[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the deal with Mormonism? They are very active

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 43

File: mormons[1].jpg (156KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
mormons[1].jpg
156KB, 400x328px
So what's the deal with Mormonism? They are very active in proselytizing (goes door-to-door) and their youth is active. A quick google search will show how Joseph Smith was a con-man and yet people are still believing this shit. What do you think /pol/?
>>
(((total masonic globalist scam, and they are all retarded)))

t. jane withersteen
>>
File: mountainmeadows.png (42KB, 906x572px) Image search: [Google]
mountainmeadows.png
42KB, 906x572px
>>131946647
America's last hope
>>
Their magic underwear will shield them from bullets next time the mooslims shoot em up.
>>
>>131946647
They are just people. Their church keeps changing core doctrines to be PC.
>>
>>131946647
I was born in Utah, and half of my family is hardcored Mormon.
So here's the deal.
Polygamy was never really done away with, and it in of itself creates a massive problem.
Men and women are born at a roughly equal rate and Mormons are completely against abortion. So.
If every man has 5 or more wives that leaves atleast 4 other men who will be wifeless. And in Mormon culture a man without a wife is shunned.
To avoid any conflicts many of the elders of each church will send out all of the young men for a period of between 4 and 8 (or more ) years while they marry off all of the younger females, they do this to gain support from other men of influence.

All the young men you see are basically being brainwashed into abondoning their communities while spending the most important years (the ones where you get married and have children) doing nothing of value, this makes it easy top justify getting rid of them later if they make any trouble.

For every major city in Utah there's a ring of small towns full of bachelor men.
>>
It's a cultural thing. My entire family is Mormon, I was raised Mormon, and I am convinced that none of them believe it but they stick with it because it's what they know and what they do and who they are.

I do believe, though, that they are actually convinced it is just another flavor of Christianity.

The truth is that it is a 19th century sex cult that is slowly transforming into a real estate megacorp.
>>
File: idol.jpg (54KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
idol.jpg
54KB, 500x350px
>>131946647
i just don't know anymore. when missionaries went to new zealand to convert the natives half of them were already christian, knew what the messiah did, and already knew his name.

they pray to Jesus Christ, and have the trinity of father, son, and holy spirit, acknowledge that God had a Son who was born of a virgin, that died on the cross to redeem mankind, and rose back from the dead and use the king james bible. they meet the requirements to be considered christian.

>>131946928
the founding fathers were all freemasons.

also
>implying catholicism isn't a globalist scam.
>>
>>131946647
These guys give great head
>>
mormons should revamp their cult. make it about eugenics.
>>
>>131947687
Mormon shill detected.

Mormons don't believe in the trinity, and in fact believe that God the Father knocked up Mary (this is blasphemy). They also believe that God was Adam, and much more heretical shit.
>>
>>131946647

They are inbred degenerates with a disproportionately high prevalence of autism and genetic disorders.
>>
>>131947626
>bullshit you read on /pol/

t. A actual polygamist Mormon.
>>
>>131947005
>demanding local governments to take in brown bulls so they can fuck white women
No actually they should be shot and churches razed to the ground, it was retarded to begin with.
>>
I think they're only growing because it gives whites a common ground and a comunity/culture again. Mark my words the Mormons will form the next crusade against degeneracy.

> t.I dated a mormon, and now my new gf is ex mormon.
>>
>>131947638

What are the general guidles that Mormons follow? Like you guys are not supposed to drink Alcohol, coffee or tea?
>>
>>131947896
>Mormon shill detected.
not even close you idiot.

>Mormons don't believe in the trinity, and in fact believe that God the Father knocked up Mary (this is blasphemy). They also believe that God was Adam, and much more heretical shit.

i honestly feel like you just made all of this up, and this is entirely disingenuous, and dishonest.
>>
>>131948507
Mormon shill confirmed.

Get fucked man. Mormons are heretical believing that a man can become a God with enough (((ordinances))).
>>
>>131947687
"We are the Fathers of all Revolutions, even of those which sometimes happen to turn against us. We are the supreme Masters of Peace and War. We can boast of being the Creators of the Reformation! Calvin (Phillip II, by William Thomas Walsh, p. 248: 'The origin of Calvin (whose real name was Chauvin, See also: Lucin Wolf, in Transactions, Jewish Historical Society of England, Vol. XI, p. 8; Goris, Les Colonies Marchandes Meridionales à Anvers; Lea, History of the Inquisition of Spain, III, 413) was one of our Children; he was of Jewish descent, and was entrusted by Jewish authority and encouraged with Jewish finance to draft his scheme in the Reformation. …

"Martin Luther yielded to the influence of his Jewish friends unknowingly, and again, by Jewish authority, and with Jewish finance, his plot against the Catholic Church met with success. But unfortunately he discovered the deception, and became a threat to us, so we disposed of him as we have so many others who dare to oppose us. ..."
—From a series of speeches at the B'nai B'rith Convention in Paris, published shortly afterwards in the London Catholic Gazette, February, 1936; Paris Le Reveil du Peuple published similar account a little later

Also, why wouldn't a Masonic cult use the Bible of Scottish Rite King James VI, and possibly even his demonology encyclopaedia?
>>
File: 1498524672515.jpg (113KB, 744x744px) Image search: [Google]
1498524672515.jpg
113KB, 744x744px
>>131947974
Wow, would you look at all those non arguments
>>
Background of the 'Book of Mormon' is probably complete bullshit.
Complete heretic belief.
Still wouldn't mind living in their neighborhoods, assuming they don't all knock on my door at once.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aiQx3Uh8Z4
>>
>>131948204
>Mark my words the Mormons will form the next crusade against degeneracy.

largest group of degenerates and inbreeders are the saviors of the white race.

WEW LAD!
>>
>>131948507
Mormons do not believe in the trinity, they believe in what referred to as the Godhead, which is slightly different. (God and Jesus have separate bodies of flesh and bone, and along with the holy ghost are three beings unified in one purpose)

Only some fundamentalist Mormons follow the Adam-god theory.

>>131948269
Mormonism in a nutshell

We are the literal children of god (spirit wise)
that we get placed in bodies to experience a mortal life
Almost everyone gets to some level of heaven
Those who strive hardest can reach the celestial kingdom and grow and develop to be like heavily father.
Godhead, not a trinity
Jesus died and atoned for your sins, was resurrected, and also taught in the new world
that everyone has free will (Free agency)
The words of wisdom say no coffee, tea, smoking, or drinking alcoholic beverages.
>>
>>131948998
>Reddit spacing
>off by one
>Calling a very tight-nit Religious cult degenerates and inbreeders
If anything the largest group of degenerates would be Apalacian trailer-trash and West-Coast Liberals. Nice try JIDF. Most modern-mormans are monogamous
>>
>>131948848
There is 70-100k Mormon Polygamists, from Canada down the intermountian west and into Northern Mexico, with a handful in Kansas, the west coast, and central and south america.

There is not a huge ton of us, I would know as I had to move a few times due to legal issues.
>>
>>131946647

desu they are pretty good people, cringey yes, but no intoxication or drugs, follow the law, would have high birth rates if polygamy was outlawed to stop mormans from mass breeding.

Overall a net positive to society.
>>
>>131949252
>if polygamy was outlawed
Polygamy is outlawed. It falls under "unlawful notorious co-habitation." in most western states.
>>
>>131949235
I'm sure those are all in amish-like communities as well.
>>
>>131949217
>Most modern-mormans are monogamous

Then they're not real Mormons.
>>
>>131946647
They're apart of a stupid cult but otherwise pretty dope af senpai
>>
>>131949385
FLDS are the "Amish like" community, they are based out in short creek area on the UT/Arizona border.
Centennial park is also very conservative.

Kingstons, Labarons, AUB, TLC, and the Peterson group dress in modern dress. Also most independents also dress like the AUB as that were most of them are from.
>>
File: PR_15.05.12_RLS_chapter3-07.png (20KB, 419x760px) Image search: [Google]
PR_15.05.12_RLS_chapter3-07.png
20KB, 419x760px
>>131946647
>Oy vey fellow goyim. Aren't Mormons so weird? I hate it when they know on my door while I'm playing vidya
>>
Joseph Smith was a conman and Brigham Young a dictator but their church is full of pro-American values. Unfortunately they have had issues trying to stand against the times but I think it's an easy fix if enough Mormons banded together.
>>
>>131949396
>Most modern-mormans are monogamous
>Then they're not real Mormons.
Not an argument Reddit. That's the literal Mudshit way of thinking.
>>
File: PR_15.05.12_RLS_chapter3-01.png (23KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
PR_15.05.12_RLS_chapter3-01.png
23KB, 640x718px
>>131949718
>>
>>131949670
Without having to give yourself away which polygamist groups would you say are the most open and least open to outsiders. I assume FLDS is the least open, especially since nutty Warren is in prison.
>>
>>131946647
The no coffee and tobacco is a real deal killer for me, otherwise I'd actually consider joining their little organization.
Coffee doesn't even make you do anything bad, I actually have more self-control and think about fleshly things less on it so, what the fuck mormons.

