[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find the idea of stolen valor ridiculous? Some

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: stolenvalor.jpg (213KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
stolenvalor.jpg
213KB, 800x599px
Does anyone else find the idea of stolen valor ridiculous? Some moron goes down to the recruitment office, goes to camp to get treated like shit, only to get shipped over seas to defend some oilpump. While he is there for like two years, he gets a shiny extra line on his uniform, which basically is only a way to motivate the soliders not to quit early, and feel like they're progressing.

And then, when he gets home, and sees some guy wearing a uniform, who probably wasn't in the army, he gets so fucking pissed off that he almost beats the shit out of him.

All the while the "service he did for his country" makes him only a brick in the wargames. A brick who would have been easily replaced if he didn't sign up.

I don't know. The whole system seems like a scam to make soliders think they're heros, but the government only see them as disposable trash. That's why so many of them end up on the streets.
>>
>Does anyone else find the idea of stolen valor ridiculous?

No, I don't. What I find ridiculous are the generalizations you see in both directions.
While a lot of the conflicts the U.S. have been involved in have been highly questionable, you can't deny that someone putting their life on the life (e.g. seeing intense combat) to further the goal of conquering a legitimate enemy is worthy of recognition.

By that same token, it's wrong to say all troops are heroes. Some of them just guard shitters or do exactly what you pointed out.

Like I am thankful of police officers, but the faggots who just go around and try to spend their day busting 20 year olds for drinking on their porch can go fuck themselves.
Really it's the same principle.
>>
>>132150346

>a legitimate enemy

Murican mental gymnastics, you faggots love to fight and die for Israel and its kikery.
>>
Both the people who larp as soldiers and the butthurt IDFs who call out the larpers are faggots. I'd say the larpers are a little worse, though.
>>
>>132149977
Joining the military is the ultimate blue pill cuckery
>>
>>132150494
>retarded beaner pointing out what's a legitimate enemy

I'd rather be blood thirty and fighting for kikes, than beaner drug lords breathing down my neck and fucking my sister.
>>
File: 1496777074968.png (174KB, 576x590px) Image search: [Google]
1496777074968.png
174KB, 576x590px
>>132150973
I like you
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.