[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know that Facebook app is constantly listening to ev

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Mark-Zuckerberg.jpg (531KB, 1200x683px) Image search: [Google]
Mark-Zuckerberg.jpg
531KB, 1200x683px
Did you know that Facebook app is constantly listening to everything?

"Facebook says that its app does listen to what’s happening around it, but only as a way of seeing what people are listening to or watching and suggesting that they post about it. " [1]

- Facebook can read your contacts, messages and all local files, including, but not limited to, logs from other messaging apps
- it can access connections data
- by combining audio recordings with photos, locations and network data (especially other phones connected to local wifi) it can identify all speakers in spoken conversations, and record their locations along with audio recordings.
- audio recordings of spoken conversations are automatically transcribed and used for advertising and 'national security' purposes

Can YOU even uninstall Facebook app without rooting your phone? More and more carriers preinstall it as a system app, which means it's always on - you can only 'disable' it, which only prevents intentional interaction.
Now you know why.

Thanks to the Facebook app, 1+ billion people worldwide are under direct, constant and total surveillance, more pervasive than past totalitarian governments could ever dream of. Another 1-2 billions are surveilled indirectly - they are recorded every time they speak to (or near) Facebook app users, and their position is recorded every time they are on the same wifi network as Facebook app users. All it takes is one Facebook app user to add you to his contacts - now Facebook knows your number, email and whatever that person added.

[1] https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-using-people-s-phones-to-listen-in-on-what-they-re-saying-claims-professor-a7057526.html
>>
>>132036383

https://archive.is/Q0VMl
>>
I know it's happening. I think even if you don't have this app it doesn't matter, Android and iOS are always listening as well. It's inescapable besides switching to a dumb phone - and even then like you said other people's phones will still be recording you.

It's not limited to phone either, laptops, anything with a built in microphone and running Android, iOS and Windows I'm sure is always recording.
>>
File: zuckerberg-811657[1].jpg (82KB, 1082x650px) Image search: [Google]
zuckerberg-811657[1].jpg
82KB, 1082x650px
Of course. It's becoming common knowledge. Every week I go to school I see more and more people taping over their laptop camera. Soon they'll learn to cover their microphone jack as well.
>>
>>132037076

I try to tell people about this and they laugh.

Then I show them the New York Times article were Zuckerberg says he tapes his laptop camera.

Suddenly they're not laughing.
>>
>>132036840
>I think even if you don't have this app it doesn't matter, Android and iOS are always listening as well

I don't know about iOS, but I don't think it's the case with (open-source) Android.
(((They))) are very pragmatic - instead of being hamfisted and forcing everyone to become surveilled, they allowed the technical 0.1% to escape - people who are rooting their phones with custom distributions, hardware hackers and similar. A hidden backdoor would be eventually found by them and result in lots of drama.

It's much easier to give them a little bit of freedom - as 99.9% is under control almost all their actions are surveilled indirectly anyway...

Nothing is hidden - the 'record audio' permission is right there in the Facebook's app permissions.
>>
File: WyCGWF1.jpg (102KB, 947x533px) Image search: [Google]
WyCGWF1.jpg
102KB, 947x533px
>>
>>132036383
Gee it's almost like there's yet another reason for me not to have a god damned FaceSpace page.
>>
>>132036383
so u telling me that in spite of all that they still cant prevent people from committing crimes even when they post about it in advance openly on their social media?

yeah right they totally look at everything we do
>>
>>132036383
Not using facebook is for virgins

Based zuck got me laid so many times I would give him a handjob not just my info
>>
>>132036383
I remember reading about rootkits that come pre-installed on android phones that record all sorts of data. I can't remember what it was called though.
>>
>>132038442
I just checked my phone, all those permissions are disabled by default

You lying polish kike
>>
>>132038734
>they still cant prevent people from committing crimes

Can, but won't.

The term for that is 'anarcho-tyranny' - allow real crime to happen and use it as an excuse to enslave normal people:

"What we have in this country today, then, is both anarchy (the failure of the state to enforce the laws) and, at the same time, tyranny—the enforcement of laws by the state for oppressive purposes; the criminalization of the law-abiding and innocent through exorbitant taxation, bureaucratic regulation, the invasion of privacy, and the engineering of social institutions, such as the family and local schools; the imposition of thought control through “sensitivity training” and multiculturalist curricula, “hate crime” laws, gun-control laws that punish or disarm otherwise law-abiding citizens but have no impact on violent criminals who get guns illegally, and a vast labyrinth of other measures. In a word, anarcho-tyranny.

The laws that are enforced are either those that extend or entrench the power of the state and its allies and internal elites … or else they are the laws that directly punish those recalcitrant and “pathological” elements in society who insist on behaving according to traditional norms—people who do not like to pay taxes, wear seat belts, or deliver their children to the mind-bending therapists who run the public schools; or the people who own and keep firearms, display or even wear the Confederate flag, put up Christmas trees, spank their children, and quote the Constitution or the Bible—not to mention dissident political figures who actually run for office and try to do something about mass immigration by Third World populations."

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-tyranny
>>
>>132039432
spare me your tinfoil shit
>>
>>132039432
Seems like since the NSA leaks Americans just accept this invasion of privacy as the norm. It's enough to make you weep at the contentment of Americans while living in a police state.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.