[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's obviously some kind of feud between Baby Boomers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: Gen X.jpg (17KB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
Gen X.jpg
17KB, 450x270px
There's obviously some kind of feud between Baby Boomers and Millennials. How does Gen X fit into the picture?
>>
>>132276312
bump
http://socialmarketing.org/archives/generations-xy-z-and-the-others/
list of all the generation names
>>
File: CEiLPxQWIAAXb1u[1].jpg (53KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
CEiLPxQWIAAXb1u[1].jpg
53KB, 500x700px
>>132276312
Gen-X was sort of a tragic generation. It began by promising rebellion and a rejection of Baby Boomer society, but the rebellion was crushed. Gen-X gradually became a large group of Boomer bootlickers who maintain institutions and corporations on behalf of their Boomer bosses.

Gen-X is perhaps exemplified by US House Speaker Paul Ryan, who greedily gobbles up Baby Boomer money in exchange for protecting them legislatively and granting them whatever sort of favors they desire.

Compare this to the Baby Boomers themselves in 1997, when they were the same age as Gen-X today - by then, Boomers had simply pushed the older generations aside and taken control of everything. Gen-X never did this. Gen-X simply let the Boomers keep running everything without protest.
>>
generation x is full of whiny 40-50yr olds who had it goddamn easy but still managed to drown themselves in credit card debt and health bills. thats how i see it.. atleast trhe bad lot of them.
and they are either the ones who attempt to kick it and act like they are millenials or they rant on millenials and bitch and whine about how worthless andf lazy millenials are
>>
>>132276312
For doing absolutely nothing and simply blaming everything currently happening on people both older and younger than themselves, I proclaim Generation X to be the Nigger Generation.
>>
>>132277025
you nailed it on the head!
>>
>>132277436
>nigger
kek! nigger tier generation
>generation Nigtier
>>
>>132276312
They're the worst actually. At least the baby boomers have misguided optimism. Gen x will let society get destroyed because caring isn't cool enough.
>>
>>132276312
A cucked generation, it absolutely believes in and perpetuates the boomer view of the world but is partly in the same boat as the millennials.
>>
Gen Y members are much more racially and ethnically diverse and they are much
more segmented as an audience aided by the rapid expansion in Cable TV channels,
satellite radio, the Internet, e-zines, etc.
>>
Gen X was raised on rebellion and revolution.

Drugs, sex and rock and roll.

Fuck celebrities and fuck hollywood.

We never went away, we just took a break to fuck raise some kids, and instill in them the ability to both raise hell AND believe in our country.

Dont believe it, we dont care. Every Generation since X has become nothing but pro-govt generic sissified scum.

Music was better, DIY and play instruments, get off the autotuner, and DJ's are barely talented.
>>
generation of “latchkey” kids, exposed to lots of daycare and divorce. Known
as the generation with the lowest voting participation rate of any generation,
Gen Xers were quoted by Newsweek as “the generation that dropped out without
ever turning on the news or tuning in to the social issues around them.”
>>
>>132276312
The first generation of Western women who thought they could have babies when they're 38
>>
File: ted.jpg (37KB, 920x642px) Image search: [Google]
ted.jpg
37KB, 920x642px
>>132277025
Ted Cruz is also Gen-X and pretty much the opposite of Paul Ryan. He does however need to lay off the eyeliner.
>>
>>132277137
>first generation to have it worse than their parents
>easy

It was a pretty raw deal. Where our grandparents were acting in good faith, our parents saw the state of the world and vowed to change it. But they kept on business as usual.

>>132277025
>Compare this to the Baby Boomers themselves in 1997, when they were the same age as Gen-X today - by then, Boomers had simply pushed the older generations aside and taken control of everything. Gen-X never did this. Gen-X simply let the Boomers keep running everything without protest.

