[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jordan Peterson is the newest e-celebrity that has been push

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 24

File: C7DRogiWwAEXgT6.jpg (120KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C7DRogiWwAEXgT6.jpg
120KB, 1200x800px
Jordan Peterson is the newest e-celebrity that has been pushed front and centre by a wave of ignorant people that like him because they think he agrees with them. The primary culprits have been Christians that just want to present a smart-sounding academic since they believe he is the capable apologist for their religion.

The point is Peterson's perspective on what is "truth" as discussed in Sam Harris' video. The view of Peterson doesn't make sense to me. What i understand his view to be is essentially that truth is relative to a specific population and whatever helps them succeed in a Darwinian sense. His view is that what is morally wrong in terms of allowing humans to prosper is not congruent with truth. This means, as he states, that truth is continually changing based on the context that specific populations of humans are in. He states he can't see the difference between scientific truth changing based on new evidence and scientific truth changing based on the circumstances a particular population is in.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1gdpyzwOOYY

I've only listened to a few minutes of him talking about religion but his argument sounds the same where the truth of Christianity stems from a belief that it is the moral path to benefiting society.

Does anyone actually listen to this guy or just go along with him because he's a Christian apologist and supports beliefs they already support?
Will anyone defend his arguments?
>>
>>132716151
>The primary culprits have been Christians that just want to present a smart-sounding academic since they believe he is the capable apologist for their religion.
It's actualy the opposite. (((Peterson))) is a kike atheist. Christians like me are the only ones who are even aware of his scam.
>>
File: jordanpetersonbullshitting.png (42KB, 917x535px) Image search: [Google]
jordanpetersonbullshitting.png
42KB, 917x535px
He needs to coin a new word for this "new Truth" he's peddling.
>>
>>132716151
>t. fuckin retard
Sam Harris is a major hack. It took him two hours to have it explained to him that there can be a different kind of truth than scientific truth. Science is only capable of observing how things are not how things aught to be.
>>
>>132716333
holy fuck kys
>>
>I've only listened to a few minutes of him talking about religion
Clearly. Maybe instead of rushing to defend your favorite atheist you should actually read his book, or watch his lectures, and see if you can find anything wrong with his thinking?

If you want to get into a big debate about what "truth" is, you're on the right path.
>>
>>132716151
Jordan Peterson is the only one of these "e-celebs" qualified to have an opinion worth listening to.
>>
>>132716151
I haven't watched the video w/ Harris but this sounds like the opposite of what Peterson was saying on the Joe Rogan Experience. His criticism of leftists was that they are completely subjective and informed by feelings, and trying to subvert the normal dominance hierarchy. Would that not be a legitimate mode to operate in, if the leftists can indeed pull it off? So then how could he judge them until the efficacy of their evolutionary strategy has been determined?
>>
>>132716640
Even his criticisms of the alt right are not as some believe he is a (((kike))) Peterson isn't Jewish.
His criticisms of the alt right seem to stem more from the fact the alt right slowly focuses on the macro Sense vs the micro issues of the individual in society.
He won't redpill one on race realism or the bell curve he isn't a sledgehammer he is a idelogical scalpel. I believe deeply that his beliefs are founded in facts and reality.
>>
>>132716151
>Sam Harris is shilling his videos here now
give it up, hack
>>
File: jordanp.png (218KB, 780x1620px) Image search: [Google]
jordanp.png
218KB, 780x1620px
>>132716151
>>
File: IMG_1731.jpg (107KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1731.jpg
107KB, 750x574px
Post memes.
>>
>>132716333
Cringey as fuck.
>>
I'm halfway through one of his 12 part lectures about psychology where he dissects the movie Pinocchio.

It's quite fascinating and gives you tools on how to keep yourself in check to become a better person.

It's good shit and I recommend it to everyone to check out. It's free university lectures while I do my regular job.
>>
>>132716968
I wish there was a stronger word for "unsurprising" because of how unsurprising it is that postmodernists would try to make a memeball attacking JBP and it wouldn't even be funny.
>>
File: llol.gif (968KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
llol.gif
968KB, 245x245px
>whiny leftists still can't manage to assemble a competent hit piece on peterson yet
basic bitches
>>
>>132716151
Nice try scholmo
>>
File: IMG_9825.jpg (150KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9825.jpg
150KB, 1000x750px
>>132716151
S O R T

>>132716985
i'm down
>>
>>132717116
best they can come up with is "he's making too much money on patreon >:("
>>
>The primary culprits have been Christians
lolwut

I seriously doubt that...

We have plenty of academics to listen to, I've never even heard of Jordan Peterson before pol. I would much rather listen to people like Ravi Zacharias or William Lane Craig.
>>
>>132717116
>whiny leftists
Peterson is a leftist.

