[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever any rulers/leaders/dictators,etc. who just wanted

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

File: yee hah.jpg (57KB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
yee hah.jpg
57KB, 600x678px
Was there ever any rulers/leaders/dictators,etc. who just wanted to watch the world burn?

Indiscriminate destruction in their own country and others?
>>
1. dunno
2. awesome pic
>>
The nature of recorded history makes it hard to say. /his/ has this thread regularly and never seems to decide on anything.
>>
>>132949458
Trump? I dont think there's ever been such a troll as a politician in history
>>
>>132949458
This probably:
>>132950785

Trump has managed to be awful for the environment, education, infrastructure, personal freedoms (think marijuana and abortion), Internet, government corruption, foreign policy, and basic life quality with this upcoming health care bill.

He seems to be pretty set on fucking it up for all of us.
>>
>>132951385
>awful for the enviornment
First of all, no he hasn't, and second of all, who gives a shit? humans are going to destroy this planet one way or the other
>education
He simply got rid of funding for public school scum
>infrastructure
[citation needed]
>personal freedoms
he's pro gun which is all that matters to me

the rest of your shit is paranoid liberal crap

gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>132949458
I'd say Pol Pot, the Duvaliers, Francisco Macias Nguema, Jean-Betel Bokassa, Mobutu Sese Seko, Kim Jong-Il, and Idi Amin would be among them. They were pretty awful.
>>
>>132951856
>First of all, no he hasn't, and second of all, who gives a shit?

Climate change, defunding our national parks, trying to sell public land to private corporations. Do I seriously need to go on?

>humans are going to destroy this planet one way or the other

You're a maladaptation, you know that? You should be given a Darwin award for posterity, because what you're literally advocating is a world where all your offspring are struggling or dying. Your choices will actually ultimately remove your genes from our genepool as you want to fucking destroy the pool.

>He simply got rid of funding for public school scum

Public money, for public schools, the entire fucking reason we're even in this situation in the first place is because so many Americans are fucking stupid. Instead he gives OUR MONEY to PRIVATE SCHOOLS. So Edelbrowth the fucking fifth can take advantage of public resources as well as the money his obscenely rich parents dump into the school.

>[citation needed]

Trump wants to sell our public highways and utilities to private corporations for a pittance under the illusion that they'll properly maintain them.

>he's pro gun which is all that matters to me

Give it time fucknuts.
>>
>>132952995
Reddit spacing u need to go back
>>
>>132953209

there

is

no

such

thing

as

reddit

spacing

sure

is

summer

in

here
>>
>>132953209
Reddit doesn't allow spacing, you dumbass, and look who also used spacing: >>132951856

It's a common technique to help the legibility of documents. Blocks of text strain the eyes.
>>
>>132952995
>Public money, for public schools,
But what if I do t want my kid going to public schools? Why can't I use that money to lessen the financial burden, that I now find necessary for my kids to get an actual Education

>the entire fucking reason we're even in this situation in the first place is because so many Americans are fucking stupid.
Speaking from your own experience it would seem

>Instead he gives OUR MONEY to PRIVATE SCHOOLS.
You don't sound like someone who pays much in taxes so let's just say it's MY money not OUR money you whiny little bitch

>So Edelbrowth the fucking fifth can take advantage of public resources as well as the money his obscenely rich parents dump into the school.
See above, I'm not rich but I will not send my kids to a shithole with a bunch of losers and BLM wannabes who think it's "cool" to walkout for _____ cause and shit on anyone for wanting to be successful
>>
>>132949458
Caligula definitely comes to mind
>>
>>132953748
>But what if I do t want my kid going to public schools? Why can't I use that money to lessen the financial burden, that I now find necessary for my kids to get an actual Education

Why do I have to pay for your highways when I don't even fucking live in your state?

Because we benefit as a society when we have those services even if you don't directly benefit. That public school teaches the next generation of kids how to be literate and think critically, those shits will be the ones employed to wipe your ass when you're geriatric.

>Speaking from your own experience it would seem

You can't even spell, nor do you use proper grammar or punctuation. Don't give me this obnoxious bullshit.

