

Its not like other religions, the Jewish religion is just the story of the peoples history
>>
>>133095716
This, you have to be born a Jew.
>>
>>133095334
It's a clever way of only taking in dedicated, hard-working and/or conservative people. They make the process so difficult that you're going to have to be serious about it and most people that convert Orthodox land up being observant/religious/conservative after the conversion process. Christianity and Islam are different, much easier to convert, which is why you see so many of the converts lazy, non-observant or never taking the religion seriously.
>>
>>133097283
Wrong. Converts, except reform, are treated as equals, if not better. The Bible and Talmud instruct Jews to treat convert well. Ruth, from the Book of Ruth, and Tsipora, Moses's wife, were converts. There's a passage about how converts were always Jews, that their souls/spirits were that of a Jew and that it has finally found it's way "home". There's also a passage about converts which talks about how Jews were once wanderers and that they should remember that when dealing with converts. I can't say the same for Reformed Judaism, because that's not taken seriously anywhere.
>>
>>133095859
Such as?
>>
>>133095334
>even fucking Shinto
I heard on /lit/ that you have to be ethnically Japanese to be Shinto.
>>
>>133099125
Could be, I admit to not being that knowledgeable about it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.