Tobacco might not be the best thing for you physically but it enhances my cognition and again, it makes me pursue intellectual things instead of fleshly ones.
>>
File: historybible.gif (219KB, 1772x2250px) Image search: [Google]
historybible.gif
219KB, 1772x2250px
>>131948679
>Mormons are heretical believing that a man can become a God with enough

I guess the bible must be heretical then

Psalm 82
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34
Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods' ?

really though, i checked adams appearances in the book of mormon, it turns out you're literally lying, i checked to see who the Creator was, and it gives the title to Jesus Christ as creator of the universe

you're literally making up bullshit, stop lying on the internet about what other people believe. you're utterly spiritually, and intellectually dishonest.

>>131948707
>Also, why wouldn't a Masonic cult use the Bible of Scottish Rite King James VI, and possibly even his demonology encyclopaedia?

probably because the King James is the true unadulterated word of God, why catholic translations are pretty much utter garbage.

also when you do a little homework, it turns out the jesuits/rosicrucians created freemasonry from the stonemasons guild
>>
>>131946647
I think the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter-Day Saints is absolutely retarded. Around these parts, you see a bunch of them. It is common to think that they're CIA niggers and I'm of that mind too, you need a special kind of retardation to believe in Joseph Smith.
>>
>>131950004

Caffeine is a drug, we've just completely normalized it to the point people think of it like water.
>>
>>131949777
This.

I am part of one of the splinter groups, but lets be blunt.

Salt Lake church (Monogomist) - 16 million or so.
RLDS (Midwest Mormons monogomist) - 250k

Polygmists
AUB - 10k (This is the group from sister wives)
FLDS - 7k (The amish)
Labarons, Kingsons, - 2-3k each
Peterson, Blackmoore, and other smaller groups < 1k.

Now mind you, I am a polygmist, but to say that most Mormons are polygmist is silly.
>>
>>131949749
If anything, we should be promoting Religious unity. Imagine what would happen to American whites if all Christian-sects united under one- American-Christian banner.

It would cause a paradigm shift across all communities. Aethism was a nice experiment, but it failed because of fedoras. We have the power to make this happen.

>Step 1: Unite American-Christianity (no black baptist shit)
>Step 2: Remove Juden from Evangelicucks
>Step 3: Reclaim Constantinople.
>>
>>131949967
AUB is rather open, TLC use to be like "Join us and we will find a 16 year old for you to marry" but that group is falling apart.

Don't join the FLDS, they are good people who the Jeffs family have ruined generations of hard work. They are also very endogamy in nature (while for example I mostly married out of my group for the specific reason to not deal with inbreeding.)
>>
File: 5481828.jpg (22KB, 309x305px) Image search: [Google]
5481828.jpg
22KB, 309x305px
>>131950020
This chart is so wrong it's unbelievable.
>>
>>131950020

It's mostly just the random plates in a sack that people take issue with, fampai.
>>
File: k315.png (13KB, 693x237px) Image search: [Google]
k315.png
13KB, 693x237px
>>131950446
the catholic translations are so wrong it is believable.
>>
>>131950146
Now bring up the part where all of those major cities have satellite towns full of single men excommunicated from the church.
>>
>>131950257
>Reddit spacing
>>
>>131946647
Even more ironic since they believe heaven has a roster cap.
>>
>>131950020
This damage control.

Everyone should be aware that it is very common for Mormon theologians to disavow and discredit the teachings of their precious leaders. See: Brigham Young and Bruce McConkey. It's like 1984... Just rewrite the past when it doesn't suit the present.
>>
>>131950672
>implying double spacing taught in common core education in america gives any indication of plebbit

royally fuck off.
>>
>>131950610
You are confusing the "Lost boys" which is a FLDS thing with the rest of mormonism.
>>
>>131950769
Take atleast five seconds to read some of his previous posts before you spewn like an enormous faggot and show everyone what a nigger you really are.
>>
>>131947005
I love whoever made this image.
>>
>>131949967
The least open are FLDS and Kingstons. But even the Kingstons will accept new members, but you will be low on their social list.
>>
>>131950596
What translation are you talking about? Erasmus Textus Receptus was based on Latin Vulgate manuscripts. Papist bibles never used Alexandrian NT until the Nova Vulgata less than 50 years ago.
>>
My people lived here long, long ago
This is the history of my race
Please read the words within
We were Jews, who met with Christ
But we were All-American

But don't let anybody see these plates except for you
They are only for you to see
Even if people ask you to show the plates to them, don't
Just copy them onto normal paper
Even though this might make them question if the plates are real or not
This is sort of what God is going for
>>
>>131950424
I know I saw an article about how the FLDS are so inbred at this point they have an entire large graveyard Warren so elegantly calls "Babyland" full of hundreds of buried babies and toddlers who died from inbred issues. TLC I'm not familiar with although AUB I remember someone saying they attended one of their services and how they used older Book of Mormons (Books of Mormon?).
>>
>>131947626
I had never considered this.
Logically what else could they do with all of the surplus men other than send them away while the young women their age are married off to old fogies and rich guys.
It's a smart move to increase the power of the church but that many disenfranchised beta men is unsustainable.
>>
>>131950126
Almost everything you ingest on a daily basis can be regarded as a "drug" in that constituents of it act as ligands to various receptors. Some drugs, make you do stupid things. Not all drugs do.
My entire post iterated that it was indeed a drug and was a beneficial one. Just because it is a drug, does not mean that it is inherently bad.
>>
>>131951246
Okay, as a Mormon using the Moroni image like that did give me some keks.
>>
File: inquisition_wip_1.jpg (150KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
inquisition_wip_1.jpg
150KB, 1200x800px
>>131950733
>Just rewrite the past when it doesn't suit the present.

>who are the waldensians, and what was the inquisition

The Council of Toulouse, which met in November of 1229, about the time of the crusade against the Albigensians, set up a special ecclesiastical tribunal, or court, known as the Inquisition (Lat. inquisitio, an inquiry), to search out and try heretics. Twenty of the forty-five articles decreed by the Council dealt with heretics and heresy. It ruled in part:

Canon 1. We appoint, therefore, that the archbishops and bishops shall swear in one priest, and two or three laymen of good report, or more if they think fit, in every parish, both in and out of cities, who shall diligently, faithfully, and frequently seek out the heretics in those parishes, by searching all houses and subterranean chambers which lie under suspicion. And looking out for appendages or outbuildings, in the roofs themselves, or any other kind of hiding places, all which we direct to be destroyed.

Canon 6. Directs that the house in which any heretic shall be found shall be destroyed.

Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.

lets ignore the fact the catholic church burned anyone alive for reading the bible, and burned the bible itself for a 1000 years because it suits your sheltered wordview of catholiticsm not being the most satanic and hypocritical thing in the world.

>>131949100
>Only some fundamentalist Mormons follow the Adam-god theory.

this doesn't appear to be backed by their book, why is that, and where did the theory come from?

>Mormons do not believe in the trinity
why do they baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy spirit? or do I have this wrong too?
>>
File: 1464761325370.jpg (122KB, 676x747px) Image search: [Google]
1464761325370.jpg
122KB, 676x747px
>be non-Mormon growing up in Mormon area
>treated as a second class citizen
>they would literally not bring me and the couple spics on class activities/trips due to us not being in the church
>shunned in the community for not being Mormon
>people constantly trying to convert me

But it all panned out during high school. Mormon sexual repression really fucks girls in the head. They would do whatever I wanted in bed.

But yeah fuck Mormons. They basically treated me like a nigger for my entire childhood.
>>
File: frenchrevolution.jpg (241KB, 1260x485px) Image search: [Google]
frenchrevolution.jpg
241KB, 1260x485px
>hey guise, i know this group of white people are doing just fine and are having many children, but their religion is so silly haha
>we should change their culture and teach them (((reason))), what could go wrong? XDXD we're enlightened.
>>
>>131946647
right one is cute desu
>>
>>131947408
>They are just salesman, thus the suits. Their business keeps changing to maximize profits.
>>
>>131946647
>A quick google search will show how Joseph Smith was a con-man and yet people are still believing this shit.
Ironically this is in fact a con, Joseph Smith was a treasure hunter who used magic stones (and modern members are generally pretty OK with that) but he wasn't a con man.