It's a testament to how retarded the political landscape has become that a moderately articulate but platitudes spouting classical liberal like Peterson could be seen as a sort of life changing spiritual guide by legions of conservative losers.
>>
>>132716481
Except he just asserts that Darwinian survival is what is truth in the moral sense.

You could just as easily say scientific truth is what is moral.

And Peterson's position wasn't sound. He's literally proposing a form of factual relativism except he extends what's moral to what benefits the species. Evolution obviously isn't just about what benefits the species otherwise everyone would be working together. Species inevitably split and at this point you now have two separate truths that are both true depending on what group you're looking at and in what context.

Any example that Harris gives about the conflict of this position is disregarded as just a "micro" part of it.

>>132716897
Which is very odd. His criticisms of leftists seems to stem from some problem with their linguistics rather than the concept of factual relativism.

>>132717116
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Pure, blind loyalty to the most popular celebrity right now.
>>
>>132717585
>This is exactly what I'm talking about. Pure, blind loyalty to the most popular celebrity right now.
That's a hot assumption you dumb faggot.
>>
>>132717585
>He's literally proposing a form of factual relativism except he extends what's moral to what benefits the species.
Oh, do you know how to derive an ought from an is? The scientific method and therefore scientific truth CAN NOT be the basis for morality.

>Evolution obviously isn't just about what benefits the species otherwise everyone would be working together.
You're retarded and don't understand anything about evolution. Read Antifragile by Taleb to find out exactly how your statement is retarded.
>>
OP needs to marshal his arguments then come back.
>>
>>132716151
Peterson specifically says he's a "pragmatist" in terms of truth theory. I don't agree with that conception of "truth." It's important that I note that I regard "truth" as a linguistic construct and not "reality." "Truth" - in my view - may refer to "reality" but "truth" is never "reality" itself. Jordan Peterson seems to conflate "reality" with "truth." I really do think he's a bright guy, but it bothers me that his thinking on the matter of "truth" seems so sloppy.
When thinking on the nature of "truth" I prefer "correspondence theory."
It's much easier to follow in my opinion.

Also, I've been keen on religion for a few years now. Peterson's views on religion are not dissimilar to my own. I find it easy to listen to him and so I don't mind when he bangs on about religion and God and whatnot.
All of that said -
1.) I take him with a grain of salt.
2.) He's spot on about the bloody Neo-Marxists.
3.) Bucko.
>>
>>132716500
>favorite atheis
Peterson is an atheist too. It's nothing more than kine slapfight.
>>
>>132717766
I'm not too familiar with the is-ought problem but as I understand it, it's an argument about morals and actions. I've never heard any valid argument about what anybody ought to do so I guess that puts me in the category of nihilist.

I think you've missed my point but it's completely irrelevant since there still exists the problem of truth relative to other species, even other lifeforms. What's true for a dog isn't true for a person isn't what's true for a silicon alien.
>>
just when you thought you were intellectually sophisticated our boy Jordan came along to poke your axioms
>>
>>132718516
Dude go read a few books you're literally 3 years too early to be having this discussion here.

Go read David Hume right now. Then Darwin.
>>
>>132719313
I guess Sam is also just not well equipped enough to deal with Peterson's ideas.
>>
>>132716151
Hes the dad we all wish we had. This thread is gay. Dont let them turn us on Peterson. Hes probably pols only real asset right now. On that note, dont give him any money.
>>
>>132720455
I'm sure Sam is an intelligent guy but this is JBP's bread and butter, and he's been perfecting his thoughts on the matter since he was a child. He's also standing on the shoulders of giants so tall most geniuses simply don't understand their works (Jung, Nietzsche).

By dragging the embodied wisdom of humanity out into consciousness and making it explicit he might just save western civilization from both nuclear annihilation AND marxist ideological cancer.
>>
File: on Christ.jpg (45KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
on Christ.jpg
45KB, 850x400px
>>132716151

I liked Peterson's lectures but I am not particularly fond of his idea of Christianity is the apex ideal archetype. I think this is due to misinterpretation of Jung and more or less indirectly a misinterpretation of Nietzsche. Peterson posting has gone too far.
>>
I was disgusted by his overly complex Way of saying:

"duh , ofc god is not real you retarded monkey. But you masses are too stupid that it's better for you to not know the truth and live in a lie that will benefit you"

Amy christian that defend this hack has 2 digit IQ
>>
>>132721049
What is the misinterpretation?
>>
You don't have to agree with everything he says.I think,just like Nietzsche,his philosophy is try to think of these ideas for yourself.
>>
>>132721307
>thinking you understand what god is, and that he's a magic invisible sky daddy
Read the Bible.
>>
>he makes $50,000 A FUCKING MONTH
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (24KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
24KB, 300x465px
>>132716151
> The point is Peterson's perspective on what is "truth" as discussed in Sam Harris' video. The view of Peterson doesn't make sense to me. What i understand his view to be is essentially that truth is relative to a specific population and whatever helps them succeed in a Darwinian sense. His view is that what is morally wrong in terms of allowing humans to prosper is not congruent with truth.

