[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atlantic - Why People Keep Misunderstanding the 'Connection'

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

File: jpeg.jpg (42KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.jpg
42KB, 600x458px
https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/05/why-people-keep-misunderstanding-the-connection-between-race-and-iq/275876/

/pol/ on suicide watch
>>
>>132957903
78.94 years free and happy is better than 81.96 years in a country led by a guy who was bullied by fucking Matt Perry
>>
>>132957903
>ctrl + F "flynn"
as expected, into the trash it goes
>>
>>132957903
They keep trying to frame the debate before it happens because they know the truth and it hurts.
>>
Yes, we all know asians live to be old as fuck
>>
>>132958475
>>132958240
no an argument
>>
It's a bad article. Different standards of intelligence across time and countries when we're comparing them groups in the same time frame and country. His only other point was that enviromental factors play a role in intelligence, which is true, but he makes it out to be that it then follows that only enviromental factors affect intelligence, which is nonsense.
>>
>>132960456
>Different standards of intelligence across time and countries don't matter when we're comparing them groups in the same time frame and country.
Fixed it. I'm off to bed
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 640x163px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 640x163px
smelly dumb leaf scum
>>
File: 1495596575750.jpg (119KB, 786x733px) Image search: [Google]
1495596575750.jpg
119KB, 786x733px
>>132957903
>beaner feels: the post
>>
>81.06

m-masaka
>>
>Intelligence is racist.
>>
>>132957903
>/pol/ on suicide watch for four years
this is old
Actually, it was Jason Richwine's firing over his PROFESSOR REVIEWED college thesis (which earned him his graduation) from years prior that truly turned me into a race realist. It was also when I learned that National Review was truly cucked.

>lol Hispanics aren't lowering the IQ duuuuude
>>
>>132962295
>Hispanic

Hispanic is not a race

Any race could be hispanic

If you think hispanic is a race and that someone could be "Genetically" hispanic

Then guess what buddy

You have the low IQ

Time to get out

This board is for real race realist

If you're going to blame a pure spaniard for the iq of a fucking aztec shitstain. Then you are a kike. Fuck off

Say "Mestizo" if you mean brown people

Any race could be hispanic. Hispanic is not a race. It's a geographic term of lineage of any spanish speaking country regardless of race.
>>
>>132957903
>Let's start with the fact that there is no such thing as a direct test of general mental ability. What IQ tests measure directly is the test-taker's display of particular cognitive skills: size of vocabulary, degree of reading comprehension, facility with analogies, and so on. Any conclusions about general mental ability are inferences drawn from the test-taker's relative mastery of those various skills.

INTELLIGENCE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTELLIGENCE

Article dismissed.

Sage.
>>
>>132960456
Environmental factors play a role, but most environmental factors are caused by low intelligence niggers
>>
>>132963114
Please go back and be a pedantic faggot there.
>>
>>132957903

Why do i need to die if i'm already in hell?
>>
File: iq outcomes.png (82KB, 558x731px) Image search: [Google]
iq outcomes.png
82KB, 558x731px
I skimmed through the article, the only arguments seemed to be
>iq don't mean nuffin
see pic related
>muh flynn effect
http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/09/10/the-flynn-effect-race-and-iq/
>muh turkheimer study which looked at 7-year-olds
iq heritability increases with age
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Bouchard2/publication/255692897_The_Wilson_Effect_The_Increase_in_Heritability_of_IQ_With_Age/links/545b97120cf2f1dbcbcafb26.pdf
>>
>>132964740
Sorry if i missed something or fucked something up, i'm really tired at this point
>>
File: 1485037812579.png (24KB, 612x331px) Image search: [Google]
1485037812579.png
24KB, 612x331px
>>132957903
Iq is 80% heritable in the US, now think of this.
We know there are genes that influence intelligence. We know that, due to evolution, differente races and ethnic groups ended up with different prevalence of these "intelligence genes". This will inevitably lead to differences in average iq between races (and even between ethnic groups of the same race).