You'll notice people also saying "convicted con man." Their source is other people who said "convicted con man." The only thing he was convicted of was casting out spirits, and the judge couldn't think of a proper punishment. North Missouri frontier kangaroo courts weren't exactly steely-eyed arbiters of truth and justice.
>>
>>131946647
Just a bunch of nice weirdos.
I like them, but prefer they stay in Utah.
>>
>>131951600
anyone have the shopped version of this?
>>
>>131951379
From what I understand they (FLDS) bury stillbirths. The FLDS have a specific issue as two of the founding families had recessive for it, so they have the highest rates of fumarase deficiency in the world.

AUB uses a older D&C (doctrines and Covedent) and I think they use the 1840 edition for copyright reasons. (The LDS church uses a newer 1981 edition with new headers on chapters so it can be copyrighted.
>>
File: tolsnake.jpg (41KB, 318x400px) Image search: [Google]
tolsnake.jpg
41KB, 318x400px
>>131951587
Fantastic read: Joseph Smith and Kabbalah

>http://gnosis.org/jskabb3.htm
>>
>>131948904
>Background of the 'Book of Mormon' is probably complete bullshit.
Yes, claimed to be a pre-KJV translation; used word 'lucifer': first bible appearance in KJV.

http://carsonweber.org/the-anachronistic-problem-of-the-lucifer-verse-within-the-book-of-mormon/
>>
>>131946647
All I know about Mormons is that somehow all of the women that leave the church turn into sluts.
>>
>>131951932
I find the polygamist sects interesting if nothing else. I've visited RLDS splinter groups but they're very anti-polygamy and trying to preserve their church from the left wing that turned the RLDS into Community of Christ. I also visited the main LDS church but honestly I liked the RLDS better between the two. Sadly on the wrong side of the country to visit AUB.
>>
>>131950706
>Even more ironic since they believe heaven has a roster cap.
Think this is just Jehovah's witness's
>>
>>131949358
Not meming, but it's 2017. Why is it outlawed for you guys but basically everything else is allowed. Honest question
>>
>>131951587
>his doesn't appear to be backed by their book, why is that, and where did the theory come from?
Adam-god comes from a idea exposed by Brigham Young. It a complicated issue and I could go into the theology of it, but it might be boring and might need to have a understanding of mormon concepts.
>>131951587
>why do they baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy spirit? or do I have this wrong too?
Mormons follow the idea of the Godhead.

Trinity - Father, son, and the holy Spirit is the same being.

Godhead - Father, son, and holy spirit separate beings unified for a single purpose.
>>
File: british_sovereignty.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
british_sovereignty.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>131951246
>http://archive.is/KkJZ7
>316AD
>King James Bible
King James Bible was written in the early 17th century.
>>
>>131947165
> magic underwear
it's representative of the clothes God made for Adam and eve when they were exiled from Eden
the Jews also wear Garments under their regular clothing
>>131947408
Mormons have never changed any core doctrine
some of their rules have changed because of revelation
>>131947626
Polygamy is not practised in the mormon church
any and all polygamists are excommunicated
polygamy is only practised by excommunicated fundamentalists
it's rural polygamists that exile the younger men
>>131947896
>>131948507
>>131949100
What the Catholics Call the Trinity, the Mormons Call the Godhead
The difference being that while the Catholics believe they are all the same individual and merely a spirit
In contrast the Mormons believe the Godhead to be three individuals,
God and his Son Jesus Christ being Personages made of Flesh and Bone
while the Holy Ghost is the only personage of Spirit in the Godhead
-
The Mormons have no official doctrine on how Mary became pregnant with Jesus
God being all powerful could have done it in many ways
Sex and then healing the hymen,
Artificial insemination
Virgin Pregnancy similar to lizards and sharks
- combined with a mutation of one of the X-chromosomes
-
The Adam-God Theory isn't that Adam [micheal the Archangel] was God the Father or Elohim
but that Adam through completing his personal Eternal Progression
has already ascended to attain his Godhood.
>>131947924
only Fundamentalist Polygamists that marry their own daughters, nieces, and grand-daughters
are inbred degenerates
>>
>>131952347
Depends on the group. I know sects of Strangite Mormons believe that God in anger of the death of Joseph Smith and James Strang has sealed off the opportunity for anyone not born in the church to ever go to heaven but Strangite groups are almost extinct at this point I think.
>>
>>131946647
Mormons are wanna be jehovahs witnesses

fun fact: jehovahs witnesses no longer care about converting you, they just walk around, and give out flyers and generally don't say much.

they believe the end is very close and have all been told to pack a 3 day go bag.

the end is neigh mah fuggas
>>
http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf

Nothing but a blasphemous cult of heretics. Joseph Smith, like most all Mormons, was nothing but a con man and criminal. Woe to Mormons on judgement day. Unbridled blasphemy of the word of God will bring destruction upon them.
>>
>>131952332
I know and respect the RLDS splinter groups. The modern Community of Christ is a joke. The RLDS has always been very monogamist, as that was their defining feature early on.

I could go over all the Polygmist sects in detail if you wanted.
>>
>>131952363
It's because polygamy would put an end to the cock carousel feminist utopia. Women would just marry Chads, slits would be shamed again and we'd end up with another patriarchy.
>>
>>131952066
We had a guy in Wichita start a little LDS bookstore in a strip mall in Bel Aire, it didn't do well and he eventually sold it and moved away, but while it was up I would just drop by and chill with the owner and let him tell me about Kabbalah and the Sephirot. Good times.
>>
>>131952603
Mormonism began decades before the Bible Student Movement that became the Jehovah Witnesses.
>>
File: fukken saved.jpg (143KB, 554x335px) Image search: [Google]
fukken saved.jpg
143KB, 554x335px
>>131951246
Douy Rheims, american standard, NIV, NLT, and the revised versions.

>Erasmus Textus Receptus was based on Latin Vulgate manuscripts

ok, why does he include the greek texts side by side with his latin translation then?

I do believe this is the basis for the interlinear bible, which stacks the original masoretic and greek texsts against only 2 english versions, the KJV and the new american standard bible, the masoretic and greek texts that you can prove have not had one letter changed with Ivan Panin's work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMXnA5M657Q
>>
>>131946647
people are stupid that's why.
>>
>>131952363
Since we embarriss the powers that be.

Funny enough the Republic of Mexico has always been friendly to us, There is a lot of polygamist in Mexico.
>>131952536
IIRC, there is about 300 strangites left.
>>
>>131952347
Ehh.. you might be right.
>>
>>131952518
>Mormons have never changed any core doctrine
>some of their rules have changed because of revelation

>Polygamy is not practised in the mormon church
any and all polygamists are excommunicated
polygamy is only practised by excommunicated fundamentalists
it's rural polygamists that exile the younger men

Pick one.
>>
>>131952603
No one wants to be a witness except a witness. They certainly do want to convert you.
>>
>>131952347
I do not know about Jehovah's Witnesses, but I know that not a Mormon thing.
>>
>>131951324
there were 3 witnesses who got to touch the plates
there were 12 witnesses who got to see the plates

the reason the plates were hidden was they would have been stolen
>>
>>131952714
It would help. I'm fairly familiar with the FLDS due to the coverage they get and I know I watched that documentary on the Kingstons where they kept insisting they weren't weird like the FLDS.
>>
Some interesting parts that other people have left out.

-They are the only large religion that believes in continuous revelation - hence to this day they are led by a prophet who can and does receive new divine laws.

-Their church life is intense and has a rotational voluntary ministry. They are always visiting,teaching or organising other events.

-They dont wear or focus on the cross as they see it more as a symbol of Christ's suffering than human redemption

-Missionaries have to pay their own way and have very strict rules

-Personal testimony is a central and continuing part of their faith and something which is repeated often.

