[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use any privacy measures for your mobile communications?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170702-011350-01.jpg (92KB, 1438x550px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170702-011350-01.jpg
92KB, 1438x550px
Do you use any privacy measures for your mobile communications? Pic related is what I've been using, but it's really hard to get many others to even give enough of a shit.
What does /pol/ use, if anything, or if not...why?
>>
>>132084418
>What does /pol/ use
Mega secure chat, telegram. As long as it's not so important, these both are good.
>>
>messaging anyone ever
kys faggot
>>
>>132084723
I like the idea of mega chat, but again I can't get anyone but my wife interested, and I don't get any notifications. I'm a little wary of telegram though.
>>
Maybe a better question would be...is there really a need in this time line? Or is all my comms compromised regardless?
>>
>>132084880
Your wife or even friends sucks then. I bet they can't even make their devices and connections secure. So you using telegram for nothing. It's not secure when it's on your or your wife's hands.
>>
>>132084418
thinking any attempt at having privacy isn't compromised. You'll never have private coms again unless it's in person in the woods, even then there's a satellite that can see you.
>>
>>132084418
>communicating with people that aren't yourself

--->reddit
>>
File: IMG_2272.jpg (106KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2272.jpg
106KB, 500x663px
Thanks anons. I suspected as much... I am somewhat worried about cached copies of communications being dredged up in the future, such as when new hate speech laws become a thing, or when it becomes illegal to send any amateur nudes that are not mine or hers.
>>
I don't because I have nothing to hide
>>
>>132085592
Do you not worry something you do now will be outlawed and the records used to target you in the future?
>>
>>132085219
thats right brit spread that cuck

more cameras
>>
>>132085714
Not really. Are they going to outlaw dog pictures, shitposting on 4chan, and telling my mom I love her?
>>
>>132085797
I can't see anything related to dog pics, and giving mom her dues...but what about hate speech laws?
>>
>>132084418

Work phone
Basic ass messaging app for work communication
Signal for friends and family

Did you know signal does calling? It's a great app.
>>
>>132086035
I do like the signal calling. I always forget to use it though...i make maybe one call a month on this device, so it always crosses my mind too late.
>>
I use signal, the people who want my conversations bypassed it with a phone call from Android Secret Services. Once i recieved that call on my caller id, shortly after using signal I got a new phone. But signal is top notch for privacy
>>
>>132084998
Encryption is real, and frustrating for people.
>>
>>132085921
I haven't posted any hate speech
>>
>>132084418
I use telegram pretty comfy has a fuck load of pepe stickers too
>>
>>132086216
I would posit that I have not either...but current timeline is filled with politically active folks who are quick to decry fascism as hate.
>>
>>132086216
Fuckin newfags
>>
>>132086307
Are you concerned about telegram being compromised after so much attention by both Russian and US politics?
>>
>>132086307
>telegram
>secure
lol
>>
Nope, no privacy measures. Because i don't believe anyone gives a fuck about what i say or post.
>>
>>132086865
Admirable
>>
>>132085563
>such as when new hate speech laws become a thing, or when it becomes illegal to send any amateur nudes that are not mine or hers.
Laws are not retrospective. AFAIK nowhere on Earth.

You can't be judged by a law that didn't exist at the time you did something
>>
>>132087710
I'm not so worried about the cached copies themselves being evidence, but being used as a method for targeting. No way I'm gonna tell my wife to stop sending me nice pics she finds, but I don't want us to be targeted in the future because a record exists that we participated in muh rape culture.
>>
There are no secure electronic communication methods. Even if your phone is turned off with the battery in the phone it can be live and recording.

Alphabeta bois own the tor nodes.

Leave your phone at home and learn to distrust the jewden tech. Besides your eyes will thank you later.

Also, if you are still on windows you need to get over to/g/ and research Richard Stallman. Youtube videos of him are a great wealth of information.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.