[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people get upset about a fucking flag? It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pantedpieceofcloth.jpg (297KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
pantedpieceofcloth.jpg
297KB, 1200x675px
Why do so many people get upset about a fucking flag?

It's a flag, a fucking flag. It's no holy thing just because it has a certain painting on it

Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it
>>
Please read Mein Kampf. Hitler has a lot to say about the importance of flags. Flags are tied to a people. It represents the cultural and ethnic heritage. "Progressives" want flags removed to destroy the ethnic and cultural heritage that unites people of a country.
>>
>>132210500
Its not the colours, its not the stars, its not the stripes - its the meaning.
As >>132210602 said, flags represent a collected group of people - their achievements through time.
You can burn a piece of cloth that we call a flag any time of any day and it doesn't change anything - but what you're really saying is that you view that country as worthless, for example.
Just like your beloved Quar'an, if I was to burn or shit upon it, its not the fact that its paper - its what that paper represents.
>>
>>132210805

I just personally think it's ridiculous that fire + paper/flag equals disrespect.

I'd burn a Quar'an any day if I wanted a firepit and had nothing else to burn. It doesn't make sense to me how it means disrespect.
>>
>>132210991
Its entirely about the motive and approach.
For example, both the Boy-scouts of America and the Quar'an say that if you must dispose of a American flag/Quar'an, burning them respectfully is the proper way to do so.

If you act like a nigger and take a shit on them, then burn them, while also making it a public statement of your feelings for them - you're attacking the people who respect them so dearly.
If you act with respect or desperate need and must use them, and don't make a big scene out of it, you are just doing something that you must.
>>
>>132211171

Some people just seems overly sensitive regarding those matters.

My stepdad which is an ex-soldier, we often have fun-talks about such things. I brung up the topic about flags, came into burning flags and such. He was sort of upset when I said that I couldn't give a shit less about flags. He got upset, likewise as many other people especially ex-soldiers.

I don't get why you would get upset about such a thing. Do they think they're someone special?
>>
I think it can be hard, given our day and age,to feel a strong connection with our countries or the flags that represent them. Most countries don't have much in the way of getting behind their nation and supporting it to the fullest extent. I feel it's fair to say that most countries are in a time of relative peace and so we begin to lose that connection that would normally be there during a time of war.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.