[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey, everyone! i'm a queer non-binary muslim, and i just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: islamflag-690x460.jpg (51KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
islamflag-690x460.jpg
51KB, 690x460px
hey, everyone! i'm a queer non-binary muslim, and i just wanted to share this with you guys. i see a lot of hate, so i have to put my voice out. it's the only way to counter it.

orlando was hard for me. i'm afro-latinx, i'm muslim, i'm queer. but that's not the main reason why it was hard. i was hard because 49 people lost their lives in their safe space. in the place where they can call home, some even with their own family members. it was basic human empathy first.

during the aftershock of the massacre, i got some islamophobic sentiment from lgbt friends, the average homophobia masked as false concern from some muslims, and of course, there was that issue at stonewall inn where there was a huge argument about whether lgbt poc can believe in a police presence as a comforting fact, especially in the midst of several black lives matter protests in new york city.

i reflected a lot of my identity at the time, and realized that i get by a lot on passing: passing as straight and masc at the mosque, passing as non-observant in the gay club (even in the midst of ramadan), passing here, passing there. never really being true to myself.

pulse kinda ended that.
>>
>>131937854

anytime i hear something homophobic from any person in my faith, i immediately correct them. any time there is anti-muslim sentiment, i remain true to my faith. there are issues i understand my mosque is not ready for, of course. thankfully, i have community on reddit and tumblr for that. however, the dignity of lgbt lives is not up for debate. and i understand that lgbt people deserve complete freedoms, but the humanity of muslim lives is equally important.

now, yes, i am aware of lgbt rights in muslim countries. i am aware of the human rights records in the islamic world. i'm glad the lgbt muslims still have forged a community there, albeit underground. we are a resilient people wherever we are.

i look forward to the day when lgbt muslims can practice their faith freely. but i also look at today and hope that more and more safe spaces for lgbt continue to grow in the islamic world. safe spaces that will remain free from terror and intimidation. safe spaces that will never have to see another pulse.
>>
File: ∂iscor∂.jpg (184KB, 957x1024px) Image search: [Google]
∂iscor∂.jpg
184KB, 957x1024px
>>131937854
>>
>>131937854
Dude, homo/queer/trans/heliphobic or not, you're going to hell if you express yourself.
Best you could do is not act upon your impulses.
>>
File: 1487102083328.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1487102083328.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>131937854
Lighten up, Francis
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.