[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we've invented a device which can be a phone, a computer,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 29

>we've invented a device which can be a phone, a computer, a credit card, a mailbox, a gps navigator, a television, a record player, a camera for both stills and film, a gaming system, and a calculator at any point
>this device is so small that it can fit in our pockets
>Conservatives and old people hate it with a passion for literally no reason other than young people use it

What the fuck is with all the backlash against smartphones from old people? Why do they hate progress?
>>
>>132038834
>>Conservatives and old people hate it with a passion for literally no reason other than young people use it
>conservatives
citation needed, conservative like it arguably more than liberals because they use it to work (most liberals don't work) and make their work easier.
>old people
old people hate everything.
>>
>>132038834
>record player
Cellphones will never replace record players
Fuck you
>>
>>132038834

Jewphone.
>>
>>132038834
A 95 year old man used his smartphone to help me and the lady at the counter of Walgreens find a specific store number just yesterday. He was telling me how incredible he thought it was that we have these things now. I got talking to him, and he was super conservative—based dude in my book.
>>
I hate that out of touch image so much it hurts
>obvious dig at pokemon go and people on their cell phones
>pokemon go has been dead to everyone but autists and kids since a week after it came out
>meanwhile literally everyone on their cell for facebook, just like before pokemon go and for a decade after
>>
I've never heard an old person complain about a smartphone, only smartphone users.
>>
>>132039099
yep, analogue to analogue is a superior recording method
>>
>Every single person in the nation carries around what amounts to a government and corporate spying device that keeps then locked into the grid and system no matter where they go or what they do
>This is a good thing
>>
It is easy access to the social heroin that is facebook/instagram/snapchat etc. These things are poisoning our minds and we love it.
>>
>>132038834
Maybe it's the fact that people use it as a crutch for social anxiety instead of actually, you know, interacting with each other and getting the fuck over it.
>>
>>132038834

because it's adding to the decay of society while simultaneously benefiting society in some ways.
>>
>>132038834
And (((we))) love it because we are able to track all your movements, purchasehistory, calls etc.
>>
>>132039099
The only difference between digital and a record is the shitty scratching effect and pointless rituals. Digital has a higher quality.
>>
File: 1497392292469.jpg (33KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1497392292469.jpg
33KB, 500x565px
>>132038834
Well, I hate it because:
>Jews

>Bread and circus

>Literal GPS device in your pocket

>Literal camera and mic in your pocket

>Everything you say/do is monitored and collected

>Jews
>>
No denying it contributes to the ADD of this generation, but the phones themselves don't need to be faulted.
>>
>>132038834
The majority of people use it for meaning less things, like playing abhorrent "free to play" games, or browsing some shitty social network. No-one in their right mind would argue that smart phones aren't a net benefit, but they do have a negative side.
>>
>>132038834
because your are a generation of fucking idiots who have zero conception of how the technologies that dictate your every thought work, and how pathetically you are manipulated by it all.

Your minds are zombified by inane consumerist retardation, you twitch to ever corporate command from facebook and apple,. you have no historical awareness or political consciousnesses.
and that's just the beginning of the list.
>>
>>132038834
>conservatives hate phones
Nigger are you retarded? Obvious liberal retard trying to spam
>>
>>132039777
>>Everything you say/do is monitored and collected
This is just a meme.
You can turn your phone off and remove the battery, can't you? If not you got a cuckphone.
>>
>>132039996
I forgot to mention that it's probably bad if young kids get unfiltered access to the internet (think of all the kids who made asses out of themselves on youtube or other social media platforms), or if the wast majority of them grow up playing free games where you have to watch an ad to level faster, because the games that have a set price but no bullshit make less money overall, and the parents wouldn't buy those for their kids when there are free games anyway.
>>
>>132038834

Young fags will never know the pre-smartphone feels.

>When you're out with friends everyone socializes.
>When you're at a pub no one is constantly looking at their phone.
>No self-centered women taking pictures of themselves every 5 seconds.
>News stories related to what x-celebrity posted on Twitter is non-existent.
>If you missed a call it was left at that.
>You would call people, not text. This is a bigger one than most people realize. There is something to be said for hearing someone's voice, rather than reading their words.

It is gone though, and will never come back.
>>
>>132038834
I have a smart phone and I keep it on airplane mode most of the time and only use it to play chess.
>>
File: IMG_1468.gif (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1468.gif
141KB, 250x250px
>>132038834
>people getting lazier from technology
>people needing constant stimulation now
>technology now makes people less capable of dealing with the ups and downs of everyday life
>people who can't really afford current tech constantly overextending themselves to pay for it and hurting their finances elsewhere
>people more vested in caring about their online lives than reality
>technology being used to constantly influence our opinions and thoughts by those who profit off of us

GEE, WHY WOULD THOSE OF US WHO GREW UP WITHOUT THIS SHIT THINK IT MIGHT BE LESS THAN PERFECT, OP?!?
>>
>>132040401
blah blah blah boomer shit.
No one cares about your nostalgia.
>>
>>132038834
>>we
WUZ
>>
I have a flip phone

Smartphones are just one vehicle amongst many to provide distraction. If you don't get it from a phone, you get it somewhere else. Quit being faggots
>>
>>132038834
because you can't go 10 minutes without looking at them. you're fucking addicted to that shit
the only reason you're complaining is because
you're too young to remember when people were actually humans who had face-to-face interactions
good example: I remember on thanksgiving seeing my sister trying to get her son to look up from his iphone and participate in the celebration. he was too stuck playing games on it to care
this is what we're teaching these kids. fucking drones
>>
Conservatives have small minds and cannot comprehend technology or progress, therefore they instinctively lash out at it.
>>
>>132038834
>its been turned I to a tracking device
>progress