>You don't sound like someone who pays much in taxes so let's just say it's MY money not OUR money you whiny little bitch

God, you're some entitled little bitch of a boomer aren't you? Took advantage of all those socioeconomic mobility programs set up by the greatest generation in your youth, then tore them down right after you were finished using them. You're a fucking parasite.

>See above, I'm not rich but I will not send my kids to a shithole with a bunch of losers and BLM wannabes who think it's "cool" to walkout for _____ cause and shit on anyone for wanting to be successful

If you're not rich you're literally a deluded shitbag to vote for Trump. His policies are never going to benefit you, and range from selling our public commodities to private corporations and destroying our healthcare to give the top 1% a trillion in tax cuts.
>>
>>132954005
>His policies are never going to benefit you...
Annnd there it is, something people
Like you just can't understand. You truly are a self righteous piece of shit aren't you? Smartest guy in the room with no one to talk to? Makes sense.

Let me explain something to you, simply. I don't vote for my "self interests"; I vote for who I think will do the most good for our country.

You're a complete tool. Seem a little lonely bud - go out and make a friend.
>>
>>132954498
>Because we benefit as a society when we have those services even if you don't directly benefit. That public school teaches the next generation of kids how to be literate and think critically, those shits will be the ones employed to wipe your ass when you're geriatric.

holy shit. in the current year, youre still naive enought to believe that American public schools are meant to educate the next generation and not to actually produce worker drones.

kill yourself
>>
>>132954498
Oh and not a boomer, I'm a millennial you little faggot. I just happen to play the game well and, it seems unlike you, have succeeded in getting my share a lot sooner then you will.
>>
>>132955135
>I don't vote for my "self interests"
Clearly.

>I vote for who I think will do the most good for our country.

If that were the case, then our education system has truly failed you. But judging by your comments up here:
>>132951856
>First of all, no he hasn't, and second of all, who gives a shit? humans are going to destroy this planet one way or the other

You're either lying, a hypocrite or a dumbass, possibly all of the above.

If you actually gave a shit about the future of our country or planet, you'd be interested in policies which best benefit our future generations. Among other things, that means giving everybody access to a robust education and protecting our environment.
>>
>>132955662
listen buddy, i already explained why PUBLIC education (just like almost everything in history that has been government funded) is complete bullshit >>132955137

if you want a robust education for your children, send them to private school. but you're probably too poor for that like anyone who advocates for government programs
>>
>>132955973
>listen buddy, i already explained why PUBLIC education (just like almost everything in history that has been government funded) is complete bullshit

God, I wish your parents didn't give you your vaccine shots.

>if you want a robust education for your children, send them to private school. but you're probably too poor for that like anyone who advocates for government programs

If you're a product of privatized education then you're not exactly a poster child for the industry, are you?
>>
>>132956354
>God, I wish your parents didn't give you your vaccine shots.
not and argument
If you're a product of privatized education then you're not exactly a poster child for the industry, are you?
i went to public school all my life and believe that if my parents hadn't been taxed for it i could have been sent to a decent private school
>>
>>132956620
>not and argument
Because there's nothing to argue against, you're paranoid and rambling. If there's any failure in our education system it's because of the people being voted into power to oversee it, not because public schools are intrinsically flawed.

>i went to public school all my life and believe that if my parents hadn't been taxed for it i could have been sent to a decent private school

You are actually retarded.
>>
>>132957033
you're calling me retarded while you believe that public schools aren't complete shit. the irony hurts
>>
the heavens bring forth innumerable gifts for man
man has nothing with which to recompense them
kill kill kill kill kill kill kill
t.chinese emperor
>>
File: immolation_salvation.jpg (110KB, 750x421px) Image search: [Google]
immolation_salvation.jpg
110KB, 750x421px
>>132949458
>Was there ever any rulers/leaders/dictators,etc. who just wanted to watch the world burn?
>>
>>132957138
>you're calling me retarded while you believe that public schools aren't complete shit. the irony hurts

Even a proper education can't fix inbred stupidity, and when have I ever said that I believe our public schools aren't complete shit?

