[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NHS making the right call. This isn't about "possible

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: benjamin.png (395KB, 587x501px) Image search: [Google]
benjamin.png
395KB, 587x501px
NHS making the right call.

This isn't about "possible alternative options" It about not letting grieving parents force their child into a life of torture and suffering as a labrat.
>>
...And is NHS making the right call in refusing to allow them to take the child home to die in peace and privacy, anon?
>>
>>131935945

the parents aren't doing that. They want to take the child to the US to be the 1st ever experimental subject in a procedure to restore minor brain function.

They have no idea if the child is in pain or not, I actually don't even know if the kid would live long enough unattached to life support to make it to the us.
>>
>>131936394
They asked to at least take him home to die and were refused.
>>
>>131936758

Then i guess they were considered a flight risk.
>>
>>131935515
What's this stupid kike going on about?
What does the decision have to do with a nationalized healthcare system?
>>
It's because they're white. All the parents have to say is that their child self identifies as black and murdering him is racist. The government would throw all the money they steal at them.
>>
>>131935945
NHS denied comfort care nigger, something even a broke piece of shit with no insurance gets here. I had a patient the other week with a blank EEG and the family fortunately made the right decision to withdraw care instead of wasting hundred of thousands of dollars keeping a body warm.
>>
>>131935515
So Europe actually has death panels?
>>
>>131936394

I am not a Doctor so I don't know about experimental procedures much but I have a question wise OP. Aren't human test subjects needed so scientists eventually discover a method to fully restore brain capacity to other patients eventually?
>>
>>131938836
They inevitably exist when government takes over healthcare and has to prioritize where resources go.

Source: I'm from Europe.
>>
>>131939000
Test on animals first
>>
>>131935945
Why do that? The kids on strong pain killers in the hospital.
>>
>>131939099

Isn't the point of socialized health care to give everybody all the treatment options currently available?
>>
Fucks sake just kill the little cunt and have another one.
>>
>>131939365

If they wanted to use the child as a test subject doesn't that means that they already most likely experimented with animals?
>>
>>131939632
pretty much this. I don't understand this emotional attachment to little babies. just make another one.
>>
>>131939632
>>131939914

What do you guys think about people that kill babies? Should they face significantly less jail time?
>>
>>131940330
Hell no, a baby is a human life, but if the thing has some kind of debilitating disease that will cause it to suffer everyday of its life until it dies at 3 years old, just kill the damn thing and roll the dice again. No sense going a mil in debt for medical bills to torture some infant with life.
>>
>>131940758

Didn't they raised money to cover the cost? Will they even get that money? Does the baby even have the capacity to suffer even with his level of brain damage?

>get another baby

Babies are not toys. You can't replace one with another. They probably shouldn't try for more babies if that shit is genetic.
>>
>>131940758

And if people are so concerned about wasting their money on useless people then the UK should probably have a private insurance model anyway. Or better yet, no insurance so everybody pays for their own shit.
>>
>>131941937
Or just kill off the useless people with such terrible genetic defects that they will either suffer endlessly or be a vegetable with less concious thought than a house fly.
>>
>>131941626
>Babies are not toys. You can't replace one with another.

You've never been to china i take it
>>
>>131942638

Are you advocating for the death of us /pol/acks?
>>
>>131942638

>a little group of people will consume all the NHS budget
>>
The only rational response is to slaughter any progeny of the judge.
>>
>>131939422
>Give everybody everything?
May be overseen and paid for by gov't, but still has resource limitations.

>>131939632
>Just have another one
It's a genetic disorder from the sound of it, still some risk.

>>131941626
>You can't just replace babbys
Statistically, historically, and quite literally, yes. yes you can.

This is one time the right wing is dead wrong. The 'death panel' has to satisfy 3 conditions to make this call:
1/ There is no reasonable belief that treatment can help or cure the patient
2/ Will continued treatment merely extend the suffering of the patient
3/ Are the resources better spent elsewhere?