-They have a special temple for ceremonies which only Mormons who pay their tithe and keep all their religious laws can attend which simulates heaven

-Awhile back they had to change some of the ritual after some lecherous men abused it to sexually assault women.
>>
>>131952731
Outside of Utah, I do not know of a single Mormon bookstore that has done well that wasn't close to a Temple.
>>
>>131953122
nah they only talk to you about it if you express interest, they don't actively preach it anymore. armageddons coming nigger, are you a JW yet?
>>
File: 1498392306402.png (23KB, 382x379px) Image search: [Google]
1498392306402.png
23KB, 382x379px
>>131948204
>Mark my words the Mormons will form the next crusade against degeneracy
Except the part where they let any person of color into their church, love jews and muslims...?
Mormonism is just pay tithing or go to hell, the faith. Any idiot could see it for what it is.
>>
>>131953476
As far as I know the JW have moved to that more because of the dangers of door to door knocking and that it's getting more difficult for the Watchtower to pressure people into getting in their hours.
>>
>>131953602
>Mormonism is just pay tithing or go to hell, the faith. Any idiot could see it for what it is.

Paying the Tithe isnt necessary for salvation
>>
>>131953425
Makes me sad when I see anyone dropping cash or going into debt on labors of love that can't pay commercial rent.
>>
File: FB_IMG_14817649868545012.jpg (619KB, 1080x808px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14817649868545012.jpg
619KB, 1080x808px
>>131952744
>Douy Rheims, american standard, NIV, NLT, and the revised versions.

Douay-Rheihms in no way resembles the protestant RSV, ASV, NAS, NIV, etc. It is a very accurate translation of the Byzantine NT, which Erasmus Textus Receptus is based on. This is why the only notable difference between the two is a bassage in Revelation omitting the part about the dragon decieving the whole world.

The RSV was a protestant venture in England in 1881 to begin using the Alexandrian NT, which was written by the Arians who were excommunicated at the 1st Council of Nicea.

>ok, why does he include the greek texts side by side with his latin translation then?

Because in his first edition he only used Latin. In his second edition he used only Latin with more manuscripts for textual basis. His third edition put Greek from another Byzantine manuscript (which matches the Latin) in another column and became the basis of the Masonic KJV

>I do believe this is the basis for the interlinear bible, which stacks the original masoretic and greek texsts against only 2 english versions, the KJV and the new american standard bible, the masoretic...

The Masoretic Text is the most obviously altered for Kabbalistic and Talmudic change, as is seen in comparison to the Septuagint, as well as with the OT quotations provided by the apostles in the NT.
>>
>>131953602
Technically Brigham Young did aim for Mormons to become an entire new ethnic group. It's why he was pushing the Deseret language and as much autonomy for the Deseret region as possible. If it was up to him he definitely would've had Utah be a theocratic democracy. It's just that none of the other Mormons were interested in Brigham's pet projects.
>>
>>131952898
polygamy is not a core doctrine
and was intended only to be used to provide a father figure to widows and their children
it was actually denounced in the book of mormon
>>
>>131953364
Okay, I am not going to go over some of the really small groups, but I will at least go over the major groups.

FLDS (Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints) - Group mostly based around The Short Creek area. Founded by about 200 people who wanted to keep polygamy going. There claim is Lorin C. Woolley, a associate of LDS president Taylor was set aside to keep Polygamy alive. They are always making the news since they are odd ("Amish" style clothing, hair done up.) They where for years the largest group, and was well run for the most part till the Jeffs took over. Rulon Jeffs was bad, Warren Jeffs was awful. This is the one who were raided in Texas and so on. They where the largest group but many have been leaving after Warren Jeffs took over. They also assign marriages.
>>
>>131953810
???? ??? ??????? ?????
>>
>>131951429
Just like Islam.

Polygamy has social consequences.
>>
>>131953617
nah its because they don't care about the non believers anymore, they believe the end is coming soon and they still give out pamphlets n shit as a "hey man your goin to die, but I did offer you an out and you refused it, so I'm good" type thing. this order is from the brothers of bethel, who are in contact with aliens. truth.

basically I think, people like jw's who are nice and kind and shit are going to acend to the next dimension on earth, leaving behind everyone else, basically they just phase out of existence and we just stay chilling here in our horrible brown future of world war n shit. that's about the gist of it
>>
>>131953786
Yep
>>131953983
AUB - Also from the Lorin C. Woolley line of Priesthood, but these where the polygmists who stayed in Salt Lake area. They have modern dress and try to have a church that is close to modern times as possible. Would be the least weird of the polygamists to a outsider. They do not have arranged marriages and they have a lot of rotation, as many of their members decide to go independent. They are a decent bunch, Kody Brown (Of Sister wives) is AUB.
>>
File: 1493757196322.png (797KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1493757196322.png
797KB, 666x666px
>>131953663
Yes it is, what is this, taqiyya mormon style?
My girlfriend is an ex mormon and has showed me mormon missionary books explaining that if you don't pay tithing you will be sent to the terrestrial kingdom aka hell.
Her whole family is hardcore mormon and her brother is on a mission. Her mom used to tell her all the time that because she stopped paying tithing that bad shit is coming her way etc etc. They're beyond brainwashed it's so funny and that's why every mormon is a gullible fuck.
>>
File: 1496968155052.png (195KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
1496968155052.png
195KB, 364x366px
>>131953663
Wrong.
>"Those who will not obey the law of tithing will not be entitled to enter into the covenant's of the consecration, but when the day comes for the establishing of Zion and the redemption of the earth, such people will find themselves removed."
>Quote by Joseph F. Smith cited from Church History and Modern Revelation, 2:29
>>
File: trinity.png (24KB, 520x468px) Image search: [Google]
trinity.png
24KB, 520x468px
>>131952066
you know, I wasn't a stranger to the idea that he used the Kabbalah for his works. infact the Kabbalah ends up being incredibly useful in proving the Old Testment has an origin outside of space-time, and validates Jesus Christ's career as the messiah identifying all the several hundred prophecies that foretell of his coming. to give a small example skipping the letters reveals the name of Jesus, 11 apostles, and the 3 marry's, and how he was crucified in Isaiah 53. there are 2 messiah's in the kabbalah, the Son of Joseph, and the Son of David. the son of Joseph (genesis who was sold into slavery by his brothers) was a suffering servant, who would claim to be the son of god, be rejected by his people for blashpemy, would heal the sick, feed the hungry, explain the old testament, explain the letters and even "explain the spaces between the letters" and crucified for the sin of mankind. the son of david was the military commander. nor do I particuarly care if he had a relationship with the kabbalah.

>>131952397
thanks for correcting the record
>I could go into the theology of it
i would actually like to hear what you have to say about the matter.

>Mormons follow the idea of the Godhead.
this ends up being something from the kabbalah, i believe it was the jews solution to rectify themselves with god when they refused jesus christ, combining the kabbalah with the new testament ends up being incredibly powerful in terms of spiritual knowledge

>Trinity - Father, son, and the holy Spirit is the same being.
you know, at the end of the day, I do fail to see the difference between the idea of the Godhead and the trinity.
>>
>>131954317
Labarons - Mostly down in Mexico, they claim their priesthood line from Benjamin F. Johnson. They became famous as many of the brothers were half crazy, and Ervil Labaron was a famous cult leader in the 1980s killing people right and left and terrorizing the Polygamist communities as he knew they could not go to the police as the police would arrest them for being polygamists. They also became famous as more recently they have had battles with the drug cartels in the region. My first wife grew up in a Labaron community.
>>
>>131954409
>terrestrial kingdom
Is not hell. Outer darkness is hell. Terrestrial kingdom is just the lowest level of heaven. Only blasphemy can get you to outer darkness.
>>
>>131954409
>>131954463

I messed up that part, the missionaries were hazy on that area
>>
>>131954317
The AUB sound pretty chill although I remember someone who visited them saying they're still a little suspicious of outsiders. I guess that's natural though being the kind of group they are.

>>131954729
They did a lot of documentaries on the Lebarons during Romney's campaign. I think the fact that the cartels are scared of them is badass.
>>
>>131954875
It is hell
D&C 76:81-84
>>
>>131954619
>i would actually like to hear what you have to say about the matter.
okay, give me a second and I will.
>>131954729
Kingstons - Also known as the Kingson clan, this a family based out of Davis County (Bountyful) in Utah. They follow a united order (A type of religious ownership of property) and have become very wealthy and own a ton of property and business in the mountain west, including most coin operated machines in six states. They also have issues of inbreeding as the leaders have a ton of wives and they generally marry inside the faith. They gained a lot of news in Utah when they owned a coal mine that was having a strike, and people thought it was insane that a church owned and ran a coal mine.

