[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>California idiots start ordering all of their food online

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: amazon-whole-foods-banner.jpg (406KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
amazon-whole-foods-banner.jpg
406KB, 2560x1440px
>California idiots start ordering all of their food online
>Local groceries stop stocking fresh food due to market shift
>Eventually local groceries shut down and retailers like target/walmart stop stocking groceries
>California is hit with classic Brown Out/Earth Quake/Natural disaster and no one can receive their online food orders
>No food
Have fun with the mass hysteria and riots when this eventually happens
>>
>>132984444
>Liberals
>Thinking more than a day into the future

What did you expect?
>>
>>132984444
What was the status on them seceding from the US? That would be icing on this delicious cake
>>
File: stop gays.jpg (75KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stop gays.jpg
75KB, 805x1024px
>>132985920
>status on them seceding from the US?
Same as all the celebrities who vowed to move to Canada.
>>
File: IMG_0549.jpg (42KB, 480x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0549.jpg
42KB, 480x466px
>>132984444
>>
>>132984444
Checked and kek'd

You are correct. Leftists are demanding a societal collapse and are the least equipped to deal with it, and have the least idea of what it would actually look like.
>>
>>132984444
They will light a Blunt and laugh when Niggers rob them blind and eat their children. Nothing of value lost
>>
>>132986073
My dreams of seeing leftists completely fuck themselves to Oblivion will never come true, will they?
>>
>>132984444
oh i want this so fucking bad
>>
File: 1478488147767.png (216KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1478488147767.png
216KB, 351x329px
>>132984444
Can still order from smart phones.
>>
>>132984444
>>132985085
So you complain in the name of wal-mart instead of ordering healthy food online?
Do you still wipe with your hands?
>>
>>132984444
Amazon is literally destroying significant parts of society as we knew it.

Is the new Amazon future better than what we had?
>>
>>132986814
for 5-6 hours, providing no essential infrastructure goes down, which it probably will if internet access is disrupted on a large enough scale to cause starvation
>>
Doesn't matter if the grocery stores are stocked or not once shit hits, the result will be the same except it prolongs the life of some people, and they might be targeted and killed for their resources.

These leftists would eat one another given the chance so they don't mind killing or appropriating for "the greater good"
>>
>>132986814
I'll take the bait and entertain this thought
>No electricity
>No wifi
>Limited service because natural disaster
>Websites crash because of explosion of traffic
>Delivery systems shut down and unable to keep up with insanely high demand
>Most likely roads are shut down for emergency vehicles only anyway

>>132986709
Seems like they are marching towards destruction at rates far beyond anything I expected
>>
Grocery stores do not hold enough food to prevent a shortage. It is up to the individual to have survival preparations. The nogs would just take over the food supplies in an emergency and the Cali-cuck would let them
>>
>>132986864
We have farmers markets and decent groceries in the midwest, jihadi jansen. Move towards any inner city area though and the groceries get pretty gross.
>>
Even if suddenly everyone bought all their fresh food online, it would be gotten from local suppliers.Thread is retarded.
>>
>>132984444
But I have an herb garden in my window box to sustain me.
>>
>>132987386
Nobody says you should order online if you are living next to a farmers market.
The very success of whole foods is based in the fact that most people don't.
Why would I defend wal-mart, though?
>>
If anything it'd be easier to get food to people because it would be in secure centralised warehouses
>>
>>132987678

That would be in places designed to be easy to deliver to people
>>
>>132987479
>local suppliers
good luck getting a hold of them when natural disaster strikes

Private supplier =/= public vendor

>>132987595
I honestly don't know anyone that gets groceries at walmart
>>
>>132987678
>secure centralized warehouses
>secure

not a public vendor
>>
>>132987890

The state would buy/cease the assets and compensate the owners or they'd even give it up willingly for PR that would have unusable by the time everything's settled down anyway and distribute it.
>>
>>132987890

The military respond to major disasters, they aren't going to let people starve to avoid steppy steppying on the property rights of the owners of the food that would go off anyway.
>>
>>132987744
I bet in a few years forward there will basically be virtual online farmers markets with 360 view and bitcoin payment.
I thought groceries were a big part of wal-mart sales? Where do people in the city buy their stuff, Wimpy's?
>>
>>132984444
You realize that this could happen anywhere else in the country to the stores rather than individual families, right? You don't really think that grocery stores have a limitless supply of food, do you?
>>
>>132988129
>>132988072
Have you ever seen what happens when you try to hand out food to desperate people?