Its got its issues op.
>>
File: IMG_1450.jpg (71KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1450.jpg
71KB, 500x258px
>>132040513

>"everyone older than 30 is a boomer"

I see that your phone has made you retarded, and you need to be 18 to post here, kiddo.
>>
>>132039540
>>132039099

How many companies still record non digitally? Pretty sure most new records are just bait made from a digital source so they can get you to pay extra.
>>
>>132039772
Aesthetics >
>>
>>132040643
>I have a flip phone because I lack the self control to use a smartphone for anything else than facebook, and I'm happy paying the mobile network jew for pricey text messages instead of using cheap instant messaging.
>>
>>132040513

I'm not a boomer. I actually fall into the beginning of the millennial category, as terrible as that is. I wouldn't even say it is nostalgia, it was just a better time. Why do you think people make 90's threads on here regularly? It was the last time people were human.
>>
>>132040791
>flag
I always see you shitposting when I come here. Can your faggot reddit liberal ass fuck off nigger. No ones falling for your tricks
>>
cell phones and it's easy access to social media has corrupted the youth
>>
>>132040694
>addicted

Thats like saying someone who uses glasses is addicted to them.

The phone heightens your awareness of the world, its not 'a thing' you are looking at, its lots of things that you can look at with your phone.

things less capable than smartphones were fucking science fiction when i was a kid and i often find myself marveling at them.
>>
>>132038834
>What the fuck is with all the backlash against smartphones
It turns you into a zombie controlled by its phone.
>>
They're warming up to the idea. I've been seeing more older people than ever with iPhones.

It was just a societal phase.
>>
>>132041265
why?

>can almost instantly order a whore for free over tinder
>>
File: 1486071950665m.jpg (87KB, 1024x839px) Image search: [Google]
1486071950665m.jpg
87KB, 1024x839px
>>132041220
We hate liberals as much as you do jackass.
>>
File: 1461173059543.png (141KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1461173059543.png
141KB, 500x392px
>>132038834
Dude I'm 20 years old and I think smartphones are a meme. Sure, they do everything but that's kinda the problem. They connect us so much that we become disconnected from reality. People are living vicariously through them. Go to literally any public place and just look around, you'll see most people with their face buried in their phone.

They're also great vectors for three letter agencies to spy on you from but that's a whole different ballpark.
>>
>>132040506
>people getting lazier from technology
A "problem" since the beginning of time. If not for technology I'd be putting furrows in your back with a cat of 9 tails while you built my pyramid, faggot.
>people needing constant stimulation now
People preferring constant stimulation over boredom =/= Needing constant stimulation
>technology now makes people less capable of dealing with the ups and downs of everyday life
[citation needed]
This runs counter to your first point; try harder.
>people who can't really afford current tech constantly overextending themselves to pay for it and hurting their finances elsewhere
Might have a point with this one but this is not a new problem; same thing happened with televisions, refrigerators, etc.
>people more vested in caring about their online lives than reality
When large swathes of people are checking out of society why is it easier to believe the problem lies with millions of people and not with society?
>technology being used to constantly influence our opinions and thoughts by those who profit off of us
Once again, been an issue since the dawn of advertising and propaganda.
>>
>>132041519
>disconnected from reality
Reality is what you perceive it as
>>
>>132038834
Why were there millions of people against the television when it was released? When you don't understand something it's easier to dismiss it as a fad or stupid.
>>
>>132040974
I bought DAMN. On wax. I dont have a record player but my brother does. His records sound scratchy its either the records themselves or his player or his room floor is uneven
>>
File: 76f.png (126KB, 210x339px) Image search: [Google]
76f.png
126KB, 210x339px
>>132041632
>even reality is subjective, kamerad
>>
>>132040318
It's not a meme if it's true. Also most phones don't even let you take out the battery. Personally I carry a dumbphone but if I'm in a room full of other people there's quite a big chance that whatever I'm saying is being recorded.
>>
>>132038834
Dependance from smartphones is turning people useless. In past generations, people participated in wars or did military service, they knew how to orientate between the streets... In other words, they were tough. People today are weak bastards who don't know to do anything by their own.
>>
>>132039772
It's argued that digital strips music from all natural tones and vibrations that would normally be experienced which is why there are people that prefer vinyl over anything else.
>>
>>132039099
d jay is fuckin awesome, played a few parties using my phone, kicked it
>>
>>132041774
native south americans saw the spanish coming from the sea in their boats, they did not see the massive ships anchored off shore, it was just incompatible with their entire preconception, and so their minds just filtered it out.

There is no objective reality, not one we can know.
>>
File: 1385635.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1385635.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>132041519
>doesn't realize reality is a social construct

do u even philsophy brah?
>>
>>132041632
If you perceive a phone screen as your reality or a more visceral reality than the world around you, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>132041186
I actually just have a flip phone because it's cheaper and I only need it for emergencies and one text a day. In my specific case it would likely be cheaper to go prepaid but I'm running my contract out.

If you're using IM over text then you're either tethered to WiFi, on an undoubtedly more expensive contract, or getting jewed by prepaid horseshit.