They also have some very attractive woman.
>>
>>131955192
I mean it can't be that bad. Didn't Joseph Smith even say he'd gladly kill himself to go to the terrestrial kingdom because it was still better than Earth?
>>
>>131953602
Mormonism has 3 degrees of glory for heaven
and only one Hell, Outer Darkness

the Celestial Kingdom is Divided further into 3 parts
-The Top tier is for those that Are Married Eternally and worthy to Ascend to become Gods
-The Second Tier is for those that are not Married But Worthy to be Angels
-The Third lower tier is for any that have been baptised into the church, in this life or in behalf of the dead
--and for some reason are not worthy for the higher two tiers

The Terrestrial Kingdom is for Those That were Good people
But Rejected the True Church, And any Ordinances that were done for the dead

The Telestial Kingdom is for those that were Evil
if you could see this lowest Kingdom, you would commit suicide
Merely for the fact that this kingdom would be assured to you
and that life in the lowest heaven is far better than your mortal life on this Earth

Mormon Hell, Outer Darkness,
No Glory, No light, just Soul numbing cold and darkness
This is where the Demons will spend eternity,
And anyone who knows of God and his Truth,
and wilfully fought to turn as many mortals as possible away from the church
It is theorised that you would have to be a prophet, Seen or talked with God or Angels
and with that knowledge still chose the path of evil to end up here.
Cain, and perhaps Judas, will be two of the few mortals to live in this hell.
>>
>>131955433
Didn't a lot of the Kingstons move to Canada?
>>
>>131955448
Yeah, you're right. The Mormon idea of hell is pretty soft, although
>>131954875
Is correct that there is a worse hell for blasphemers and very serious sins.
>>
>>131955192
Those are folks who get 1000 years of torment before getting Terrestrial glory. 76:43-46 goes over the sons of perdition, and go to hell.
>>
>>131955712
Most in Canada are FLDS and Blackmore group, (which I will go over) but I know a lot of Kingstons fled Utah a few years ago due to worries that Utah was going to round them up for cousin and sometimes closer marriages.
>>
File: 1498710561269.png (392KB, 499x346px) Image search: [Google]
1498710561269.png
392KB, 499x346px
>>131954875
>>131955869
>>131955577
>Oy vey, if you don't pay tithing, you won't get the best version of heaven!
>>
>>131955577
Digits for a well written post
>>
Mormon here we are not polygamist it is just a degenerate sect just like the snake handlers in the Christian faith . Mormons are not inbreeds like Muslims, or degenerate liberals , mostly white with good family life without special rules for degenerate homosexuals . What part of part are you doing saving the white race , we are with large well educated families and no inbreeding or homos allowed .
>>
>>131955448
>>131954875
please see
>>131955577

>>131955869
Mormon Purgatory is only the Hell and suffering caused by your own feelings of guilt
Outer Darkness will be far worse, I assure you
>>
File: President Monson.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
President Monson.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
Mormons are a net positive impact on society. Actual Mormons are not polygamists and do a lot to help out their communitiies. Most anti Mormons are ex-mormons who didn't like and/or couldn't deal with having strict morals and rules. Others grew up in Mormon communities and felt excluded due to the fact that the Mormon church has a close knit social circle. Then you have the misinformed who think we do cultish crap. I just want to be a good person and worship the Lord, I dunno why people hate me for it.
>>
>>131955094
>The AUB sound pretty chill although I remember someone who visited them saying they're still a little suspicious of outsiders
Yes, they will most likely expect you to be a member for a year before they warm up. Too worried about undercover cops.
>>131955094
>. I think the fact that the cartels are scared of them is badass.
Yes, one of my regrets is selling the mexican farm, but it was getting too crazy down that way.

Centennial park - When the Jeffs took over the FLDS, a good section of the people didn't like it, and they where kicked out. They went a few miles down the road and formed Centennial park They are the FLDS but without the Jeff Crazyness, and no one minds them as they are good people. More and more FLDS are leaving to go to Centennial park. They have large families, even for Fundamentalist standards. >>131956136
How else will you build zion?

Kingstons take all your money actually, and then provide for your needs.
>>
>>131956360
I am not disagreeing, Outer darkness is mormon hell, even if some mormons think I am going to it.
>>
>>131953811
Yes it was. Read Brigham Young's or Joseph Smith's teachings on plural celestial marriage. More wives => more glory.
>>
>>131954729
Were these the same Lebarons started by an LDS missionary in France who went heretic and took half the mission home with him?
>>
>>131956368
Or maybe they couldn't afford the fucking 10% tithing? How about they rely on voluntary donations instead of establishing a quasi-state vis-a-vis that demands 10% of your income or else you won't get to the good heaven.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's fraud to say to tell them they will go to heaven initially but not tell them that there are multiple layers of it.
Fraud violates the NAP. They have the right to retaliate.
>>
>>131956504
Blackmore group - This is a Canadian Polygamist group. Blackmore is of a old BC stock (His dad was a canadian MP for the Social Credit party IIRC) and the FLDS had a community up in bountyful BC. When Jeffs took over, there was a disagreement over Blackmore and the Jeffs, and Jeffs kicked him out, and at least 1/2 of the community joined blackmore. He had a long fight with the Canadian law trying to get Polygamy legal under religious freedoms, but the Canadian court ruled no as it sets up a patriarchy and that toxic.
>>
>>131956600
as long as you don't try to hurt others, and be mostly good.
At worst as a non-mormon, you'll go to the Terrestrial Kingdom

you'd have to actually kill or rape someone to end up in the bottom kingdom.
>>
>>131955577
It's probably outer darkness or low level virgin Celestial for me if Joseph was right. FML. Why can't I just have fun as a telestial chad and go somewhere that is infinitely better than this earth?
>>
>>131956784
Yes they are. Some of the decedents of the missionaries are still followers of the Labarons.
>>
>>131956859
>Also, I'm pretty sure it's fraud to say to tell them they will go to heaven initially but not tell them that there are multiple layers of it.
literally covered in the second missionary lesson
https://www.lds.org/manual/preach-my-gospel-a-guide-to-missionary-service/lesson-2-the-plan-of-salvation?lang=eng
>>
>>131956368
>do a lot to help out their communitiies
False
>Most anti Mormons are ex-mormons who didn't like and/or couldn't deal with having strict morals and rules
Complete bullshit. More like,woke up one day and realized it was all a dog & pony show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71sNMfvvuE
There are many hidden camera videos out there exposing the cult temple rituals as well.

Mormons will pretend to be the nicest people but behind closed doors are the most judgmental fucks out there.
Oh, and let's not forget that the mormon church doesn't teach members it's history or the fact that joseph smith had 30+ wifes, many of which were already married.
>>
It is a cult. Read "No Man Knows My History" by Fawn McKay Brodie. Hard to find copies, but it's a great expose on the origins of the latter day saints.
>>
>>131952744
Douay-Rheims online so you don't fall for ignorant memes like this again:

>http://bible.com/55/exo.20.3-17.DRC1752
>>
>>131946647
I don't have anything against them. I rented an apartment to about 5 Mormon kids back in the day. They were the best tenants, and always pleasant and polite, even when they were having issues with their unit.
>>
>>131955577
BTW this sounds a lot like Viking afterlife. Asgard=Celestial, Midgard=Earth, Niflheim=Telestial, planet of giants = outer darkness
>>
>>131957076
That was a crazy story. I hate it when people get led astray but you can't help but admire that guy's charisma, it was probably super-difficult to tell him no.

>>131957218
>Oh, and let's not forget that the mormon church doesn't teach members it's history or the fact that joseph smith had 30+ wifes, many of which were already married.
Why would you just go online and tell lies?
https://www.lds.org/topics/plural-marriage-in-kirtland-and-nauvoo?lang=eng
>>
>>131956504
I don't blame you, especially when you have wives and children to protect. Mexico isn't exactly the hot destination for raising a family. Were you hesitant at all about the polygamy lifestyle? It seems like a lot of work.
>>
>>131956939
I am a polygamist Mormon (never excommunicated as I was never a member of the salt Lake church)
>>131954619
>i would actually like to hear what you have to say about the matter.
Brigham Young and Orson Pratt had a major disagreement over the nature of Adam.

The Adam god theory is that Adam was born a man (not on earth), was exalted, came to form earth as Micheal, then him and eve ate the fruit to become mortal and start humanity, then returned to his throne.