Eurofag here. I don't know the guy, but the perspective presented above is contained in the book in pic related.
>>
Peterson being the last remaining sane canadian should tell you tales about the situation in Canada.
He's doing a good job on those who were left in the ditch by the road a long time ago with the clean your room-thing,but he's often full of bullshit,like boxing in people based on IQ.
He's needed in this world,but not for what he thinks.
>>
>>132721798
Do you think he accidentally became the father for many instead of inspiring them to rescue their own?
>>
Please dont respond to these defamation threads. If you do want to respond then type sage in the option field.

You have been baited
>>
>>132721798
Look at how short his legs are in comparison to his body. Also, his MAGA cap is off-brand.
>>
File: +.jpg (338KB, 763x712px) Image search: [Google]
+.jpg
338KB, 763x712px
>>132722068
>everything i dont like is bait
Go on,anon.
>>
>>132721798
> UNIVERSITY TRIBUNALS HATE HIM
>>
>>132722341
kek
>>
>>132722220
>his
Are you sure? I think it's male too, but it's borderline.

>>132722040
You're right. I also think his fans are flocking to him in a way I feel he'd dislike. They just gobble down what he says and regurgitate the talking points of their new idol instead of critically thinking and forming their own opinion.
>>
>>132722462
>You're right. I also think his fans are flocking to him in a way I feel he'd dislike. They just gobble down what he says and regurgitate the talking points of their new idol instead of critically thinking and forming their own opinion.
Does this not happen with anyone who reaches a certain level of popularity. I feel that there should be a name for the phenomenon.
>>
>>132721846
I have a similar feeling but can never quite articulate that perceived notion.

Can you elaborate on why you he's needed but not for what he thinks?
>>
>>132716151
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjbasba-Qw

In the first five minutes of this video he explains why the closest we can get to the truth is "Truth is what works".

The problem is you can't perceive the world. You just have to make do with the positive and negative feedback you get.
>>
>>132716151
>I've only listened to a few minutes of him
>Will anyone defend his arguments?

He will, if you can stretch your attention span beyond that of a goldfish.

They ARE his arguments, dumbfuck.
>>
>>132721846
>boxing in people by IQ
>boxing in PEOPLE
Populations, not individuals. Read the Bell Curve. Starting resources, luck, hard work, all those other factors, WHEN WASHED OUT IN A POPULATION, aren't nearly as relevant to future success as IQ.
>>
>>132722561

He's needed because he preaches self-actualization and self-reliance. His opinions and conclusions on things are little more than celebrity trivia.
>>
>>132719313
Yeah this.

JBPs entire thing is based on trying to derive an ought from an is and if you don't understand Hume you should really just shut the hell up and let the adults talk.

I'm still not 100% convinced but I am only 1/3 of the way through maps of meaning (the book that is) but it is a lot more intellectually compelling to me than his lectures ever are desu. The rigour is insane.
>>
>>132716151
kys shill
>>
>>132723041
p. much
/pol/ users might think leftists are not worth debating but in leaf acadamia, Peterson is the sole voice of dissent. Ignoring them isn't an option offline.
>>
>>132721508

Nietszche's idea of the overman was not a prescription for the masses; His revaluation of all ideals was a deeply individualistic endeavor desgined for the exceptional who are brave enough to venture into the unknown. Truth doesn't need public defenders for it becomes self evident off it's own accord; That is too say that if free speech was really under assualt as Peterson claims that it is, His vocal opposition will not matter, he is just riding the waves of trend at this point.
>>
>>132723141
does your name start with t?

hume is a waste of time and is-ought bullshit is just something pseudo intellectuals want to repeat ad nauseum today
>>
File: morpheusreal.gif (1MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
morpheusreal.gif
1MB, 500x208px
>>132716151
whoa boy
do stretch your neurons before posting, you may get a sprain

>truth is relative to a specific population and whatever helps them succeed in a Darwinian sense.
you don't get it at all
he's arguing that, while objective truth exists and is easily, or not, explored by science, the common perception, this is the word that matters, perception, of truth for the individual is the result of the computations that his own brain makes upon the information from it's own sensory input and that said computation is ran on a neural architecture designed for darwinian survival

he is basically making the difference between subjective and objective truth

>He states he can't see the difference between scientific truth changing based on new evidence and scientific truth changing based on the circumstances a particular population is in.
absolutely disgusting
his entire rise to infamy was because he stated exactly the opposite
that, while it became the norm for the population to consider something which was scientifically untrue, he would not do it and would not conform

your argument is shit, your logic is shit
you need to become more articulate
sort yourself out bucko
>>
>>132719313
is "read hume" like "read hobbes" where you end up wasting your time? the answer is yes
>>
File: Sort yourself out son.png (160KB, 375x736px) Image search: [Google]
Sort yourself out son.png
160KB, 375x736px
>>132716333
>>
>>132723346
Nice claim buddy. Back it up. Explain how an ought can come from an is or explain why the point is moot.