People get triggered hard by the third question, which is the problem.

What happens is in reality is that these are answered by a group of doctors, and the third question is always the answer to the first two, and is mainly to get dave in accounting to shut the fuck up. If there is hope, or they're not just causing pain for no reason, doctors will keep treating the patient. If there is no hope and all you're doing is dragging out a painful existence, then this si the right call.

Incidentally, these are the things that (for example) cancer patients must answer if they try to refuse treatment. Generally decides if someone is sound of mind if they can objectively comprehend this kind of reasoning.

probably why it's not popular with jews, christians and muslims...
>>
>>131936394
it isnt the NHS' fucking child, you faggot
>>
>>131939632
This tbqh. Why waste so much time and resources on something which probably hasn't even developed self-awareness yet. They could've used the money they spent on this court case to have and raise more non-deformed kids.
>>
>>131943771

If the baby is basically already dead what is the issue with given it to the parents so it can be used as a test subject? How do we know he is suffering with such brain damage?
>>
>>131935515
>the government has more power over your children than you do
>this extends to the government being able to kill your child against your will

see, that's the kind of shit that ends up with polis hanging from lamp posts
>>
>>131944386

Yeah, they should have another baby so this shit can happen again
>>
>>131939914
thats because you have aspergers / autism
>>
>>131944433
>why not use babby as a test subject?

fails the second part, what with the undue suffering and all. You'll notice the 'experimental tests' mentioned that it would be the first human subject. They've probably only started testing theories on mice, but hey what's a dead baby in the mix?

>How do we know it's suffering?
Actually, this is the easiest part. with modern imaging, even with severe brain damage, we can see that a brain is accepting input. Play audio and a bit lights up on the scans? Not deaf. Prick the baby and a bright spot momentarily gets 10% brighter, baby can feel pain and is already in constant agony.

>>131944689
Effectively this process determines if the patient or applicable guardian is sound of mind, and as paradoxical as it may seem, the answer should be the same regardless of who answers, assuming all are indeed sound of mind. In this case, the parents were not, and thus actions were taken.

In another case, if you had aids for example, you, your parents, friends, doctor, and a hobo from the street should all answer the same because there is treatment that can prolong your life, lessen your suffering and isn't as expensive as a life support machine. All in this example would be considered sound of mind, to the required level. In this baby's case, the parents failed.
>>
>>131946077
(and when I say answer the same, I mean all say yes you should be continuing to receive medical care, not be taken off life support as a baby)
>>
>>131946215

Death is also the best choice for the aids patient because it lessens the pain.
>>
:(
>>
File: 1496185380061.png (14KB, 649x542px) Image search: [Google]
1496185380061.png
14KB, 649x542px
>>131935515
>force their child into a life of torture and suffering as a labrat.

Even the guy with the experimental treatment said he didn't know the baby was "that far gone".

If your longshot is telling you the grasping at straws stage is gone, what the fuck are you doing?

There's a reason society considers it murder if parents stop kids getting treatment and pray over them or hold crystal healing sessions instead. Likewise, if the parents are saying they just need to try DNA from goat testicles or uploading the kids brain to a computer, it's not more right because it "sounds science-y".
>>
>>131939914
Clearly you don't have children
>>
>>131946077
>>131946215
I would end you if you tried that shit with me or my kids. Dont care what the fuck your argument is, I hope you're willing to die over my kids if you're wanting to kill them.
>>
>>131950291
This shit wouldn't fly in the states anon. There was a father who threatened to kill anyone who went into his son's room and took him off life support as his wife wanted to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371236/George-Pickering-II-standoff-Tomball-Regional-Medical-Center-Houston-brain-dead-son.html

Son eventually recovered.
>>
>>131948308

But it is okay to force your child to be raped by Muslims.
>>
>>131939642
Nupol is full of morons who don't understand how clinical trials work.
>>
>>131951143
Sweet justice.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.