>>132041917
Bullshit
The Internet is turning people with half a mind into DIY'ers; just rewired my stove last night with a Youtube video.
>>
>>132039569
It would be good if we could access the telemetry and telephony components. I wanted to write an app that disabled wireless communication, so I looked into the android api, and apparently one has to be a registered android dev just to see the methods for disabling tower communication, or indeed anything tower-telated at all.
>>
>>132040694
Why read a book, play an instrument, fix something when you can

kill zombies.

all day
>>
>>132042167
>phone screen
Its not the phone screen, its whats on the screen. Your critisizm is as stupid as considering everything you can do on a computer as 'being on the computer'

A phone is never the end, its the means.
>>
File: 1497716169666.jpg (61KB, 620x916px) Image search: [Google]
1497716169666.jpg
61KB, 620x916px
>>132038834
>>
>>132040318
Cpu has a cmos battery it can use.
>>
>>132042068
Get outta here with that hippie commie faggy bullshit
>>
>>132042398
>implying those people would have gotten anything from looking at the painting in the first place
>>
I really miss going to concerts and not just looking at 100s of phones being held up in the air.
>>
>>132039099
T.hipster numale faggot.
>>
>>132041917
Good reason to do a stint in the military.
>>
>>132042490
>artistic inspiration, historical context, critical thought
>facebook
kys
>>
>>132041923
Leave your quasi-mystic nonsense at home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem
>>
>>132041917
Dependence on shoes is turning people useless. In past generations people toughened up their feet, let them walk on anything. Now they are weak, what will they do if the shoe factories go out of business?
>>
>>132042641
>not even understanding what im saying
>>
But what about all the benefits the technology gives us? It can literally free humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe.

I do agree children should not be introduced to internet until they are like 13 and have a boyfriend or girlfriend.
>>
>>132038834
I'm sure you're talking about people around 70 years old, but I'm 40, so let me give you the answer from my point of view:

I never needed a good phone, I grew up before cell phones even existed, and I got along great. And that's why old people think they suck, they think people are wasting their time on smartphones....

BUT....

Once I got an iPhone, and I only pay 50 bucks a month for unlimited everything, I don't know how I ever lived without it.

So that's all, if an old person ever used a smartphone, they would love it.
>>
>>132042376
I am unfamiliar with this particular species of autism.
>>
>>132041923
People like vinyl because the format distorts the sound, and happens to do so in a way that humans like.

For whatever reason audiophiles and recording engineers are always super obsessed with accurate sound reproduction, and so records will always sound better side by side the same way the pepsi vs coke taste test always favored pepsi because it was sweeter.
>>
>>132038834
>Conservatives hate it
Eh? What?

>Old people hate it
Most old people doesn't feel the need to learn something new. It's not really the first time old people denies new tech.
Why would you even care though? How does it hurt you..?
>>
>>132038834
It's because of the relay of information, which is a good thing but a bad thing when we develop to a point where we rely on being connected solely.
Think about it, just about 20-30 years ago you could ask someone if they could live without the internet and 99% percent either wouldn't know what it is, nor would they think any of it.
Now today, imagine if the internet just disappeared, no connection to anyone or anything for everyone.
Shit would not go well, because many, not just individuals, but businesses, security, etc. rely on it.
One day it'll be gone, and shit will hit the fan.
>>
File: startrek pads.jpg (41KB, 789x713px) Image search: [Google]
startrek pads.jpg
41KB, 789x713px
>we have literal star trek tier technology now

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>132042770
>But what about all the benefits the technology gives us? It can literally free humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe.
Well at the moment it's all controlled by bigco's who are in bed with the 3 letters. Not gonna happen until everyone switches to free/libre hard- and software.
>>
>>132038834
>Soon all functions of life funneled into one device
>It is our clock, doctor, job interface.
>Phone companies all merge raise costs 10000%
>Most of population dies of starvation within 10 years because they can't afford to pay their bill and are too dumb to function without their phone.
>Zuckerberg uses the corpses to power his new space cruiser.
>>
>>132042926
Wrong, digital sound is the finite emulation of the original track, analog is an accurate reproduction of it.
>>
Four issues
1. the proliferation of social media due to smartphones
2. the enormous increase of clueless normalfags onto the internet due to smartphones
3. the destruction of sane UI & website design due to smartphones
4. the diversion of innovation due to smartphones (PC display technology is neglected while smartphones are getting some very impressive technology for their tiny screens)
>>
>>132042830
>I don't know how I ever lived without it.
That's the problem. You grew up normally and then got the benefit of smartphones as an adult. My niece learned to work an iPad before she could walk -- kids can't learn and grow by scrolling through their facebook feed every hour of the day.
>>
>>132042770
You chose security and novelty over self determination and work, now you get what you asked for.
>>
>>132042926
People like vinyl because recording engineers can't fuck the music up with digital compression to make them sound louder on the radio than other songs. Look up the loudness war. Vinyl has physical limits to how much engineers can ratchet up the compression and digital doesn't. This is why people think vinyl is better
>>
>>132038834
>backlash against smartphones from old people
>a gaming system
If it does not support all main games in tes, fallout witcher and paradox strategy serieses then its crap
>>
>>132043147
No recording is ever going to be an accurate reproduction, and caring about what it sounds like is really pretty pleb tier, if you know about music you hear the notes, not the sound, anyway, and if you dont stop ruining music with your normie tastes.
>>
>>132038834
>Conservatives and old people hate it
I have no idea what you're talking about. The only hate I hear about it is from people saying others are hooked on the phone (which is a fair argument). It's a great device, but should be used in moderation.
>>
>>132042770
>It can literally humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe
>implying children use technology for anything other than (((social media)))
>implying (((social media))) isn't used to indoctrinate youth
(((you)))
>>
>>132038834
a device which monitors you in ways Orwell didn't even dream about.
>it's so convenient though you luddite
>>
>>132038834
>conservatives are against cellular telephones

What the fuck is up with liberals constantly making up ridiculous boogie men out of conservatives just so they feel they're on the right side? Why can't you just disagree with them on political points they differ on, why do you have to paint them as something so retarded they had cell phones of all things
>>
>>132042770
>It can literally free humanity from the elite Jewish oligarchs scattered across the globe
Yet it's done the opposite.
>>
>>132041996
>apocryphal nonsense
you should come up with a better example than this
>>
>>132043390
Faggot, you cannot reproduce the sounds of a human choral on digital because it's finite and useless and fucks everything up with distortions and makes it sound horrid, on any other analog system you can.
>>
>>132042167
>you are part of the problem
great argument. stop speaking in SJWese snekfag
>>
>>132043281
No, they like vinyl because it boosts the mid range as an inherent quality of its format. this is why people always say it sounds 'warm'.

