[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /pol/'s thoughts on veganism/vegetarianism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: cow3.jpg (153KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
cow3.jpg
153KB, 1024x680px
What's /pol/'s thoughts on veganism/vegetarianism? I fucking love meat, but I see videos of cows/pet pigs/ etc acting like I could expect of my dog and it really makes me second guess killing and eating them.
>>
>>133094106
>and it really makes me second guess killing and eating them.
Then don't? Don't buy things you don't like?

Now if you start saying "But I don't want anyone else to like that thing either!" you've crossed a line.
>>
File: meaty.jpg (48KB, 600x785px) Image search: [Google]
meaty.jpg
48KB, 600x785px
what do you love about meat the most?
>>
File: copypasteinthemaking.jpg (652KB, 1504x1996px) Image search: [Google]
copypasteinthemaking.jpg
652KB, 1504x1996px
>>133094106
this is what I think about veganism

https://pastebin.com/r3ip4kYt
>>
>>133094106
>Preface: Will eat and enjoy anything labelled as 'food'

Missus went vegan for health reasons ( actual genuine not fucking about health reasons ) so after about 12 months I ended up going mostly vegan too, save on cooking two dinners all the time.

>Yes I'm that fucking lazy

Once you realise that most indian / paki food is optional on the meat front then life gets easier, flavors coming out your ears.

I still eat meat on occasion the blood lust gets to us and we have a fat steak. Would also happily shoot a deer and eat it if it came to it. So I aint no ethics warrior but I do think we are pushed into eating meat far more than it is healthy to do so.
>>
It tastes nice so I eat it, if there were a artificial substitute that tasted the same/better I'd hop on that, but there isn't.
>>
>>133096144
>>133096055
Fair enough, I don't know if I'm an ethics warrior either but I wouldn't eat my dog and some animals we regularly eat have some similar qualities.
>>
You know what makes me second guess? Kuru
>>
>>133096455
>Kuru
I thought you could only get that from eating people?
>>
>>133096496
I'm pretty sure it's only the brains of people.
>>
>>133096280
I think if you eat what you actually NEED to eat then anything is fair game. Hence the 'i'd shoot a deer' bit but id eat that fuckers nose and toes would not leave a bit behind.

If we want to go down the ethics & other bollox route then you can look at the number one reason for deforestation in the rain Forrest is to make feed for livestock. It takes about 800 liters of fresh water to make one quarter pounder and that feeling of holy shit I ate too much aka 'meat sweats' is actually your arteries hardening and if your ever going to have a heart attack its then.

But im young, covered in fresh water and dont live in a rain forest so I can be selfish with my answers here.
>>
>>133094106
veganism and vegetarianism are for the weak and mentally ill

do whatever you want, I will gladly eat your share of meat
>>
>>133094106
The world is a cruel place. Trying to outlaw cruelty against animals for a price, when a fraction of that money could ease cruelty to actual people is symptomatic of sheltered people who have not seen people suffering. Using your iPad to participate in online slacktivism against animal cruelty when most of the things you own are manufactured in third world countries by fellow people trying to avoid starvation is lazy weak-mindedness.
>>
We have long intestines and a lot of animal products start going rotten before they leave our bodies. If you eat a lot of animal products you probably feel sick or uncomfortable pretty regularly, unless you have a good/fast metabolism. you can have a better metabolism if you eat foods that were grown instead of killed, im pretty sure this is the human-centric rationale behind veganism. because fuck animalrights
>>
>>133094106
weak pussy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.