Some Polygamists groups still follow this idea. I do not. I think it nuts.
>>
>>131956859
>implying
The church has huge welfare programs for people that actually cannot afford the cost of living. There's no way you'll go hungry and be in the church if you're doing your best, that's how the programs are designed. Paying your tithing, while it requires budgeting, is always affordable. Like I said before, strict rules and morals. Tithing is a commandment from the Lord, just because you don't like it doesn't make not doing it right. It's not the money, it's value that matters. The idea of free agency dictates that the Lord isn't gonna build His kingdom for us; that would be meaningless.
>>
>>131956859
not paying tithing only means you can't go to the temple
you don't go to hell for it.
those who don't pay tithing, or break the word of wisdom are usually the type that go inactive

most of the people who are excommunicated or go Ex- or Anti-mormon
usually are breaking the law of chastity, or something worse, like murder or rape
those type of people usually have some major problem with the church doctrines
>>
>>131957481
Adam-Michael is the third member of the Godhead according to some Brigham quotes. That would answer the question "who is the holy ghost?"
>>
>>131957350
many religions do have similarities
>>
>>131957665
Shit. Almost satanic false doctrine.
>>
>>131957218
I would say you're half right about the history part. The LDS teaches their history but they are bad about over romanticizing it and glossing over parts that made the Mormons look bad. Which honestly I think is sad. I think a Mormon who reads the true, unedited story will either have their faith broken or have a stronger faith because of it.

>>131957350
Emmanuel Swedenborg was teaching that stuff before Joseph Smith. Swedenborg is really cool honestly and he definitely did things that make me believe he might've been a real prophet.
>>
File: 1498101172654.gif (2MB, 288x377px) Image search: [Google]
1498101172654.gif
2MB, 288x377px
>>131957536
>>131957591
>mfw tithing just goes to mormon businesses and shopping malls
If they actually cared, mormons going on missions would have it all payed for but instead you have to pay out of pocket and pay tithing

convenient :^)
>>
File: Image19.gif (86KB, 324x476px) Image search: [Google]
Image19.gif
86KB, 324x476px
>>131957834
(((Emmanuel)))
>>
>>131946647
It's a cult which is marginally better than Scientology. Stay away.

>raised by mormons
>>
>>131958006
He was born of Swedish Lutheran parents. He was practically the Leonardo da Vinci of his time then gave it up to focus entirely on his ministry when he claimed to begin having visions from God.
>>
>>131957881

Wait you have to pay on your own including living expenses? So what incentives these people have to go to other places for 2 years?
>>
>>131957412
>That was a crazy story. I hate it when people get led astray but you can't help but admire that guy's charisma
IIRC, One of the missionaries was converted before going on his mission and he converted the others. Those missionaries are still held in high regard down in that area.

>>131957422
It is a ton of work. Mexico was really nice for the following reasons.

- Large farm
- The Mexican republic has always accepted us, and as long as we paid taxes they loved that we would turn the desert green and help the local economy.

I still farm, but it a much smaller farm and now I have to worry about a SJW calling child protection that I am a evil polygamist. In many ways, outside the cartel Mexico was a better place to raise kids. A bunch of my kids are duel citizens as they where born in Mexico.

I grew up in Polygamy, as did my first wife (but not in the same group, just related groups) my other wives are actually not only didn't grow up in polygamy, but where born outside the US (A white African, A pole, a blonde mexican who passed away, and a woman from Quebec.)
>>
>>131957218
>says it's false, citing no evidence
I regularly do service, and people I know in my church regularly do service. A lot of Mormons I know devote huge amounts of time to improving the community for free. The church also has welfare programs available to the public.
>judgmental
sounds like you're stereotyping
Nothing in the temple resembles anything cult like. We don't talk about it because its sacred, not because it's secret or embarrassing. If you want to read about what the church and its temples focus on doing, look at this https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng&old=true.
>>
>>131958013
Scientology is pretty cool. The stuff about Xenu and the thetans that spread their power over the universe is not that far from Mormon doctrine. The ideas would be better if they weren't associated with aggressive retention and proselytization, much like Mormonism.
>>
>>131957834
>Emmanuel Swedenborg
There has been a lot of research to see if J. Smith had access to some of his books as some of their concepts are almost alike.
>>
>>131958259
Yeah, you have to pay for the entire mission on your own.

source, girlfriend's brother is on a mission
>>
>>131951429
>but that many disenfranchised beta men is unsustainable.
Do you understand a good reason to have crusades now?
>>
File: vitruvian_man_square_circle.jpg (57KB, 512x775px) Image search: [Google]
vitruvian_man_square_circle.jpg
57KB, 512x775px
>>131958254
Bullshit, Da Vinci was only a Masonic cuck, some of that chosen people blood takes you to the next heaven
>>
>>131957881
Missions are pretty subsidized dude, they pay for a lot. I'm going on one and there are a lot of expenses I normally would expect that are not coming my way.
>>
>>131958259
In all seriousness, if you grew up in the main church and do not go on a mission you will have a hard time getting married. It viewed as a duty for men as well, and they are trained as they are kids that it expected that they go on a mission.

Lady missionaries many times it that they are True believers or that they want to find a good husband. Really the lady missionaries doe a better job.
>>
>>131957881
tithing is used to build chapels and temples
and to pay for utilities and upkeep of church owned buildings and properties
and to pay the wages of those employed by the church.

as for missions, the church still covers 50% or more of the expenses
>>
>>131958458
>muh sacred
Good deeds have no need for secrecy and should be in the light for everyone to see
>blood oath audio pre 1990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEKGPqu92EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM

there are many other videos exposing mormon garbage
>>
>>131957665
No, It that he is God the Father. I know plenty of Fundamentalists who can go on for hours about it if you let them.
>>
>>131958745
Also don't forget the massive church-subsidized universities where a huge portion of young Mormons go to marry other Mormons. You get better than in-state tuition if you're a member because they're basically public colleges for the Mormon state.
>>
>>131958967
Yep, BYU is like 2000 a year or something.
>>
>>131958719
even going on a mission doesn't guarantee marriage.
>>
>>131958745
overpriced temples and nobody is employed in wards at all
>>
>>131958536
>>131958719

Are there other volunteering activities that Mormons do? Or is it just Missionary? What other ways can you be active in the church without doing an entire mission?
>>
>>131958521
I know it's been confirmed many followers of Swedenborg went on to become early Mormons and one asked Joseph Smith if he was aware of Swedenborg and Smith said he was but I don't think Smith ever confirmed how familiar he was with Swedenborg's writings.

>>131958692
I meant he was like Da Vinci in that Swedenborg was a genius. He was really ahead of his time in a lot of fields before receiving his first visions from God. He also wasn't insane since everyone who interviewed Swedenborg said it was amazing how he was always consistent with what he taught and that he did nothing bizarre. Apparently even his rival John Wesley went pale when Swedenborg sent him a letter with information of things no one knew but Wesley.
>>
>>131958967
>>131959031
the rules though are very strict at BYU from what I hear
breaking even one rule if serious enough will get you expelled
>>
>>131959124
Tons of stuff, the young men and elder quorum are always doing charity work ranging from working on a old persons yard for them to building playgrounds and so on.
>>
>>131958919
Brigham said tha their were three Adams. First Adam was God the Father (Elohim) who was an exalted man who lived on earth and dwelt with men for a time, the second Adam was Michael or the OT Adam, and the third Adam was Jesus/Jehovah.
>>
>>131958719
>you will have a hard time getting married
wrong, there are many that do not go on a mission
>>
>>131959217
Yes, the honor code is strict at BYU universities. It is part of their program.
>>
>>131959415
>programming
fixed that for you
>>
>>131946647
Utahfag here. Weird shit.
>>
>>131959326
Let me clarify:
HF is Adam because he was the first Man on earth though he was not born here
Michael was the first of the Adamic race placed and created on Earth by the gods/elohim
Jesus was the first man on earth that was born again via resurrection.
>>
Mormons are heretics
>>
>>131959124
>What other ways can you be active in the church.

Participate in the calling you receive from the church. I was a boy scout leader before I left.
>>
>>131959350
Didn't say they couldn't get married, just that they will have a harder time getting married to another LDS member.
>>
>>131959326
Young didn't have a clue what Joseph was trying to reveal in the temple endowment. Adam is a "dream".
>>
>>131957536
I don't believe in subsidizing failure.
>>
>>131946647
>What do you think /pol/?
People will believe any bullshit they're told if it presses the right buttons. The era doesn't matter.
>>
>>131959727
Brigham was speaking Adamic and receiving gifts before meeting Joseph. He did more in establishing the church than Joseph did. He was also 4 years Joseph's senior. Brigham respected Joseph, but I think Joseph respected Brigham more.
>>
File: 61.png (32KB, 1163x927px) Image search: [Google]
61.png
32KB, 1163x927px
>>131953799

>which was written by the Arians who were excommunicated at the 1st Council of Nicea.
lets get into some Irony over here.