We didn't know what to do. Our educations sucked. We were left without a history. Boomers rejected tradition and religion. We had no moral compass. You say the wrested control, but our grandparents walked off the stage. Clinton, W, Obama; they were the first three presidents of the boomer generation. How were we supposed to handle that? The economy tanks and all the financial advice we could cobble together on our own was useless. Then the regulations came and entrepreneurship was impossible. We were some black pulled sons of bitches for a very long time.
>>
>>132278237
idk id probably throw him in with this generation,
Boomers II or Generation Jones

Born: 1955-1965
Coming of Age: 1973-1983
Age in 2004: 39 to 49
Current Population: 49 million

This first post-Watergate generation lost much of its trust in government and
optimistic views the Boomers I maintained. Economic struggles including the oil
embargo of 1979 reinforced a sense of “I’m out for me” and narcissism and
a focus on self-help and skepticism over media and institutions is
representative of attitudes of this cohort.
>>
>>132278264

shit...Ive never seen someone some what summarize my gen
>>
>>132278264
hat a bunch of stupid excuses. There is only one true excuse your generation needs: you're outnumbered in a democracy. Not shit you'll ever be able to do about it either since as soon as the Boomers die, you'll be outnumbered by the Millennials. Scream all you want, no one is going to come to your rescue and the rape is going to happen no matter what.
>>
File: 129791361354.jpg (12KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
129791361354.jpg
12KB, 306x306px
>>132278264
>Our educations sucked. We were left without a history. Boomers rejected tradition and religion. We had no moral compass.

Add a completely fucked job market and the worst recession in modern history, and you'll understand how millennials feel.
>>
>>132278264
Things were still pretty good in the West up until the end of the Cold War. Socially, economically. If an entire generation hadn't checked out of real life to obsess over fictional shit and minor day to day issues, who knows what the world would be like now.
>>
>>132278585
>your generation needs: you're outnumbered in a democracy
Also true. That's part of what wore us down.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 262x192px
Gen X:
Assange
Obama
Twitter

We actually do stuff while the babies and the old fucks argue.

Have a problem?
A Boomer will charge you out the wazoo.
A Millenial will hem and haw and ask for help and half fix it. Or just sell you a new one.
A Gen-Xer will roll up his sleeves and not only fix it but make it better than it was to begin with.
>>
>>132278840
What real life? There's a reason so many punk bands came out of Anaheim.
>>
>>132278999
Politics
>>
>>132279164
I'm not tracking.
>>
File: IMG_0880.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0880.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>132278585
>>
>>132278997
Obama is an empty talking suit. Assange is an anomaly, men like him come along maybe once a century
>>
>>132279164
Oh, SORRY. We were busy fixing the roads & the electricity, and raising our younger siblings while our parents partied.
Sorry we don't give 2 fucks about your silly political pantomime of bullshit.
>>
File: Ronald_Barnes_43[1].jpg (34KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ronald_Barnes_43[1].jpg
34KB, 480x600px
>>132278264
Gen-X'ers are really not helping themselves, though. I have read that the median age of criminals is going up, in large part because Gen-X'ers never chose to "pull it together" as they grew up and abandon lives of crime, drug-abuse, homelessness, etc.in favor of maturity and success.

The Boomers had their "wild years," but as bad as they were, they still realized that you have to shape up at SOME point - usually by your mid-30's - otherwise, your entire life will become a failure.

Gen-X, for whatever reasons, does not seem to understand this fact. And it is a tragedy. The amount of self-destruction, opioid abuse, personal chaos, etc. among X'ers is awful. They need to finally grow up and become real adults, and not failed parodies of adults. Get off the drugs, obey the law, make some money.
>>
>>132276312
It's important to consider the size of each generation.

The boomers were about 76 million, millenials about 71 million, and X only 41 millions.

