[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is net neutrality? Is it good or bad for free speech?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 14881238284360.jpg (58KB, 793x665px) Image search: [Google]
14881238284360.jpg
58KB, 793x665px
What the fuck is net neutrality? Is it good or bad for free speech? Explain me like I'm a 5 year old.
>>
>>132856856
Google is your friend.
>>
>>132856856
I'll bump
>>
>>132856856
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=net+neutrality
>>
>>132856856
net neutrality means not allowing ISPs to speed up internet to those who pay them more (big business) and slow down to bad intolerant goyim
>>
>>132856856
the right for all websites to operate at the same speed. Without net neutrality companies could pay to have their websites go faster and other websites take forever to load
>>
>>132856856
In very simple terms it means that every thing sent over the internet has to be treated the same by the people running the infrastructure.

You sending nudes to your gay lover, gets the same priority as netflix sending you the last gay sex in the city episode. And netflix gets the same priority as a shitty youtube upload of gay sex in the city.

Without net neutrality comacast can make you pay for "deluxe youtube connection ((TM))" and when you don't pay up no youtube for you.
>>
Whit what peole say that net nutrality prevents here a question. Why did they not do it before they tried net nutrality?
>>
Net neutrality is basically the idea that no generic packet of internet traffic should be considered privileged over another packet of traffic.

What proponents of net neutrality are afraid of is that everyone gets boxed into a light-version of the internet similarly to the old AOL days. So your ISP will offer you a cheap internet plan but only offer you to browse the most popular sites like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc. while a plan that gives you access to the whole internet would probably be considerably more expensive.

On the other hand, the opponents believe that it is healthy for ISPs and big sites to collaborate and establish privileged traffic agreements since they can offer services more efficiently and, let's be honest, the average internet user nowadays doesn't really branch out from the big sites anyway. If you don't like it, you can switch to a different ISP - free market 101 basically.

Both sides have good and bad points. I think one important point to consider is whether you really can trust corporations like Google and Facebook, all the major news outlets and so on with what has happened recently.
>>
>>132856856
It means that your Internet Provider cannot collude with media companies to make everything but Vkontach, RuTube. 1tv.ru and Sputnik search engine (a.k.a Cheburnet) load 50x times faster than all the other websites and then make you pay if you want to get unrestricted Internet back.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.