Now, are there differences and variations within ethnic groups? Yes. However, the average is different. And the average is quite important because there are so many things (group success, income, crime rate) correlated with avg iq.
>>
>>132958956
Leaf posters are not worthy of arguments.
>>
>>132963337
intelligence is primarily influenced by environmental factors
>>
File: wat.jpg (46KB, 488x571px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
46KB, 488x571px
>>132960456
>Shit environment is somehow not a direct result of low IQ

Hmmm
>>
File: 800-2.png (14KB, 610x403px) Image search: [Google]
800-2.png
14KB, 610x403px
As for the validity of iq:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016028961630318X

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/the-validity-of-iq/
>>
>What IQ tests measure directly is the test-taker's display of particular cognitive skills: size of vocabulary, degree of reading comprehension, facility with analogies, and so on.

This is just not true.
>>
>>132957903
>random atlantic writer knows more about IQ than a harvard PHD recipient. My ass
>>
I'd rather live only 50 years in a state where I could CCW than 100 years in the cucked GTA like I do now

Quality > Quantity
>>
What you guys are basically saying is as a Mexican I can never be smart?

That kind of sucks guys, thanks for that
>>
>>132965502
Mexican is not a race and people of every race can have a high iq.
The average IQ of races (both in the US and globally) is not the same, though.
>>
File: wtfpooh.jpg (49KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
wtfpooh.jpg
49KB, 613x533px
>>132965305
>r 0.54

It's kind of depressing to know that this lukewarm correlation is only significant because the field of psychology is a complete fucking shitshow of fantasy and wild speculation.
>>
>>132965502
according to a statistic i once read mexican indians have an IQ of about 82-85, mestizos have an IQ of about 94 and "white" Mexicans have an IQ of about 98...

Most Mexicans in the US are indigenous or mestizos and have an average IQ in the US of about 95 and it has steadily been rising. Really depends..keep in mind that a lot of hispanics stop identifying as hispanic for some reason after the second and third generation (I believe about a quarter or so) so a lot of Hispanics that are doing well are not counted in hispanic statistics.
>>
File: mzhzf.png (22KB, 522x342px) Image search: [Google]
mzhzf.png
22KB, 522x342px
>>132957903
>>132960790
agelets will never understand
>>
>Let's start with the fact that there is no such thing as a direct test of general mental ability.
This is literally 100% false.

Besides, IQ is a very good predictor of life outcomes like career success. Even if it doesn't measure g it does measure something important.
>>
>>132957903
That article has been discredited already
>>
>>132957903
SAGE
>>
File: Skin Color and IQ.png (525KB, 1816x586px) Image search: [Google]
Skin Color and IQ.png
525KB, 1816x586px
>>132957903
Is this of any help?
>>
>>132958956
no a grammar
>>
This is going to be a tough thing for (((them))) to keep denying.

The science is firming up rapidly.

They are using every goofy tactic in the book to keep this under wraps.
>>
How's everything going with your prime minister? ;-)
>>
Test
>>
>>132963114
Please show us your true flag.
>>
>>132957903
>Brink Lindsey
>click on his name
>Brink Lindsey is a senior fellow with the Cato Institute and the Ewing Marion (((Kauffman))) Foundation.

Really makes you think
>>
>>132957903
Soooo, their argument is that in places where environment is steadily improving over decades, so is IQ to a small degree, which easily falls within the scope of environmental IQ potential.
But wait, lemme guess:
All their tests are STILL done on children and not taken again on the students when they graduate when their IQs are less volatile and environmental factors are known to fade. (I don't even need to look, I know it's true)
Their theory is easily also explained by gradually improving conditions in the environment over decades, thus genetic IQ aren't really going up, just the modifiers.
They're completely ignoring the fact that we have already started mapping intelligence directly to specific genes.
Aaaand they haven't shown that all black schools pumped with money are actually successful, but insist that mass Mexican immigration and public funding is going to make a difference with no solid evidence to support the claim.

Awesome. Another "btfo"
>>
>>132968905
When they show me that after 7 decades, niggers and beaners IQ average has gone up in increments of 3 to a whole 21 IQ increase on average, I'll believe them, but as it stands, faggots believe this shit to fit their delusional egalitarian fantasies.
>>
>>132969048
The biggest increase would be from race mixing like we see with mulatto niggers being smarter than sub-Saharan niggers.
>>
>>132969306
Of course it would, that's the only reason American negroes have more than 80 IQ.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.