[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me. I'll just be over here, predicting the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Terence McKenna.jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
Terence McKenna.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
Don't mind me.
I'll just be over here, predicting the meme war 2 decades before it starts.
>>
>>132520696
He was right about memes being the new form of rhetoric.
I don't think he predicted how many fucktards would be appropriating the medium though.
>>
>>132520696
he wasn't the first to speculate on the significance of internet communication. he was a phantasmagorical word smith and that's all he was.
all that bullshit about the logos and how shrooms are the reason we're so evolved, what were his solutions to life's problems?

www.humanityparty.com
>>
>>132521215
It's not the internet's massiveness he predicted but the idea that thought would evolve with smaller and smaller units of input with tech advances.
And his 'solutions' mostly involved slow, non-murderous de-population which is hard to argue with.
What part of stoned ape theory do you think is bullshit?
>>
>>132521545
>What part of stoned ape theory do you think is bullshit?
the ape part, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>132520696
Based af even though he spoke a lot of hippie nonsense he was a more articulate speaker than most of the current day philosopher we really did loose him didn't we,.
>>
>>132521732
So you don't doubt the mechanism but you don't believe we were 'apes' at the time?
The word 'ape' in Stone Ape Theory is really just a semantical joke and I believe the theory allows for true Homo Sapian Sapians or proto Homo Sapians if that's the case.
Tests linking mild psyclicobin use and increase in edge detection and orgy (higher doses) have yet to be debunked IRRC.
>>
>>132522212
I don't think we were ever apes. But that goes into my own beliefs, which aren't the point of the thread. What did McKenna think about our reality being a simulation?
>>
>>132522691
He made no concrete statement on the matter. It's a philosophical red-herring.
He was fascinated with VR and used it bolster his claim that many drugs essentially do nothing with your mind a computer (or future computer, he died in 2000) doesn't do.
>>
>>132522691
>"Where's the video?"
>>
>>132522691
Also, about apes and humans and divinity.
One thing he espoused frequently was that the greatest argument against a theory of Darwinian evolution was the human brain (which first noted Darwinian evolution).
>>
>>132522212
***psilocybin

sage
>>
>>132523329
what video ya talking about?
>>
>>132520696
Didn't it begin with news headlines long ago? And ad agencies and protesters in the 50s and 60s? Hippies?

Or did he predict goofy pictures with funny captions printed over them.

He didn't predict anything: he just did that thing that old people do when they begin to feel.out of touch and think that young people are getting dumber.

Also, him and his brother projected to much when interpreting their trips. Greeny liberals will interpret a dmt trip differently than a conservative logger.
>>
>>132524767
He didn't really say anything negative about young people.
What he predicted was shift in persuasive literary style to this ultra infectious, internet-aided, slogan style mode that we are indeed waging serious thought wars with.
>>
>>132524767
I will say that 'prediction' was not his forte but aside from the Time Wave, he made no declarative statements about how the future would be aside from adhering to the theme of novelty accumulation and acceleration.
>>
Fuck this guy and his faggot ass CIA concocted counterculture nonsense. He was a genius but he used it for evil. That and he was a staunch feminist who believed they should reduce the number of males in this world. He also considered himself a lesbian in a male body.

There are no good people at the Esalon Institute
>>
>>132526272
The dude spent decades in the rain forest hunting butterfiles with his shoes off. He knew what he knew because he couldn't stand to live any other way.
He was never wealthy and is one of the most well documented people of that era.
Give me one CIA citation about him and not the modern art bullshit.
He never advocated murder. Maybe just in-utero sex determination I guess, he only talks about it a few times.
1 to 3 male female ratio would be weird I guess but doesn't sound awful IMO.
He talked about this shit in passing.
None of his main 'rap' was about this.
Seriously, what "evil"?
>>
>>132526272
Also if that's true, why are all psychedelics illegal AF.
Seriously?
Was the CIA's plan all along to get fucking degenerates to do mushrooms so they'll roam the streets and burn bridges and fuck chicks on ketamine?
Logic is an ally.

sage
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.