Constantine was baptized as an Arian Christian, he called the council of Nicea, and was branded a heretic by them does that sound like hypocrisy?. Alaric, who was an Arian Christian King, and his baptized Visigoths were the ones who sacked Rome, they weren't Pagans like the RCC would have you believe, they were Christians. the council of nicea was not divinely appointed, on grounds of hypocrisy. also Rome fell in 410, while the eastern leg of rome Constantinople stood for a further thousand years longer

Mark 1 quite literally indicates Jesus Christ is the Son of God, regardless of how he states "the father and I are one" he goes on quite a bit to say "my father" several times over, like "only those who do the will of MY FATHER" where does the son come from if not the father?

> It is a very accurate translation of the Byzantine NT,
it pretty much isn't.

>Douay-Rheihms in no way resembles the protestant RSV, ASV, NAS, NIV,
well, it actually does, and it even resembles the NKJV version more than the NKJV matches the KJV

>The Masoretic Text is the most obviously altered for Kabbalistic and Talmudic change, as is seen in comparison to the Septuagint, as well as with the OT quotations provided by the apostles in the NT.

in order for the science of the Kabbalah to work, not one letter can be changed otherwise the integrity of the scripture falls apart. while the words might have changed, the letters have not, its the equivalent of Gay turning from meaning happy to homosexual. there is a mathematical structure called the "heptatic structure" and when you remove 1 letter ends up ruining the code. Isaiah 61 concerns a prophecy of Christ healing the blind to be honest Neither the DR, nor the KJV tells ANYTHING of this prophecy of Jesus Healing the blind, but a translation of the Septuagint does.
>>
>>131959647
Okay, that is much more clear.

The adam-god theory is that there were three creator gods "Elohim, Jehovah, and Michael" (but this was before Jehovah = Jesus).

Michael is also the father of Jesus and all of humanity spiritually. Then he and one of his wives (eve) became mortal and started the population of Mortal bodies, then returned to exaltation as heavily Father. Jesus became the first who was exalted on Earth (as Micheal-Adam was exalted on another planet)
>>
File: mary-candles2.jpg (120KB, 595x311px) Image search: [Google]
mary-candles2.jpg
120KB, 595x311px
>>131957233
you're genuinely stupid, it lists the source at the bottom of the meme

https://www.google.com/search?q=catechism+of+the+catholic+church&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

does this not look like idol worship to you?
>>
>>131958919
Honestly I think Joseph Smith III was a more reasonable leader than Brigham Young. He knew how to keep the uniqueness of Mormonism but also knew how to keep good PR with the outside world so that his flock wouldn't suffer constant persecution. He also tempered some of his father's odder teachings. It's just unfortunate the RLDS couldn't keep his pragmatic approach going.
>>
>>131958898
That statement is false. Sacred things can be good and because they are sacred are not spoken of lightly. Secrecy has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>131960116
Even as a polygamist, I understand were you are coming from. It is sad what happened to the RLDS church, but I think it fair to say they lost the flame of the holy ghost.

Their temple in independence is also ugly as hell.
>>
>>131959415
>>131959611
>no premarital sex
Not that I encourage this, but holy shit how does anyone stay in that college?
>>
>>131960498
They get married as freshmen and move to the nice married dorms and then can have sex like rabbits. A lot of graduates already have kids.
>>
>>131960498
By getting married right after the mission and having a HR spy network that makes the CIA, Mossad and Jesuits envious.
>>
>>131946647
Only thing keeping Arizona, Utah and Idaho based.
>>
>>131960750
> HR
HC as in Honor Code
>>
>>131960750
these days a lot of the CIA is Mormon.
>>
>>131960366
Oh the CoC Independence temple is extremely ugly. It has zero aesthetic appeal. No idea why they chose that design. They do a good job taking care of Kirtland's temple though as far as I know. They tried to get temple lot but the Temple Lot group beat them out of that. I just think Mormonism is interesting as a piece of both Christian theology and American history. Hell even Alice Cooper was a Mormon through Sidney Rigdon's branch.
>>
>>131960838
I know. Mormons learn about spying and tattling from an early age. The linguistic training they receive at the MTC is also a plus not to mention the patriotism the church promotes in spite of nearly getting wiped out by the US government in the 1800s.
>>
File: sumar.jpg (210KB, 1425x952px) Image search: [Google]
sumar.jpg
210KB, 1425x952px
>>131957481
>The Adam god theory is that Adam was born a man (not on earth), was exalted, came to form earth as Micheal, then him and eve ate the fruit to become mortal and start humanity, then returned to his throne.
>Some Polygamists groups still follow this idea. I do not. I think it nuts.

well, I'm one of those gnostics. this isn't really that far from the ideals their scriptures state. to give a rough idea the Father created Adam in the fullness. the Demiurge created a second Adam in the image of God that he saw, a counterfeit if you will, and was tricked into giving his divine spark to man in order to animate the body, was cast into earth and the lowest parts of heaven over the demiurges jealousy, and the Son of Adam, Son of Man, or Child of Humanity (how ever you want to put it, they all are the same thing) will re-ascend and sit at the Fathers right hand with Christ.

I still don't see how they pulled this off from the KJV, or the book of mormon, because thats a huge leap.

I do follow the geocentric model of the universe though, so you can write me off as nuts.
>>
>>131960498
>it is impossible to not have sex
Keeping it in your pants is largely a lost art, but there are many ways you can make it easier:
>don't be alone with a woman in her room in the dark rubbing each other
>don't get drunk and take home a woman
>don't get drunk
>>
I know the church attempts to convert many people, but how does the church treat its converts compared to members who grew up in the church? If I want to join a Mormon church (late 20's non-white male), am I going to be an outsider?
>>
>>131960031
Former Jehovah's Witness here. When I was in, Michael was the "chief archangel" and corresponds to Jesus. JWs do not believe that Jesus was actually god.
>>
>>131961258
The Salt Lake church gives money to the CoC to help keep up the Kirkland temple from what I understand.
>>
The CES letter disproves the religion anyway
http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf
>>
>>131948018
>t. jew
>>
>>131961471
the Adam-god theory is a Mormon Idea, not a JW idea, and is no longer accepted except for a few breakaway groups.
>>
>>131960213
sure, just like freemasonry right? oh wait, mormonism is based on freemasonry as joseph smith was one before founding the religion
>>
>>131961617
Ah, got it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
>>131961395
No unless you end up in a shitty ward. Don't join if you are unmarried and over 30 as the pickings are slim, unless you plan to marry outside the church.
>>
>>131961395
Depends on how well you integrate honestly. Half the old people in any given non-Utah ward are going to have been adult converts, and by then it's more of a "huh, I guess brother so-and-so was a convert too" thing.
>>
>>131958898
> Jesus did not say don't cast your pearls before swine (uninitiated gentiles)
>>
>>131961482
I wouldn't be surprised although I think the Salt Lake church isn't too happy about how the CoC treats it as a tourist attraction sometimes.

>>131961636
Smith became a Freemason after he made Mormonism. In fact he enjoyed it so much he basically convinced most of the men in the church to join too.
>>
File: 1474029366144.gif (1MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1474029366144.gif
1MB, 245x180px
http://utlm.org/navtopicalindex.htm <-- Operated by descendant of Brigham Young - Now Christian

http://utlm.org/navonlineresources.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag7R3Y9GjLY

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409) Joseph Smith

8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 (NAS)
>>
File: maynard2013.jpg (29KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
maynard2013.jpg
29KB, 400x333px
I was balling a hot single mom mormon chic one Summer. What a fucking great Summer that was!
>>
>>131962002
Did she tell her bishop?
>>
>>131961636
Mormonism is dogma on demand. People want religion. The only similarities to freemasonry is the structure of the temple endowment, which is entirely superficial and has nothing to do with the hidden truths Joseph was trying to reveal.
>>
>>131946647
Heretics, but truly good people. Anyone who unironically thinks that white people will go extinct clearly don't know about them. Not that race is a big deal to me, I'm not even white lel.

They believed there were MILLIONS of people killed in war 2000 years ago yet we can't find a single mass grave.

They have a crazy amount of political clout though, and as much wealth as the Catholic Church despite being a fraction of their size.
>>
File: 1484469041186.png (2MB, 1400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484469041186.png
2MB, 1400x750px
>>131962196
>hidden truths Joseph was trying to reveal
why does god have to go through a known fraud and scam artist to reveal his message?
>>
>>131961839
33. Jesus said, "What you will hear in your ear, in the other ear proclaim from your rooftops.