X had the benefit of growing up during the tech boom, and has dominated the start-ups and small-business world. They grew up very, very differently from their boomer parents but never had the numbers or enthusiasm to make political waves, and with the much larger gen Y reaching voting age likely never will.
>>
>>132279474
Politics isn't a hobby or an interest. It doesn't have to be interesting to you. It concerns you.
>>
>>132278997
Obama is a Baby Boomer. In the US, the generational cutoff between the Boomers and Gen-X is generally accepted as 1964/1965, with Gen-X ending at some point between 1982 and 1985.
>>
Gen X here, the 90s ruled.
>>
>>132279452
One either hates Obama or loves him.
Because he actually *did* shit.

Assange is once in a century? Yes. In MY generation, bitch.
>>
>>132279690
You're absolutely wrong, i know a shit ton of people on both the left and the right who think Obama was meh and didn't really do much.
>>
>>132279635
Politics is a distraction from what is really going on.
You think those puppets rule the world?
Fact is, your neighbor can make your life hell no matter who is President.
>>
>>132279957
Wrooong. It's exactly the other way around. Politics determines whether a nigger welfare housing will be built in your neighborhood. Micromanaging your life and not even doing it well is pretty much what defines your gen. You have to think bigger.
>>
>>132279679
yeah u bankrupted our country by allowing these boomer pussies to pass bills and crash housing markets
>>
>>132276312
They don't figure in at all really.

They're too busy dying of alcoholism, heroin overdoes, meth lab explosions or crippling debt.

They had a good time in the 90s though. Millenials (early ones anyway, i was born in '88 for example) came of age when the world decidedly began taking a nose dive into a shit pile of cultural decline.

Whereas Boomers are getting up there in age, have most of the wealth, and millenials are just waiting for them to die. Though, it remains to be seen if that'll be a good thing or bad thing.
>>
>>132280259
right there with u brother
>>
>>132279647
From the Wikipedia article on Gen X:

>Demographers William Strauss and Neil Howe rejected the frequently used 1964 end date of the baby boomer cohort (which results in a 1965 start year for Generation X), saying that a majority of those born between 1961–1964 do not self-identify as boomers, and that they are culturally distinct from boomers in terms of shared historical experiences. Howe says that while many demographers use 1965 as a start date for Generation X, this is a statement about fertility in the population (birth rates which began declining in 1957, declined more sharply following 1964) and fails to take into consideration the shared history and cultural identity of the individuals. Strauss and Howe define Generation X as those born between 1961–1981.
>>
File: Red and Yellow.jpg (48KB, 541x599px) Image search: [Google]
Red and Yellow.jpg
48KB, 541x599px
>>132276312
They are slightly redpilled.

Gen X men I meet tend to be on facebook. My adoptive dad reposts those macro memes about how bad islam is. And he tried to redpill me by showing me a video of a muslim speech about how they and the west are completely incompatible, not just extremists.

My biological father is a confusing story. He's like a naturally evolved aussie shitposter. He enjoys getting kicked off facebook groups for shitting on islam, faggots and women.

I don't know how into theory he is, or if it's just a natural consequence of his life. But because of his past he can't read very well. But he did sit down for a week and study the quran.

also he really liked the amish when I last saw him.

Gen X is better than boomers or millenials. But Gen Z boys are fiscally conservative, classical liberals without even needing to go through shit like stock market crashes. Gen Z girls will come around the moment they can't fall back on big daddy government.

Gen Z doesn't need to be all 14/88 from the get go. If Gen X attained this level of redpill from life, then the next financial crisis will redpill many more millenials and gen z. At least from a financial perspective.
>>
>>132280494
>>
>>132280150
Even so, don't you know that the people you see are not the ones running things?
>>
File: 1498060119896.jpg (18KB, 599x389px) Image search: [Google]
1498060119896.jpg
18KB, 599x389px
>>132278051
Lol, um sweetie, no.

The underground scene is great and surviving. You're just old and out of touch.

In your cognitive development as a young fapling, you had raised endorphin levels. What you experienced you obviously thought was better. You'll never be able to stand apart and seperate your experience from the big picture.

As a poser, you were clearly left out of the loop.
>>
>>132277025

This.

