[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to old protestant ethos? They used to be against

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

What happened to old protestant ethos? They used to be against all forms of degeneracy
(except for parliamentarism). Once they were advocating for baning alcohol, gambling, immodesty, sexual depravity, etc. and were all for focusing on hard work and asceticism. It is needles to say how it looks now.
>>
>>132108087
I come from a Southern Baptist background in the bible belt and they are against all that stuff to an extreme. Too bad they all suck israels cock and have a "were all made in gods image" view on race.
>>
>>132108087
>What happened to old protestant ethos?
Killed by media brainwashing. TV was the worse invention in the human history. Mormons are the last bastion of decency.
>>
>>132108087

ConnEXITcut when?
>>
File: Culture_Map_2017_conclusive.png (1MB, 2896x2271px) Image search: [Google]
Culture_Map_2017_conclusive.png
1MB, 2896x2271px
>>132108323
This is kind of strange. I don't understand how neocoons can ignore all this judosceptic stuff from the Bible.

>>132108087
O the other hand, there are some some surveys, that shows, that "protestant" countries are on average more degenerated than rest of world.
http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/WVSContents.jsp
>>
>>132108087
They're finally dying out
Really anyone who supports individual freedom and isn't a collectivist faggot should support this
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 90x90px
>>132110187
>being individualist=being hedonists
>>
>>132110369
>no you can't do this thing that doesn't affect me personally in any way, because of my feelings
faggot, I bet you don't do anything without checking if it's ok by your grandmother or something.
>>
>>132108087
Died due to a lack of fun.
>They used to be against all forms of degeneracy
That's exactly the problem. 'NO FUN ALLOWED: THE RELIGION' is not a viable business model in times of freedom of religion. So when you consider the fact that Protestantism NEEDED the Freedom of Religion to prosper in the times Catholicism was still the dominant Christian force in Western Europe, you start to see how the whole system was doomed from the start.
>(except for parliamentarism). Once they were advocating for baning alcohol, gambling, immodesty, sexual depravity, etc. and were all for focusing on hard work and asceticism. It is needles to say how it looks now.

Again: The whole 'work hard with the talents god gave you for 6 days, and then WALK to church on the 7th to kiss the lords ass, because walking to church is somehow less like work than riding to church, and don't forget to have ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING FUN in the meantime' wasn't really a viable business model after Protestantism first helped enact the possibility of switching religions.

Then when atheism became salonfähig that was the end for religion in the west. Atheism is fun. Fun>No fun.
>>
>>132108087
What is with autists backing the most soul crushing creatively inept religious groups?

There was literally no enjoyment in the life of a Puritan besides maybe hopefully going to heaven after you die.
>>
>>132111088
It is no not necessary for someone with enough self discipline.
>>132111348
>>132111653
We consider orgasm, salt, sugar fun because it was good for survive in stone age. Our build-in drives aren't adapted for living in civilization, so they must be corrected by culture.
>>
>>132112574
>We consider orgasm, salt, sugar fun because it was good for survive in stone age.
And its still fun. Also, are you seriously arguing natural selection and the need for adepting of our species for why we need Protestantism?
Kek.
>Our build-in drives aren't adapted for living in civilization, so they must be corrected by culture.
Which is why Protestantism will never be succesful whenever people are given a choice. It's just not fun.
>>
everybody realized we live only once and started to have fun
>>
>>132112697
Maybe not magic-danicing-with-snakes-creationist-protestantism, but its more pragmatic form.
>>
>>132108087
Such is the wages of heresy. Any heresy is just lip service in the name of Satan, and always, always leads to sin and death.
>>
>>132108476
and amish
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.