[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Merkel so based Angela Merkel votes against gay marr

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Daily_227bd0_6317387.jpg (100KB, 900x487px) Image search: [Google]
Daily_227bd0_6317387.jpg
100KB, 900x487px
Why is Merkel so based

Angela Merkel votes against gay marriage: 'Marriage is between a man and woman'

Angela Merkel has voted against same-sex marriage in Germany because she believes that “marriage is between a man and woman”.
Despite her opposition, the Bundestag voted to legalise equal marriage by 393 votes to 226, and the Chancellor said she hoped the move would improve social cohension.
“For me, marriage in German law is marriage between a man and a woman and that is why I did not vote in favour of this bill today,” she told reporters moments after the historic vote.
“I hope that the vote today not only promotes respect between different opinions but also brings more social cohesion and peace.”
The Chancellor said she supported the bill’s introduction of full adoption rights for same-sex couples – a move she had previously opposed – and was fighting anti-LGBT discrimination.
Hundreds of members of the Bundestag rose to their feet in a spontaneous standing ovation when the result was announced, as the Green party launched rainbow confetti and celebrated with a cake.
Members of the public in the viewing gallery embraced and cheered, while celebrations broke out in Berlin's streets.
Ms Merkel had freed her conservative Christian Democrats (CDU/CSU) from the party whip on the issue, calling for a “vote of conscience”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-same-sex-marriage-vote-germany-legalisation-lgbt-rights-christian-democrat-man-woman-a7815846.html
>>
>>132042610
So?
>>
>>132042610

Are you retarded?
>>
>>132042610
She did this because she had to do it in the future anyway.
SPD and FDP are the only possible coalition partners and both of them said that they won't coalate with the CDU/CSU without legalizing gay marriage.
>>
>>132042610
She's voting along with her Islamist beliefs.
>>
You stupid fucks. She was the one revving up that engine.

Only cause she doesn't sit in the car, doesn't mean it ain't moving.

She's getting what she wants and keeps the votes.
>>
>>132042610
>Angela Merkel has voted against same-sex marriage
Shouldn't she be arrested for this?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (207KB, 1954x1783px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
207KB, 1954x1783px
she ordered the vote
she knew butt sex would pass
>oh shit my party base is against homo love
>don't worry plebs, i voted against it.
vote mama merkel fur 2018!
>>
>>132042610
She isn't. You most other non-germans on /pol/ just get their news about german affairs from memes and therefore think she is a far-left idealogue, when she is in fact an opportunistic politician that barely gives fuck and generally runs with whatever pleases the largest amount of people. Why do you think she's won so many elections?

In this particular case she pandered to the PGM camp by allowing a conscience vote (and therefore guaranteeing the bills success) and appeased the conservative CDU base by prentending to care about their values. Elections are coming up in two months you see...
>>
>>132044759
>media kept pretending that this was some accident on her side that the SPD immediately utilized

>when it's obvious as shit that she wanted to prevent problems between the CSU and SPD/FDP during coalition talks
>>
>>132050083
Thanks.
This is what I wanted to say, but in better words.
>>
>>132042610
What a lying cunt.

Like she gives a shit.

This is what (((democracy))) gets you.
>>
File: 1332608259244.jpg (109KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1332608259244.jpg
109KB, 406x364px
The heterosexually challenged didn't care about marriage until we put sweet tax benefits and subsidies behind it. We have nobody but ourselves to blame for mixing church and state.
>>
>>132051623
It wasn't just about that, it was explicitly about pissing people off. They could have already had "equal rights" in all regards if they had accepted it under the label of civil unions.

But it absolutely HAD to be marriage, just to make sure that they piss the maximum amount of people off.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.