[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is skin color doesn't matter, then why do so many people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1497058597793.jpg (359KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497058597793.jpg
359KB, 1600x1600px
Is skin color doesn't matter, then why do so many people make a big deal about representation in media?

If we're all "equal," then why does skin color of characters in movies, games, books, TV, etc, matter?
>>
>>132766253
Hypocrisy.
>>
Because fuckheads like you make it that way. fuck off leftist cuck, fuck off this board.
>>
>>132766935
I don't think you understood the premise of the question.
>>
>>132766253
Y-you...I'm confused, your point?
You realise that pol already knows skin colour matter right?

But hey...thanks? For the reminder?
>>
>>132766253
MLK's Dream is fucking dead.
>>
>>132766253
Because white looks better and skin color does matter. a.k.a "skin color doesn't matter" was a false premise from the beginning, since it matters a lot.
>>
>>132767134
>black people and white cucks claim that they need more diversity for representation in media, even if it doesn't fit the creator's intent
>Yet, they also claim that race doesn't matter or that it's a social construct.
>>
>>132766253
It is a marxist dialectic used for political suppression to preserve a power structure that some people profit from. If these Orwellian laws and enormous amounts of propaganda did not exist there would have been political uprisings decades ago. Welcome to the most propagandized society ever to exist to manufacture perception and influence human development. did you really think the a revolution would be taught at your university?
>>
>>132767134
>>132766935
He's obviously posing an argument to use against leftist diversity for us to discuss and expand upon and not arguing against /pol/.
>>
>>132766253
Simply put, representation in media encourages "That looks like me, I could do that"...same as in real life. See more black/mexican cops in real life in your community doing good young black/mexicans say "hey cops arent all bad...and maybe I can be one some day"- leading to a relatively crime free lifestyle

Its why weight loss ads use before and after pictures. The before looks like you now, the after is what you could look like if you just do what this person did.

Young black and mexican kids just see black and mexicans in movies, tvs and video games as basketball players and drug dealers- that is where they think their ceiling is. And if you want a safer America for your family it makes sense to do this.

Its also why fat people want more representation as pretty and attractive people so they feel more self worth like they can be pretty and attractive (personally, I think unless weight loss & exercise is a key point in this character's role)
>>
>>132772514
Woof my grammar and sentence structure. Apologies
>>
File: sdw.gif (13KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
sdw.gif
13KB, 180x210px
>>132766253
>>
>>132766253
because identity politics are useful and everyone uses them but stupid white people
>>
>>132766253
Because liberals always mean the opposite of what they say.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.