Thats the reason, if people knew how to work EQs properly they could reproduce this, but they always chase after some mythic 'accurate reproduction' and so the more accurate digital recordings sound bad because all recordings sound bad
>>
File: facebook zombies.jpg (62KB, 536x447px) Image search: [Google]
facebook zombies.jpg
62KB, 536x447px
>>132038834
>>Conservatives and old people hate it

Wrong. It is you we hate for being addicted to it.
>>
>>132043646
Vinyl records have more distortions than hi res flac being played on a good DAC retard.
>>
fuck old people, liberal or conservative, they're the actual burden on society, at least young people actually do something.
>>
We all know that 90% of all s/f usage is social networking.

Social networking is worse than the black plague. It's diminishing your individuality, shatters your private persona, it lowers your IQ by circimventing thought processes, it's more addictive than heroin, it makes the smart stupid and the stupid even more stupid, and it's 1000% worse for women who crave social networking feedback 24/7 and shape their lives around it now.

Anyone who shills for s/f is an agent of Satan himself.
>>
>>132043865
Yeah facebook is a huge problem.

Thats not the phones fault though, thats facebook.
>>
>>132043865
Why do you hate science fiction so much?
>>
>>132043865
>the jews even admit it
burn all smartphones
>>
>>132041996
The ships were still there though, whether the indians could imagine them or not. Nice try though
>>
>>132042926
>vinyl because the format distorts the sound

It doesn't, vinyl is the only way to accurately reproduce sound because digital will always have to strip something away because of the discrete nature of storing information as 1s and 0s.
>>
>>132038834
>What the fuck is with all the backlash against smartphones from old people? Why do they hate progress?
Human memory used to be greater, paper and writing let us progress to remembering less. The smart phone not only lets us remember far less, but think far less. The harshness of winter pushed up to become more than niggers. Climate control, fast food, and smartphones are allowing everybody to rapidly devolve to niggers cyberenhanced to functionality. Almost to the stage of remote controlled cattle of the most profane sort.
>>
>>132043148
Four Qualifications:
1. Why should I hang out with the people around me when I can talk to my loved ones 24/7 with verisimilitude that increases by the year?
2. dumb people are always a problem, smartphones or now
3. >muh PC masterrace
4. >muh PC masterrace
>>
>>132043675
Look up the Metallica's 2008 album "Death Magnetic" and listen to it. Then listen to the guitar hero version and you hear the difference that the digital compression makes. It really ruins the recoding, desu

This is why people don't like digital music. It's not the format so much as it is the format that created the ability to fuck up the music because people want to hear lows and mids better in the car and in loud places and shit
>>
>>132041917

This. Before smartphones people were more self reliant, because they had to be.

Same goes for the internet. Before the internet, people were more self reliant because they had to be.

Since the internet, everything in life has become one giant shit show because there is no barrier to entry to anything anymore.
>>
>>132038834
there is a backlas indeed but it's not against the smartphone. did you ever show an elder a smartphone? they love that shit. they're amazed by how many things you can do with it. they're backlashing against teenagers who go out hunting pokemons.

the truth is nobody uses smartphones as a computer. they are social media and toxic game devices.
>>
>>132038834
is that bashar al-assad?
>>
>>132044289
kys pls
>>
>>132038834
The device and functions themselves are powerful tools but humans have begun to use them as marketing devices that generate an endless money pool that the corporations sip from.

True innovation with smart devices hasn't occurred since 2010. Now, instead of adding truly innovative features, phone manufacturers have begun to market for features that have always existed (removable battery, portrait photo mode, specific headphone jack, etc...). The i-Phone 4 is powerful enough to run the new IOS software without bugs or glitches and any android device post 2012 has the hardware capabilities to preform all of the functions listed in OP.

Did you know, most of the electronic consumer market spends outrageous prices on phones for gigabytes of storage that they will never understand or use? Most people don't care about or understand the functions of processor speeds and have been trained to focus on gigabyte storage space and """features""" as a primary totem for their decision to """upgrade""".

Fuck new-tech faggots who aren't smart enough to tinker with and study a defunct electronic device in an attempt to fix it. Having 6 generations of 500$ i-phones as closet paperweights doesn't show a smidgen of progress beyond the American desire to mindlessly consume.
>>
>>132043111
Quads of truth
>>
>>132039041
>they use it to work
This. Decent companies issue or make it mandatory for management to carry smart phones.
Where I work we switched back to Androids because some stupid vagina thought Iphones were better and wanted to some for all her friends.
>>
>>132040791
>Conservatives have small minds and cannot comprehend technology or progress,
They don't understand how technology and progress move us closer and closer to equality and the utopia of technology making the world a safe space for diversity everywhere.
>>
File: menu.png (7KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
menu.png
7KB, 480x800px
>>132044289
"muh" is not convincing me these are good things.
>>
>>132038834
>no other reason

little screens
shit input device
difficult input -> truncated messages -> truncated thought

Smart phones will actually make our society dumber because they will fit their thoughts to the backward technology rather than technology adapting to human thought.
>>
File: 1489433250129.jpg (65KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1489433250129.jpg
65KB, 750x750px
>>132039099
>Not using FLAC files with a 500$ MB soundcard and 1k$ headphones
Get gud plastic pussy
>>
>>132044065
If you use enough bits, nobody is able to distinguish vinyl from digital.
>>
>>132043993
So whats there you arent imagining anonymous?

>>132044065
First of all, there are other forms of higher quality analog recording than vinyl, so im going to assume you are just fucking with me here.

Secondly, it is always impossible to record anything accurately.