>>132723464
What is even your contention in this thread? Just not a fan of Hume or are you trying to defend Harris?
>>
>>132722561
He's needed to take a stance against post-modernism,to take a unattackable stance.He's very good at debating and using logic,so there is little to no threat of public defeat.
Thats why he's needed.
He thinks he's needed to tell everyone what and how to think,and that he's needed to be a father to many people and help them in ways they dont want help.
I advise always against people who wants to tell you what and how to think without putting emphasis on the think for yourself part.
>>
>>132722955
You need to pay more attention to his videos then,mate.
He explicitly tells people with what IQ what school can they achieve.
Thats boxing in people in boxes defined by IQ.
And thats bullshit.IQ is only a single brick in a huge wall.And its not even located at the base.
>>
>>132717585
Can you not infer a greater objective truth from the observations you made on species?
>>
>>132716151
Im a Christian and I think this guy makes Christians sound like idiots.

He is a worthless naval gazing moron who appeals to people who have no experience with classical literature. Peterson is a basic bitch and his ideas are both obvious and retarded at the same time.
>>
File: 89737894214.jpg (51KB, 596x468px) Image search: [Google]
89737894214.jpg
51KB, 596x468px
>>132722828
It's so ironic to say that when you didn't properly read the OP
>>
>>132723713
harris doesnt need defending from a bunch of internet pseuds lol

yes the point is moot to begin with
>>
File: 1490754523517.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1490754523517.gif
2MB, 320x218px
>>132716151
>truth is continually changing
what an absolute moron
relativism not even once
>>
>>132723346
Look if someone has solved the problem of using scientific-eque method to describe how to act in the world I am happy to hear it, point me in the direction and I will go there.
>>
>>132723836
you can always tell who has a low iq. they talk about how iq isn't important as a predictor.
>>
>>132716151
I can't believe how much this guy makes, but at least he actually creates quality stuff unlike many people that make more than him.
>>
>>132724232
Out of arguments,i see.
>>
>>132723836
IQ is highly predictive of future outcome.

>>132723366
Watch the video around 1:20:00

He disagrees with you. I suggest you actually listen to him
>>
>>132716151
You spent a few minutes listening to him and decided to post about it? Shut the fuck up. Pour through days of his material and think about it for a few months and get back to us you fucking faggot.
>>
>>132724322
Yeah,you may say that IQ has predictive CAPABILITY of future outcome.
Can you say that IQ determines your future outcome?
If you cant say that,then you have to accept that boxing in people based on IQ is bullshit.
>>
>>132724305
you never had one to begin with, subhuman
>>
>>132724419
What do you mean by "boxing in"?
>>
>>132724556
Put them in match boxes,you know.
You have IQ 100 you can achieve high school and not above.
You have IQ 140 you can achieve university.
You have IQ 180 you can achieve nobel prize.
Crude examples of what boxing in means.
I had the idea english has this wordplay too,boxing people in.
>>
>>132723836
Success in education depends almost entirely on IQ, as far as highest attainment goes.

Success in LIFE is not bounded by IQ. Different arena. READ THE BELL CURVE ALREADY.
>>
>>132724765
I dont think education depends on anything else nowadays,than memory.How good you can repeat what the teacher told you to learn.
IQ is involved in solving problems mostly.
That may help you in math questions i admit that willfully.But after someone teaches you how to solve the problems it gets severed from IQ and returns the torch to carry to memory.
>>
>>132724741
Yeah it is an english phrase you just weren't being clear enough.

It's totally the case that people are going to struggle a lot if they are working above their intellectual capacity and I don't see why this is contentious to you. There is a tiny bit of wriggle room but it gets to the point for people where they can't understand high level concepts in a way that is efficient enough to ever study on that level. I've got plenty of friends who are like that and I've tried to approach papers and then realised I am never going to get it in an amount of time that's worth me reading it (whereas smarter people I know can).

It doesn't make people less human or less moral but it definitely can make them less useful.
>>
>>132723727
I don't think that's true at all. I think he's exploring depthful ideas by playing devils advocate. I don't think he's doing the complete opposite of telling people what to think.

