[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are disabled and/or elderly people supposed to survive without

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1482771696377.jpg (69KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1482771696377.jpg
69KB, 540x540px
How are disabled and/or elderly people supposed to survive without welfare? Especially when the elders have few living relatives and the cripple genes affect multiple people in the family. Not baiting, genuine question
>>
>>132546950
How'd elderly and disabled people survive before welfare?
>>
They make the responsible choice to submit to the self-removal facility.
>>
Their families. Or private charities.
>>
Elderly are either supposed to have savings from a life of working or have many children willing to help care for them in old age.

I'll concede that the severely disabled need help.
>>
>>132546950
They aren't
>>
>>132547076
Beggars on the mercy of the fellow man.

People on average died in their 60s and cripples used to freeze to death in winter
>>
>>132549366
Nowadays, kids cost more than they're making though.
>>
Before, gramps and gran gran would live with and be cared for by the family into their twilight years and provide support in the form of company, wisdom and caring for the youngest grandchildren. Our society has been structured to dissolve the family unit - parents spend a fortune raising kids and putting them through college, the kids move out as early as possibly and struggle to survive, then ship the parents to a care home when they get old. The state stepped in and replaced the family.
>>
>>132549643
And yet there is still civilization and society more or less functions exactly the same.
Longer life is a luxury.
>>
>>132546950
>How are disabled and/or elderly people supposed to survive without welfare? Especially when the elders have few living relatives and the cripple genes affect multiple people in the family
This is when you realize how important private charities are, and how generous religious people can be. There are still many good people out there who dedicate their free time or their whole lives to helping others in need. Atheists may hate religion and it's followers for whatever reason but they help the poor and sick quite a bit, I've seen it.
>>
You want my honest answer? I don't think that we should let people live once they:
a) Are too old and a drain on society's resources
b) Are too sick and a drain on society's resources
c) Are determined to be retarded/mentally handicapped
d) Make the choice to have no job and live off the state

Call me edgy and shit all you want, but people are living longer and longer these days and medical costs keep going up. Something is going to give, unless people are content giving upwards of 60% of their income in taxes to fund all the entitlement programs and elderly care in 30-40 years.
>>
>>132546950
Elder care is supposed to be done by their children. It is one of the reasons kids are so fucking important to have. The disabled are also to be cared for by families. If cripple genes run in a family than the family line will end. Prolonging the problem isn't going to help in the long run. It just pushes the problem along to the next generation.

No welfare does not mean no help either. We can do what we did in the past. We used to be charitable and help our neighbors. If you really want to help the old and disabled then bring back community. Bring back grassroots charity.
>>
>>132551762
>Longer life is a luxury
Yep, it always has been the privilege of the rich. Right now in the developed countries we have 3rd respective generation that will live way too long, so our not so benevolent masters imported some brown people to eradicate the current and future 80-year olds problem.
>>
>>132552558
>Elder care is supposed to be done by their children. It is one of the reasons kids are so fucking important to have.
With current birthrates, there won't even be people who remember the white race in a few decades
>>
>>132556078
No worries about that, Gonzales and Pancho will be able to distinguish who is white.

With their machetes that is
>>
>>132546950
>How are disabled and/or elderly people supposed to survive without welfare?
They're not.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.