First of all its because the simple fact that any recording medium is going to have a highest and lowest frequency it can capture, and it will likely not be even in its ability to capture the range it can.

Secondly, the sound you hear is always a combination if what is making the sound and the natural acoustics of the environment you are hearing it in. When you hear a recording of sound, you are hearing a recording of that sound source + its environment. Reproducing the sound then has two environments worth of modification to the sound, not once, which means its inherently flawed from the start.

So the recording itself is flawed no matter what you ever want to do with it. Playback is also going to be limited in various ways.

To reproduce sound you have to move the air with a speaker, you might be able to make some bullshit argument that at a low enough sample rate there could be gaps between the pulses of sound that would in turn make their own apparent underlying frequency or something but you would need a pretty shit recording to do that, the natural properties of the physical sound reproduction mechanism will smooth out any such phenomena past a certain rate because it would be physically impossible for the material to deform at a high enough rate to reproduce it.

The entire argument that digital is bad is just stupid, and people who obsess over recorded sound quality are also stupid.

If you want to hear music properly at your own leisure learn to play an instrument.
>>
>>132044338
This is bait right? Guitar hero records their own covers of all the songs. It's not just "digital" it's a completely different track.
>>
>>132041917
Dependance[sic, lol] on cars is turning people useless. In past generations, people participated in cavalry charges, they knew how to saddle, ride and groom... In other words, they were tough. People today are weak bastards who don't know to do anything by their own.
>>
>>132042398

> implying that they haven't already admired the painting and aren't now sharing their experience with the world
>>
>>132044410
>no argument
gg no re
>>
>>132038834
Juvenoia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc
>>
>>132044449
>your employer makes it mandatory for you to be reachable at all times
How is this a good thing?
>be me
>have dumbphone
>people at work see this
ANON HOW WILL YOU READ SLACK NOW?
fuck this shit
>>
>>132040839
>I see that your phone has made you retarded
Over a decade ago I read how exposing too young of a child to television could damage ability to learn in other styles, with "smart" phone usage from an early age it wouldn't be surprising if many are nearly unable to access information in any other way. Whenever anybody asks if I think there will be a zombie apocalypse, I laugh at the zombie and tell him it happened already.
>>
File: 20170701_152547.png (295KB, 720x410px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_152547.png
295KB, 720x410px
>>132038834
>20 years later he was right
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFcHpamkHII

>The question that I'm asking is this: Are we happier as a human race? Is the world fundamentally a better place because of science and technology? We shop at home we surf the web.. but at the same time we feel emptier, lonelier, and more cut off from each other than at any other time in human history. We're becoming a synthesized society.... In a great big hurry to get the next......

>We're looking for meaning. What is meaning? We have mindless jobs, we take frantic vacations, deficit finance trips to the mall to buy more things we think will fill these holes in our lives. Is it any wonder that we've lost our sense of direction?
>>
>>132043865
NeverFacebook
>>
>>132038834
I like cell phones primarily because of all the idiots who use them like it's a 3rd lung or something and then get splattered by any number of heavy moving objects. God truly does work in mysterious ways.
>>
>Conservatives and old people hate it with a passion for literally no reason other than young people use it

that's a hasty generalization
>>
>>132044065
Nature is in fact digital also. It just has a better resolution than our digital devices. Lookup Quantum.
>>
>>132044740
No, Metallica let them use the masters on the game and they sent the wrong master (the good one, without all the compression), and that guitar hero version sounds awesome compared to the album release version. The major release had so much compression you can hear audible clipping when you listen to it, it's horrid
>>
File: 9IhZb.jpg (72KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
9IhZb.jpg
72KB, 600x433px
>>132038834
>backdoored, locked-down, restricted hardware that prevents most modifications
>proprietary modem, firmware, and drivers required to even use the device
>location tracking both via gps and via cellular triangulation (the former via installed apps, latter being used to track the device itself)
>by default comes with datamining ecosystem via apple/google that tracks your every move, user habits, etc and is tied to an account and name
>other services and apps ignorant retards willingly share their information with also track and sell data
>add credit cards and other transactions to this, and you can track an entire person's daily life
>data send through cellular networks is also logged and tracked by ISP and other relevant parties
>letter agencies and other entities have who-knows zero day exploits ready for these devices
>despite this age of technology, illiteracy is at an all time high when people consider tapping icons with their finger, memorizing menus, using search engines, and using GUIs as "technology" and being "savvy"
>this same abstraction fosters illiteracy in all by negating the need to learn about actual technology behind it
The modern day smartphone is a consumerist toy in all aspects, and despite the supposed convenience it offers, is as anti-user as it gets.
>>
>>132044556
What OS is that
>>
>>132042068

>uses the communist flag to troll without having a basic understanding of orthodox marxism and dialectic materialism
>people still fall for the bait
>>
>>132041632
>Reality is what you perceive it as
Which is why things resemble a surreal nightmare based on tv show our parents watched, and are turning into a tumblr drug overdose nightmare.
>>
>>132041461
This.
But remove the almost part if you're a white guy in Asia
>>
>>132041660
>Why were there millions of people against the television when it was released?
The realization that it was going to change the daily life of people, rewiring their brains/reward chemistry and transforming the world? Eh, they were probably a bunch of racists that thought letting a bunch of jews beam shit into their children's eyeballs might have some kinda negative effects. Good thing we know better now.
>>
>>132045876
thats because you are coming here and are more aware of it, or have fallen for some meme in your day to day life and are over exposed to it. There are wonderful beautiful things in the world anonymous, you just have to focus on them.
>>
>>132041917
>People today are weak bastards who don't know to do anything by their own.
Should be an app out to fix that soon.
>>
>>132040506
>>people more vested in caring about their online lives than reality

I know a guy who came to my band practice so that he could take pics for facebook "hanging out with the band"

Don't learn to play anything yourself just use others for social status
>>
I hate smartphones because the ui/ux is fucking atrocious. It can really only be used as a content consumption device, and it's not even particularly good at that.