While I think a properly overseen and funded public school system is -fucking vital- to a functioning first world country, the education system in the US has been floundering for awhile now- at least in some states. DeVos taking money from already anemic school budgets and dumping it into private schools is repulsive to me.
>>
There was a byzantine emperor, justinian the third or fourth or something; anyway his opponents blinded him in a coup and imprisoned him on some island. Anywho dude gets out, re-emperors himself and nihilistically fucks everything up. He was kind of watch the world burnish
>>
File: FirefoxScreenSnapz043.jpg (172KB, 582x570px) Image search: [Google]
FirefoxScreenSnapz043.jpg
172KB, 582x570px
>>132957738
Public Schools overseen by a single entity, with absolute uniformity in anything that gets pushed down the ladder, along with the push towards eliminating all other schooling, is the first step in instituting a slave state. If you teach children all through their schooling that the Republican party, for the last fifty years, has been nothing but a front organization for the KKK, how are these children going to doubt the official word of the government? After all, the government push false information and propaganda through standardized schooling, can it?
>>
>>132958736
God, you're one of those dumbasses who thinks the correlation between education and being liberal is because education is indoctrinating children. Aren't you?

Did you ever consider that maybe the Republican party is a collective of con artists, who use news platforms like Fox to fear monger and spread flashy slogans which tap directly into your reptilian brain?

That maybe, just maybe, the Republican party at this stage in the game is almost transparently self-serving. That their politicians are either entirely bought out by special interest groups or are a part of those special interest groups themselves.

That the reason Trump is pushing a healthcare bill which will cut off 32 million Americans isn't because he cares about 10% of our population but because he needs to somehow fund the $1 trillion in tax cuts he's giving to the most obscenely wealthy in our country.

That he's selling our public parks and infrastructure to private corporations for a pittance not because he cares about public commodities but because he''s padding the pockets of his friends and allies.

That DeVos isn't stripping down our education system and pushing all of our public resources into privatized institutions because she thinks that it'll benefit the education of our next generation of Americans, but because equipping kids with the tools to think critically makes them more difficult to fool.

That Trump is the only one among our world leaders in denying climate change not because he cares about our planet's future, but because he's trying to benefit the fossil fuel industries.

You've been fucking swindled mate, and fucking badly too. But you're too stupid to realize it.
>>
>>132959951
The spread of educated people of liberal or conservative ideology is fairly even. What isn't even is the percentage of ideological shares of teachers and professors. To even state a conservative opinion in a public school setting can get hate against you so severe, that simply being conservative and being a speaker at a school has caused quite a few people recently to receive death threats and active rioting. When an idea can't be discussed for the idea, but is struck down without discourse, simply for being not liberal enough, it's hard to imagine that there isn't systematic indoctrination occurring.
>>
File: Pol Pot.png (691KB, 479x521px) Image search: [Google]
Pol Pot.png
691KB, 479x521px
>>132949458
>>
>>132952298
>nguema

There's being so twisted it's horrifying, and there's being so twisted it's enviable, and that man truly crossed the line from the latter to the former. The Christmas '75 executions were beyond over the top.

Pol Pot was an asshole for the ages though.
>>
>>132949458
pol pot
>>
>>132960734
just looked up the executions

for what purpose would he?
>>
>>132960704
Is there a single photo of Pol Pot that doesn't look evil?
>>
>>132960504
>The spread of educated people of liberal or conservative ideology is fairly even

Really.

What percentage of the National Academy of Sciences, arguably our most esteemed intellectual body, is conservative versus liberal?

>When an idea can't be discussed for the idea, but is struck down without discourse, simply for being not liberal enough, it's hard to imagine that there isn't systematic indoctrination occurring.

But that's just it, there is no amount of discourse that will resolve anything is there? I could describe the economic and ethical benefits of why we should adopt a single payer system and get rid of all this insurance crap but conservatives would just start bitching about welfare queens.

I could point out how there's an enormous international consensus among scientists about climate change and its ramifications, but conservatives would shout it down as a Chinese hoax or turn to bullshit studies heavily discredited by any prestigious institution.

I could enumerate the reasons why corporations can only be trusted to make a profit, that giving them free reign causes both environmental and economic disasters and point out historical contexts from the great depression, recession, the water crisis that formed the EPA in the first place. But you won't listen.
>>
File: Orwell Conrtol the Past.jpg (85KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Orwell Conrtol the Past.jpg
85KB, 850x400px
>>132960704

Yeah, Pol Pot is probably the best example.