>>132988238
most poor nogs in the city get frozen pizza with their gov bucks so they don't really need groceries. There are larger chains like kroger that are just groceries but other discount places in the city are usually pretty small and food on the shelf is handled and old.
>>
>>132988733
>but other discount places in the city are usually pretty small and food on the shelf is handled and old.
I guess I kind of refute my own point with that one, gets better when you leave the slums.
>>
>>132984444
No, no and no.

Look dude, the people that shop at WFM are not the same people shopping at Wal-Mart. Even the upper-middle-class liberals are going to want to look at their produce before they buy it.

Brick and mortar grocery stores are not going anywhere. People are going to get off work, buy some inexpensive groceries and go home. The vast majority of people are not going to open up an app and order organic kale at +%4000 markup so some uber driver can deliver it to them when they get home.

People are totally delusional about this. This grocery store M&A Webvan 2.0 shit is just going to eat into Amazon's profit margins.

Also if there is a disaster they'll go raid the fucking Amazon distribution warehouses where all the fucking food is. Just because you order the shit off the internet doesn't mean it magically appears from the electronic aether you autistic fuck.

FULL DISCLOSURE I/WE ARE SHORT AMZN.
>>
>>132984444
>thinks grocery stores will stop stocking food because everyone will order online
>thinks all online food orders are shipped from some distant warehouse out of state
>has no idea how the supply chain actually operates

Nigga you just went full retard
>>
I doubt Amazon will be get rid of the current Whole Foods model as of now. More than likely it's going to use existing locations for delivery distribution center and aquisition of shopper data. Basically, Amazon just bought the infrastructure for Amazon Fresh instead of building it and it just happens to be placed right in the heart of the target market for their services (100k+ incomes)
>>
>>132986893
Yes as there are no muslims considering cutting my head off while I'm shopping on amazon
>>
you know grocery stores used to home deliver before you faggots were born, right?
>>
>>132989175
Alota people here do that way too often
>>
>>132989159
I bet the Whole Foods aquisition will bring their total food cost down. Add to that using a Whole Foods stores as a distribution point instead of a Fulfillment Center will bring that cost down even further. The markup is huge now, but Amazon's goal is to crush Walmart so the high prices won't be around for long. I believe the current prices are more a function of scale and logistics, which Amazon will quickly bring down once the grocery store becomes the distribution point. There's a lot of motherfuckers that live within an hour of a Whole Foods. I for one would use the shit out of it, because the last fucking thing I want to do after working all day is go to the fucking store.
>>
Accept you could order your groceries online for over a decade now.
>>
>>132984444
>be liberal
>support policies that give people freedom and enable it to help the ones that need help at the same time
>governemt doesn't have to worry about gun crazy rednecks and can build a infrastructure that prevents forseeable disasters (but global warming is a lie, so there won't be any disasters, right?)
>something happens
>everyone was prepared
even without small grocerie stores.

recktard.
>>
>>132984444
I hope all the urban retards start doing this and we have another oil crisis like the 70s, causing all of them to starve to death.
>>
I just recently found out that you can order grocery online through Amazon. Simply amazing. Is this what it feels like to be old?
>>
>>132989886
Dis nigga know.
>>
>>132990224
>implying all of the west and east coasts aren't already free of gun crazed rednecks
>implying any of them would be prepared for OP's scenario
>implying natural disasters never occurred before man a little more CO2 in the atmosphere
>inb4 those weren't REAL natural disasters
This is exactly the kind of retardation I would expect from that flag.
>>
>>132989886
In a lot of major cities, grocery delivery is really taking off. Especially once you factor in travel costs, finding parking, etc
My brother lives in DC and he's never been to a grocery store there, everything is ordered online and delivered to his house
>>
>>132984444
>California is hit with classic Brown Out/Earth Quake/Natural disaster and no one can receive their online food orders

this is a bad thing why? they will be living in a hell of their own making. when they try to cross the borders into other states to obtain food, shoot them.
>>
>>132990892
And you came up with this based on what? Unless some nationwide disaster happens, the National Guard will be there the next day.
>>
>>132987203
Maybe you're right, but I wanted to see the secession happen. Then we could not only label them as Confederates, but also build the wall so that it blocks them off. I hate leftists so much. They've irredeemably ruined some of my best friends and family members
>>
>>132990797
Truly a leftist utopia when driving to get groceries is too great a challenge. I understand the value of convenience but living in a top 5 us city is so insanely impractical I can't understand wanting to live in one unless you were born there. I once had an injury in Chicago and realized if I didn't stop the bleeding I was fucked bc a commute to the hospital was at least an hour since it was rush hour.
>>
>>132991439
Dennis prager browses /pol/?
>>
>>132991573
I'm too closed minded to know the name. I'm furfagiotti
>>
>>132991215

nice
>>
File: question mark.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
question mark.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>132984444
Surely if people are unable to deliver food to your house they'll also be unable to deliver it to supermarkets
>>
>>132984444
>cherkecd