Smartphones are less useful netbooks that fit in your pocket. Fuck smartphones.
>>
>>132038834
Who cares, conservativism is not the future of right wing politics.
>>
>>132042376
>A phone is never the end, its the means.
Holding a radiation emitting device, bending your neck to look down at it and staring at a mirage of light has no physical effects, it doesn't change the structure of the brain at all. No matter what age or time of use it does not damage learning ability or cognition.
>>
>>132046584
the future of GOP politics is globalist liberalism, and the future of right wing politics is anonymous posting on the internet or cringeworthy "controlled opposition" rallies.
>>
>>132038834
The world was better before smartphones, when the internet first started only those interested in computers, who had a degree of technical ability with them, were online, then came the masses & social media & everything went to shit.
>>
File: TVis4morons.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
TVis4morons.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
You are sitting in a café reading a book.
Or you are sitting on a park bench enjoying the sunshine.
A group of losers sit down near you and one of them pulls out their slave phone and starts playing videos (with audio) to show to the other losers.
So now you are exposed to the vileness of idiotic television shows in a place where you thought you were completely free from that contemptible degeneracy.
This world is turning into shit.
>>
>>132040725
No need, you cant remove the battery in newer phones without breaking it first
>>
>>132046587
>you shouldnt stand up and walk on two legs, it will give you back problems!
>developing language? No! it will rewire your entire brain!
>>
>>132044530
Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Nice one
>>
File: 1490058014298.jpg (32KB, 409x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490058014298.jpg
32KB, 409x400px
>>132038834
>What the fuck is with all the backlash against smartphones from old people? Why do they hate the portable jew?

http://time.com/4311202/smartphone-relationship-cell-phone/

http://www.essence.com/2015/10/05/stop-pphubbing-new-research-cell-phones-relationship
>>
>>132047470
Straight to archive

>http://time com/4311202/smartphone-relationship-cell-phone
https://archive.is/ODW3Z
>>
>wake up
>check phone
>walk with phone in hand to shave
>put phone on counter
>take shower
>check phone
>get dressed
>take piss
>phone in pocket while piss
>take phone out and walk to get snack before work
>phone in hand looking at it while i have fridge open
>get food
>sit down and eat
>phone is face up and i am using pinky to skim through kikebook
>grab keys
>go to car, omw to work
>texting at lights
>looking while driving
>get to work
>walk up to work while looking at phone
>get to desk and clockin off phone
>have phone face up turned on charging while working for 4 hours
>go to lunch
>have phone out entire time using pinky to skim through kikebook
>go back to work doing same shit as before
>looking at ifunny because i love huge dick in my mouth
>clockout on phone
>walk to car while phone in hand
>not looking at phone cause im in hurry to get home and lay down to look at phone
>drive fast while texting retard nigger friend emojis of eggplants
>get home
>go inside
>lay down and look at phone

WOW, I DONT SEE A SINGLE FUCKING PROBLEM OP.
>>
>>132047286

And since you're so well socialized because you don't have a smartphone, it is easy for you to politely ask them to turn the volume down or watch their videos somewhere else.
>>
>>132046180
>There are wonderful beautiful things in the world anonymous, you just have to focus on them.
For sure, that's the beauty of subjective reality, neuroplasticity, ease of mind manipulation. At the same time, the growing ugly insanity really provides a nice contrast.
>>
>>132047565
In the future the phone will be implanted in our heads and we wont have to worry bout losing it.

UI problems will go away since it will be thought controlled

We wont even notice it, it will be just another sense to us.
>>
>>132038834
I wouldnt call cell phones progress. They are turning us into obedient slaves. They could be useful for progress, but instead they have just been used to make us consume more, and think less critically.
>>
>>132047429
Goddamn disrespectful kids these days, shoulda never come down from the trees after that toilet complexioned cave beast.
>>
>>132047785
have they really, or have the people who were always stupid followers just gained more visibility due to finding positions in our daily lives that used to be inhabited by people with actual capability, due to the education scam giving everyone qualifications?
>>
>>132047768
>We wont even notice it, it will be just another sense to us.
Won't ever have to think about what you need to do, what is right of wrong. The (((truth))) will just be an automatic sense. All your pain and confusion and struggle will melt away as you join the collective.
>>
>>132047785
>I wouldnt call cell phones progress.
I think it's progress towards "AI". They can't create it from scratch, but robojacking it seems like it might work.
>>
>>132039466
You've never worked customer service then.
>>
>>132038834
>Have the power of a computer in your pocket, the pinnacle of human knowledge at your hand
>Use it for stupid shit

I hate humans so much
>>
i dont hate cell phones but im conservative
you're probably thinking about evangelicals
>>
File: IMG_6504.jpg (97KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6504.jpg
97KB, 480x480px
>>132038834
>>
>>132038834
Easy universal access via smartphones was the worst thing that ever happened to the internet.
You literally cannot refute this.
>>
>>132049730
5/7
>>
>>132038834
You mean your handheld marketing device?
>>
>>132038834
old people are always resistant to new things
>>
>>132044868
Kind of necessary since I work a hospital, and emergencies happen like floods, tornadoes, etc.
And I said mandatory for management. You're a shit worker if you pretend you didn't have ur phone all day so you couldn't respond to a text.
>>
>>132038834
BECAUSE MUH JEWS

FUCK OF BACK TO REDIT KIKE. WE WILL NOT FALL FOR THE "SMART"PHONE LIE
>>
>>132038834
>What the fuck is with all the backlash against smartphones from old people? Why do they hate progress?