His philosophy was that the only way to create a perfect society was to erase the past and with it all of the ideas that he wanted purged from his society.

Of course you can't destroy the past; but you can destroy anyone who acknowledges that they remember it and that's why he killed over a third of the population of Cambodia.
>>
File: pa-6415330.jpg (305KB, 1100x1412px) Image search: [Google]
pa-6415330.jpg
305KB, 1100x1412px
>>132960958
>>
>>132961417

You know he's probably smiling about something pretty fucked up.
>>
>>132961193
Trump won or tied every wealthy income bracket, and won white college educated men by 14 point. Among PhD's though liberals have the advantage, but engineers lean slightly right.
>>
>>132960881
I'm just impressed by the simultaneous absurdity and creativity of it all, with respect to Nguema.

As for Pol Pot, he basically stated the society needed only a couple million to function and the rest could die or be killed for all he cared. Was opposed to wasting bullets, so he had people bludgeoned to death and buried alive among other things. Academics, professionals, and people with glasses and the like were especially targets for execution.
>>
Merkel ofcourse.
>>
>>132961551
>Trump won or tied every wealthy income bracket, and won white college educated men by 14 point

Guess what? Trump is good for the obscenely wealthy in the short term; and just because you're well educated doesn't necessarily mean you're intelligent.
>>
>>132960881
As for the purpose of the executions, he was just eliminating political dissidence.
>>
>>132961193
Representation in the National Academy of Sciences? You mean the one where you have to have an invitation from their liberal majority board in order to become a part of it, no matter what your qualifications are?

What's next, you asking about the liberal vs conservative representation of the DNC?

The problem with the lack of discussion is a lot of ideas aren't even being given any consideration, no matter their quality, simply because their presenter is conservative.

Why shouldn't we have singlepayer?

http://www.heritage.org/health-care-reform/report/single-payer-why-government-run-health-care-will-harm-both-patients-and

As far as corporations go, free reign is far from what should be done. What most (US) liberal politicians suggest are schemes that will result in the absolute collapse of any corporations, the slack of which will eventually wind up picked up by the government when there are major shortages in many areas because of excessive over-regulation. Hello, Communism.
>>
Ghenis khan
Attila the hun
/pol/ pot

It is insane pol pot was in power for only 4~ years
>>
>>132962922
I just realized that virtually all of the Khmer Rouge leaders were chinks, those people really are the ((())) of Asia.
>>
>>132962305
>Representation in the National Academy of Sciences? You mean the one where you have to have an invitation from their liberal majority board in order to become a part of it, no matter what your qualifications are?

What, you think their board asks about the political views of applicants and doesn't base their acceptance on qualification alone?

>The problem with the lack of discussion is a lot of ideas aren't even being given any consideration, no matter their quality, simply because their presenter is conservative.

Give me an example of a "good idea" which was rejected "simply because their presenter is conservative".

>Why shouldn't we have singlepayer?
>http://www.heritage.org/health-care-reform/report/single-payer-why-government-run-health-care-will-harm-both-patients-and

Heritage is a notorious conservative think tank. What I can do is point at real world applications of single-payer and see how they compare to the US.

UK, Canada, and Australia all anglo-saxon countries, all with single payer, all with higher life expectancies with higher standards of living and their systems cost a fraction of the US' abysmal rendition. We lose an obscene amount of money to needless administrative overhead, and as our system works on a by-profit basis we have shit tons of ineffective costly medications that are outright denied for being snake oil in other countries.

Not to mention the economic costs of people postponing medical checkups until their illness becomes chronic or deadly. Every month someone spends convalescing from say, pneumonia (when timely treatment would have just been a subscription of antibiotics) is a month they are out of the work force. If they die it's indefinite.

I think we're somewhat agreed on corporations maybe? But your liberal strawman is absurd. I think government should only be in industries regarding basic human commodities and where garnering profit is obscene.