Do they stock your fridge?
That would be the only reason I would do it. If I still have to be home to accept delivery and put it all away then I might as well spend the 20 minutes walking around the store checking out the females and jabbering with the meat guy.
Good times.
Nice lookin broads roam those vegetable isles.
>>
>>132985920
They can't.
>no water
>no independent power grid
>>
>>132984444
>Can /pol tell me the real meaning and white history behind the swastika?
maybe this is part of the plan?...cali is going to shit.
>>
>>132992547
I know that. That's why I want to see it happen
>>
>>132984444
Are you stupid? Ordering groceries online doesn't meam they're shipping it through UPS from China. When you order groceries they just have the nearest store deliver it to you. This isn't new at all.

Moron.
>>
>>132987280
>Grocery stores do not hold enough food to prevent a shortage. It is up to the individual to have survival preparations.
Exactly this.

OP didn't think very hard about his statements before making them. Not that it matters; most people could safely go 2 or 3 weeks without food so long as they had water and actually come out better for it.
>>
File: Los-Angeles-California.jpg (74KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Los-Angeles-California.jpg
74KB, 620x400px
>>132984444
California is a horrible place.
>>
California is more thn rich white faggot liberals. There are asian and mexican stores that white people never even go in , not to mention nigger neighborhood groceries. Stop being jealous fly over fag, move to the coast your shitty cousin fucking states are shitty .
>>
>>132993128
They don't have water though. Can't wait to see nogs in Oakland wearing water retention suits in 20 years. Will literally be (frank herberts) Dune Coons.
>>
>>132993093
>When you order groceries they just have the nearest store deliver it to you.

>an entire state's worth of people can't connect to amazon
>amazon is somehow supposed to communicate with the distribution centers
>>
File: 20170629_002225.jpg (746KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170629_002225.jpg
746KB, 2048x1152px
>>132984444
>Eventually local groceries shut down and retailers like target/walmart stop stocking groceries

Jesus Christmas, NO!!!!!! I need this job for a few more decades.
>>
>>132984444
This is heavy retarded tho
Fresh food would be irrelevant
Fucking dry and canned shit would be on the tables after waiting in gov issued food lines.
There are distribution warehouses in every major city with National Incident Management Systems in place for these happenings.
Might have to kill some rape nogs if you stay in the heavy cucked cities tho.
>>
>>132991473
I live near Indianapolis and there is Amazon Fresh delivery inside Marion County. Definitely not a top 5 city (but fast becoming one after IL officially collapses)
>>
>>132984444
>not wanting liberal big cities to fall and everyone in them to die
Out with you!
>>
>>132995507
you'll be moved to a shipping warehouse, until you get automated
>>
File: 20170705_003041.jpg (672KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170705_003041.jpg
672KB, 2048x1152px
>>132996344
Ugh... the closest Distribution Center is nearly an hour away. I wouldn't mind being a local courier because people want to order shit, not go out to get it, and expect it in under an hour.

Walmart is testing out local delivery in a few markets whereas associates can get some sort of kickback if one volunteers to do so after work ends for the day.
>>
>>132990797
This is my primary reason for using Amazon. I do not live near a major population center (1 hour west of Indy), and shopping for anything can become an all day event. Hence, Amazon becomes my primary mode of purchase for many of my general purchases. Customer service is generally better the items more or less arrive on time, and I don't have to make buying shit a 4 hour event. The only time a step foot into a place like Best Buy is to price match something I don't want to wait 2 days on. I would look for Amazon to expand their retail purchases outside of grocery in the near future. Macy's/JC Penney and maybe even Sears could be ripe for the picking sooner than later. Amazon's latest expansion into clothing/fashion devices could be the first shot into a more aggressive retail expansion to combat Walmart. If no anti-trust suits from the government are filed, I would bet even Costco might not be safe. Imagine an Amazon Warehouse store with bulk pricing that doubles as another distribution node. Costco membership also probably fit their core demographic pretty well also.
>>
>>132990224
A custom flag fag is pooper pained gee haven't seen that in a while
>>
Amazon gets the food from the Whole Foods stores. They have people who basically pick your order at the store.

t. Someone who applied to work for Amazon Now.
>>
>>132991699
kbi niggers go home
>>
>>132984444
Braise geg xdd
>>
>>132984444
This acquisition was the Time Warner-AOL buyout of the current market bubble. Stupid unprofitable pointless idea. Won't work, even in California.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.