[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on attention. Social sites like Facebook and Instragram

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Redpill me on attention. Social sites like Facebook and Instragram seem to kill my attention span. TV as well. Basically, anything where there is a lot of consumption with little investment. Once I get back to reading/writing/building/fixing things, my attention span returns to normal. How do all these continuous hits of dopamine affect attention, or even mood? Can someone explain what's going on here? My neuroscience is somewhat lacking. Any reading recommendations on this?

Also, post what you're reading at the moment. Mine is pic related and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
>>
>>132033904
4chan is included in this you know
Also
>using normiebook and jewter
>>
>>132033904
He explains it in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWAOVEicnlw

Look at the like ratio if you doubt this guy
>>
>>132036474
Oh and he's a fucking leaf
>>
>>132033904

E-Booka would cause the same problem I assume.

I'm positive concentration and reading comprehension were far better before the Internet.
>>
>>132036474
>starts making fart noises

dropped
>>
>Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
good stuff. I like the classic beauty/romantic beauty framing.

I also hear what you're saying. Man is a creature of habit; if you consume vapid stuff and go for entertainment and likes, your brain will get used to that. It'll take a little effort to become productive again but you'll get used to it. In the long run though, the second one wil give you the best chance for a fulfilling life.

what I'm reading rn
>>
>>132037126
he talks like cernovic too ffs
damn the pua thing is gay as aids
>>
It's just simple dopamine abuse. Your brain prefers the effortless reward it gets from vidya, youtube, 4chan/reddit etc... It's the mental equivalent of candy. Totally empty material that pretty much tricks your brain into giving you pleasure.

Once you get used to it or have grown up on these cheap little rewards, it's very difficult to go back. It's very similar to quitting drugs.
>>
The internet abuses your reward systems, your basically on a constant dopamine trip. This is why time seems to go by so fast
>>
>>132033904
Currently reading All Quiet on the Western Front, but since there's only like 30 pages left I started Rendezvous with Rama this morning. All Quiet was great, and Rendezvous feels like it's going to be really fascinating.
>>
>>132036278
Yeah, I know. I'm gonna be limiting my time here.

>>132038379
The ending of the 4th book was incredible. Make sure you read them all.

>>132036474
Thanks for the video

>>132037920
>Totally empty material that pretty much tricks your brain into giving you pleasure.
I'm trying to choose content that's a lot more in depth and engaging but I keep coming to the realization that I should just use them as starting points to go learn on my own, instead of trying to learn from these vids/posts/etc
>>
Bumper
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.