This means water, electricity, roads, education and Internet/cable.
>>
File: 1472848129214.png (370KB, 750x689px) Image search: [Google]
1472848129214.png
370KB, 750x689px
>>132949458
Yes.
>>
>>132951385
Not gonna lie. Former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness, we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.
>>
Stalin, they can call you leader all you want but deep down you'll always be a bastard son.
>>
>>132963234
Whats weird is most of the leaders are still alive or died very recently
This guy was in court in 2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_Kek_Iew
>>
File: nero-1.jpg (36KB, 572x278px) Image search: [Google]
nero-1.jpg
36KB, 572x278px
>>132949458
Nero, duh.
>>
>>132951385
Not gonna lie. Former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness, we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.
>>
>>132963801
>Duch
He's a chink, all of them Khmer Rouge's leaders were chinks. The country got fucking eggroll'ed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpaDOkI4VzQ

They got lenient sentences because the prime minister (a chink, and married to a chink) used to be in the Khmer Rouge himself, and the deal that he made with the Khmer Rouge to end the civil war in the 1990s was leniency. They've convicted something like three people total. Even this "grandmama death" lady got off scot-free.

That, and china, which practically owns Cambodia today, sponsored the Khmer Rouge.

God I hate chinks.
>>
This guy shot and killed over 7,000 people in 28 days
Might have killed the most people directly in history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin
>>
File: genghiskhan.jpg (64KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
genghiskhan.jpg
64KB, 500x336px
>>132949458
Yes.

Genghis Khan. One of his major philosophies was that the Mongolian people would only stop fighting each other if given an outside enemy to fight, hence why he went on to invade everything he saw.

He was also absolutely correct in this. Human society and psychology are both inherently dominated by the concept of tribalism. The only way to unite a people is to give them someone who's more different and further away to fight.
>>
>>132951385
At least I agree.
>>
>>132963541
>>132964235

>But in all seriousness, we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

this shit still cracks me up.
>>
>>132964242
US also backed the Rouge because they were seem as a enemy of vietnam
enemy of an enemy is a friend ect

A least 1.8 million died out of 8~ million population
>>
>>132964483
I dont get it?
>>
>>132964339
Tribalism is why "racism" will forever be an issue with humans
Its always us vs them
Genghis did not go on to kill everyone he just destroyed anyone who challenged him in the slightest
As long as you were content with him ruling your land you were fine but do anything to contest that and well its lights out
>>
File: IMG_3099.jpg (167KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3099.jpg
167KB, 640x640px
>>132955351
nigga stfu you're more entitled than those cunts on facebook.
>>
>>132964339
Cato - the Censor - and in general a relevant branch of roman historiography touched heavily on this concept, too, they called it "metus hostilis".
In their opinion the change from "opponents/enemies" to "subject/allies" is what triggered their descent into decadence. No longer occupied with a rival, the Romans started to indulge in the fruits of their conquest. As Cato says, you know that your society is deteriorating when "a handsome slave boy is sold at a higher price than a chariot driver".
>>
File: IMG_2007.jpg (705KB, 1500x1972px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2007.jpg
705KB, 1500x1972px
>>132955137
Did you go to public schools? Recently? It seems like so much of your trust in public schooling comes from something you haven't experienced. Private schooling wouldn't fix brainwashing either. Why do you think like this?
>>
>>132964551
Kind of, sort of.

The Khmer Rouge attacked our ship so we weren't exactly the best of friends. The story's a long read but here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayaguez_incident

Yes, after the Vietnamese overthrew the Khmer Rouge, we supported the KR a) to fuck the Vietnamese thus the Soviets and b) to buffer "our" Thailand. Naturally we did it the sneaky way through singapore (fucking chinks). Another long story but a goodie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R53AEQb7JG0
>>
>>132953209
>u
>>
>>132962305
Hard to read.
>>
File: IMG_3078.jpg (47KB, 304x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3078.jpg
47KB, 304x288px
>>132963237
I've never seen someone try so relentlessly against /pol/'s hivemind. I commend you, even if you make no impact.
>>
>>132965359
That's because I'm drunk.
>>
>>132949458
Genghis Khan comes close
>>
File: me.jpg (15KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
15KB, 300x221px
>>132949458
>Indiscriminate destruction in their own country and others?

Islam
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.