I only hate them in the same way I hate Facebook. I get people thinking I'm dead because I'm not texting every fucking minute or texting images of wtf I just ate.
>>
>>132052492

>Facebook and twitter
>>
>>132038834
>>we've invented
>we've
>we

You didn't do shit. Fucking millenials.
>>
>>132038834
>NSA invented
>listening device
>location tracker
>ADHD software

FTFY
>>
>>132047688
He can't, he's to much of a cuck to say anything.
>>
>>132041196
It's only a matter of time till people are nostalgic for the 2010s. It's not like the 90s were the pinnacle of the century or anything

LOL, jk
>>
>>132043948
He obviously meant San Francisco.
>>
>>132044357
Fuck you, without the internet I would be nothing.
>>
>>132050783
>implying more idiots with phones is bad

I think this could be monetized massively, but I dont know how
>>
>>132045424
Inferno, a descendant of Plan 9.
>>
>>132041296
No child is using their phone to read Orwell or write essays, they're all watching fucking Spiderman get his chest shit on by Frozen Elsa and the Joker.
>>
>>132041742
What kind of record player does he have? Does he have one of those shitty Crosley suitcase record players? How well does he treat his records?
>>
>>132041923
I don't see how this isn't also the case for records. If you NEED the natural tones and vibrations, you'd need to get a live band.
>>
They probably can see everyone married to these devices over other humans, acting like zombies. getting cucked by a smart phone
>>
File: IMG_6317.jpg (125KB, 867x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6317.jpg
125KB, 867x1024px
>>132039420

>tfw 80% of /pol/ plays pokemongo still.
>>
>>132038834

I don't see a backlash against smartphones from old people. I see them interested in them, but not owning one because they find them too hard to use.

Also they consider it rude when you during a conversation with them spend half your time looking at your phone, because they are used to people focussing on each other when they speak, probably a high bar to request but not really related to smartphones per se.
>>
EPIC BREAD, this needs a sticky
>>
>>132038834
People spend most of their lives staring at coloured LCDs; their physical bodies are wasted on them. Instead of being social and improving their physique, they’re drowning in an elusive virtual world and paying tribute to whatever pixel-god demands of them.
>>
>>132054965
If it wasn't smart phones now, it was day time TV then. If it wasn't day time TV, you'd go on down to the town center and watch people get executed all day.
>>
>>132044446
Chekked
>>
>waah fucking normies use smartphones too much!!
>browses 4chan for 8 hours
>>
>>132041917

I've never even thought I could be in the military, but being a factory slave alcoholic with zero friends is pushing me to join the military and do something with my life. I can talk the talk, but can I walk the walk....find out on next weeks episode!!!
>>
File: 4563457.png (438KB, 667x375px) Image search: [Google]
4563457.png
438KB, 667x375px
>>132038834
I am actually a Verizon Solution Specialist (Salesman) and I have a very long and indepth experience with older people and phones.

So let me cut your shitty bait right here
>conservatives
Conservatives do not have problems using phones. It is a generational thing. Children as young as 3 can manipulate ipads and use the search function in youtube to find their favorite videos. It has everything to do with growing up and using the technology every day and being forced to learn news tricks as old dogs.

As simple as a smart phone seems to be to use you have to understand that the older you get the more cemented your thinking processes become. What works and what you know are familiar and comfortable. Learning something new is not enjoyable and very difficult older humans. Especially when it doesn't specifically suit their life style. Young people live on social media and use the internet to connect and find entertainment, humor, dating, managing their bills. It is essential for their way of life. Older people have more simple habits and entertainment that doesn't require them to relearn from scratch how to operate a smart phone to go on facebook.

If anything the more liberal my customers are the more fucking insufferable and lazy they become. Clearly liberal or left leaning customers walk up and cut through introductions or formalities and tell you what to go get. They don't ask or say they have a preference and don't need my input. They tell me GO and GET this phone. Which is fine I don't mind expediting the transaction but then after I bring out the equipment and activate it they become children who are incapable of taking care of themselves and demand everyone around them do their shit.

>Ok now transfer everything from my old phone to this one. I want my emails and contacts and my apps and I don't know my old password so make a new one for me
Liberals are instilled with a sense of self important and not one ounce of responsibility.
>>
>>132041622

>he thinks anything that's not highly stimulating is boring

This is what we're talking about.
>>
>>132047565
Kek
>>
>>132045034
>more so than any other time in human history
Citation needed
>>
Personally I blame parenting for not making things seem more enjoyable than using your phone. Fucking yelling at your kids for using their phone/playing video games/using the computer then turning around and not saying anything when they watch tv is the dumbest shit. Parents need to make an effort to embrace new things but also make your kid's life more interesting. The more you demonize something the more your kids will want to do it
This is why we have edgy emo wrist slitting cunts
>>
>>132039772
Rituals and music is rooted in our ancestry
>>
>>132038834
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, could you repeat everything you just said from the beginning?
>>
>>132038834

Most old people hate just about everything that's new. They're complacent, and hate change. It scares them.
>>
>>132038834
>go out to pub with friends
>look around
>people sat at tables with their phones out
>literally wtf is the point of going out
>>
>>132038834
It killed the social abilities of the younger generation along with the advent of the internet. It's absurdly beneficial to mankind as a whole but to ignore the damage it has caused and berating those who acknowledge it is retarded.
>>
>>132038834
They're brainlets, they're used to only having access to extremely limited and easily controlled information, the notion of total freedom of information at any moment scares the shit out of them, they just can't comprehend the notion of something like that, unlimited information.
>>
>>132057740
So is faggotry, you fucking faggot.
>>
Smart phones aren't the problem themselves, they're just the culmination of decades of technological "progress" that has resulted in increased estrangement from our immediate environments and each other
>>
>>132040401
I prefer texting to talking. I also hate people.
>>
File: 1498778857688.jpg (986KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1498778857688.jpg
986KB, 2880x1800px
they're not cultured enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
>>132040318
It is not just a meme and it's dangerous of you to so fliplantly assume and assure others you are right. Firstly, many phones cannot have their batteries removed temporarily, easily, and still transmit data when "turned off". Secondly, ALL data, is being intercepted and recorded. That's email, text, voice, calls...soon all cars/tv...picrelated

