[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are micro nations the future? 1. Reduce the need for massive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1498364643691.jpg (126KB, 1472x828px) Image search: [Google]
1498364643691.jpg
126KB, 1472x828px
Are micro nations the future?

1. Reduce the need for massive militaries
2. Increase native culture
3. Smaller tight knit communities better for humans to live in and be happy
4. Harder for nations and people to be subverted
>>
go ahead and make a load of small nations

I'll make a big one then conquer yours. take everything and put your people into slavery
>>
>>132346565
5. fucking easy to conquer by bigger nations

Do you even history?
>>
bro is that taylor swift?
>>
>>132346667
>>132346735
sure but what if hypothetically all nations were broken up into tiny micro states
>>
>>132346565
>2. Increase native culture
m8 culture isn't something you increase as if there's a storehouse with culture that has to go around and risk running out of it if there's too many ppl.
>>
>>132346735
What if tomorrow you woke up and all nations on earth were magically broken up into micro nations

An international treaty that enforced the size of nations to be small
>>
>>132346830
Like tribes?

mate have you ever read a book or looked at human history?
>>
>>132346928
Check his flag...
Why do you even ask.
>>
>>132346845
Culture comes from a tight knit group of people doing something each year as a tradition

Smaller nations would encourage culture to take root...obviously it wouldn't happen overnight
>>
>>132346565
Do you even history?

They'd start conquering each other.
You have a river I want? Give it to me or die.
>>
>>132346565
The exact opposite is true. Just look at spain, the reason it failed was a mix of government having non protectionist economics and its independent nation states only caring about themselves. Everyone ended up dirt poor.
>>
>>132346746
You fucking retard. Why do you even feel the need to ask that question? Use your fucking eyes, man.
>>
>>132347051
Aren't frequent smaller wars preferable to massive international ones?
>>
>>132346830
>hypothetically
no
>>
How do you propose to break up the nations? By military force?
>>
>>132346919
Who would have the power to enforce the treaty?
The miriad small nations with gross inequality of resources, difference in culture? Sooner or later some will ally themselves against each other and the process of unification and occasional collapse would begin anew.
>>
>>132347177

Im actually having a hard time figuring out if you're genuinely retarded or are just chatting shit
>>
>>132346565
Groups like ISIS would have a field day going from nation to nation raping their asses.
>>
>>132347268
>>132347259
The nations would have to agree to it unless you had a dominant power force everyone to do it

The treaty could be enforced by building a space station staffed by a group of people (philosophers, monks, statesmen, i have no idea) and giving them control of a powerful nuclear arsenal or something

If any nation became a threat by becoming too large the council could destroy it from space or send warning shots

Im thinking sci-fi here

If hypothetical situations make your autism leave please leave the thread...its all hypothetical
>>
>>132347604
So basically everyone is equal except for a few ideologues and opportunists at the top with control of the military. Sounds like textbook autocracy, anon.
>>
>>132346565
We had micronations in germany for centuries. They didn't work all to well - they used to feud all the time, criminals could escape pursuit by simply crossing the border (which couldn't be protected properly since there weren't enough soldiers due to the bad ration of population to borderlength) and when Napoleon came, they were quickly reduced to guerilla warfare.
Generally, a weak central authority and small federal states are preferable unless you live in an easily defensible area and are either self-sufficient or have a good trading position. Basically like a smaller switzerland.
>>
>>132346565

Yes, there will be a return to city-states and the rise of the tribes.
>>
>>132347790
No not like that

It would be like the UN except their only power is to nuke you from space if your nation becomes too big and powerful

It would be like the Supreme Court in that you are elected to the position for life and have to live in the space station until you die

The individual micro nations get their own governments and can basically do anything they want except form a large powerful country that endangers the safety and wellbeing of the other tiny nations

This UN like group would basically enforce the size of all the world's nations to make sure nothing got out of hand.

If a nation steps out of line and starts invading, conquering and turning into a large super power then the UN group can nuke it from space

Minor border wars would be permitted as long as the victorious nation did not claim a lot of land from the conquered territory
>>
File: 786456456.jpg (500KB, 795x796px) Image search: [Google]
786456456.jpg
500KB, 795x796px
>>132346565
>Are micro nations the future?

Yes. It was, and it will be again. We tamed the world once, and we can do it again. But first we must
>burn the heretic
>kill the mutant
>purge the unclean
>>
>>132348156
So what prevents this nuclear-armed UN from getting subverted in and of itself? How do you keep the Jews from taking control of it?
>>
File: 721.gif (4MB, 257x208px) Image search: [Google]
721.gif
4MB, 257x208px
>>132347604
Again, why would current nations - enjoying the many force multiplier effects of their respective sizes - would work against their interests?

Who would build a space station (a monstre international effort in the first place), which requires global empire-nations to construct and to maintain?

Basically you have an outlandish idea and ask everyone else how would it work - basically the current modus operandi of the US - intellectually and industrially sterile consumer idiot.
>>
File: 41234123.jpg (48KB, 658x390px) Image search: [Google]
41234123.jpg
48KB, 658x390px
>>132346565
>1. Reduce the need for massive militaries
All you peninsulas belong to us.

Nation without nuclear ICBMs is not fully capable nation.
>>
>>132347051
>You have a river I want? Give it to me or die.
Just split the damn river
>>
>>132347950
I don't see the problem with feuds and the borders would probably be more easier to control in the modern period with our technology

Again this hypothetical scenario would assume there could be no large France that could dominate the smaller nations
>>
>>132348271
Thats probably the most difficult part

You could create a weird class of eunuchs to staff the space station who live like philosopher monks

Obviously I don't think any of this could actually work but it would be a cool sci-fi novel I think

Final authority belongs to a weird space cult that does nothing except enforce one law and has little to no communication with earth
>>
>>132346565
I think this would be a good compromise between libertarianism and conservatism. It is basically global federalism.
Problem lies of cause with the implementation. Not many States will willingly split up. And this also kind of goes against the idea of race since races are very large defined ethnic groups so they would have to inhabit multiple micro states.
But the argument thta bigger states will annex is bullshit. Theres tons of small states existing. And since they do not pose a threat usually bigger states leave em alone.
>>
>>132348591
It would make for an interesting read. Get writing, anon. I've need for a good speculative fiction novel.
>>
>>132348885
Think of all the subset cultures and lets take New York State for example.

Someone from New York City is very different from someone who lives in the rural north of the state. But even then the state is very different from east to west.

Each micro area gets to determine what is best for itself. Sure there will be conflict...that is human.

But I think its much more preferable for humans to live in a smaller scale

It will also be a huge job creator because each micro nation will need its own _____ for every task.

Nations have become too large and impersonal
>>
>>132347950
Thats true but. Micro states dont equal feudalism.
I'd prefer small states where intervention from the outside rwmains a possibility to a global state where theres no possibility of intervention anyday.
What would happen if theres a world government and it turns into a dictatorship of the worst kind?
>>
>>132349185
The Benefits of microstates are pretty much the same benefits federalism has compared to centralized governments:
Competition
Checks and Balance
More accurate solutions to better defined problems.

Implicationwise its difficult though.
Best benefit would be that no war between two nations could cause nuclear holocaust or other catastrophes.
>>
>>132349660
Is federalism similar to how the Holy Roman Empire worked?
>>
>>132346565
>ywn run your hands through Taytay's unkempt hair before taking her into the shower to fuck before celebrating America's birthday with your family and friends
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.