>>132724173
This is what confused me. I think he's confused at this point where he believes reality is ever changing because science keeps changing its theories to adapt to new evidence. I think he's just made a simple mental hiccup.

Reality is reality and our understanding of it changes through evidence discovered. If you're digging up an archeological site, what you see may increase and the overall picture may change but what's underneath doesn't change. Maybe you break a bit and can never see the original item and only theorise about what it looked like.
Peterson's position seems to be that what the item being uncovered is relative to whatever will benefit the society ( or humanity as a whole) that's uncovering it. But he doesn't say "reality", he says "truth" so I think he's just saying that the moral truth is what matters.

>>132724419
Do you think a mental retardation with 60 IQ could ever comprehend the most advanced physics to date? Yes? There you go. You've just boxed someone in.
>>
>>132725010
Because intellectual capacity is not only IQ.Its a huge wall where IQ is only one brick.
You may argue that IQ is the keystone that keeps the arch up,but that doesnt mean IQ is worth something without the other bricks like mental fortitude or will.
>>
>>132724977
Math problems/ comparable problem solving things don't repeat in the same manner in proper academia or fields where these problems are solved.

People can be rich and successful without being smart (my second wealthiest friend is also my dumbest and he is very wealthy) but for certain fields a high IQ is necessary.>>132725132
>he's just saying that the moral truth is what matters.

This is what he means but he's only talking about the moral domain in this way. He doesn't think of scientific material truth in the same way other than when the material truth is useful for doing something with it (and then it needs to be treated as a toolkit and used in an engineering sense rather than science).
>>
>>132725132
>60IQ too low comprehend
>IQ is problem solving

I think with a good teacher a 60IQ can comprehend the most advanced physics to date.
What a 60IQ cant do is use that knowledge to solve a problem.
See where im going?
>>
>>132716151
His definition of truth makes perfect sense, as long as you're unprincipled hypocrite. If you strip aside all the filler words he uses to sound smart, without saying anything smart - he essentially says that truth is whatever is useful.
According to this 2+2=73 if a person put a gun to your head and happens to think that way. Or a wage-gap is truth as long as it useful to feminists.
Complete deconstruction of the most important concept in our civilization, in the best traditions of postmodernists who he seems to dislike so much. Incredibly ironic.
>>
>>132723498
>not Anon, clean your room
>>
>>132725387
Yes,obviously you wont be a mathematician with IQ100,thats fully true.
But to tell people they better not go to university because they dont have the IQ is a grave mistake.Especially if there are no IQ-measurements - NOT tests - that produce the same result 5 times out of 5 measurements.
>>
>>132716151
>something something something Sam Harris
Butthurt atheist detected
>>
>>132723366
> you don't get it at all he's arguing that, while objective truth exists and is easily, or not, explored by science, the common perception, this is the word that matters, perception, of truth for the individual is the result of the computations that his own brain makes upon the information from it's own sensory input and that said computation is ran on a neural architecture designed for darwinian survival
>you need to become more articulate
Seven commas in a 69 word sentence? You are the one that needs to become more articulate.
>>
>>132725447
Also not to sound like a fanboy: Harris lost all of his intellectual integrity in the last election cycle, he was parroting CNN for the most of it. He is religions, but his religion is liberalism of the church of democratic party. And he scared shitless about losing membership in that congregation.
>>
>>132725447
>- he essentially says that truth is whatever is useful.

I think that's a fair proposition because we are human and trapped in that perspective.

Guys like Sam Harris think that they're not which I can understand because it's a seductive thought but also extremely dangerous.
>>
>>132725681
relative clause, conditional clause, end conditional, end relative, separate main clause, emphasis, end separate clause
sorry bro but those commas are very well placed
you should definitely start reading things that are more complex than twitter posts
>>
>>132716151
>thinking this is good apologetics

I like him as a father figure but he's way off in the theology and philosophy department.
>>
Daily reminded that IQ test are bullshit
>>
>>132726679
also
>Sam Harris

kek
>>
>>132716565
This.
Watch more of his lectures.
>>
>>132725447
The problem is that, and Harris admitted multiple times, that this may be beneficial but it's not actually truth.

It seems like, by definition, truth is real regardless of perspective. People may have different perspectives on truth but it doesn't change actual reality. Going back to my analogy about an archaeological dig - people are going to uncover different parts at different times and theorise about the entire picture based on what is visible to them but it simply does not change what is underneath.

Factual reletavism seems to be the very thing that Peterson is arguing against. Why is not truth that someone is a girl just because they feel like one? If that's what benefits him they he's a girl now.