First result in g00gle when you search if phone calls are being recorded. Quoted excerpt from Washington Post, again well known publication owned by Amazon's Jeff Bezos. Amazon has a $600mil deal with CIAye right now for cloud storage so it's not like Washington Post is adverse to the Surveillanc3 State... plus this was published way back in 2013. Took a second to find. Old news. Everybody awake already knew this in 2000.
>>
>>132038834
I'm not old and I hate them because they encourage sociopathic behavior.
>>
File: 1498349064657.jpg (191KB, 688x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498349064657.jpg
191KB, 688x500px
>>132041296
People don't get run over by a bus because they accidently stepped out in traffic while looking at their glasses lol
Your analogy blows
glasses help see the world around you, phones feature a screen you stare at while the world around you passes you by
>>
>>132043865
what is s/f???
>>
>>132040017
This. You see young people (from both sides of politics) pushing that their brand of statism is the answer.

They don't historically understand america was built on small government and turned into the degenerate cesspit it is today.....after a central bank and huge bureaucracy was installed.

If you faggots want to stop kikes, to restore family values, to not have nanny state crap....you must end a large state.

Start being self-sufficient and stop depending on the government like a parent, you pathetic fucking faggots. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want freedom, you must EARN IT.
>>
>>132056109
But we are your friends anon.
Put down that bottle.
Give me 20.
>>
>>132062309
Good post. It's a shame this is lost on many Americans.
>>
>>132040017
This is worthy of being copy pasta. I shall make it so.
Thanks anon, good post
>>
>>132063339
Yep. They also fail to understand the 2nd amendment is there SPECIFICALLY for when a central bank is installed.

The founding fathers were crystal clear on how a central bank = not good

And yet people don't understand it's the number 1 thing ruining america. Where do you think the bureaucracy, hollywood, aipac and israel get their money from?
>>
>>132044357
>there is no barrier to entry to anything anymore
Fuck you, that is a good thing.
>>
>>132054273
I'm still looking for a goddamn houndoom.
Give me my edge doggo game.
>>
>>132038834
Watch the episode of Black Mirror called "nosedive" .

It's the answer to your question.
>>
File: 1496865431698.jpg (184KB, 648x598px) Image search: [Google]
1496865431698.jpg
184KB, 648x598px
>half of msm news articles now cite twitter
This is the worst part.
>>
File: CellPhone.jpg (43KB, 488x366px) Image search: [Google]
CellPhone.jpg
43KB, 488x366px
>>132038834
>Why do they hate progress?
Progress? We've made it easier for useless failures to live in the world. That's not progress. To OWN a cell phone, you should have to show that you're smart enough to BUILD a cell phone. Ditto for houses, cars, computers, and microwave ovens. Fuck liberals! Useless faggots living large off the achievements of superior people.
>>
File: 1488940406077.png (100KB, 299x376px) Image search: [Google]
1488940406077.png
100KB, 299x376px
tfw generation z are actually the perfected slave.
>>
>>132038834
Technology only exists to distract us from what's really important.
>>
File: 1498940384740.jpg (379KB, 960x958px) Image search: [Google]
1498940384740.jpg
379KB, 960x958px
>>
>>132065090
I see some logic here. But no one man ever build a cell phone. We stand on the shoulders of giants.
>>
>>132038834
Brockpuppet spotted. Safe and hide slide threads, Anons.
>>
I am conservative and i hate smartphones but i don't give a fuck if other people have them. I will never own one because they are more annoying than helpful.
>>
>>132039099
beat it, /mu/
>>
>>132039617
>tfw I don't use any of those things.
>Feels good
>>
>>132038834
smartphones are degenerate wastes of time that people needlessly get very addicted to
>>
>>132038834
They're too complicated for them, so they'll never understand, to them they're rectangular things that trap people's souls
>>
I used to have an iphone with infinite data and I was browsing dumb ass shit on that thing 24/7 I was a mindless internet addicted drone. I would watch videos in the lineup at fastfood places for christ sake

Getting a crappy phone with no data opened my eyes to how everyone else everywhere I go has made their entire lives revolve around these things. Everything people do now is about improving their social media profiles or browsing tweets or news feeds or other people's profiles.
>>
>>132038834
No one hates it that just hate that people can sit in a room for 4 hours and no one talks to each other because they are all doing dumb shallow shit on their phones.

Liberals don't care because they are prices of shit who don't care about people just "causes" the appearance of caring which is all just selfish bullshit anyway because the just do it so random strangers will think they are awesome and "like & follow".

Get your head out of your ass and realize how out of touch and just wrong you are.
>>
File: 1497475442697.jpg (15KB, 219x220px) Image search: [Google]
1497475442697.jpg
15KB, 219x220px
>>132068122
>>
>>132038834
Are there any phone services where I can pay by the amounts of data rather than by monthly?
>>
>>132039540
Analog hits harder and richer than digital. Digital has a greater frequency response, but it's like listening to a screeching Hillary supporter.
>>
>>132044449
>>132051995
You're not entitled to a phone, you millennial.
>>
>>132047565
>>drive fast while texting retard nigger friend emojis of eggplants
kek
>>
>>132038834
I am a math teacher
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/may/16/schools-mobile-phones-academic-results
>>
>>132038834
Why does it not include food and shelter?
>>
>>132042398
It's just a bunch of fucking cishet, white, oppressive, males anyway. Stacy would rather look for some BBC using her smartphone.
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.