[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasny this movie supposed to be anti nazi? I cant see the anti

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: v1[1].jpg (17KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1[1].jpg
17KB, 206x305px
Wasny this movie supposed to be anti nazi? I cant see the anti nazi propaganda here, actually the opposite
>>
File: Hitler is everything bad.png (108KB, 1243x533px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler is everything bad.png
108KB, 1243x533px
>>132309305
>attack innocent people in a store just kindly minding their own business
>fat disgusting neo-nazi spitting everywhere
>they get extremely angry and violent when the guy leaves the group
>prison neo-nazi's rape him because they're evil and he's only protected by saintly wise black man
>only smart guy gets wise to the evils of intolerance and leaves the group
>works with sophisticated and understanding black man to move his brother away from the destructive ideas
It's something akin to an ideological vaccine. It can change the minds of a few people but the purpose is to increase your instinctive resistance against the ideology.
Even if some of the points made are correct, it's thrown together with a bunch of fucked up shit to discredit them.
Then the person you're supposed to identify with learns better and abandons those beliefs.

It's supposed to have a coherent and interesting story, so obviously it's not going to be "lets kill these niggers because I hate their skin color".
>>
>>132309305
I want to watch this movie and actually have a copy on my laptop but I just can't stand the rape scene I heard about.
>>
>>132309305
I watched this a few weeks ago for the first time since 2003 and almost fucking cried when I realized the exact same goddamn issues that Derek was addressing 20 years ago are even worse today. How can you play a role like that and not fucking realize that everything your character is saying is true?
>>
File: teeth.jpg (75KB, 713x494px) Image search: [Google]
teeth.jpg
75KB, 713x494px
>>132310758
are you trolling? what??? its a movie, faggot
>>
>>132310905
I'm not trolling I just can't stand it, posting gore doesn't do a thing to me now kinda an oldfag.
>>
>>132309305
Friendly reminder that the original ending had Derek reshaving his head after Danny was shot.
>>
>>132311719
Would have been much better. Especially with some fight spirit music
>>
File: 1499097686588.jpg (96KB, 591x425px) Image search: [Google]
1499097686588.jpg
96KB, 591x425px
The movie is basically: "Live by the the sword, die by the sword" with a twist to the expression. You can also say the movie has a message of anti-violence if you want to protest.
Derek's anger and roots for "radicalisation" comes from the murder of his father by niggers, he was a firefighter and got killed during an intervention.
On the whole anti-violence, Derek recognises some problem (over-represenation of latinos in casual work, his neighboor changes quickly and he refuses that), the only thing he comes up is attacking a store instead of protesting or being involved politically.
During the prison act, it shows a clivage between him and other neo-nazis. He stands for the ideals at any time, while the others do anything like selling drugs or having alliance with others groups in jail. In a earlier scene before the attack on the store, one skinhead smokes a joint before Derek, he scolds him and says "That's a thing for niggers" IIRC, it's short but it shows you he's strict kind of man.
The final twist has some kind of problems, what if Derek didn't leave the group, and the event only reinforced his ideas and ideals? What happend to him after that? After all the roots of all of this was the death of his dad.
One of the main problem I have with the movie is the passivity of Derek after he goes to prison, the movie is clearly plot driven at this point, but it can be justified (not in control of his life, restriction of movements...etc.).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.