After all, no one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, nor does one put it in a hidden place. Rather, one puts it on a lampstand so that all who come and go will see its light."
>>
>>131962536
Yes, and Mormons have a milk-before-meat system that spreads their form of truth to whoever will hear it.
>>
>>131962533
I'm not even Mormon but I mean is a fraud and scam artist any worse than when he chose Paul who was basically a murderer?
>>
>>131962673
thats actually a gnostic teaching in the gospel of thomas that comes from matthew 5:15
>>
>>131962872
So? Gnostics knew what was up.
>>
>>131962533
how would you explain human reality to a bunch of 19th century morons? indeed, many turned their backs on Joseph because of his growing contradictions.
>>
>>131952711
Lol that edgelord ex Mormon letter

I enjoy ex Mormons. They cherry pick the easy issues and ignore the hard ones
>>
>>131962696
All abrahamic religions are a joke
>>
>>131962696
Paul was very bad then became very good, according to Christian teaching. Mormons say Smith was doing good when he see scamming. Not Mormon or the one who said that originally but I think that's the argument.
>>
>>131963029
Not an argument.
You still can't argue against the letter
>>
>>131962059
I dunno. She was way too busy swallowing. It was incredible. She sucked like a Champ.
>>
>>131963117
Maybe, but Mormonism is better than them all. It doesn't demonize ancient Egyptians or other "pagans" but admits they knew some things about the world.
>>
>>131963029
Here's a hard one edgelords. Where'd he get the money for gold plates and why is was he poor after.

Why did it take so long for polygamy to happen? The Quakers were already doing free sex communes in the same place.

Why was Joseph's relationship unlike any other religious leaders with God mad at him all the time and him documenting it?

He couldve slept with anyone he wanted without the marriage BS as the leader.

I don't justify him, I just hate faggots that cherry pick to make him look awesome or terrible.

Charles Fort is a helpful read
>>
File: ringinsideofringinsideofring.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ringinsideofringinsideofring.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
/end thread. thread continued here: >>131958891
>>
>>131946647
There beliefs are some of the most retarded ever. Like all religions are.

I have talked to a few and I will say this. They are the most happy care free people I've met. always have a positive attitude, very out going.

Kind of creepy at the same time.
>>
>>131963185
Sure can. Those shitty books he references and I read are fan fics to the profound sermons of King Benjamin and other prophets.

I've read all of Joseph's writing unedited and Bushman's book is the best at a fair view of him.

CES letter guy is pure cringe.

Brigham Young is a harder figure to grasp but still likable.
>>
>>131964438
The translation of Egyptian is the most liked up industry around. Like I would believe the British who burned mummies for train fuel to talk intelligently on that subject.

Dumb asses still think pyramids are funerary and not gravity pumps for irrigation.

Charles Fort is the best red pill
>>
File: 1498465113694.png (522KB, 511x908px) Image search: [Google]
1498465113694.png
522KB, 511x908px
>>131946647
Even if Joseph Smith was a con artist, crazy / schitzo, or actually magic.

It's the only truly European American religion.

While it's not completely free of semitism, being a offshoot of Christianity.

It is as close as we'll get to a European Pagan religion that has wide adoption and is built on the need to have strong, educate, white families
>>
>>131946647
>be me
>Just finished LARPing as a Mormon for a day. Was hung over, high, and chain-smoking. Funny looks
>>
>>131946647
A short history of Mormons and alcohol
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/commentary-mormon-ban-on-alcohol-not-always-absolute/2014/01/27/5f196a04-877a-11e3-a760-a86415d0944d_story.html?utm_term=.2a0123273268

> Mormons originally used wine in sacrament (this is well known)

> The department store known as ZCMI (Zion Cooperative Mercantile Institution) sold beer, wine and even Valley Tan, a locally produced whiskey.

> Hotel Utah (now Joseph Smith Memioral Building), built by the church in 1910, boasted a basement with one of the finest bars in the West. Proceeds from the bar were used to pay off the $2 million cost of construction.

> Joseph F. Smith was the first church president to make the Word of Wisdom mandatory in 1902

> In 1921, Heber J. Grant aligned church policy with the national temperance movement and made absolute abstinence church law.

Now WOW violations keep you out of the temple.
>>
File: Ka-Kek.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ka-Kek.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
>>131963943
O KEK HEAR THE WORDS OF OUR MOUTHS
>>
File: spine2.gif (373KB, 1670x1168px) Image search: [Google]
spine2.gif
373KB, 1670x1168px
>>131965181
god, you idiots just get dumber and dumber by the post.
>>
>>131966056
>god, you idiots just get dumber and dumber by the post.
says Captain Merkaba
>>
>>131966056
> Kaballah wasn't born from Western Mysticism due to contact with Greeks and Romans.
Hell, I'd go so far as to say the folks we know today as Jews ARE Greeks and Romans.
>>
>>131946647
There's a big morman conference thingy going on. It's interesting this question has been coming up since they started pushing it. Sounds like it might be a big deal.
>>
>>131946647
> Americans believe in the dumbest shit
Whew, sensational news at eleven.
>>
>>131947687
you aren't a Christian and don't dare compare yourself to the divine grace of Catholicism
>>
File: quran ksiser.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
quran ksiser.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>131967054
>divine grace of catholicism
>spends a thousand years of burning bibles, and people who read the bible
>catholic church venerates the quran

oh man, you catholics sure are drunk on the blood of saints, and the fornication of babylon

>trying to call someone who confesses Jesus Christ is the son of God, who died for our sins and resurrected on the 3rd day according to the scriptures

you're a pagan Harry.

>>131966327
>not understanding the soul has a monotheistic creator

>>131966394
it wasn't it was born out of trying to rectify the jews with the Godhead when they rejected the messiah, i made a couple of posts about it if you scroll up.

there are also arguments about how forms of the kabbalah existed since the times of Moses.
>>
File: paytheirwayistheonlyway.png (232KB, 629x500px) Image search: [Google]
paytheirwayistheonlyway.png
232KB, 629x500px
bump for THumP
>>
>>131968289
>implying eternal souls can have a moment of creation
>>
File: what the fug.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
what the fug.png
11KB, 211x246px
>>131968348
>unify capitalistic and socialistic agendas
>by instating socialism
>>
>>131956368
ur brainwashed kid
>>
>>131946928
agreed, we should call them Moronism.
>>
>>131968289
lol wut? so thousands of years of truth doesn't mean shit because some pedo drunk retard criminal writes a shit book about Jesus visiting indians? that what you're saying lel? it's like every few years there's a new mormon that has the ghost of smith and an indian Jesus talk to him. You all are nuts. Why do you hate truth?
>>
>>131946647
Joseph Smith is a con man and it's a cult. You know a cult by their practice of separating members from anyone but other members of the cult. If you've ever had mormon friends you know that's how they are and you are seen as a sort of "dangerous outsider" to them. You also probably lost those friends at some point or realized that at the root of their "religion" their is no actual foundation of any kind of greater good. The cult feeds itself, protects itself, and cults are always dangerous and sinister at the core.
>>
>>131947626
holy fuck this is sick, I always thought that the kingdom of zion would be a strong faction during the balkanization and civil war, now I realize its fucked and would implode.
>>
File: humanity party mock constitution.png (662KB, 1063x596px) Image search: [Google]
humanity party mock constitution.png
662KB, 1063x596px
>>131968348
>The Humanity Party
Oh man these people are a fucking riot. I knew I recognized that acronym somewhere. Get a load of their proposed replacement for the Constitution.
>>
>>131950424
>mostly

so just a little incest is cool?
>>
>>131954317
what does, a lot of rotation mean? Wife trading?
>>
File: pope10.jpg (70KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
pope10.jpg
70KB, 777x777px
>>131969795
> so thousands of years of truth doesn't mean shit because some pedo drunk retard criminal writes a shit book about Jesus visiting indians?

you know, I told an account of how the natives of new zealand were already christian before missionaries got here. at this point I don't know why you would doubt that Christ came to other lands and told them what happened, but then again I'm not a mormon, nor have i read the book of mormon.

> that what you're saying lel?
>ignoring the fact the catholic church for thousands of years has been full of pedophiles, drunks, and retards
>ignoring the fact that catholics invented the "cash4heaven" scam
> it's like every few years there's a new mormon that has the ghost of smith and an indian Jesus talk to him.
I don't know, nor care anything about that, mostly because I'm not mormon.

>You all are nuts. Why do you hate truth?
you're an idiot, you're the one who hates the truth.

you're a pagan bro. hows that idol worship taste?
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.