[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literacy tests for voting, in theory is it a sound practice to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1302320287824.jpg (98KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1302320287824.jpg
98KB, 600x480px
Literacy tests for voting, in theory is it a sound practice to ensure simpletons aren't wasting society's time?
>>
>>132569157
Yes, it should go hand in hand with a patriots test so as to ensure the people voting aren't going against the national interest
>>
>>132569157
This is one of those things that sounds good on paper until you give it more than 2 seconds of thought.
>>
I think there should be a test that you have to take about the candidate that you're voting for. Way too many people voted for Hillary that technically shouldnt have. I think you should be required to know what you're voting for basically.
>>
>>132569806

I question whether you are seeking to lampoon this prompt.
>>
>>132570106

that's not the worst idea
>>
>>132569157
if you create any mechanism meant to disenfranchise certain voters, the government will hijack it in order to influence elections. and this one depends on the asserted meaning of "literate". words are just sounds. you don't control them strongly enough to prevent the government from redefining them. are you so keen on being disqualified because you posted against muslims but the Zuckerberg administration made that a sign of illiteracy in 2021? (c.f. "educate yourself, shitlord!")
>>
>>132570106
nope. you'd have failed the Trump test in 2016, as administered by the Obama edministration, because you would have seemed to be ignorant of the fact that Trump is literally Hitler.
>>
>>132569157
Been saying this for years. A quick 10 question test is all it would take. Pass or fail you still get to cast your vote, but only passes would count. And you would not know if you passed or failed. The part of this I overlooked, is how racist it would be.
>>
>>132571474
hehehe.
>>
>>132569157
Rhodesia tried and look what happened to them, you bigot.
>>
>>132571831

I'm impressed you even knew their history of election practices

In this day and age that brief state is largely obscure.
>>
>>132570106
Alternate choice voting could solve a lot of these problems.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (39KB, 482x603px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
39KB, 482x603px
>>132570106
But then Arnold would never have ran California
>>
>>132570106
>>132571295
The only tests should be a citizen test, a brief iq test, and proof of a job and property
>>
>>132572830

I should hope someone without citizenship hasn't found their way into a voting booth!!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.