[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fairfield University Philosophy Professor Teaches ‘The Problem

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: whiteness1.png (1MB, 1003x575px) Image search: [Google]
whiteness1.png
1MB, 1003x575px
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/fairfield-university-philosophy-professor-teaches-the-problem-that-is-whiteness/?mod=sm_tw_post

>Speaking at a conference aimed at producing “radical social change” in higher education, a philosophy professor at Fairfield University says that explorations into the topics of race and racism must focus on “the problem that is whiteness.” Dr. Kris Sealey claims that whiteness is a “power apparatus.”

>Per the College Fix, the professor presented her views before the diversity conference, which is aimed at employees of Jesuit colleges. She talked about ways to bring up the topic of race in classrooms and focused the issue on “whiteness.”

>“So more and more, the courses that I teach on race have become courses in which I expect my students to engage in the hegemonic power of whiteness,” said Sealey, who identifies as a scholar of color. College Fix reports that Sealey taught courses such as “Black Lives Matter” and “Critical Race Theory.”

>The professor cited Emory University professor George Yancy, who wrote that “any inquiry into the experience of blackness must include some genealogy or some history of the white gaze.” In her understanding of what he wrote, Sealey says that it was important “to acknowledge that any critical investigation of race should devote some time to the problem that is whiteness.”

>Sealey says she has no intention of teaching her students how to evaluate themselves, but to “understand the role of the white gaze in the confiscation of the black body.”

How do we save Western academia from cultural marxist cancer?
>>
>>132666740
(((Sealey)))
>>
>How do we save Western academia from cultural marxist cancer?

The students who attend demand their resignation, or sue the organisation for creating a threatening and unsafe environment in which racists like this individual are free to roam about spewing their vile hatred.
>>
File: tweet 7.png (90KB, 1282x680px) Image search: [Google]
tweet 7.png
90KB, 1282x680px
This is starting to become a common thing too.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9272

>At a recent conference on Critical Race Theory, professors discussed how "there is no virtue in whiteness," with some saying "whiteness" is "inherently violent."

>“Whiteness has already been constructed against blackness. There is no virtue in whiteness, it is inherently violent,” one conference-goer tweeted, referencing a quote from Michael Dumas, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley who spoke at the event.

>“Whiteness and the United States knows itself through the violence and death of the subordinated,” another attendee quoted Dumas as saying, with one academic at the conference noting Dumas claimed that there “is no position of whiteness that isn’t already violent.”

>Dumas, notably, has expressed similar views in the past, tweeting that “whiteness” is “violent and delusional, delighting in Black death in every historical moment," claiming at the recent conference that “there will never be anything close to justice in the U.S. because the system is built upon violence.”

>Other conference speakers, such as University of Illinois at Chicago Professor David Stovall, apparently called the term “diversity of opinion” “white supremacist bullshit,” saying “white tears are an act of physical and political violence.”

>According to another attendee, Professor James Scheurich, who also teaches at Indiana University’s Purdue campus, claimed that “research” is a “colonial, white supremacist, elite process,” while Professor Theodorea Berry suggested that “some people need to be slapped into wokeness.”

>One attendee, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Chicago, concluded her time at the conference by noting that she’s “happy” since she managed to collect “a few white tears.”
>>
>>132669482
>tweeting that “whiteness” is violent

Uh, hasn't she seen the statistics? Are the statistics racist too?
>>
File: 1429559143395.png (300KB, 1500x2207px) Image search: [Google]
1429559143395.png
300KB, 1500x2207px
>>132670317

Statistics don't matter for "critical theorists".

They claim "facts" are a tool of "white supremacy".

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/17/students-claim-objective-truth-is-a-white-supremacist-myth/
>Students Claim Objective ‘Truth’ Is a ‘White Supremacist’ Myth

>Students at the Claremont McKenna Colleges argued that objective truth is a social construct devised by “white supremacists” to “attempt to silence oppressed peoples” in a letter to the Pomona College president.

>...the students went on to explain how objective truth is a concept devised by “white supremacists” in an “attempt to silence oppressed peoples.”

>"Historically, white supremacy has venerated the idea of objectivity, and wielded a dichotomy of ‘subjectivity vs. objectivity’ as a means of silencing oppressed peoples. The idea that there is a single truth–’the Truth’–is a construct of the Euro-West that is deeply rooted in the Enlightenment, which was a movement that also described Black and Brown people as both subhuman and impervious to pain. This construction is a myth and white supremacy, imperialism, colonization, capitalism, and the United States of America are all of its progeny. The idea that the truth is an entity for which we must search, in matters that endanger our abilities to exist in open spaces, is an attempt to silence oppressed peoples."

>The students go on to claim that Heather MacDonald is “ignorant of interlocking systems of domination that produce the lethal conditions under which oppressed peoples are forced to live,” which is an explicit reference to the concept of intersectionality, an increasingly popular theory of oppression...
>>
>>132670317
It's nonsensical, non-scientific bullshit.

I read a couple of the Journals and Magazines that Critical Racial Theory majors have put out and it is absolute trash.
Marx himself created the ideas leading to Marxist Critical Theory before modern science.
It's so full of shit.
>>
File: 1445210982654.png (330KB, 514x450px) Image search: [Google]
1445210982654.png
330KB, 514x450px
>>
I wish I had a professor that said this shit when I was in college.

Shit would get real.
>>
File: prescod.jpg (65KB, 640x278px) Image search: [Google]
prescod.jpg
65KB, 640x278px
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.