>>132726692
*Snacks lips*
>>
>>132716151
i fell for this guy
>an hero NOW
>>
>>132716565
He really doesn't. His basic motivational speaking is half-assed, you can find much better. His more advanced philosophical musing is completely scatter-brained post-catholic nonsense.
>>
>>132716151
he also is talking complit bullshit when it comes to Nietzsche

>Nietzsche was sad because god died
is this guy sniffing glue?
>>
>>132726353
>we are human and trapped
Ability to distance yourself and your condition from any inquiry is what separates intellectuals from the primitives.
We already have a term that describes usefulness of a particular thing - its "useful". We don't need to deconstruct something as set in stone as truth to fit it. Unless you're a disingenuous hypocrite that is.
>>
Peterson's quest to provide guidance and be a father figure to the spineless westerner worms is nothing short of heroic, but the more i listen to his lectures the more i take issue with his very unsubrle stretching of various academic concepts to fit his Traditional Conservative narrative.

I sort of understand he has to streamlne his views, but now you got Kekistani faggots that haven't read a book that wasn't Game of Thrones in their life spouting memes about shit they don't understand.

Not to mention he solidly established himself as a Jew enabler at this point.
>>
>>132726499
>relative clause, conditional clause, end conditional, end relative, separate main clause, emphasis, end separate clause
>sorry bro but those commas are very well placed
>you should definitely start reading things that are more complex than twitter posts
Define articulate: Expressing oneself easily in clear and effective language.
>>
>>132727029
>Why is not truth that someone is a girl just because they feel like one? If that's what benefits him they he's a girl now.
Yep. Pretty much the essence of his argument. And he e-begs for shekels to fight the very same idea in canadian law.
>>
He's adding some intellectual weight to the right but is ultimately non-ideological and opposed to doing what is necessary to secure a future for white children.
>>
>>132727676
You need to precipate your articulation collegiated zeitgeist
>>
File: fear of chaos.jpg (87KB, 802x543px) Image search: [Google]
fear of chaos.jpg
87KB, 802x543px
>>132727863

This guy gets it. Musical chairs on a sinking ship.
>>
>The view of Peterson doesn't make sense to me. What i understand his view to be is(...)
Instead of jumping to conclusions and hanging your uninformed opinions out for the world to see on this Uzebeki babboon taming atrium perhaps try spending the time on actually reading and getting to know his work before criticising something you clearly lack the knowledge of.
>>
>>132727666
He strongly endorses Solzhenitsyn and he knows about his opinion on jews. What do you expect him to say? Gas the kikes, race war now?
>>
>>132727400
It is true.
He feared that the death of god wouldn't be replaced by any value system, and that the west would fall for nihilism.
He proposed then a superior way of life: the ubermensch
>>
File: IMG_0574.jpg (451KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0574.jpg
451KB, 1508x1493px
>>132716353
>censoring names
>>
File: Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg (139KB, 555x414px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg
139KB, 555x414px
>>132729318

He equates ALL post-structuralism with Derrida while throwing the baby the fuck out with the bathwater concerning the actual redpilled post-structuralists like Deleuze, Baudrillard or R.D. Laing.

But good fucking luck getting anyone on /pol/ to read them now because you'll get only LE BLOODY MARXIST xD LE SORT LE CLEN memes in response.
>>
>>132729864
I'm challenging the notion that he is a jew enabler.
>>
>>132727662
you can try and distance yourself all you want but you cannot escape your perspective
>>
>>132730153

I don't mean his inability to call out the Kikes from the podium. But he for sure keeps gaslighting his followers into supporting the very system that resulted in them being, well *them*.

>just deal with it and b urself

i mean it's ok advice for an average robot but he goes further and blames EVERYTHING on the males refusing to acknowledge the very observable circumstances at all. He's just another "firm handshake" Boomer underneath all that meandering about Jung.
>>
>>132716565
This.
>>
>>132729864
You don't really have to read them, their major ideas are very basic and can be summed up in a single paragraph for each.
>>
>>132730533
I think you may be just projecting your insecurities on him. He acknowledges problems of young men, but he urges them to go on and live their lives the best they can regardless. He says that part of their problems lies WITHIN them and not outside in the big scary world. And he is right. Large part of the problem with young males is that the shitty educational system and overprotective or negligent parents, often single mothers, raised them into incompetent man children. There are only two ways to live with this - either they stay in their mom's basement playing video games for the rest of their shitty lives, dying unemployed virgins after a suicide or a heart attack before they turn 50 or they make the best out of the shitty circumstances they find themselves in. They get the best education they are capable of getting, they get the best job they can get (no matter how shitty), they look for an acceptable female partner and do their best to raise their own children to be better than them.
>>
>>132730878

>You don't really have to read them
>their major ideas are very basic and can be summed up in a single paragraph for each.

Yeah that's exactly what i meant, somehow Peterson's enlightening lectures result in obscurantism in his followers.
>>
>>132730533
Peterson is indeed a (classical) liberal boomer. No idea how anyone could get the notion he was actually right-wing. The whole system just went THAT far to the far left that even he looks like a reactionary.