We all have mental issues now.
>>
File: 1387010691014.jpg (26KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1387010691014.jpg
26KB, 429x410px
>>132280557
>If Gen X attained this level of redpill from life, then the next financial crisis will redpill many more millenials and gen z.

Millenials and Gen Z already had to deal with the worst recession the world's had in years.
>>
>>132278134
Most that I've met are struggling to grow up or get out of drugs. Heroin mostly
>>
>>132280637
Nah, that's just silly
>>
>>132280741
It's not as clearcut. Big capital runs the world, but to a degree only. It still is extremely responsive to socio-political trends. You can actually crash a whole national market with false flag memes. Economics is largely a self-fulfilling prophecy
>>
>>132280883
Heroin and meth are the two biggest drugs that plague Gen X. Weed kind of transcends the generation gap, from what I've seen.
>>
>>132277025
The greatest generation was easy to push out of the way sense they were all dying. people don't die anymore. I'm still waiting for an 88 year old to die so I can take his job that he refuses the give up.
>>
>>132280799
>Um, sweetie
Stopped reading right there.
You sound like Hilary Clinton.
>>
>>132280875
At the time, millenials were not actually invested in the markets.

Gen Z were too young to really understand what was going on. But they felt the effects and became more conservative about wasting money.
>>
>>132281095
Well, to be fair, he's Silent Generation.
I dig those guys.
>>
>>132280883
aton of my gen x friends are methheads or recovering heroin junkies unfortunatley. i wouldnt call them friends as much as they are just old family friends but yeah its starting to creep into millenials as well and im seeing it more and more..but i also think the millenial drug use is literally caused by the recession and student loan debt on top of gen x parents not giving a two fucks that they poorly raised one of the biggest generations (number wise) and filed them
>>
File: DEG5AL2n.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DEG5AL2n.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>132281127
Sweetie confirmed
>>
File: 1495253444740.png (1002KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495253444740.png
1002KB, 1280x720px
Is mid-'95 millennial or gen z?
>>
>>132281257
Gen Z is under 21 and under. It's too early to say how conservative they are with money
>>
>>132281386
ive been seeing that fagget post alot on pol lately >uses sweetie
>>
>>132281430
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (27KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
27KB, 323x323px
>>132280243
>yeah u bankrupted our country by allowing these boomer pussies to pass bills and crash housing markets
Yes, I'm 100% certain that the individual who made the comment 'the 90s ruled', did all the things you just mentioned, and as such is personally responsible for destroying your life, it's the only conclusion one could possibly draw from the mountains of evidence he presented, ie: the statement that 'the 90s ruled'.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3KB, 160x160px
>>132281386
Sit & spin, my dear.
Then go crochet some doilies.
>>
>>132281896
Also
>allowing the boomers
>>
Gen X here, most guys in my high school class run small businesses and homeschool their kids so they don't turn out like millennials. Boomers and millennials are similar to each other as are Gen X and Gen Z.
>>
>>132281375
as a millennial every single one of my friends had parents that would allow us to drink/smoke cause "it was better to do it there then out somewhere we could get caught"

Obviously we were doing way worse shit then drinking and smoking pot

Probably contributes to it a little bit
>>
>>132282078
Voila
>>
>>132282078
only by the numbers in population nothing else dipshit or atleast give me some evidence...
because im pretty sure we millenials parent which are mostly gen x didnt fight in any war idiot and majority of millennial men have been to Iraq and Afghan like me
>>
>>132281095
That's part of it, but the Boomers were also way more aggressive in the way they did business and dealt with their bosses. The "corporate raider" culture wasn't pioneered by Boomers, but they embraced it. Basically, if older people stood in their way, they'd go around them/undermine them/plot against them/ultimately destroy them. Anything from blackmail to sabotage was on the table. Boomers wanted power, and they grabbed it.

Gen-X simply doesn't have the same kind of "killer spirit." Certainly not the aggression and scheming that would be necessary to take down the Boomers, in an case. When the Boomers were moving up in the workplace, they ran into a bunch of "gentlemen's agreements" made between their older bosses. They blew those agreements to bits and remade everything in their own image.

