[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix citizenship? In today's political turmoil

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: citizenship.jpg (8KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
citizenship.jpg
8KB, 297x170px
How do we fix citizenship? In today's political turmoil surrounding immigration, national identity and globalism, the concept of citizenship will soon become a key topic to discuss. What new rules, conditions or restrictions would you personally add?
>>
>>132028568
to have 1st, 2nd and 3rd class citizenship, just for a start
>>
No birthright citizenship except for the children of citizens would be the main one. Children born to lawful permanent residents would receive lawful permanent residency, children born to visa holders would receive visas that expire the same day as their parents, and children born to illegals would be illegal immigrants.
>>
>>132028568
Follow Japan's premise of no such thing as dual citizenship.
>>
>>132028568
Seems to me if Canada has a citizenship problem, it's only a reflection of their immigration problem. Which would be much easier to fix considering the only people fleeing across the border are bedwetting liberals or tax evaders.
But to answer the question, something along the lines of "if you think of yourself as something other than Canadian / American / whatever nation FIRST, you are not really a citizen". That might upset Les Quebecois but seriously, fuck them.
>>
>>132028749
Even I can agree with this.
>>132029533
This to.
>>
>>132028749
Birthright citizenship is definitely a problem. It needs to be overhauled or scrapped entirely. It's an antiquated concept that just cannot coexist with today's easy access to transportation technology.
>>132029533
I agree that Leafland is quickly becoming a shithole due to immigration meme politics but that's not strictly related to the issue. Citizenship is a complicated issue that affects every country today. Citizens vote to decide the future of a country, therefore the definition of citizens will determine the future of a country.
>>
>>132030545
The definition of citizenship almost has to be different for every nation.Some nations have a right-of-return in their law, some nations are de-facto ethnostates. Some are the result of arbitrary lines on a map.
One thing for sure is this "I'm a citizen because I showed up, so gibsmedat" assumption needs to end.
>>
>>132028568
More focus on cultural assimilation. Higher levels of language proficiency should be an nonnegotiable requirement, in addition to both legal and cultural awareness. Make this apply even for elderly relatives. Stops them from importing older generations who tend to keep their barbaric traditions and bad habits alive. And on top of it all, a naturalized citizen should be made aware that they are constantly representing the ability of their native race and culture to adapt and evolve with more civilized nations.

The ideal archetype of a naturalized citizen is someone who new immigrants would be most afraid to ask for favors. They should represent the complete willingness to abandon the backward aspects of their original culture, no matter how sacred, if it is deemed incompatible with the culture of their adoptive country. They should even be feared by new immigrants for having a both a familiarity with any native criminal antics and a willingness to report them to the law.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.