His most outlandish ideas I heared were that the left believes the multi-cultural society would be more STABLE and the conservatives should give up their in-group preference to ally with the muslims, because they share the same morals.

People here love him, because they grew up with single mothers, and he became their father figure.
>>
>>132717565
How in the name of everliving fuck is Peterson a leftist? He's a centrist if anything.
>>
>>132731286
>somehow Peterson's enlightening lectures result in obscurantism in his followers.
Well that's kind of an academic thing in general, they would accuse me (and possibly you) of being too reductionist.

I actually think it wouldn't be a bad idea to sum up major philosophers and intellectuals like that in an infographic for /pol/, or does this already exist?
>>
File: ayy.jpg (152KB, 1892x778px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
152KB, 1892x778px
>>132731211

Dude, i'm 32, i have a stable job that puts me above 80% of my peers in terms of paygrade and i'll soon will be opening my own project with my close friend and a Jewish fuckbuddy. What the fuck is with you Peterson cultists going on and on about fucking videogames and virginity at every fucking unrelated conversation? I'm projecting? You're projecting your fears on me bud. My problem isn't LE CRAZY SJWS, it's the fucking 18% inflation rate. How the fuck is anyone supposed to make the best out of it? Peterson sure as fuck didn't have to deal with it when he was my age.

>they get the best job they can get (no matter how shitty), they look for an acceptable female

Yeah, exactly, be a good shabbosgoyim content with the scraps you're ebing thrown while pretending you're some kind of a hero. You're all have beein brainwashed and are experiencing a straight up perceptual disconnect.
>>
All scientific knowledge is pseudo-knowledge.

kerdasi amaq
>>
File: WHITE MALE.jpg (90KB, 605x547px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE MALE.jpg
90KB, 605x547px
>>132732134
DAS RITE MA NIGGUH! STAY WOKE!
>>
>>132732134

Inshallah my brother
>>
>>132716353
alt truth?
>>
>giving young men the confidence to believe in themselves and make positive changes in their life in the face of rampant demoralization

This man needs to be discredited!
>>
>>132732134
Although it's quite useful when it comes to counting potatoes.
>>
File: 1495548879653.png (63KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1495548879653.png
63KB, 420x315px
>>132732658
DONT DISAGREE WITH SOMEONE THAT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

THINK OF THE CHILDREN
>>
>>132722588
that's literally stoicism
>>
>>132717585
>Except he just asserts that Darwinian survival is what is truth in the moral sense.

Wow! I'm shocked. I would have never believed this were his thoughts by how often he cites Nietzsche.
>>
>>132731996
I'm not projecting. But I know where I am and this place is full of losers and MGTOWs that got it all a bit wrong. So I took a guess and I was wrong, sorry about that.

Anyway, Peterson doesn't tell you to be satisfied with shitty life. He says you should make the best out of it. So you do what you can and you fight the shitty status quo. You just don't give up.

>fucking 18% inflation rate
What does it have to do with Peterson. Russian economy sucks. What do you want Peterson to do? Kill your jewish politicians who pretend to be Russian? You (as in you Russians, not personally you) have to fight them.
>>
>>132727224
and that's why people like him, he hits that sweet golden spot between your father and professor
>>
>>132735502
>Anyway, Peterson doesn't tell you to be satisfied with shitty life. He says you should make the best out of it. So you do what you can and you fight the shitty status quo. You just don't give up.
Actually he explicitly says to settle for whatever woman you can find regardless of her history.
>>
>>132735502

>Kill your jewish politicians who pretend to be Russian? You (as in you Russians, not personally you) have to fight them.

That's precisely is what Peterson is against though. I don't know maybe i'm just frustrated that he's not the be all end all of self-iprovement i sort of built him up to be.

My point about his conflating entirety of post-structuralism with Derrida still stands though.
>>
>>132729864
>>132730878
deleuze and guattari
baudrillard and laing are all genius tier
peterson is a sassurian dinosaur who still makes sense because postmodernism makes less sense than modernism
>>
File: Land.jpg (68KB, 611x326px) Image search: [Google]
Land.jpg
68KB, 611x326px
>>132737018

Now this guy knows what's up. Have you taken the Land pill yet, anon?
>>
>>132716151
Well, yes, he tackles epistemology because he's in the social sciences and humanities, and if those broad fields are to have any relevance they need to answer the hard science claims that everything valuable to study has an objective factual basis that can be empirically measured. But the idea that facts and truth are not the same things is an old one, as indeed are most of the philosophical points that Peterson variously bases his belief set on.