But now that Boomers are aging and have made their own "gentleman's agreements" with each other, Gen-X is mostly just abiding by those agreements, and lacks the balls to get up in the faces of the Boomers and intimidate them.
>>
>>132282124
exaclty and my parents and majority of my friends parents were gen x and were all degenerate idiot parents who def didnt give 2 cents or 2 fucks about our future. iu made stupid decisions when i was a teenager but my choice was either military or student loan debt intll im in a cofffin, i chose military and i can atleast get a decent job
>>
>>132276312
They're libertardians usually.
>>
>>132282626
Bump.
>>
>>132276312
Gen X is fucking tired.
Most Gen Xers were latchkey kids from the age of six or so.
Boomer parents were self absorbed, self centered, self righteous degenerates who "encouraged" independence. That meant, that we were supposed to handle it alone so they didn't have to.
Get up, get your own breakfast, get yourself to school. Get home, feed yourself, wash the dishes and don't bother me at work.
They unironically believed we were irresponsible and called us "slackers", regaled us with endless stories about their great rebellion.
>>132277137
>easy
>wasn't born yet
>>132277436
STFU Jewish American Princess
>>
>>132276312
They are our parents. They were horrible parents - we saw their 'rebellion' (hippies/drugs/race-mixing/anti-traditional/anti-civilization) bullshit and watched them turn into useless faggots who exploded the national debt (put onto us and our kids/grandkids), enact all sorts of leftist nonsense as well as being the most feckless 'conservatives' in the history of mankind. They also spent all our inheritance. Some of them had ZERO rules or boundaries for their kids (complete permissiveness), others went super-strict as a reaction.

Those of us Gen-X who didn't become useless drug addicts, coal-burners with 15 halfrican bastards or rainbow colored tubs of lard are the ones working our asses off in jobs with no real advancement, with no pensions in a shitty economy and watch Gen-Y (shit is confusing, millennials?) being raging faggots, beta-males, race-mixing fuckwads crying about their little feelings.

We are most likely the largest voting block for Trump - we're disgusted by our parents and our peers, the direction of our country and Europe, and while we aren't loud about it like our parents or younger people, we're mad as hell and ready to snap.

Anyone else notice when the "generation X" label came out that it was indicating there would only be TWO MORE generations of us? Notice that no one uses the label Generation Z?? Maybe that would have been too obvious...
> can't have goyim knowing
>>
File: X.png (16KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
X.png
16KB, 600x515px
>>132284044

you speak out of my soul

https://www.caycon.com/blog/2012/01/gen-x-sets-high-standards-for-gen-y-entrepreneurs
>>
>>132276312
we don't give a shit
we never give a shit
what a stupid question
>>
>>132278264
Well put

>>132279493
Those of us who aren't drug addicts are the ones working and paying for shit for the dindus, kebabs and snowflakes, while we have less than our parents/grandparents and take care of them, too.

>>132279623
Good point about numbers. It's not so much that we didn't have the enthusiasm, but partly because the boomers in politics & high up in business had made cozy inroads and relationships, which made it a lot more difficult to break into for us. When we did, there was pushback and walls thrown up while they cling to their own and keep wrecking the nation.

>>132280243
You are obviously too young to realize this but we either just graduated from high school or were still in high school in the 90s.
>>
>>132283676
I'm a libertardian. Don't expect the government to do anything for my generation because in a democracy the group with the most people wins. We weren't in a position to win so I mainly think about restraining the excesses of the boomers and the millennials. Both these groups try to vote themselves freebies from the government. I feel bad for the millennials because the boomers spent 20 trillion dollars on themselves that the millennials will have to pay back. Your college loans will not be forgiven, medicare and social security costs will increase. Overall us gen xer's will have it better than the millennials because we'll be in a position to retire by the time the bill comes due.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.