Or to put it another way, if there is a relationship between an independent and some dependent variables, it may be probative to change one's perspective to consider what was previously thought to be a dependent variable as actually the variable that is independent, thus making the previously thought independent variable dependent. In such a frame, it may well be that utility is not based on rational observation, but rational observation is based on utility. This seems to me as something close to the anthropic principle. For example, we may not have ever discovered the gravitational constant if it were not important for us to look for it. In that sense, G is truth, but only to humans. To, say, a tribe of chimpanzees G isn't really true, although they are effected by gravity just as much as anything else.
>>
File: monkey-thinking.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
monkey-thinking.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>132723341
i see you re right. and i see some evidences of that in Zarathustra, particularly when zara tries to tell the people god is dead and people dont give a fuck. truth does not need defenders, it emerges. About the "elite" that can hold the ethics of the ethernal recurrence and then become the ubermench, i see no problem of the masses get to know that, to tell you the truth, for me ubermench is more of a target than a possibility.
>>
>>132723464
t. nigger

hume is pretty much the only STEM thing I ever read that wasnt a waste of time.

I think peterson is a force for good in calling out the bullshit of the system from within the system; especially his explicit redpilling wrt the lies of feminism does more to save the white race than all the masturbation of the neckbeards here combined. (not a tall order, but still).

that said, he is far too continental a 'thinker' for my tastes. rethorical flourishes designed to appeal to your audience are no substitute for an argument, and im really not holding my breath in him deriving ought from is.
>>
>>132716151
""""truth"""" is entirely human concept because there are great many interpretations of the complexity of the objective reality (which humans cant even grasp).
And it comes down to finding the "interpretation" that is as close as possible but most of all viable on a grand scale and beneficial to the humanity.

Im atheist but I see no problem with religion being used as moral compass, or as the likes of Peterson trying to find some archetypic universal wisdom that benefits the humanity in the bible.
>>
>>132716151
But that's a correct assessment of religion.
I think of him more as the alternative to fags like Dawkins than a christian apologist.
>>
>>132736100
Please provide a source for your claim.
>>
>>132716353
Life affirmative truth ?
It is nietzsche 101. What are you talking about you uneducated savage
>>
>>132739350
Watch his videos. IIRC it was in one of the recent ones, the 12 steps to conservatism or something like that.
>>
>>132716353
The word you're looking for is pragmatism.
>>
>>132716151

>he doesn't know what an archetype or a presupposition is
>>
>>132716151
relativism is fucking cancer.

Fuck this controlled opposition stooge.
>>
File: 1497894242318.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497894242318.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>132716151
>a smart-sounding academic
Doesn't know about William Lane Craig, the world's greatest living Christian apologist
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/
>>
>>132716500
>If you want to get into a big debate about what "truth" is, you're on the right path.

Indeed.
>>
>>132716565
Are you qualified to post here on this subject?
>>
>>132717565
this.
>>
>>132725427
No they literally couldn't learn that. People with 70 IQ never learn to read above a grade 1 reading level for example. 60 probably couldn't even do highschool math in the least. Have you never met or spent time with people who are actually stupid? They can't do shit like that and it's not their fault.
>>
>>132725447
this
>>
File: mad world.gif (559KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
mad world.gif
559KB, 500x273px
>>132716151
You wanna know whats True? Whatever is rational, and which supports/nurtures Life/growth for every individuated instance of divine manifestation to fulfill its highest potential/order(the forms/archtypes) which will in turn feed back into the same process and produce more Life, and could also be said to be universally objectively moral.

Somehow nature manages to do this entirely (seemingly) unconsciously, and yet somehow modern man with all his technologies and algorithms and so called "intelligence"(pride) just cant seem to keep himself or his society together. Golly gee, I wonder what the cause of all that might be?

I dont know, why dont we just sit around pretending we have no idea whats going on for another 2 decades and somehow Donald Trump, or the magical benevolence of the government, or the next generation of cucked white males will somehow figure out the solutions that were all just unable to see? I guess nature just made a mistake when the last couple of generations were created, thats another plausible excuse right guise?

Maybe its because youre all LYING SNIVELING COWARDS and are COMPLETELY FULL OF YOURSELVES AND SHIT and youre just afraid to enforce morality upon civilization because youre living in a hypnotic trance.

Stop.

Fucking.

Lying.

Already.
>>
>>132742766
tl;dr humans are animals, apply science to that shit I'm partial myslef to stoicism, even though they didn't have the scientific method then, they had the right idea. Shame they didn't know enough about niggers back then to pass judgement on Africa
>>
>>132724197
I am late to this argument but I just wanted to have this clarified. Could Peterson's position on truth be used to justify a race war? Considering that no two populations share the same truth a struggle between the varying truths would occur.
>>
>>132744514
everything can be used to justify a race war.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.